Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2957

i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c] Empty
PostSubject: i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c]   i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c] EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 7:13 pm

Larkpaw

Normally, Larkpaw hated patrols because he had to be with other cats who never liked him. He could not wait for the day he earned his warrior name—if that ever happened—and he could go out and do thing on his own for once. It would be a relief.

However…Larkpaw didn’t hate his company today. He didn’t really know the warrior that led them—although they did give him some freedom to wander off to hunt rather than sticking like glue, which was also a nice break—but he did know the apprentice that joined them: Cinderpaw. He thought at first that she was annoying and skittish, and maybe she still was, but she was also…kind. To him. Larkpaw was not used to that at all. It was…nice, if he was ever a cat that would admit something like that.

Larkpaw glanced at Cinderpaw as they walked together. They were searching for some new prey to catch while the warrior that joined them went off in another direction for the same reason. They were not allowed to go to the river unsupervised, so they were searching for mice or squirrels.

“Are you still terrible at hunting?” Larkpaw asked bluntly. That was probably fine to say. She’d told him that she wasn’t that good at being an apprentice, so he was only using what she said.
RiverClan • Apprentice • He/Him • 20 | 60 • #787878
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Characters : [C]indersky, [W]olfpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan, T3 Warrior| ShadowClan, Apprentice
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 326

PostSubject: Re: i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c]   i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c] EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 7:22 pm

Cinderpaw, RiverClan

Cinderpaw was getting used to being called on for random hunting patrols. It happened every second day, more often than not, and she had begun to assume it was Perchstar's way of getting her to catch up. It was a little embarrassing sometimes, in truth. She had been learning long enough that she should be able to do it all, and she did know how-- But it was like the second she put it into action she'd fumble and blunder on something or another.

Today, though, was a different story. It was her first patrol with Larkpaw and he had yet to discover how abysmal she could be. It made her a bit nervous in truth, to know that this budding friendship-- acquaintanceship--? could crumble just because she flunked at the very last second most of the time. She was trying to hide that, and hoping she was doing that at least a little well... Her head lifted when she heard his question.

"Well, uhm-..." She began, pausing mid-sentence to circumvent a rather fat looking worm that she would've died if she stood on. "I think so. I'm better than I was before, but sometimes I still sort of... Mess it up." That was less embarrassing to say than she thought. Maybe it was because his facial expressions never changed. That was probably it. "I'll do my best not to screw up too badly today, though. I promise."

Cindersky  | Daytrader |  Wolfpaw

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c]   i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c] EmptyThu Sep 07, 2023 12:35 am

Larkpaw

Larkpaw hummed as they continued sniffing out some fresh prey. He replied, “As I would expect from Perchstar. She has, what, three apprentices? Her focus is so split that she doesn’t have time to treat you properly, even if she was good at mentoring.” He huffed. “My mentor Rowansong isn’t the best either, but at least he just has me to focus on.”

A fresh scent caught Larkpaw’s attention and his head turned and his tail stood straight up with interest. He lowered down on his paws and whispered, “Here. I’m sure I can teach you far better than Perchstar ever could.” He crawled forward, keeping low to the sand and hiding behind the reeds and grasses as he approached the prey in question. When Larkpaw realized it was a rabbit, his eyes grew wide. He restrained himself from getting too excited and revealing himself to the prey. Perhaps Rowansong would actually speak praise of him if he came trotting back to camp with a rabbit in his jaws.

Larkpaw got as close as he dared and a ripple ran under his fur as his muscles tensed. He finally sprung out at the rabbit. It managed a tiny squeak of surprise when Larkpaw bowled it over, but he ended its life quickly. He sat up and turned towards Cinderpaw, and for once his eyes shone with something of delight and excitement instead of the dulled, bitter expression he wore daily. “Did you see?” he asked, his voice coated with eagerness.

Larkpaw attempted to catch a rabbit…successful! -3 SP.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Last edited by xaandiir on Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15032

PostSubject: Re: i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c]   i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c] EmptyThu Sep 07, 2023 12:35 am

The member 'xaandiir' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 1

i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c] Mistpe10
i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c]   i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c] EmptyThu Sep 07, 2023 12:14 pm

Cinderpaw, RiverClan

"Four apprentices now," Cinderpaw replied with a meagre sigh. "She has that, uhm... What's their name? The Clan-hopper... Murkypaw, I think it is. I haven't met them yet. I'm not sure I want to." The idea of this 'Murkypaw' being from another clan unsettled her. She didn't know their story, or why Perchstar even allowed them in in the first place... But that wasn't meant to happen, right?

"Perchstar does her best," She continued, her eyes following Larkpaw as he walked. "When we do get to train together, she teaches me well. I've been on a lot of patrols lately, and I'm guessing that's her way of filling in the gaps...-"

She was going to continue speaking, but Larkpaw's attention was suddenly drawn elsewhere. She lowered herself to the ground in tandem with him. Ah, prey. That made sense. Why didn't she think of that? "You got this!" She purred beneath her breath, and kept herself silent then as the black and white tom closed in.

