Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Razzmatazz [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cotton
Former Staff
Former Staff
cotton

Characters : [S]mallstar [A]stershine [J]ayfrost [F]allowpaw ----- DECEASED: Robinloft Clementine Elsa, Morningpaw,
Libra Dog
Number of posts : 2016

Razzmatazz [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Razzmatazz [closed]   Razzmatazz [closed] EmptySun Jun 18, 2023 12:48 pm

The day was warm, a soft breeze ruffling Jayfrosts pale fur as he lounged in the Greenleaf sun. It was a perfect balance, a fantastic combination for optimal comfort. However, there was something bothering the young warrior as he sat, absentmindedly flicking his tail in the sun's rays. For the first time in over a moon, he found himself bored. Smallbean had sent him out on two patrols so far that day, and now the tom had nothing to do. It was sunhigh, and camp was nearly empty. Of course, there was always something to do. But did he really want to do work right now? No.

Most of camp was empty, so most warriors were likely out patrolling. There was one cat Jayfrost had seen earlier, although he hadn't seen where he'd went. One of the only cats he was interested in talking to currently. Slowly rising to his paws, he stretched his legs out in front of him and padded towards a place he often saw Tigerdance frequent - the elder den.

Peeking his head inside, his eyes rested upon two cats, the same two who'd been there like, his whole life. Whisperear and Brackenwing, although one seemed to be asleep. The striped one was awake, though. "Hey have you seen Tigerdance around? He likes to come in here... for whatever reason." He grumbled, tone even. Jayfrost knew little about Brackenwing, he didn't really know why Tigerdance liked the elders. It wasn't his business, he supposed.

∞ Former Windclan Leader ∞ || Former Site Adminsitrator

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://kiz-mett.carrd.co/
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw, [H]oneykit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Unborn Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5709

PostSubject: Re: Razzmatazz [closed]   Razzmatazz [closed] EmptySun Jun 18, 2023 7:39 pm

Brackenwing glanced up as a warrior entered the den, green eyes settling on Jayfrost. It was rare the tom came this way, and Brackenwing hadn't gone out of her way to interact with him, preferring to keep to herself for the most part. Whisperear was asleep in their nest, and Brackenwing twitched an ear as Jayfrost spoke. Looking for Tigerdance, it seemed, though the way he spoke almost immediately bothered her. Just a little. 'For some reason' cats visited the elder's den. The only time Jayfrost did was if he had no choice, she knew. Tigerdance meanwhile visited the den regularly, and the younger warrior had become like her own son since she had met him while he was still an apprentice.

"This might be a strange concept considering your father is Shrikestar, but Tigerdance cares for his clanmates." Brackenwing eyed the younger warrior, "He was here earlier, I believe he's on a hunting patrol now."

Brackenwing WC T5 Elder [65 / 130 *] #702fd8
Wolfstar SkC T5 Leader [80 / 170] #a0c8e6
Swandive RC T3 Warrior [50 / 120] #0881ab
Briarpaw SC Apprentice [20 / 60] #867b6b
Honeykit SkC Kit [10 / 30] #ff4732
Cloudkit [Bonus] WC Kit [10 / 30] #a45ee9
Stoneheart [Perma NPC] SkC T5 Warrior [70 / 160] #616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
cotton
Former Staff
Former Staff
cotton

Characters : [S]mallstar [A]stershine [J]ayfrost [F]allowpaw ----- DECEASED: Robinloft Clementine Elsa, Morningpaw,
Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: Razzmatazz [closed]   Razzmatazz [closed] EmptyMon Jun 19, 2023 10:39 pm

"What are you trying to say?" He questioned. stepping into the den. "I care about cats who are important to me. Perhaps you shouldn't assume how I am based on who my father is." The elder's comment irritated him, shown only with a flick of his tail and a slight narrowing of his eyes. The elder's den was a place he frequented often only in his apprenticehood, and not by choice. Warriors always sent him there. For 'respect', they'd say. The elders would teach him something. If the elders had ever said anything that wasn't just dull conversation with each other, he hadn't been listening. "The elder's den isn't necessarily a place I would consider fun. Every time I came in here, it wasn't for fun. It was to pull fleas from your pelts." The scent of mouse bile was still faint here, very faint, but he could smell it. Maybe he was imagining it.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw, [H]oneykit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Unborn Kit
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Razzmatazz [closed]   Razzmatazz [closed] EmptyTue Jun 20, 2023 3:32 pm

"The entire clan should be important to you. And to him. Not just those you call family. The clans couldn't exist as they are otherwise. Unless you'd rather us be no better than a pack of rogues." Brackenwing's tail twitched, "We provided for and defended the clans for seasons before you, without complaint because that is how the clan survives. Are you this dismissive of queens who are nursing kits that cannot hunt for themselves? What about the injured that go through Batsong's den? Are they not important to you?" Hadn't one of his siblings been cooped up in Batsong's den with illness for a long time now?

