Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

More Are At Risk [open]

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 1864

More Are At Risk [open] Empty
PostSubject: More Are At Risk [open]   More Are At Risk [open] EmptySun 2 Apr 2023 - 11:33

Burdockroot was tired despite a short sleep, but the adrenaline from her mission was driving her. After returning to ShadowClan, she slept for a brief moment before pacing her den relentless, trying to process the information on the tip of her tongue. She had promised not too long ago never to help another clan if she received a prophecy, but the danger was stressed by StarClan and as emotionless as she was, she knew she'd never be able to face the fact that a cat was murdered because she stayed silent. When the realization hit at approximately a few hours after sun high, she had anxiously awoke the Deputy and stressed she needed to go now. Leopardsun was now in tow, with only Burdockroot's near frantic explanation of why they needed to go to Mottlestar now. The medicine cat hardly waited for a yes before she was out of camp. Hopefully, her unusual behavior of this situation would show the Deputy that she wasn't messing around. It was a rare occurrence for her to be so adamant about something. They neared the Thunderpath now, and Burdockroot slowed and rested her paws nearly on it before turning to her partner in omens. "I don't feel like being clawed again, so we can wait for a patrol. It's still early, so hopefully we won't have to wait long..." Anxiously she gazed across the asphalt as a monster buzzed past, buffering her fur.

Ooc: mobile, excuse typos

.: Coyotegrin :: Kestrelchirp :: Quailprowler : Singedfox :.
#9966ff : #cc3300 : #6699ff : #993366 : Bold
WC T5 Warrior : WC T3 Warrior : TC T2 Warrior : SC T1 Warrior (Perma-NPC)
"When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire."

Last edited by Stags on Tue 11 Apr 2023 - 12:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Characters : [SC]Heatherberry| [TC]Vinecrawler | [SKC] Peatkit | [WC] Moosekit | [R] Grub Jr
Clan/Rank : [H]T3 BT MC / T4 MC | [V]T5 Warrior | [GJ] T1 Rogue | [P] Kit | [M] Kit
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 4530

PostSubject: Re: More Are At Risk [open]   More Are At Risk [open] EmptySun 2 Apr 2023 - 11:44

"I wouldn't dare to keep you waiting." A growl sounded as Firefly padded alongside her patrol alongside the Thunderpath, having noticed movement there and acted immediately. She was slightly disappointed to find that both cats hadn't stepped across the border. Though getting into a tussle with ShadowClan's deputy would probably be the last thing she'd ever do. It sure would have been fun, though. "You seem to be waiting on someone."

The mass amount of cats clan hopping these days made her wary of any cat who lingered near the borders.

won't you shake a poor sinners hand?:

More Are At Risk [open] JPzjwJV More Are At Risk [open] JPzNeMg More Are At Risk [open] JGg2mwx More Are At Risk [open] JPzwPEb More Are At Risk [open] JPzwXQn

More Are At Risk [open] JcTsSP1  More Are At Risk [open] JcnAVnI More Are At Risk [open] JaZZNs4
click photos for profiles | sprites by Aspen!
Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Characters : ➀Forestbreeze ➁Brookstone ➂Briarrose
Clan/Rank : ➀Shadowclan T5 ➁Riverclan T5 ➂Thunderclan T4
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 497

PostSubject: Re: More Are At Risk [open]   More Are At Risk [open] EmptySun 2 Apr 2023 - 13:04

˗ˏˋMore Are At Risk [open] 1f339´ˎ˗【Briarrose】˗ˏˋMore Are At Risk [open] 1f339´ˎ˗
∘₊✧──────────✧₊∘
【Thunderclan】♡【#B9D9EB】♡【T4 Warrior ║ 60[HP] | 140[SP]】

Curiosity was the first thing she felt when she laid her eyes on the duo of Shadowclan's medicine cat and deputy steadily making their way across the Thunderpath. Despite not knowing the reason for their arrival, she could make out a sense of urgency. Her ears twitched as Firefly went ahead to intercept the two she-cats. Her sister was a bit hot-headed but Briar was thankful that Fire knew better than to act out unreasonably lest trouble is brewed.

The older molly finally closed the distance, stopping to stand beside Firefly. Her face was carefully blank as she observed the two. "Leopardsun and Burdockroot," she greeted civilly with a respectful dip of her head. "To what do we owe the pleasure of your unexpected visitation?" She tilted her head as she regarded them briefly before glancing at Firefly and then back at the Shadowclanners. "Do you require someone specific to speak with?-" she paused for a moment before quickly adding, "I will assume that whatever you are here for is an urgent matter that you intend to address with Mottlestar but do correct me if I am mistaken."

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
⓵ Forestbreeze of Shadowclan
⓶ Brookstone of Riverclan
⓷ Briarrose of Thunderclan
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6066

PostSubject: Re: More Are At Risk [open]   More Are At Risk [open] EmptySun 2 Apr 2023 - 13:21

Nightdancer trailed just slightly behind Firefly and Briarrose, eyes widening slightly when she recognized the cats she had seen at gatherings as ShadowClan's deputy and medicine cat. Briarrose addressed them by name, and she committed them to memory- it wouldn't do her any good to forget what could be important information. She herself remained silent, tail flicking to Briarrose to indicate that the other warrior had already spoken her own thoughts.

Leopardsun sighed, but she was grateful that Burdockroot had at least decided to wait for a ThunderClan patrol. There was no need to stir up any extra conflict. Though, just as last time, she had no clue precisely what the medicine cat had to say- only that she had insisted on visiting ThunderClan for something.

She was spared from having to respond directly when a patrol of ThunderClan warriors approached. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance," the deputy replied, dipping her head in return. "We were waiting here for a patrol, as we have no desire to trespass on another Clan's land." As for the matter that had brought them here, she turned her head to the medicine cat- it was her turn to answer. "Burdockroot?"

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1

Last edited by Holly on Tue 11 Apr 2023 - 20:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: More Are At Risk [open]   More Are At Risk [open] EmptySun 2 Apr 2023 - 13:30

As she waited for approval from the ThunderClan cats to cross, she toed the pavement ready to run across and to Mottlestar. She was truly anxious. But she didn't want Leopardsun to get mad at her again. Her relationship with Nightstar was fried currently, and she knew she was on the edge of that with Leopardsun. Listening quietly to Leopardsun- she also learned she should speak first to smooth things over- she waited until she was promoted by the deputy. "Yes, I need to speak to Mottlestar immediately. It's urgent." While she didn't think that Starling would immediately start murdering cats as soon as the omen was spoken, she also didn't want to small talk and meander about with a patrol. She didn't want to forget any details. "It can be here or the camp, whichever is quickest and fine with you."

Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Characters : [SC]Heatherberry| [TC]Vinecrawler | [SKC] Peatkit | [WC] Moosekit | [R] Grub Jr
Clan/Rank : [H]T3 BT MC / T4 MC | [V]T5 Warrior | [GJ] T1 Rogue | [P] Kit | [M] Kit
Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: More Are At Risk [open]   More Are At Risk [open] EmptyWed 5 Apr 2023 - 14:25

The russet warrior huffed, but was quick to comply. For another clans medicine cat and deputy to come in search or Mottlestar... Something must be up. "Briarrose, keep them on their side of the border. It'll be up to Mottlestar to allow them passage. I'll be back." She didn't enjoy the idea of leaving her sister here with ShadowClan at their doorstep, but she wouldn't be gone for long. Besides, Briarrose was a seasoned warrior. Should something happen, though highly unlikely with only one battle ready ShadowClanner, Briarrose would be able to handle her own long enough.

Pausing to glance between Burdockroot and Leopardsun, and into the surrounding forest to make double sure it was just the two of them, Firefly peeled off from the ThunderClan patrol. Taking no breaks until she had successfully burst through the camps entrance, she called out in hurried breaths: "Mottlestar!" She would waste no time in relaying the message once she was certain she had her mothers attention. "Our patrol along the Thunderpath ran into Burdockroot and Leopardsun; they've requested an audience with you and it seems urgent. They're waiting at the border still." Would it have been easier to have brought them here? Yes. But Firefly would have to be beaten to death before she welcomed another clan in without permission.

More Are At Risk [open] JPzjwJV More Are At Risk [open] JPzNeMg More Are At Risk [open] JGg2mwx More Are At Risk [open] JPzwPEb More Are At Risk [open] JPzwXQn

More Are At Risk [open] JcTsSP1  More Are At Risk [open] JcnAVnI More Are At Risk [open] JaZZNs4
Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: More Are At Risk [open]   More Are At Risk [open] EmptyFri 7 Apr 2023 - 12:19

˗ˏˋMore Are At Risk [open] 1f339´ˎ˗【Briarrose】˗ˏˋMore Are At Risk [open] 1f339´ˎ˗
∘₊✧──────────✧₊∘

Ah. So she was right with her initial assessment. It also appears that Leopardsun was as in the dark as the rest of them in regard to the subject of the impromptu meeting. Taking another glance at the medicine cat, Burdock's anxious demeanor was starting to show further. Briarrose maintained her blank expression but worry clutched at her chest. Something certainly wasn't right but she hoped it wasn't something awful.

When Firefly offered to go retrieve their leader and for Briarrose to keep them settled there, the torbie warrior simply nodded in her direction, eyes still focused on the Shadowclanners. "Our leader will be here soon," she reassured the two cats as Firefly swiftly bounded away. She, too, believed that it would be best if Mottlestar was the one to either grant or deny the Shadowclan cats access to the camp. She kept her senses peeled for any sign of Mottlestar's arrival as she waited.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4951

PostSubject: Re: More Are At Risk [open]   More Are At Risk [open] EmptySat 15 Apr 2023 - 6:26

The call of her daughter's voice was no doubt an easy way to summon her. Mottlestar gave a polite dip of her head to the warrior she had been talking to, the other cat clearly understanding this was a matter that she couldn't save time and ignore. Swiftly, the short tortoiseshell found her way to Firefly, and her whiskers twitched with a deep strum of anxiety at the names mentioned. The medicine cat and deputy of Shadowclan? This can't be good. Her mind immediately went to her conversation with Nightstar. Had word gotten out? She did her best to shove all of those feelings down. "Lead the way, my little flame." It was a nickname that she'd had recently gotten into the habit of calling Firefly, one that she couldn't help sometimes.

Each step that brought her closer to Thunderpath was an internal war. One where she was shoving down all of her feelings, and the other where they were being replaced by the mask that she donned most gatherings. A true leader's mask. Once there, she dipped her head in greeting towards everyone there. "Leopardsun, Burdockroot. I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long?" She politely greeted, looking at her other daughter for just a moment to see for any signs of what this may be about. "Nevertheless, I presume there is something to discuss if you both are here. I trust Briarrose and Firefly with whatever information there might be, so if it works best for you both, we can talk here." Oh, diplomacy. Truth be told, it was because she didn't want to stir any more suspicion among her clanmates if she brought them both back. Prying ears meant gossiping mouths, and that was simply a fire she didn't need to bother putting out.

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpawMountainkit
Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: More Are At Risk [open]   More Are At Risk [open] EmptyThu 20 Apr 2023 - 9:49

Burdockroot waited as patiently as she could until the leader appeared and she nearly sighed in relief. She was open to discussing but did not formally invite her over to cross the Thunderpath. However, Burdockroot would not yell it over the Thunderpath. It had been moons since she had crossed, and she saw what injuries could happen on this hard stone but... Glancing from side to side the large and scarred medicine cat scurried across until her paws landed on ThunderClan soil. Glancing around quick, she saw no angry reaction from Mottlestar for doing so so she took a deep breath while glancing at the warriors. If Mottlestar wanted her warriors to hear this, then so be it. It wasn't her choice. Perhaps with more ears listening, it would force Mottlestar into action.

"Mottlestar, last night at the Moonstone I received a very worrying. 'Three have fallen to the starling's talons, but more are at risk.' There was a starling, dark feathers stained with blood, flies down from a nearby oak tree. Behind it lay a bird -a dove- , a flower, and a newt. In its claws is a blossom and a kittypet collar. Now, a few moons ago I received a revelation from StarClan that a 'bird' was murdered, and through discussion I found out it was a cat that was from SkyClan that had been killed with three slashes. I believe this is the same cat being referenced in this dream which would mean... Your warrior Starling - I do not remember his suffix, but I know for a fact from my time spent in ThunderClan the name Starling was called for patrols - has killed three cats and has plans to kill more. Quite obvious, the cats had a Dove name, a flower name, and Newt.." Burdockroot paused, letting her words sink into Mottlestar's head, watching her face to see her reaction.

"I have yet to tell Nightstar, because this matter was clearly urgent and your attention was needed above all else, but we both know Nightstar well enough to know he will want something done about this for the safety of ShadowClan, if anything. Mottlestar - after meeting with SkyClan about my past revelation I promised myself never to speak to another clan about their mess, so if StarClan still insisted that I bring to Starling to justice, you have to take action. Swiftly. Lives are in danger." Her usual blank eyes had just the hint of a spark. After this, then for real she wouldn't get involved in another clan's business. Especially if Mottlestar ignored her.

Well, if Mottlestar ignored her Nightstar wouldn't. If a ShadowClan cat was murdered by Starling, there was no hope to escape war with ThunderClan. She hoped Mottlestar knew that.

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4951

PostSubject: Re: More Are At Risk [open]   More Are At Risk [open] EmptyThu 20 Apr 2023 - 17:14

The molly gave a slight dip of her head to indicate that she was more than alright with Burdockroot's passing into Thunderclan territory. After all, if there were any cats that she would grant free passage, the medicine cats were definitely near the top of that list. There was only perhaps two leaders that came from her other borders that she would dare consider allowing as well. Neither of which were present, nor would be.

However, not even her sturdy claws could have braced her for what came out of the Shadowclan cats' maw. The typically-friendly amber gaze hardened, and the voices of many instantly swirled in her head.

"Starlingflare acts one way in public and has proven to me to act another way alone. Just know that if you tell him I told you this in an attempt to confront him, don't be surprised if he tries to do something about it, whatever that may entail."

The words of her deputy immediately came to mind. Tortoiseshell ears tilted back slightly, elongating her face into one of considerable judgement. Emotion. No, anger. It honed itself into her stature, and for once, the short calico appeared to be much taller than she usually was. Pieces clicked in her mind.

Dove... Newt... a flower name...
Could Starlingflare have murdered Dovefrost?

The thought of the former Thunderclan medicine cat came to mind. Stars, it had been so many moons since he had passed. It had been long before she'd taken up the mantle of leader, one of the first actions that she had dealt with as Deputy being his announcement that he would be leaving to Skyclan. Bile threatened to rise into her throat, her stomach, but she had to shove it all down. There was no way that the stars would lie about that. There was simply too many connections.

Glancing towards the warriors that had been at the border already, her words came out more of a bark than anything. "Firefly, Briarrose, patrol every inch of Thunderclan and gather your clanmates. They are all summoned for a clan meeting - immediately." If there was such a lethal threat existing within her clan under her watch? It was not something that she would tolerate living much longer. There was a blessing given to her in Burdockroot's appearance, and that wasn't about to be taken in vain. "Nightdancer, find Darkspirit, and debrief him of the situation. He should be near camp."

Once the three warriors had departed on her orders, she once more faced the medicine cat in question. "Burdockroot, I sincerely appreciate you coming to notify Thunderclan. We had suspicions about Starlingflare having less than acceptable behavior, but had been oblivious to this. If you are willing, would you please come to camp with me for this meeting to repeat the prophecy you had been given? I will be placing him on trial now." Rage seethed beneath the tortoiseshell's tone, but it was more than clear that it wasn't directed at the she-cat that she spoke with at the moment. Understandably, it was at a cat she had allowed to even get close to her.

Her gaze settled beyond the medicine cat as she posed her request though, turning towards the deputy who had also come along. "You are more than welcome to come as well, Leopardsun. I fully understand this is not normal circumstances. Should you wish to inform Nightstar of what is going on as well, I will not stop you. I give you my thanks for coming, too."

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpawMountainkit
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6066

PostSubject: Re: More Are At Risk [open]   More Are At Risk [open] EmptyThu 20 Apr 2023 - 17:54

"I would be honored to accompany the both of you," Leopardsun answered. "Nightstar's preference is that we're not to enter another Clan's territory alone, and I have to say that I agree with his judgment on the matter. Especially if Burdockroot's suspicions are correct- if there is a murderer in your midst, then she isn't safe; and her not being a ThunderClan cat would likely make her more of a target."
"Of course, Mottlestar."

Nightdancer nodded at her leader's instructions, and then dashed off in search of ThunderClan's deputy to inform him of the current situation. This news, uncertain as it was, was certainly troubling.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: More Are At Risk [open]   More Are At Risk [open] EmptyThu 20 Apr 2023 - 18:14

Firefly would have had every right to slash the throat of an enemy clans warrior for even hinting that ThunderClan currently harbored a murderer. But these accusations came from the mouth of a Medicine Cat blessed by StarClan themselves... The only saving grace that kept her russet claws from meeting Burdockroots already scarred pelt. Starling... Starlingflare was the only Starling- in ThunderClan; there was no mistaking it. He wasn't a role model that Firefly would ever look up to, but wow was this ever a slight against ThunderClan.

At the call of her name, Firefly's ringing ears turned to Mottlestar. "...Yes, Mottlestar." Casting one last look to Leopardsun and Burdockroot, Firefly flicked her russet and black tail against her sister's shoulder. "Should we split up or patrol together, sister? With news like this, it may be better they didn't. But she would let her sister make the decision.

Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: More Are At Risk [open]   More Are At Risk [open] EmptyFri 28 Apr 2023 - 12:52

∘₊✧──────────✧₊∘

As soon as Mottlestar made her appearance behind Firefly, a smidge of the tension Briarrose had been feeling loosened. She still wasn't liking the feeling that was currently buzzing around her but she had to keep a clear head. After Mottlestar's quick greeting, Burdockroot wasted no more time in spilling what she had arrived there for. The news was more than troubling and a deep, clutching feeling settled in her belly.

Starlingflare. He was one of the clan's senior warriors; he was quite the odd cat but had seemed decently loyal nonetheless. The fact that they had possibly—no, most probably been harboring a murderer unsettled the torbie greatly. She really didn't want to believe it—probably wouldn't have if the news had been relayed by someone other than a medicine cat—but in her heart, she felt that it was true. Oh, Starclan, three lives had been cut down by one of Thunderclan's very own warriors. Since when had this been happening? How long ago was Starling's first victim? How long ago had been his third? It didn't feel right thinking this but she was grateful that it seemed to have stopped with those three. They needed to stop Starlingflare from committing any more crimes once and for all. She bit the inside of her mouth to keep from saying anything. Now was not the time. With just a glance, Mottlestar seemed to be feeling just as unsettled and enraged as she was.

The she-cat's head snapped up as Mottlestar began to give her warriors orders. Briarrose was to go with Firefly to gather all their clanmates that were not in the camp. She dipped her head mechanically. "Understood, Mottlestar," she said with as even of a voice as she could muster. The torbie warrior quickly followed her sister as they both began to head into the heart of Thunderclan's territory.

The troubled look finally made a clearer appearance on her face the moment they had both garnered some distance between them and the others. Her ears twitched as her sister spoke up. She tilted her head and then straightened back up—only a few moments had been needed to think of her response. "Normally, splitting up would be the most efficient option but I feel that it would be best to stick with each other considering-" she paused for a moment before slowly speaking again, "-considering the current circumstances." She kept her eyes on the path ahead. "Let us make haste and gather our clanmates." She picked up her pace and with a flick of her tail, led her sister to the first logical area where some of their peers may be.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More Are At Risk [open]   More Are At Risk [open] Empty

Back to top Go down

More Are At Risk [open]
Page 1 of 1