Her breath caught when she leaped, and waited to hear the creatures final squeak before she dared to lift her head. His excitement almost made his eyes glow. She couldn't help but purr at the happiness in his voice, and she nodded vigorously. "I did! You did that perfectly!" She purred, lifting herself up to join him at his catch. "And that's not a small rabbit either-- You did great, Larkpaw. I don't know how I'll live up to that display."

She could try. But even if she messed it up she was happy that he was happy. She hoped he would be happy more, later on. Happiness suited him.

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c]   i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c] EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 1:19 am

Larkpaw

Larkpaw’s tail swayed eagerly behind him. He dragged the captured prey over to Cinderpaw and dropped it between the both of them. “You won’t know unless you try,” he said with a nod. “Did you see how it went? Rabbits are fast, so you need to get up close to them and pounce, or you’ll never outrun them. Mice and squirrels are a little easier. Birds can take off though so it’s good to pounce on them too.” He gestured with a paw back behind him in a vague direction. “Go on ahead and find something of your own. I you don’t catch it, I’ll tell you where you went wrong."
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c]   i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c] EmptyWed Sep 13, 2023 4:22 pm

Cinderpaw, RiverClan

Cinderpaw listened to his short tips eagerly, nodding her head along to each beat of the sentence. It sounded so simple when spoke, crouch, stalk, pounce. But in practice... Her ears went back as she turned to look into the distance after the wave of his paw. It was so much harder in practice.

"O-Okay," She said with a soft quiver in her tone. "I'll do my best."

She parted her mouth, her ears once again angling forward. Her senses attuned to the sounds of the forest around her, the wind through the beech trees that ringed them, the distant burbling of the river and a faint, scratchy, scurrying echoing from between a tuft of grass ahead of them. Somewhere...

She followed the sound slowly, her ears twitching with each rise and fall of the noises the creature made and her body level with the ground. She grew close and lowered herself again, and with another intake of breath, recognised her prey as a mere mouse. Nothing of such grandeur and cause for celebration, but something edible no less.

Her heart thudded with nerves in her chest and it made her paws unsteady. She grit her teeth and forced herself to focus, and once she believed she was within reaching distance, bunched up her muscles and leaped...

Cinderpaw attempts to catch a mouse... And misses it by the skin of her teeth. -2SP

And yet, StarClan seemed it would not allow her a moment of triumph. Or perhaps it was her own fault. She had it trapped beneath a claw, its small paws flailing and squeaks raising from its little mouth. She met its eyes for a moment, and a hollow, dull feeling spread across her. Only for a second, her concentration slipped, but it was just enough time for the mouse to wriggle its way out. When she realised what was happening, her other paw flung forward to attempt to catch it again, only to get caught and drag up grass and muck beside the mouse, leaving it free to scurry away.

"Oh," Cinderpaw sighed, standing up again with slumped shoulders and her tail stooped low. She looked back at Larkpaw, disappointment and sadness darkening her gaze, before she turned back to watch where the mouse had scampered off to. "I'm sorry, I... I had it for a moment."

"sed non obligant."

Last edited by moonazyne on Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c]   i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c] EmptyWed Sep 13, 2023 4:22 pm

The member 'moonazyne' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 8

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c]   i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c] EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 12:55 am

Larkpaw

Larkpaw watched Cinderpaw as she approached. Her form wasn’t too bad. She seemed a bit shaky and nervous, but the mouse didn’t notice at all. Mice never did; they were the stupidest prey animals in the forest, and so this should have been a cinch. And yet, even when Cinderpaw leapt and grabbed at the mouse, it still wriggled away from her and darted into the brush where it disappeared entirely. Larkpaw blinked slowly, watching the display, before he approached.

“It looked like you let it get away,” he replied bluntly. “Once you have it, you just need to bite. If you wait, you just give it the chance to get away. Haven’t you been taught that?” He shook his head. “Try again, and find another mouse. Just go with your instincts. Stop thinking so much.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c]   i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c] EmptyTue Oct 03, 2023 4:47 pm

Cinderpaw, RiverClan

Cinderpaw's ear flicked as Larkpaw spoke. She knew this. Follow instincts, don't think. She knew that. Her eyes passed over him drearily for a moment as she cornered her own thoughts, that dull feeling from before sliding to her paws. With a sigh, she shook them out and nodded her head.

"Okay," She said, and with the best faux smile she could, offered him one before turning around to follow her nose again.

Maybe it was because she was being watched, she decided. Maybe she got uncomfortable with an audience. She settled with that, because no matter how much she tried to ignore it she could feel him watching her. He was helping her, she told herself over and over, but it still made her pelt stand on end.

Thus, the wind carried to her another smell. Same as before, undergrowth and damp, but with some other scent to it that set it apart from the first mouse. This mouse had to be stupid-- Did it not hear her trying to hunt the other?

Nevertheless, she settled into the same stance as before. Low and level with the ground, eyes focused, ears forward and tail still. She took a breath and tried to quieten her thoughts. 'I'm sorry if I mess this up again,' She thought, whether directed at her mentor that tried so hard or the company that watched her failures, and struck.