Great Starclan, Sshrikestar and Coyotegrin had failed. They had failed as parents, they had failed as leader and senior warrior, if this was how Windclan's youth saw things. Tigerdane and Sootstorm seemed among the few around that age selfless enough to care for others, perhaps Ferntwist too. And she was sure that at least Batsong would be appalled by the way the tom in front of her spoke. But Batsong, for all her mistakes, had always busted her tail to care for others. Even when it seemed futile. That dedication was what made her a good medicine cat, even if her drive to do right got the clan into trouble. "Oh, the elder's den isn't fun for you?" Her lips twisted into a sneer, "Do you think we are spending our time here by choice, Jayfrost? Do you think being forced into retirement when we are both younger than your parents, younger than Smallbean or even Batsong, is fun for us?" She asked him, tone sharp as her green eyes remained narrowed on the tom. "Do you think Batsong finds it fun to take care of the sick and wounded? Have you heard her complain about doing so, or seen her avoid the responsibility? No? Oh right, because she - like Tigerdance, like Sootstorm - cares for more than just herself."

"Tell me, kit... Not that I expect you to make it this far, when you are old, or injured to the point of needing to stay in this den, who do you think will want to put up with someone who couldn't be bothered to do so for any of their clanmates?"

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
cotton
Former Staff
Former Staff
cotton

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: Razzmatazz [closed]   Razzmatazz [closed] EmptyFri Jun 23, 2023 3:25 am

"You don't know who's important to me. And it's not like it's your business, anyways. Maybe don't accuse me of being selfish, acting like you know who I care about and what my motives are. You don't know me." He said, fur bristling. "Do you see me running to the nursery to hang out with the queens? I hunt for you, I guard borders for you. I do my job. I do what's asked of me. I don't owe you anything else." The warrior's tail lashed as he stood in the elder den's entrance. His icy gaze met Brackenwing's, unwavering even as her tone shifted.

"Why do you expect me to return to a place that I've only ever had to visit as punishment? I never once said that you chose to be here, so stop projecting your personal problems onto me. It's not my fault that you're here, so don't act like it." Brackenwing claimed that she retired prematurely, but she certainly acted like a bitter, old elder. "I step in here to ask you a simple question and you act like I'm the monster that caused your retirement. What makes you any better than what you described to me? I serve this clan, just as you did. I hunt. I guard the borders. I fight on your behalf." 'kit'. The word put a bad taste in his mouth. Jayfrost had proven himself. Despite his limp, he became a warrior. He fended off trespassers. It seemed that Brackenwing would be unhappy with him either way. It didn't matter what she thought, though. It's not like she knew him.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Razzmatazz [closed]   Razzmatazz [closed] EmptyFri Jun 23, 2023 3:22 pm

"You're right, I don't know you. Not fully. But I've seen enough of you over the moons to know that you are selfish." Brackenwing growled at the tom, "You are spoiled and act like a kit when you don't get your way or someone disagrees. You do what's asked of you while complaining the entire time and making everyone around you miserable." Like right now. "You came in here to ask about Tigerdance, yes. And to beech and moan about why he'd ever visit the elder's den. Try doing the same to one of the queens in the nursery, or to Batsong. They wouldn't appreciate it, either."

"Like you're the monster that put me here?" Brackenwing laughed. She hadn't meant to, but that was rich. "Swallow that stubborn pride of yours, kitten. Nobody in this clan has done a thing to earn the right to that, least of all you." She growled, "If your precious ego can handle leaving, I suggest you do so. You wanted to find Tigerdance, right? Why are you wasting time here, then?"

Back to top Go down
cotton
Former Staff
Former Staff
cotton

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: Razzmatazz [closed]   Razzmatazz [closed] EmptyThu Jun 29, 2023 4:41 am

As the elder went on, Jayfrost found himself paying less attnetion to her words. Whatever sharp jabs she attempted to drive into him became nothing but fuzz until he brought himself back, half-lidded gaze remaining as he caught the tail-end of whatever she so desperately felt the need to say. Something about how awful he was, because apparently he sucks or something, and doesn't do his job. Gaze narrowed, he rolled his eyes at the elder. What was her goal? "Yes, Brackenwing. I will leave, and dutifully hunt with you in mind. I'll be sure to bring you back the juiciest rabbit I can find, dear Brackenwing, and deliver it to you personally. Thank you so much for opening my mind by insulting me so." He sneered. "Maybe warriors don't want to take care of you because you're just an old pain in the tail." Tail lashing, he turned around, giving Brackenwing one last icy look.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Razzmatazz [closed]   Razzmatazz [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Razzmatazz [closed]
Page 1 of 1