Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Talk Over an Evening Meal [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Amber

Amber

Characters : Amberpaw || Sloekit || Flickerfoot
Clan/Rank : TC apprentice || SC Unborn || RC NPC Elder
Leo Horse
Number of posts : 188

A Talk Over an Evening Meal [C] Empty
PostSubject: A Talk Over an Evening Meal [C]   A Talk Over an Evening Meal [C] EmptyMon 12 Jun 2023 - 13:13

Evening had fallen upon the sandy ravine of Thunderclan's camp. The day's birdsongs had begun fading into a low roar of insects, and the temperature slightly dropped as the sun neared the horizon. Amberpaw entered into camp around this time, mouth full of prey he had caught during training with Briarrose. The weary tom padded over to the freshkill pile and dropped the newest pieces of food on top. However, it was fairly late in the day for additions to the small pile, as most everyone had eaten already. Amberpaw was given the okay to take some food for himself, so he grabbed a juicy squirrel from the bottom of the pile and made his way to a nice spot nearby to enjoy his meal. Fighting the social anxiety which fluttered in his chest, he sat down by a brownish white tom whom he recognized as Thrushnose and asked, "mind if I join you?"

Last edited by Sloe (Amber) on Wed 14 Jun 2023 - 8:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1477

PostSubject: Re: A Talk Over an Evening Meal [C]   A Talk Over an Evening Meal [C] EmptyTue 13 Jun 2023 - 18:30

thrushnose

Thrushnose was busy grooming himself as the sun began to dip, his tongue taking extra care of any knots left tangled in his rich coat of fur he'd worked hard to maintain. He had gone out hunting earlier to gather some last prey for the clan, and while he had been able to bring quite the amount back—he was still left mildly disappointed by a missed catch of a thrush. Ironically enough, he'd gathered a feather or two left laying by his paws, unsure what to do with them except to serve as decoration for the dens.

It wasn't until Amberpaw approached him that the tom lifted his head, ears perking in attention. "Ah, not at all. Go ahead." He shook his head, gesturing toward the empty spot beside him with a warm smile. He took notice of the squirrel between the apprentice's paws and tilted his head. "You're eating a bit late. Seems like you've gathered quite a bountiful hunt though, hm?"

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart
Back to top Go down
Amber

Amber

Leo Horse

PostSubject: Re: A Talk Over an Evening Meal [C]   A Talk Over an Evening Meal [C] EmptyWed 14 Jun 2023 - 8:05

Amberpaw nodded his big, fluffy head in thanks to the warrior and dove into his meal. At Thrushnose's comment, Amberpaw paused and smiled politely. "Yes, Briarrose and I were practicing hunting today. I stayed after our training lesson to practice some more, but lost track of time. I think I really enjoy hunting." What Amberpaw really enjoyed about hunting was the quietness. It was oddly peaceful...stalking silently through the underbrush, ears alert to the sounds of the forest, mouth drinking in the sweet, earthy notes of the world around him. And then, there was the thrill of picking up a prey's scent, the challenge of tracking down the creature, and the pressure of pouncing at just the right moment. Nothing beat the accomplishment of finally capturing the hunted prey.

Amberpaw's gaze of molten fire fell onto the objects at Thrushnose's paws. Bird feathers, the apprentice thought. His mind leapt to his beloved Birdclan and his friends therein. But, what was Thrushnose doing with the feathers? There were far too little to have been the remains of a meal. "Nice feathers you got there," Amberpaw commented. "You like birds?" The question felt silly, but it was something to potentially bond over. Anything to prevent a bout of awkward silence - the bane of Amberpaw's existence.

A Talk Over an Evening Meal [C] Untitled52_20230627104325c

Art by LittleKitten ♡  
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A Talk Over an Evening Meal [C]   A Talk Over an Evening Meal [C] EmptyFri 16 Jun 2023 - 3:02

thrushnose

"That's good to hear. Our clan needs many talented hunters to improve growth—as much as possible without wasting forest prey, of course." Thrushnose nodded in approval, allowing a soft purr to escape his lips as he finished speaking. The joy of hunting also came to him early in his apprenticeship, and he was glad to have found a cat that related the same, even if it might've been for different reasons.

His gaze fell to the thrush feathers beneath his paws, lifting them to allow Amberpaw a better look at their reflective shine under the evening light. He was not an avid birdwatcher or anything of the sort, though he did enjoy them as an occasional meal and species on their own. "Hm. I suppose you could say so. Birds are quite interesting creatures themselves." He smiled, gently nudging the feathers over to the apprentice's side, remaining careful enough so that he wouldn't have accidentally dusted them over with dirt. "A failed hunt, unfortunately. I only managed to strike at the bird's feathers. You can keep them if you want, however. I'd be more than willing to give it to you as a gift of some sort."

Back to top Go down
Amber

Amber

Leo Horse

PostSubject: Re: A Talk Over an Evening Meal [C]   A Talk Over an Evening Meal [C] EmptySat 17 Jun 2023 - 8:35

Thrushnose's words seemed to satisfy Amberpaw. How have we not spoken before? the young apprentice thought. "You speak wise words, Thrushnose," Amberpaw purred in approval.

The amber Maine coon watched the warrior's careful movements as he pushed the feathers toward him. The dark chocolate feathers glistened in the dying light. Feathers - the bird's crowning attribute, it's key the sky. The bird's life depends on such delicate tools. It was funny how such a fragile thing, when grouped with many of its kind, could aid in something as astonishing as flight. This is why we live in clans, Amberpaw realized. Alone, each cat is a single feather, prone to destruction, easily trampled underfoot. But, together we are protected, together we live and thrive - together we soar. How could he possibly express these thoughts to Thrushnose? Amberpaw couldn't find the right words.

"Thrushnose...these feathers, they are beautiful. They mean so much..." Say it, Amberpaw. Say what you were thinking. The tom cleared his throat, nervous to express his inmost feelings. "...like a bird needs its feathers, Thunderclan needs its clan members. Alone, we fall to the ground. Together, we aid in the most harmonious existence - we take this clan off the ground, we fly high above the clouds." Well, that wasn't exactly what he had thought. That just sounds stupid. He nodded a thank-you to the older tom and pulled the feathers close to his side with a cream-colored paw.

Art by LittleKitten ♡  
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A Talk Over an Evening Meal [C]   A Talk Over an Evening Meal [C] EmptySat 17 Jun 2023 - 21:03

thrushnose

"Thank you. It's only a conclusion, myself, though I'm glad you've found some enjoyment in it." Thrushnose nodded at Amberpaw's words, letting out a soft purr of his own. It was simple, truly, what he had said—but if the apprentice found approval in it, he would be more than glad to offer more.

He found himself interested in the words Amberpaw have spoken. Perhaps a bit too poetic, for some, though the warriors' curiosity had been piqued. They would certainly stir some thoughts, that was for sure. Not to mention how true they applied in the current conflicts of Thunderclan; cats were amiss of their usual, coordinating spirits and determination to bring the clan back together as one. He couldn't blame them, knowing the betrayal and doubt they must've felt. From Mottlestar's bewildering secrets exposed by a clan not their own to Starlingflare's murder at the paws of their ex-deputy, things were on the brink of breakdown. It was a wonder how everyone kept up on their own, even him. Perhaps it was Thrushnose's mentality that made him slightly more stable than most.

As if seeing through the younger tom's thoughts, he chuckled, "Don't doubt yourself, Amberpaw. You certainly speak wise words, yourself." Thrushnose offered him a warm smile, feeling strangely reminiscing as he thought back to the conversation he had with Nightdancer. It went somewhat similar to this one. No wonder why this feeling is so familiar.

"You speak very poetically, but true. I can trust you understand how everyone's feeling at the current moment. Apart as individuals, we are lost; confused by our own paths on where to head. Though, like you've said '...like a bird needs its feathers, Thunderclan needs its clan members. Alone, we fall to the ground. Together, we aid in the most harmonious existence - we take this clan off the ground, we fly high above the clouds.' we rise together as a clan. That is what Thunderclan honors, do we not? Strength, loyalty, faith, and love; it is what binds us together."

He'd gone on a bit of a rant of his own, though he was mostly just repeating Amberpaw's words, and interpreting them through his own. Stretching, he rose to his paws with a faint hum, "I enjoyed our conversation. You're free to approach me anytime if you need company, or advice, Amberpaw. In case your mentor had not already given you some." He laughed heartily, patting Amberpaw's back with a gentle brush of his tail. "You should finish the squirrel and get some rest soon. Apprentices need a lot of rest for their training."

Back to top Go down
Amber

Amber

Leo Horse

PostSubject: Re: A Talk Over an Evening Meal [C]   A Talk Over an Evening Meal [C] EmptySun 18 Jun 2023 - 18:12

Amberpaw blushed humbly at Thrushnose's compliment about his wise words, nodding a thank-you in reply. Then, he listened to the warrior's comments with an agreeing smile. He could see why Shrewpaw, Cedarpaw, and Copperlark had spoken so highly of Thrushnose. As the warrior rose to leave, Amberpaw also rose out of respect.

"Thank you, Thrushnose. I enjoyed our conversation as well and I admire your character...Thunderclan needs more warriors like you." The tom paused, thinking something over in his head. The other Birdclan members had mentioned inviting Thrushnose into the club - he seemed to stand for the ideals that the Birdclanners all shared. Plus, the more the merrier. However, the others had left it up to Amberpaw to act upon the decision. He was, supposedly, First Leader - a silly self-designation rooting back to his kithood. We should honestly vote on who is First Leader, now that we are all a bit older. Literally anyone would make a better First Leader than me. 

"Hey, wait a second. I...I want to ask you something." How was he supposed to put this without sounding childish? "My friends and I - Shrewpaw, Cedarpaw, and Copperlark - we have formed a sort of...group. It started out as a silly game that we played when I was a kit, but it has grown into something much more meaningful than that. Our group is now a pact of sorts. We stand for friendship, compassion, and loyalty - loyalty to each other, but more importantly, loyalty to Thunderclan. Those involved must express these core traits. We offer companionship and accountability, to make sure that everyone is the best cat they can be..." he paused to downplay his next statement. "...We call ourselves Birdclan. Again, this was from a game from my kithood. We keep things light and fun - everyone is a 'leader', so we call each other '-star' sometimes, but that's just an inside joke, with no disrespect intended toward Mottlestar." Amberpaw paused again. You're digressing, Amberstar! Get to the point!

"We all think highly of you, and would like to invite you to Birdclan. You seem to represent everything we stand for. What do you think?" The tom pawed nervously at the ground, awaiting Thrushnose's reaction.

Art by LittleKitten ♡  
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A Talk Over an Evening Meal [C]   A Talk Over an Evening Meal [C] EmptyTue 20 Jun 2023 - 1:59

thrushnose

"You speak too kindly of me, thank you. I'm just being earnest." Thrushnose allowed a burst of warm laughter to escape from his maw, nodding slowly to the compliment he received after their conversation. In no way did he mean to come off as prideful, in the accidental instance to some cats; though he did have a tendency to be modest when receiving compliments. Maybe he just took after Mottlestar. In his eyes, she was still an incredibly noble warrior—because after all, if left behind all the drama caused by misunderstanding, he doubted most cats would still be able to remain so truthful and kind even after such immense, regularly cycled stress. "In any case, I think you'd grow to become a great warrior on your own." He remarked truthfully.

Before he could've turned away, Amberpaw called for him again, and his ears perked in attention. Though it occurred as a bit of a surprise to him at first why the young tom has decided to invite him in, if such a thing was so special to the apprentices, he found no reason as to why not make more acquaintances and have fun during so. After all, he was not unfamiliar with the name 'Birdclan', though the one he was currently in was a bit different than the one made up by the fellow Shrewpaw, Cedarpaw, Copperlark, and Amberpaw. "Believe it or not, I'm in another Birdclan of my own. Though, it's the one Falconmoon, Kestrelchirp, and I started off when we met as apprentices in the Gathering." He chuckled, deciding to leave out their clans for the sake of non-provocation, in case the apprentice thought badly of those in Windclan.

"Hmm... So, in a sense, each of us all is our own leader, despite being in this same 'Birdclan'?" He raised a brow, his curiosity piqued by Amberpaw's explanation. The thought, admittedly, was a bit childish, though positively endearing. They even have their own virtues. If it pushed their spirits to become a leader such as Mottlestar, he had no reason to deny the offer. All the better if he could lead them through their personal experiences growing up, anyway. "I don't see why not." Thrushnose smiled, nodding. "Sure. I'll join Birdclan."

Back to top Go down
Amber

Amber

Leo Horse

PostSubject: Re: A Talk Over an Evening Meal [C]   A Talk Over an Evening Meal [C] EmptyTue 20 Jun 2023 - 8:21

"You speak too kindly of me, thank you. I'm just being earnest." Amberpaw smiled at the modest warrior. He couldn't recall ever meeting someone as humble as Thrushnose. "In any case, I think you'd grow to become a great warrior on your own." Amberpaw's eyes shone with wonder - his day: made. Does he really think so? To hear such a compliment from someone Amberpaw admired meant the world to him. All Amberpaw wanted was to protect and serve Thunderclan to the best of his abilities, which meant becoming an excellent warrior. The shy, appreciative expression on his face spoke loud words of thanks to Thrushnose.

"Believe it or not, I'm in another Birdclan of my own. Though, it's the one Falconmoon, Kestrelchirp, and I started off when we met as apprentices in the Gathering." A small, amused laugh rumbled out of Amberpaw's pale colored maw. Another birdclan? What a coincidence. What were the odds of that?

"Yes...erm...we are all leaders." He didn't know how to explain it to the warrior, so Amberpaw let it be. And then, Thrushnose accepted the proposal. The amber-and-red-swirled tom let a wide grin overcome his usually reserved face. "Well then, it's settled. Welcome to Birdclan, Thrushstar." The name rolled easily off Amberpaw's lips. He'd make a great actual leader of Thunderclan, Amberpaw thought suddenly.

His mission of inviting Thrushnose into Birdclan had been accomplished. The familiar burst of satisfaction at completing a challenge warmed Amberpaw's chest.

Art by LittleKitten ♡  
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Talk Over an Evening Meal [C]   A Talk Over an Evening Meal [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Talk Over an Evening Meal [C]
Page 1 of 1