Cinderpaw attempts again to catch a mouse... And succeeds!

Her paw hit it, clutched it, and she bit down quickly. One after another, after another. No thinking. Yet, even as she succeeded, her happiness took a moment to take root. It still looked so lifelike. StarClan sent this mouse to feed them, she told herself, and as she clutched it in her jaws and began to make her way back to where Larkpaw was, the glee finally overcame that dullness that she shook out with every step.

"I did it!" She purred out around the rough yet silken fur of the rodent. She trotted over to him and lay it by his paws, a wide smile on her face that served to brighten the dullness. "Did I do it okay? I did what you said-- Don't think about it-- and it worked."

(i dont know if it counts, but seeing as we started this topic in the season prior i thought it might make sense to stick with the dice rolls from that season)

"sed non obligant."

Last edited by moonazyne on Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c]   i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c] EmptyTue Oct 03, 2023 4:47 pm

The member 'moonazyne' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c]   i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c] EmptyWed Oct 04, 2023 5:52 pm

Larkpaw

Larkpaw watched Cinderpaw closely. He kept a fair distance away to not disrupt her hunt, and kept absolutely silent. He watched the mouse and waited with his breath held as he watched Cinderpaw leap. When he saw that she caught it—and managed to kill it this time—he leapt up to his paws.

“That was good!” Larkpaw said with a tone that even sounded genuinely excited. “I knew you had proper hunter instincts in you. When you turned your brain off for a minute, you did just great.” He nodded approvingly. There was an odd feeling in his chest he couldn’t identify. Pride, somehow? Comradery, maybe? It was foreign, and strange, but it felt nice. It felt good seeing Cinderpaw look so happy.

“As I said, you just think too much sometimes. You will get better with time,” Larkpaw continued. “Just like that, you have made your first successful catch. You should hold onto that feeling.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c]   i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c] EmptyThu Oct 05, 2023 3:47 pm

Cinderpaw, RiverClan

His tone was contagious, and she found it hard to quieten the purr that rumbled from her throat at the praise. He seemed genuinely pleased with her-- excited for her-- and that made her feel even better about it.

"You're a good teacher," She hummed, her tail high and front paws gradually beginning to tap up and down on the ground. One paw, then the other. Slight little movements but she needed to move some part of her body or she felt like the pride in herself, and passed on joy from Larkpaw, would cause her to melt. "I couldn't have done it without you-- It's like you were able to read my mind. You knew what the problem was... and bam! Fixed."

Part of her wanted to nudge her snout against his shoulder roughly in thanks. Another part of her knew that he probably wouldn't like that very much. When she had done it to Perchstar, she felt the leaders body tense. She assumed it would be the same here, so instead, she leaned her head forward and purred out; "Thank you!"  

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c]   i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c] EmptyWed Oct 18, 2023 7:27 pm

Larkpaw

Larkpaw felt a heat bloom under his pelt as Cinderpaw spoke excitedly about how he was able to help. He…has never been helpful before. It was odd, being told that he was—but it was a good odd. A nice odd. A rare smile wormed its way onto his face and his pupils expanded with equal excitement.

“Well it is as to be expected. I said I would teach you, and so I have,” he agreed with a nod. “And the more you practice, the better you will become. You have the makings of a warrior in you after all; you just needed the right teacher.” His paws tingled, but he restrained himself from tapping them like Cinderpaw did; not because he thought she would make fun of him, but because such outward expressions of excitement was so strange to him. He continued, “Do you want to keep hunting? I’m sure we can find even more to bring back.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c]   i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c] EmptySun Oct 22, 2023 9:02 pm

cinderpaw--
"Of course!" Her eager agreement bubbled out from her mouth before she could even think about what she was saying. She was enjoying herself too much, unburdened from the calculating stare of Perchstar evaluating her progress and the awkwardness of trying to keep up with an unfamiliar, experienced patrol. Larkpaw could be stern, true, and she had that sort of pressure keeping her focused on trying her hardest-- But he was helpful, and encouraging. She didn't feel nervous about failing; he would just tell her if she had made the error by her own stupidity, or just something that needed to be tweaked. And, it was working.

"You go next," She hummed, inclining her head into the deeper folds of the copse. "I can still smell prey on the wind but... I just hope we do not end up scaring most of them back into their dens and nests. At least they will be cozy, but then we will be hungry..."

Her eyes fell over him again for a moment, and then drifted slowly back to the treeline. She hadn't yet tried to hunt a bird. She had heard the technique every so often, but she didn't know if she could do it in practice. Her tippy-taps slowed for a second, and with a nervous yet comfortable voice, asked; "Perhaps you could give me pointers on birds..? I will probably be a lot worse at it than mice. I haven't caught any before, but ThunderClanners make it out to be so simple. Is it that easy? Or is there a trick?"

be still my soul, i would need to sacrifice myself to save you —— info.
☾ moonazyne

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c]   i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

i'm not a good person (not even to you) [c]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next