Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Carrying the Torch (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nerd

Nerd

Characters : Lighttail (SkC), Sunflare (SC), Sageroot (TC), Bianca (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T2 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T4 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 2468

Carrying the Torch (c) Empty
PostSubject: Carrying the Torch (c)   Carrying the Torch (c) EmptyThu 21 Sep 2023 - 6:48

Snowfoot knew. Nobody told her, but she had spent enough time in the nursery to know the signs. And she knew her sister-in-law. Pineblossom was even quieter than usual, and between that and her weight gain Snowfoot knew.

Pineblossom was pregnant again. And not entirely thrilled about it.

Seeking out the other she-cat in camp, Snowfoot approached gently. “Hey,” she purred. “Mind if I sit here? I’ve got a story I think you might appreciate.

In case you didn’t already know, I was born a loner. Froststar brought me to ShadowClan when I was just a kit. My mother was a cat called Light. She was silver with blue eyes and, in my memory anyway, very beautiful. But we were starving. It was a very harsh Leafbare and she couldn’t hunt enough to provide for us. In the end, she failed. She left to hunt, said she’d be back by Sunhigh, and never returned. A fox killed her.

But you know what? I still loved her. She loved me and she did her best, and that’s all it takes to be a good mother. I know I’ve lost most of my kits, but I love them and I did my best. And then there’s you. I’ve seen you with your sons, Pineblossom. You’re a wonderful, caring cat, and anyone who can’t see that is a fool. And you love them and you do your best. You’re a good mother, Pineblossom.”
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2988

PostSubject: Re: Carrying the Torch (c)   Carrying the Torch (c) EmptySat 23 Sep 2023 - 13:53

Pineblossom

Pineblossom lifted her head when Snowfoot approached her. She barely got out a word of greeting before Snowfoot got into her story. Pineblossom’s ears lowered and she looked down at the yellowing grass underpaw. She was quiet until Snowfoot finished.

“You know, don’t you?” she murmured. She had barely told anyone, but she knew that Snowfoot was wise, and Pineblossom could not exactly hide the effects that her pregnancy had on her body.  She sighed. “I appreciate your words, Snowfoot. It…It is not the fear of motherhood that is the reason for how downtrodden I’ve been lately.” She closes her eyes tightly. “My first litter did not even get to take their first breath. I thought I was doing everything right, and they still…” Her voice died on her tongue. It took her a minute before she concluded, “If that happens again with this litter, I fear it will break me.”
ShadowClan • Tier 5 • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #6699ff
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards  ❊  Codes
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T2 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T4 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue
Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Carrying the Torch (c)   Carrying the Torch (c) EmptyMon 25 Sep 2023 - 9:42

Snowfoot hoped she hadn’t been too forward, but she felt it needed to be said. She fell silent after her story was told and listened to Pineblossom’s response, gently brushing her tail against the other queen’s. After sitting in silence together for a minute, she whispered, “It broke me every time. I’ve never had any kits the way most do, but I’ve suffered every time I’ve lost one of my adopted kits. And I know it pains you the same. But sometimes it helps me to think of the pain like a scar. A scar means you lived. It may hurt, but the pain will dull with time. And someday, in StarClan, I expect we’ll both have our paws full.” She smiled a little, gazing up at the sky.
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Carrying the Torch (c)   Carrying the Torch (c) EmptyThu 28 Sep 2023 - 13:22

Pineblossom

Pineblossom looked at Snowfoot and she reached over, brushing their paws together briefly. They had both experienced the loss of their children; she knew that should anyone understand her grief here, it would be Snowfoot. Her own gaze lifted to the stars and she hummed. “We certainly will…That’s the only good thing that will come from the end of our lives.” She closed her eyes briefly, thinking of Honeylight and her lost kits. She hoped that he was watching after them up there. Pineblossom opened her eyes and looked at Snowfoot. “You also didn’t have a proper Moonstone ceremony, right?” They both grew up in the midst of the Dark Forest invasion, where they were cut off from the stars. “Have you also never had another chance to meet a StarClan cat?”
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards  ❊  Codes
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Carrying the Torch (c)   Carrying the Torch (c) EmptyThu 28 Sep 2023 - 13:36

Snowfoot shuffled her paws as she had when she was younger and nervous or upset; the habit had come back during her bout with amnesia and never went away again. She shook her head. “Nope. Basilbloom tried putting me to sleep but I just got nothing. I could almost feel that it wasn’t an ordinary dream and they should be there, but they weren’t. I think I was one of the first two or three failed attempts.” She took a deep breath. “Sometimes, though… Occasionally I have moments when it almost feels like my mother is right there watching me and I can almost hear her voice. She’s probably not technically in StarClan though, being a loner and all.”
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Carrying the Torch (c)   Carrying the Torch (c) EmptyMon 2 Oct 2023 - 16:25

Pineblossom

Pineblossom listened and nodded. Snowfoot’s words were comforting, even if they objectively sounded more harrowing. They were not alone in being cats that never experienced StarClan. Together, they understood one another’s point of view well.

“I wonder where cats outside the clans go when they die,” she mused softly. “I’m sure they go somewhere…If they cannot be with StarClan, perhaps they find another special place. I would bet that your mother is watching over you.” Pineblossom’s own mother was still alive, though growing quite old. She was never that close with her mother, but she makes a note to talk with her again, especially if she will be leaving her one day. Her father, she never knew at all. She wonders if he’s dead and in StarClan, or somewhere else entirely.
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699