Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Because I have to. [Open hunting SC]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Characters : [SC]Heatherberry| [TC]Vinecrawler | [SKC] Peatkit | [WC] Moosekit | [R] Grub Jr
Clan/Rank : [H]T3 BT MC / T4 MC | [V]T5 Warrior | [GJ] T1 Rogue | [P] Kit | [M] Kit
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 4530

Because I have to. [Open hunting SC] Empty
PostSubject: Because I have to. [Open hunting SC]   Because I have to. [Open hunting SC] EmptyFri 27 Jan 2023 - 13:21

No doubt the other cats would begin to suspect something was off if Batpaw didn't start pulling his weight. Hanging around pretending to do work would only get him so far, not that he didn't actually lift a claw here and there.

He didn't need to do anything big and fancy. Just bring home something. So he sat quietly, not bothering to crouch down or check if he was down wind of any creatures. Maybe the other cats would realize you didn't have to do all that extra work if they'd just take the time to breathe, watch, and listen.

And it paid off. Batpaw's pretty little ears perked as rustling could be heard in the brush nearby. He crouched low only for the leverage he needed to pounce. But just as he was beginning to leap, a feathered fiend swooped down and snatched his prey, only to drop it when it discovered something much bigger and more filling: Batpaw.

An owl appeared!

Owl:
30 HP / 90 SP

Batpaw:
20 HP / 60 SP

won't you shake a poor sinners hand?:

Because I have to. [Open hunting SC] JPzjwJV Because I have to. [Open hunting SC] JPzNeMg Because I have to. [Open hunting SC] JGg2mwx Because I have to. [Open hunting SC] JPzwPEb Because I have to. [Open hunting SC] JPzwXQn

Because I have to. [Open hunting SC] JcTsSP1  Because I have to. [Open hunting SC] JcnAVnI Because I have to. [Open hunting SC] JaZZNs4
click photos for profiles | sprites by Aspen!

Last edited by Flybot on Fri 27 Jan 2023 - 13:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15129

PostSubject: I don't need to go far. [Open hunting SC]   Because I have to. [Open hunting SC] EmptyFri 27 Jan 2023 - 13:21

The member 'Flybot' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 10

Because I have to. [Open hunting SC] Mistpe10
Because I have to. [Open hunting SC] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw [H]oneykit [C]loudkit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Kit [C] WC/Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5716

PostSubject: Re: Because I have to. [Open hunting SC]   Because I have to. [Open hunting SC] EmptyFri 27 Jan 2023 - 14:01

Moonpaw was happy to be spending time with any of her family, genuinely preferring their company to most cats in Shadowclan, even her own mentor. Padding along cheerful but quietly, she watched as her brother sat still, not bothering to crouch, or stalk, or do anything that would actually help him catch prey. She almost laughed at him for it, but shockingly, prey did show up despite her brother making no attempt to hide himself.

And perhaps, making no attempt to hide himself wasn't a good thing, either. An owl had gone for the same prey Batpaw had... Only to turn on the apprentice. Moonpaw let out a hiss, claws unsheathing. Surely the owl wasn't going to harm her own flesh and blood, and surely it would stand no chance against a true Shadowclanner, right? She leaped forward, using her speed to bowl the owl over and give it a good clawing before the stupid bird could attack.

Moonpaw used Jumping Strike for -7 sp, dealing -6+3 damage.

Moonpaw

20 / 20 hp
53 / 60 sp (60 - 7)

Owl
21 / 30 hp (30 - 9)
90 / 90 sp

Batpaw
20 / 20 hp
60 / 60 sp

Skyclan Leader | Characters | Plotting

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC
T5 Elder
#702fd8
SwandiveRC
T3 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneykitSkC
Kit
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudkit [Bonus]WC
Kit
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
Stoneheart [Perma NPC]SkC
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Characters : ➀Forestbreeze ➁Brookstone ➂Briarrose
Clan/Rank : ➀Shadowclan T5 ➁Riverclan T5 ➂Thunderclan T4
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 497

PostSubject: Re: Because I have to. [Open hunting SC]   Because I have to. [Open hunting SC] EmptyFri 27 Jan 2023 - 15:12

˗ˏˋ 🌲´ˎ˗【Forestbreeze】˗ˏˋ 🌲´ˎ˗
∘₊✧──────────✧₊∘
【Shadowclan】♡【#C1E1C1】♡【T4 Warrior ║ 60[HP] | 140[SP]】

Forestbreeze breathed in the crisp Leaf-bare air as he kept a sharp eye out for any nearby prey. He wanted to surprise Iceheart with some prey they could share. However, that wasn't the only reason for him being out and about in the territory. Now that he had healed up nicely, Forest wanted to take advantage of his newfound freedom. It felt good walking without trouble again. He'll try not to overdo things lest he get sent right back to the medicine den.

