Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

follow me [closed training]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6045

follow me [closed training] Empty
PostSubject: follow me [closed training]   follow me [closed training] EmptyFri 28 Jul 2023 - 12:33

The Great Ridge was pretty. It was one of Lightningbreeze's favorite places in all of SkyClan's territory (which was saying something: she loved just about every place quite a bit), and so it was the first place her paws led her with her first apprentice. "Look at that, Sorrelpaw," she gestured with her tail out over the ridge. A world far more vast than the forest stretched out into the distance, with the view of the Twolegplace below just slightly closer than the rest of the expanse. "The forest is huge. It has to be, for all of us to live here. But out there, there's even more places, with even more cats that live outside the Clans."

Occasionally she let herself wonder about them, where the parents she was born to might have come from, but with no actual experience with the outside world and so much love for SkyClan she was always quick to brush it off. Much like she was quick to brush off the flies and other such bugs that seemed to think her fur was a particularly good resting space. She was enjoying the greenleaf weather, but she could live without the bugs that tended to bite. The shiny ones, or the ones with pretty wings, or the ones with bright colors; all of those were fine. But they were also far less likely to land on her.

Butterflies and fireflies were allowed to land on her nose. Anything else would be swatted away with extreme prejudice (which had resulted in smacking her own face with her paw more than once, even just today).

Swatting at her nose with one paw, she almost lost her balance and startled; glancing back at the apprentice. "You-- didn't see that, did you?" She shrugged it off quickly, though. "Okay! Where do you want to start? Hunting, fighting, learning more about the forest and the territory? Or maybe tree climbing? Or... Two of those?"

Seriously, why had Wolfblossom made her a mentor? Stoatclaw's distant approach had served her well, but she didn't want to give that to her own apprentice; which meant she had less than no idea what she was doing. She made a note to beg Creamsky and Rainfrost for advice, but it wasn't like she could skip out of training to do so now. She had to get through this session on her own.

we're only at the beginning of this one-way dream —— info.
✿ kiikko

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Moth

Moth

Characters : Mothpaw | Sorrelpaw | Nettlepaw
Clan/Rank : RC Apprentice | SkC Apprentice | TC Apprentice
Aquarius Cat
Number of posts : 151

PostSubject: Re: follow me [closed training]   follow me [closed training] EmptySun 3 Sep 2023 - 12:58

Sorrelpaw

skyclan
apprentice

There was nowhere she had desperately wanted to explore more than SkyClan’s territory. Dreams that had kept her awake in the nursery, of how many trees there were to climb, what creature she would catch first. If the territory really looked how she had always imagined it. Now she was finally allowed to do so, slowly learning the territory with her mentor. Her original feelings had faded, excited to learn. Lightningbreeze guided her to the Great Ridge, set amongst trees and rocks. She followed where her mentor’s tail gestured, glancing out to the unfamiliar world she spoke of. For so long, the extent of her world had been the border of camp; now, she was learning where new boundaries were.

“It’s beautiful…Outside of the Clans— like kittypets and loners?” She asked as she glanced out to the Twolegplace, struggling to imagine another life. She had believed SkyClan to be large, thriving in a large territory; but how far did the land outside of their borders stretch. Were they small in comparison? “Have you ever met those cats?”

The world she knew was beautiful; the territory as dreamlike as she had hoped, though she couldn’t help but consider how beautiful it may be on the other side of their border. A new adventure was calling her name, eyeing the Twolegplace for a moment before her attention was brought back to her mentor, catching the end of Lightningbreeze swatting at a bug on her nose. She let out air from her nose before shifting her paws at the questions,

“It’s so hard to choose, I want to know everything I possibly can!” The apprentice beamed, “what do you like the most? Maybe we could start with that! I’ve always liked the trees and” Sorrelpaw figured she would learn it all, eventually; and her mentor seemed to need confidence, so she hoped it would help her to teach something she enjoyed.

Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6045

PostSubject: Re: follow me [closed training]   follow me [closed training] EmptyTue 5 Sep 2023 - 18:30

"Not that I can remember, really," Lightningbreeze shrugged. "I keep an eye out around the borders, but we don't get a lot of visitors most of the time. But sometimes I like to imagine that really, really far away there might be other Clans we've never met. There's probably other groups of cats, if nothing else--they can't all be loners!"

As Sorrelpaw mentioned doing her favorite thing, she grinned. That she could do; at least a demonstration. "My favorite thing to do? That'd be maneuvering in the trees! I consider it to be the absolute basics. Most folks would probably say climbing's the most important part, but once you're up here you've gotta learn how to move. Just try to do what I do. But, uh, maybe a little slower--you don't want to let yourself slip, and I've had lots of practice."

The warrior swiftly moved into the lower branches of a nearby tree, waving her tail playfully. "I started when I was real small, and I spent most of my apprenticeship up here for my own safety, so I'd like to think I'm pretty good at it. You'll find something you're good at, promise! It might be this, or hunting, or fighting. We'll try a bit of everything before we're done, and then we can narrow down what you wanna focus on! For now, just try and meet me up here, 'kay?"

we're only at the beginning of this one-way dream —— info.
✿ kiikko

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Moth

Moth

Characters : Mothpaw | Sorrelpaw | Nettlepaw
Clan/Rank : RC Apprentice | SkC Apprentice | TC Apprentice
Aquarius Cat
Number of posts : 151

PostSubject: Re: follow me [closed training]   follow me [closed training] EmptyWed 4 Oct 2023 - 0:34

Sorrelpaw

skyclan
apprentice

Lightningbreeze raised a point, one she had never considered. There had to be other cats with systems, surely? SkyClan is the best of them all, though, Sorrelpaw thought smugly.

“I wonder if we’ll ever meet any cats like that! They won’t be as cool as us, obviously, but it would be cool to meet cats from far away. I wonder what they’d smell like…”

Her thoughts were short lived as her mentor grinned; it seemed she had mentioned something Lightningbreeze was fond of. She glanced up at the tree, watching as the cat effortlessly ascended.

“You’re like a squirrel! I hope I’m good at something, even if it’s not climbing. It all sounds like so much fun.”

How…How do I get up there?

Sorrelpaw inhaled a sharp breath and stood on her hind legs, wrapping her front paws around a branch. She unsheathed her claws and pulled herself up with a huff, glancing down to the grass barely a tails distance beneath her.

“I’m climbing!” She announced excitedly, despite having only made it a few paws up the tree. Sorrelpaw’s excitement quickly faded as she realised she would have to climb a few more branches to meet Lightningbreeze; the apprentice jumped up another branch, sinking her claws into the wood as she felt one of her back legs threaten to slip. Hah, I didn’t fall. Sorrelpaw slowly made her way up until she was beneath Lightningbreeze, staring up at her mentor, “did you see that! I’m up the tree. Not as well as you but maybe one day!”

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: follow me [closed training]   follow me [closed training] Empty

Back to top Go down

follow me [closed training]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Territory :: The Great Ridge-
Jump to: