Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2958

i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c]   i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c] - Page 2 EmptyMon 30 Oct 2023 - 13:04

Larkpaw

Larkpaw tilted his head in consideration. As RiverClanners, while they did hunt land prey, it was rare for them to do that instead of just fishing. Even more rare were to catch things like rabbits or birds because they operated so differently from what they were used to hunting. They were not WindClanners who could run faster than rabbits or SkyClanners who could leap into trees.

“Birds,” Larkpaw repeated with a hum. He wasn’t sure he had ever even tried to catch a bird, but he would not admit that to Cinderpaw. “I will try it. It is important you grab them while they’re on the ground before they take off to the safety of trees or just fly off altogether. Here: I will show you.”

Larkpaw sniffed around, breathing in deeply as he sought out what prey was available. He did smell another mouse nearby, but he ignored it until he smelled the distinct scent of feathers. Carefully he approached until he spotted the bird in question picking around for worms on the ground. His tail stood up in anticipation and he proceeded carefully. He figured that this would be just like catching a mouse; move carefully and then pounce and it will be over before you knew it.

However, birds, it seemed, were very different. The bird’s head snapped towards him like it knew he was coming. That startled Larkpaw enough that he leapt callously towards it. The bird took off and his claw hooked a feather from its tail which earned a squawk from the bird, but it was long gone without a scratch on it.

Larkpaw sat up from where he had clumsily landed on the ground and his nose twitched indignantly. He looked back at Cinderpaw and then looked away. “That is…what you do not do.”

Larkpaw attempted to catch a bird...unsuccessful! -3 SP.
RiverClan • Apprentice • He/Him • 20 | 60 • #787878
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards

Last edited by xaandiir on Mon 30 Oct 2023 - 13:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15046

PostSubject: Re: i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c]   i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c] - Page 2 EmptyMon 30 Oct 2023 - 13:04

The member 'xaandiir' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 9

i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c] - Page 2 Mistpe10
i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c] - Page 2 Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
moonazyne

moonazyne

Characters : [C]indersky, [W]olfpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan, T3 Warrior| ShadowClan, Apprentice
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 326

PostSubject: Re: i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c]   i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c] - Page 2 EmptyWed 1 Nov 2023 - 6:41

cinderpaw

apprentice | riverclan

Cinderpaw followed along with what he said with the utmost attention, nodding to his words as if he were a well of infinite knowledge. "Grab before they fly," She repeated in confirmation, giving him a smile so that he knew she was still listening.

She murmured a quiet word of luck as he set off to find some unfortunate morsel, trailing behind him quietly and leaving at least two to three bounds between them. The last thing she needed was her to alert his prey. She'd feel utterly terrible about it. She hung back when he settled in to his crouch, watching with anticipation, and hummed sympathetically when the bird careered just out of reach.

She trotted over to him as he sat up, her head angled down. "It's okay," She hummed, tapping against his shoulder like a breeze with her tail-- Not too long, not too short-- too long made some cats uncomfortable, too short might seem curt. "I don't think we are built to catch birds. Maybe I can give it a try? If I can barely catch a mouse, though..."

She huffed, but it was settled. She'd give it a go. It took her a while to find the next scent, no doubt their constant attempts were making the prey in the area cautious and jumpy. It probably contributed to their lack of catch, but when she did find a bird; brown like bark with beedy black eyes, she settled in and took a quiet breath to steady herself... A similar mistake. While fish were lazy and stupid, birds were much too aware. The second her paw hit the ground to make her move, its black eye locked on to her. It raised its wings to take off, and even with a little hop to try and catch it before it got out of reach, she managed only to dislodge a little feather.

"Rats," She huffed, her chest heaving with effort. "That's annoying. Why can't we have wings? It's cheating that they can."

Cinderpaw attempts to catch a bird... And misses. -3sp

template by #kiikko

Cindersky  | Daytrader |  Wolfpaw

"sed non obligant."

Last edited by moonazyne on Wed 1 Nov 2023 - 6:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15046

PostSubject: Re: i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c]   i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c] - Page 2 EmptyWed 1 Nov 2023 - 6:41

The member 'moonazyne' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 9

i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c] - Page 2 Mistpe10
i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c] - Page 2 Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c]   i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c] - Page 2 EmptyFri 3 Nov 2023 - 10:45

Larkpaw

Larkpaw sighed in disappointment when Cinderpaw couldn’t catch the bird, but he wasn’t that disappointed, because he knew he would have been jealous if she had managed to catch it when he failed.

He approached Cinderpaw and shook out his pelt. “Don’t be too upset. We are built to catch fish, after all, not birds like those featherbrained SkyClanners. I bet ThunderClanners miss their birds more than they catch them too.” He looked at her and added, “Be happy about the prey you already caught. It’s one more than we had this morning."

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Characters : [C]indersky, [W]olfpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan, T3 Warrior| ShadowClan, Apprentice
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 326

PostSubject: Re: i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c]   i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c] - Page 2 EmptySun 5 Nov 2023 - 10:45

cinderpaw

apprentice | riverclan

"ThunderClanners and SkyClanners would look silly trying to catch a fish, too," Cinderpaw voiced to what he had said about the other two clans. "They would probably fall in and drown first. They would be the fish."

The genuinity of which he encouraged her surprised her. She had expected a perfect, blunt description of what she had done wrong. Not that. It was difficult to keep the initial surprise off of her face, but a smile soon built thereafter.

"You're right," She purred. "It will feed someone tonight, and that's all that matters. And your rabbit will feed more than one! You best brag about that when we get back. And it's not a small rabbit, either."

She had half a mind to ask him to go over the basic mouse-hunting thing again, when the distant din of the patrol they had split from drifted past her ears. With a flick of her left, she let out a soft huff of displeasure. "I forgot we were with others," She admitted. "Do you want to see if they'll let us stay out longer, or would you rather bring this back to camp?"

template by #kiikko

Cindersky  | Daytrader |  Wolfpaw

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c]   i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c] - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 15:14

Larkpaw

Larkpaw tilted his head in consideration. He didn’t really want to make a fool of himself again if he missed another catch in front of Cinderpaw. Besides; his paws were sore and they had already caught some food for the clan. Larkpaw replied, “Let’s just head back. We don’t want to wait with our catches for too long, and it’s getting late in the day anyway.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c]   i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2