Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Spow [open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cotton
Former Staff
Former Staff
cotton

Characters : [S]mallstar [A]stershine [J]ayfrost [F]allowpaw ----- DECEASED: Robinloft Clementine Elsa, Morningpaw,
Libra Dog
Number of posts : 2016

Spow [open] Empty
PostSubject: Spow [open]   Spow [open] EmptyThu 25 May 2023 - 18:16

The sound of crickets chirping kept Smallbean at ease as he padded back into camp, dragging a large wad of moss behind him - the last of the moss needed to finish changing his nest. The sun was nearly set and most cats had returned to camp, many of them settling down to eat and share tongues for the night. As peaceful as it seemed, it was tense, at least to Smallbean. Perhaps he was imagining it, but he couldn't help but worry every cat hated him since the gathering. It stressed him out just thinking about it.

Pulling the rest of the moss into his nest, he tucked the sheet into place until it was just right, pressing down weight in some places to diminish any lumps. After a moment of fidgeting with the moss, he figured that it was as good as it would get, and that he'd resolve any uncomfortable ridges when he laid down later.

Cautiously padding out into camp, he silently went over his duties and made sure that they were completed before he approached the fresh-kill pile. There was quite a selection, something he was still getting used to since leafbare. Plucking a small rabbit from the top, he looked around to check if the spot where he normally sat was taken.

∞ Former Windclan Leader ∞ || Former Site Adminsitrator

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://kiz-mett.carrd.co/
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living:[J]uniperpaw, [Q]uillsplash, [L]eopardkit, [C]reamkit | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan Apprentice [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior [L]WindClan Kit [C]WindClan Kit
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3234

Spow [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spow [open]   Spow [open] EmptyThu 25 May 2023 - 19:33

Sootstorm headed up to the fresh-kill pile, a rabbit clamped in his jaws. As he dropped his catch at the pile and nosed around for something for him to eat, he spotted Littlebean. The newly-named warrior perked up instantly. "Hello, Littlebean! Do you want to eat with me? I don't think I've shared a meal with you before," He asked politely, though his eyes betrayed his excitement. He was trying his best to earn his name, and getting to know his clanmates, deputy included, is a major part of it.

Quillsplash | Bird / Tom / ShadowClan T4 Warrior / #802318
Juniperpaw / She-Cat / ShadowClan Apprentice / #B9ABB2
Leopardkit / Tom / WindClan Kit / #cc9900
Creamkit / She-Cat / WindClan Kit / #ff6600

Art Requests | Character Profiles
Back to top Go down
cotton
Former Staff
Former Staff
cotton

Characters : [S]mallstar [A]stershine [J]ayfrost [F]allowpaw ----- DECEASED: Robinloft Clementine Elsa, Morningpaw,
Libra Dog

Spow [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spow [open]   Spow [open] EmptySat 27 May 2023 - 19:03

Smallbean's gaze lightened as he looked up to meet Sootstorm. "Uhh, yeah... Sure." The warrior's enthusiasm was a jarring contrast to the camp's current mood, but he welcomed it. Sootstorm's incorrect mention of his name bothered him, though. It reminded him of a cat he hadn't seen in a while. "It's uh, Smallbean. By the way. Not Littlebean." He muttered through the rabbit's fur. "Where do you want to sit?"

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living:[J]uniperpaw, [Q]uillsplash, [L]eopardkit, [C]reamkit | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan Apprentice [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior [L]WindClan Kit [C]WindClan Kit
Taurus Tiger

Spow [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spow [open]   Spow [open] EmptySat 27 May 2023 - 21:51

"O-oh, sorry about that," Sootstorm said, his pelt burning with embarrassment. He did not just call the clan deputy "Littlebean". So much for good impressions. Trying his best to compose himself, Sootstorm shakily nodded at a patch of dirt close to the elder's den. It was right under the shade of a tree, and no cats seemed to be around it. Smallbean wasn't the most popular cat at the moment, so it would be best if they weren't in sight of everyone. "We could sit there?" He suggested meekly.

Back to top Go down
cotton
Former Staff
Former Staff
cotton

Libra Dog

Spow [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spow [open]   Spow [open] EmptyThu 1 Jun 2023 - 15:01

"It's... Alright. Sorry." It seemed Sootstorm wasn't trying to make fun of him after all. Now a vague guilty feeling ate at his belly for automatically assuming. He sighed. "Yeah, that spot seems... good." He hoped his hesitance wasn't obvious, but he knew that Brackenwing wasn't the biggest fan of him right now... and neither was Whisperear, it could be assumed.

Follwoing Sootstorm to the spot anyways, the deputy sat down, thankful for the shade. The recent heat hadn't been kind to him. "So... You've become a warrior recently... right?" Smallbean gently set the rabbit down in front of him. He didn't feel that it was right to start eating before Sootstorm. "Are you uh.." Stars, all that he could think about was what had happened at the gathering, along with its consequences. He was lucky that Sootstorm was even eager to talk to him at all. Better not bring up something that could change that. "I, uh, saw a fox the other day. Might want to look out when you're on patrol." He nervously pawed at the rabbit. "How have you been, Sootstorm?"

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

Spow [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spow [open]   Spow [open] EmptySat 3 Jun 2023 - 20:39

Sootstorm listened patiently as Smallbean stumbled over his words. "I'll look out for the fox. Should I bring a patrol out to drive it out?" He suggested cheerfully, an expecting look on his face. "And yes, I was made a warrior barely a moon ago. I'm doing well, thank you for entrusting Nectarpaw to me," He continued, still bright and comfortable despite the deputy's awkwardness.

"How about you? Most of the older warriors don't seem very fond of you,"
He mewed.

Back to top Go down
cotton
Former Staff
Former Staff
cotton

Libra Dog

Spow [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spow [open]   Spow [open] EmptyTue 13 Jun 2023 - 1:00

For a moment, he thought. He mumbled."No, no... Well... No. I don't think there'll be time." Most of the clan's patrols now were meant to be watch patrols for Shadowclan. There was no extra time, nor the warriors, to send out an additional fox-hunting patrol. Besides, they couldn't afford to lose able-bodied warriors to a fox. "Maybe later, when we don't have so much to deal with, we can try those."

Smallbean looked over and raised his ears at the young warrior's appreciation. "Oh... Of course." He didn't think that warriors really appreciated being made mentors. "You're uh, a good warrior. I think you'll be a good mentor, too."

Then, his joy was snuffed out again. "Yeah... They aren't." He wasn't fond of himself right now. He was thankful that Sootstorm wanted to talk to him. Looking at the warrior before him, he felt melancholy overwhelm him. "I guess, you don't get it yet. I suppose you'll get it when you're older. You're still young, after all." The rabbit lay in front of him, still untouched. "As old as I am, you'd think that I would get it. Better than i currently do." He sighed. He'd never changed, he supposed. He was the same cat that he was years ago, making selfish decisions. "You have a kind heart, Sootstorm. Don't let that keep you from holding anyone accountable. Nice cats can do bad things." Finally, he answered the initial question. "I guess I'm okay. Could always be better, I guess. Not the worst i've been."

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

Spow [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spow [open]   Spow [open] EmptyTue 13 Jun 2023 - 1:21

The deputy suddenly didn't seem so... great. Sootstorm listened to Smallbean in silence, unsure of what to say. To receive such praises, but to be treated like a naive apprentice... he didn't know how to feel. And he had always believed that the deputy and leader were the most capable cats in the clan, if not the entire forest. But now... Smallbean sounded so tired, so weary... not even Brakenwing had sounded like that. Sootstorm rested his tail-tip on the deputy's shoulder.

"If nice cats can do bad things, they can do nice things too, can't they?"
He asked softly. It wasn't a question, more of a plead for reassurance. I don't want to grow up just yet. I don't want to deal with all this.

Back to top Go down
cotton
Former Staff
Former Staff
cotton

Libra Dog

Spow [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spow [open]   Spow [open] EmptySat 17 Jun 2023 - 20:56

The warrior's comforting gesture brought Smallbean little solace, but he appreciated the intent nevertheless. It seemed, Sootspirit really did see the best in every cat. "Yeah. I guess." He sighed. "Just make sure their attitude doesn't blind you. Keep your judgement clear. Make good choices, alright? Don't just follow the crowd." Smallbean didn't really know where this was coming from, he was going on a tangent.

Shifting his paws, he remembered the rabbit when he accidentally nudged it. His appetite had vanished, but he reluctantly bit into the rabbit anyways. It was growing cold, but he wouldn't waste.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spow [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spow [open]   Spow [open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Spow [open]
Page 1 of 1