His amber eyes lit up once he scented something close. Was it a shrew? Maybe it was a mouse? As he began to get closer and closer, he was suddenly startled by a commotion coming from somewhere around there. He mentally cursed when he could no longer scent the prey he'd been going for and decided to put that aside for the moment. There was something going on and it was making him worried. Was it a predator... or worse?

Steeling himself, the warrior hurried over with dampened steps. He needed to assess the situation first in case he needed to retreat as soon as possible. However, once he got there, he was met with two apprentices trying to fight off a persistent owl. His brows furrowed. He didn't waste any more time and jumped in as soon as he noticed the feathered beast swooping in again. Oh no, you don't! He couldn't let these two take on the bird by themselves. They could get seriously injured or even get carried away if they weren't paying attention well enough... So much for not overdoing things...

He timed its descent and as soon as it was within leaping distance, Forestbreeze jumped up onto its back and pinned it with his body. He grunted as its screeches bothered his ears. He held it down as best as he could but it wasn't easy with its constant wriggling and thrashing. He briefly turned to address the two apprentices, "You both okay? Are either of you hurt?" He scanned them with his eyes as best as he could but couldn't find any prominent injuries; If they even had any at all.

❥Forestbreeze used [Leap and Hold] on Owl! It dealt -10 damage. It cost him -15 [SP]. Owl is [Pinned] for 1 turn!

Forestbreeze:
60 | 60 [HP]
125 [140-15] | 140 [SP]

Owl: [PINNED 0/1]
11 [21-10] | 30 [HP]
90 | 90 [SP]

Batpaw:
20 | 20 [HP]
60 | 60 [SP]

Moonpaw:
20 | 20 [HP]
53 | 60 [SP]

Distractedly he meowed, "I have it pinned for now. Take advantage. Try to wear it down. I'll try to keep it like this for as long as I can but I make no promises."

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
⓵ Forestbreeze of Shadowclan
⓶ Brookstone of Riverclan
⓷ Briarrose of Thunderclan

Last edited by Maagistar on Fri 27 Jan 2023 - 15:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Because I have to. [Open hunting SC]   Because I have to. [Open hunting SC] EmptyFri 27 Jan 2023 - 15:12

The member 'Maagistar' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 3

Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Characters : [SC]Heatherberry| [TC]Vinecrawler | [SKC] Peatkit | [WC] Moosekit | [R] Grub Jr
Clan/Rank : [H]T3 BT MC / T4 MC | [V]T5 Warrior | [GJ] T1 Rogue | [P] Kit | [M] Kit
Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Because I have to. [Open hunting SC]   Because I have to. [Open hunting SC] EmptyFri 3 Feb 2023 - 15:23

Batpaw's pelt all but lept right off him as the owl swooped in, talons sharp and pointed in his direction. But it was Moonpaw, his sister, who came in heroically and took the first Swipe, knocking the nocturnal bird back in surprise. "Thank you...!" He was out of breath from the shock, but he genuinely meant it. He would remember this, even more so for flesh and blood.

It seemed Forestbreeze wasn't far behind Moonpaw. The warrior leaping in, the owl was down and vulnerable. Batpaw, for once, did not have himself in mind in this situation. Normally he would opt out for touching anything in this forest, but this was necessary. For Forestbreeze. For Moonpaw.

He ripped into the owls dark brown wing and pulled, spitting feathers as he yelled, "Finish it off, Moonpaw! Kill it!"

Batpaw used Snap, dealing 6 damage and costing 7 SP

Batpaw
20 / 20 hp
53 / 60 sp (-7)

Moonpaw
20 / 20 hp
53 / 60 sp

Owl
3 / 30 hp
90 / 90 sp

Forestbreeze:
60 / 60 hp
125 / 140 sp
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw [H]oneykit [C]loudkit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Kit [C] WC/Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5716

PostSubject: Re: Because I have to. [Open hunting SC]   Because I have to. [Open hunting SC] EmptyFri 3 Feb 2023 - 20:09

Seemingly out of nowhere, one of Shadowclan's warriors had joined the fight against the owl, quickly pinning the bird down and asking if they were okay. "I'm fine." She responded to Forestbreeze, slashing at the owl and digging her claws in as far as they would go before pulling back. Batpaw had recovered from his shock to also snap at the stupid bird, and between them the fight was over just as quickly as it had begun. "Batpaw?" Moonpaw asked, "You good?" Were it any other clanmate, the concern would have been strictly performative. But Batpaw was her brother, her family, and Moonpaw cared about his well-being.

Moonpaw used Front Paw Strike for -7 sp, dealing -6 damage.

Moonpaw

20 / 20 hp
53 / 60 sp (53 - 7)

Owl
0 / 30 hp (3 - 6)
90 / 90 sp

Batpaw
20 / 20 hp
53 / 60 sp

Forestbreeze
60 / 60 hp
125 / 140 sp

Skyclan Leader | Characters | Plotting

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC
T5 Elder
#702fd8
SwandiveRC
T3 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneykitSkC
Kit
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudkit [Bonus]WC
Kit
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
Stoneheart [Perma NPC]SkC
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Characters : ➀Forestbreeze ➁Brookstone ➂Briarrose
Clan/Rank : ➀Shadowclan T5 ➁Riverclan T5 ➂Thunderclan T4
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 497

PostSubject: Re: Because I have to. [Open hunting SC]   Because I have to. [Open hunting SC] EmptyTue 7 Feb 2023 - 11:34

˗ˏˋ 🌲´ˎ˗【Forestbreeze】˗ˏˋ 🌲´ˎ˗
∘₊✧──────────✧₊∘
【Shadowclan】♡【#C1E1C1】♡【T4 Warrior ║ 60[HP] | 140[SP]】

Forestbreeze let go as soon as he felt the owl go limp after Moonpaw's final attack. He straightened up and sighed softly. The crisis was averted. The warrior turned to address both the apprentices, "Will you both be heading back to camp or do you still have things to do here? I'll be staying with you in any case..." He diverged his attention from the apprentices to the owl for a moment. "Also, we should take this back with us whenever you plan on returning. I can carry it."

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
⓵ Forestbreeze of Shadowclan
⓶ Brookstone of Riverclan
⓷ Briarrose of Thunderclan
Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Because I have to. [Open hunting SC]   Because I have to. [Open hunting SC] EmptyWed 8 Feb 2023 - 15:58

Batpaw sighed, looking at the owl. Did he even want to try hunting again after that? The owl could be considered food, if ShadowClan really needed it but... "I want to hunt some more. You're welcome to join me, but I'd understand if you didn't." He just wanted to catch one piece of prey to add to the pile so no one could say he didn't do anything. Killing a predator AND bringing home prey should be enough not to alert anyone of his 'laziness'. I'm all honesty, keeping himself clean and proper was doing the clan a favour in a place where looks could brighten the mood, right? They were lucky to have him.

Not waiting for either of them to say whether they'd stay or not, he crouched low. He'd do it properly while under watchful eyes of Forestbreeze. Moonpaw? That's his sister. She knew he slacked off.

As he listened intently, a croak came from a nearby bush. What a bad day to be a frog.

Batpaw has caught his first prey: a frog

won't you shake a poor sinners hand?:

Because I have to. [Open hunting SC] JPzjwJV Because I have to. [Open hunting SC] JPzNeMg Because I have to. [Open hunting SC] JGg2mwx Because I have to. [Open hunting SC] JPzwPEb Because I have to. [Open hunting SC] JPzwXQn

Because I have to. [Open hunting SC] JcTsSP1  Because I have to. [Open hunting SC] JcnAVnI Because I have to. [Open hunting SC] JaZZNs4
click photos for profiles | sprites by Aspen!

Last edited by Flybot on Wed 8 Feb 2023 - 16:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Because I have to. [Open hunting SC]   Because I have to. [Open hunting SC] EmptyWed 8 Feb 2023 - 15:58

The member 'Flybot' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 4

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Because I have to. [Open hunting SC]   Because I have to. [Open hunting SC] Empty

Back to top Go down

Because I have to. [Open hunting SC]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Territory-
Jump to: