Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

egretpaw's assessment (c)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6739

egretpaw's assessment (c) Empty
PostSubject: egretpaw's assessment (c)   egretpaw's assessment (c) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 5:37 pm

Perchstar had heard from both Rowansong and Poppyshine that Egretpaw's training was progressing nicely. She didn't want to rush the she-cat, but it would be a great relief to her if some of the older apprentices were ready to gain their warrior names soon. Though RiverClan was not in any immediate danger, it would be more reassuring to have a few more warriors in her ranks. So before Egretpaw went to see the Moonstone, Perchstar had taken her on a one-on-one hunting patrol to assess her skills. It wasn't really a formal assessment, but an informal way to gauge the apprentice's readiness. Egretpaw was one of the kits who had been born in Perchstar's absence, so she didn't know the she-cat well. Perhaps that could be remedied efficiently at the same time as learning more about the completion of her training.

They had made it to Sunningrocks--as good a place as any to judge Egretpaw's fishing. "Go ahead whenever you're ready," Perchstar told the white she-cat.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4950

PostSubject: Re: egretpaw's assessment (c)   egretpaw's assessment (c) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 5:44 pm

Egretpaw couldn't quite decide if it was nerves that roiled in her stomach, a slight fear of disappointing her leader, or even a fear of disappointing and making a fool out of her mentor as she had followed the leader out of camp towards the first place Rowansong had ever shown her. Despite the appearance of Perchstar a small time after she had become an apprentice, Egretpaw still found something about Perchstar... interesting. The way she kept to herself. Part of the alabaster apprentice wondered if she had a hard time silencing the persistent voices of the world much like she did, and it was simply her way of dealing.

"Yes, ma'am." Those thoughts didn't last long as they approached the Sunningrocks, and she took her spot by the edge of the stream. Silver scales caught her attention quickly, for even just the tiny heartbeats that their scales reflected the warm newleaf sun. One that seemed to be treading the water a bit more slowly caught her attention, and the white molly adjusted where she sat so that her shadow wouldn't cast too far into the water so as to scare them away. Already, she had learned how her pelt stuck out rather vibrantly. Not to mention, she had just gotten a foxpelt from her mother, kept at home to as to not sully her chances. So, she waited for it to swim by, a paw just hardly poised and ready to dart into the water...

The scales glittered more vibrantly as she struck, hooking beneath its gill with swift claws and tossing it onto the shoreline. Before it had a chance to flop its way back into the water, she let her claw sink farther in to end its life. She looked towards Perchstar, her ears poised just slightly flattened. Not out of fear, but to filter the sounds of the stream and rippling water that threatened to catch her attention. "If I need to improve my technique at all, please, tell me how." She commented politely, but couldn't help the warmth of pride that rippled gently in her chest. She was ready to hunt more.

Egretpaw attempts to catch a fish! Success! -3SP

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpawMountainkit

Last edited by Kitty on Mon May 08, 2023 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15126

PostSubject: Re: egretpaw's assessment (c)   egretpaw's assessment (c) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 5:44 pm

The member 'Kitty' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 4

egretpaw's assessment (c) Mistpe10
egretpaw's assessment (c) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6739

PostSubject: Re: egretpaw's assessment (c)   egretpaw's assessment (c) EmptyTue May 16, 2023 8:43 pm

Perchstar watched carefully, her tail waving slightly behind her as she paid close attention. As Egretpaw found a seat by the river, the leader positioned herself downstream as a force of habit. Obviously, this was Sunningrocks--the water was shallow and warm, not at all dangerous. But she would always rather be safe than sorry, especially in this particular venue. Today, the sun was gentle, and the river flowed quietly and moderately. All would be well. She forced the brief reminder from her brain and chose to focus entirely on the slight apprentice next to her.

Adjusting her posture to keep her shadow from the water, aiming carefully, eyes tracking each swift movement of the fish; each small change Egretpaw made in her hunting technique, Perchstar made note of. The apprentice's experience was obvious in the intentionality of her movements. And sure enough, with a quick swipe that a slower cat would have missed, a fish was out on the bank. From fish to fresh-kill in mere moments. Egretpaw's claws worked swiftly and efficiently, ending the prey's flopping before it even began. Perchstar met her eyes as she asked a question, and nodded in response. Her light blue eyes glimmered thoughtfully. "No, you are perfectly capable. I believe that Rowansong was right in his assessment of your capabilities." Noticing how low Egretpaw kept her voice, the leader made sure hers was sufficiently quiet to match.

She turned her head at the flash of a wing. Sure enough, a small sparrow had landed on the ground near the rocks, pecking away at some sort of plant or seed. It had yet to notice them. Perchstar's already quiet voice grew more hushed. "The only thing left is to see if you hunt land prey as well as fish. That bird, behind you. Can you catch it?" Whether Egretpaw could catch it or not was not the only thing she would be watching for, however. Even if the bird got away, technique and quick responsiveness were nearly as important as success itself.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4950

PostSubject: Re: egretpaw's assessment (c)   egretpaw's assessment (c) EmptySat May 27, 2023 10:39 am

Pride seemed to burn deeper, much more vibrantly at the praise that was sourced from her leader as she had been able to catch her first quarry of the assessment. However, it seemed her task was not yet over. Naturally, given it was an assessment, it would have been a rather easy conclusion to reach. Simply being able to fish was fantastic when you were a Riverclan cat, however, in the case of some sort of apocalyptic forestscape which rendered a feline outside of their normal territory... being able to adapt and hunt in any situation was just as vital. Not to mention, her memory silently recalled the chance of the river freezing during leaf-bare, which would mean fish were particularly scarce during the season.

Her ear had been on a near-constant twitch from the hopping and chirping of the very bird that Perchstar had mentioned. She gave a nod, allowing her ears and whiskers to tell her in which direction the breeze seemed keen on fluttering by now and then. The gentle tendrils of the air stroked their response, and Egretpaw positioned herself accordingly. Downwind, and to her luck, her shadow was simply cast behind her. She stuck out like a pale patch of snow, unbelonging during this season, and so she had to move to her advantage. Instead of staying in the shadows, she found herself sticking to brighter patches of sun. It was counter-intuitive for most cats, but given her already bright pelt, it made the most sense. She could simply be mistaken for a reflection.

She waited for the creature to be close enough for her to near-ambush. As a Riverclan cat, she had significant power in her hind legs. Not into the air, however. That was a feat saved for Skyclan, perhaps even Thunderclan. No, her greatest chance would be to dart forward and grab it, as if she were pushing off the edge of the river bank to dive forwards. So, the apprentice did just that in the moment the bird had its back fully to her alabaster pelt. She darted forward, and though the bird seemed like it was about to escape her claws, Egretpaw adjusted in the moment. Bringing it to the ground, she once again ended its life just as she had the fish, picking up the creature and bringing it to Perchstar's paws.

"I could have been smoother in my catch, I propelled myself towards it too soon. The rustle of the grass gave me away. Had I gotten a step closer, it would have been a cleaner kill." She critiqued herself harshly. Perhaps it was in an attempt to prove to Perchstar that she knew where her faults rested - or perhaps it was her own internal monologue, criticizing her for not being good enough. Clean enough. Too distracted. "I did learn, however, that it is easier for me to keep to the sun rather than the shadows when I hunt. A pure white pelt sticks out harshly against shaded green. It will regardless, but I have found the prey gets less distracted by my presence if I take advantage of the light." She explained. Her voice still kept quiet, and her ears still twitched with any little rustle. Egretpaw was ready to continue, should Perchstar have deemed it fit.

Egretpaw attempts to catch the bird. Success! -3SP

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpawMountainkit

Last edited by Kitty on Sat May 27, 2023 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15126

PostSubject: Re: egretpaw's assessment (c)   egretpaw's assessment (c) EmptySat May 27, 2023 10:39 am

The member 'Kitty' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5

egretpaw's assessment (c) Mistpe10
egretpaw's assessment (c) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: egretpaw's assessment (c)   egretpaw's assessment (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

egretpaw's assessment (c)
Page 1 of 1