Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Post-Nap Exploration [O]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kizzy

kizzy

Characters : Sparkpaw, Darkpaw, Emberpaw
Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 130

Post-Nap Exploration [O] Empty
PostSubject: Post-Nap Exploration [O]   Post-Nap Exploration [O] EmptyThu 26 Jan 2023 - 18:29

Emberkit ☆ SkyClan

Emberkit's whiskers trembled as she poked her head outside of the nursery. The rest of the den was still asleep, which meant that it was the perfect time to do a little post-nap exploring. She took a tentative sniff, breathing in the crisp leafbare air that surrounded the SkyClan camp. It didn't look like there were any other cats in the clearing, and it certainly didn't smell like it.

Emberkit padded a few steps forward. She tried to imagine what the camp might look like when it was time for her apprentice ceremony; Birdstar would be there, of course, as well as Wolfblossom, the SkyClan deputy. And Plumleaf, their medicine cat! Surely all the other apprentices would be, too, and Emberkit couldn't wait to make friends with them.

Just then, she had a sudden, nagging idea that made her ears droop. What if the other apprentices don't like me?

But she forced the thought away just as quickly. Emberkit knew that not every cat in the forest would like her, but SkyClan had so many apprentices right now that she was sure to make fast friends with some of them. All I can do is be myself and try my best, she thought, echoing the words she'd heard the SkyClan mentors say time and time again to their apprentices.

Emberkit came to a stop in the center of the clearing, bringing her eyes to the not-so-distant trees above her. Glittering strands of snow still clung to the clusters of branches, a memory of the forest's recent batch of storms. Emberkit leaped backwards with a yelp as a pile nearly as big as she was came rushing down, landing barely a tail length away. Close one! she thought, licking her chest with relief. I'm not sure how I'd explain that one to everyone back in the nursery...

Emberkit jumped as she heard another cat's paw steps sound out from somewhere nearby.

#ff9966#6666cc #cc99cc

Last edited by kizzy on Fri 27 Jan 2023 - 10:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1280

PostSubject: Re: Post-Nap Exploration [O]   Post-Nap Exploration [O] EmptyThu 26 Jan 2023 - 19:43

Stoatclaw picked his way through the darkened warrior's den, careful to avoid stepping on any errant limbs that spilled out of their nests. The cloak of night offered the warrior the chance to sneak out of camp undetected, but it also meant that his friend across the border would be awake and patrolling soon. The thought of another meeting with them filled the warrior with excitement. Silently peeling himself out of the den, Stoatclaw's eyes snapped to a small form walking around the camp clearing. A kit being all alone out here wasn't part of his plan, he could just leave it to do... whatever it was doing, right?

The warrior's eyes glanced toward the entrance to camp before settling back on the kit. Stars, had he really been contemplating leaving the kit here unattended? Shaking the thought of his nighttime excursion from his head, the warrior slowly began to make his way toward the kit, just as more snow almost landed on the poor thing. Kicking himself into a trot, Stoatclaw quickly closed the distance between himself and the kit. "That was a close one! You okay?" Despite the kit's yelp, the warrior spoke in low tone, wishing not to wake anyone up that hadn't already been alerted by the small cat's cry. Hazel eyes scanned the canopy above for any more potential traps before he decided to speak again. "Pretty lucky that it didn't land on you, huh?"

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

Post-Nap Exploration [O] Output12                   Post-Nap Exploration [O] Output10                          Post-Nap Exploration [O] Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
kizzy

kizzy

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Post-Nap Exploration [O]   Post-Nap Exploration [O] EmptyThu 26 Jan 2023 - 20:33

Emberkit ☆ SkyClan

Emberkit's eyes widened as she locked eyes with the SkyClan warrior behind her. Running into another cat definitely hadn't been part of the plan! "I'm fine!" she mewed quickly, fluffing her fur up against the cold. "I didn't think it would be this cold out at night!"

Truthfully, the little she-cat hadn't been out of the nursery at night before; she'd been out plenty of times during the day, but that had been with other cats around, and it had also been when she'd had permission to be there. Being out in the clearing now felt exciting and dangerous, even though Emberkit knew she'd be completely safe in the SkyClan camp. Kits before her must have snuck out of the nursery, she knew. It's not like I'm the first kit to ever come up with this idea!

Suddenly, another idea struck her. She tilted her head curiously at the warrior who stood before her. She'd seen him before, coming in and out of the camp for patrols, but she couldn't remember meeting him before now. "What are you doing out here?" Emberkit whispered. "Are you sneaking out, too? Don't worry, I won't tell any cat where you're going!"

#ff9966#6666cc #cc99cc
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1280

PostSubject: Re: Post-Nap Exploration [O]   Post-Nap Exploration [O] EmptyTue 31 Jan 2023 - 14:53

The warrior chuckled at the kit's remark. "Of course it's cold out here, it's Leaf-Bare! We won't be able to warm up much until this season passes, but I bet when you grow up you'll have a nice fluffy coat to keep you warm. Doesn't sound so bad, at least from my point of view." As if to prove his point, the tom shivered. Having a short pelt was fine in the hotter seasons, but it was almost unbearable in Leaf-Bare. "This is my first Leaf-Bare, actually. I'm not quite sure I like it. The snow is pretty, but the lack of prey and the freezing winds can get pretty annoying." Ah, to be having a normal conversation with one of his clanmates, it felt good. Even if this clanmate was just a kit. It was odd, but Stoatclaw kind of enjoyed talking to her. "What do you think about it so far?"

"Ah, you got me!" He responded. "I was sneaking out to meet a friend, but it might be a bit too chilly for me to sneak out tonight." Yes, chilly, it had nothing to do with the kit all alone in the middle of camp. As unfortunate as it was that his plans to leave had been dashed, Stoatclaw was still happy about the way his night was turning out. "What were you doing sneaking out? Don't worry, I won't tell anyone either, I'm great at keeping secrets!" The tom flashed his clanmate a warm smile, just as another thought popped into his head. "Stars, where are my manners? My name is Stoatclaw, would you mind telling me yours?"

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

Post-Nap Exploration [O] Output12                   Post-Nap Exploration [O] Output10                          Post-Nap Exploration [O] Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
kizzy

kizzy

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Post-Nap Exploration [O]   Post-Nap Exploration [O] EmptyTue 31 Jan 2023 - 18:02

Emberkit ☆ SkyClan

Emberkit shivered at the warrior's description of Leaf-Bare. How long until it's over? she couldn't help but think, kneading her paws against the hard ground beneath her. "I don't like the cold," Emberkit told him, fluffing up her fur as big as it would go. "I want to see the forest when it's warm and sunny. But Wolfblossom says that it's moons away still," she added, scuffing her paws in the snow with frustration. "I'll probably be a warrior before Leaf-Bare ends. But it's pretty out here at night. I like the way the frost looks on the leaves, too." That was the only good thing about the season so far, how pretty the snow was. And how quiet the forest is at night.

Emberkit narrowed her eyes thoughtfully at the warrior's admission of sneaking out to meet a friend. Was the friend from another clan? Emberkit desperately wished that she could go on adventures with friends from other clans, but that would have to wait until she was made an apprentice, and until she was brought to her first real Gathering. "I wish I had friends from the other clans," she told him. Maybe I can meet his friend someday. "I just came outside to see what the camp looked like at night. My name is Emberkit! But it'll be Emberpaw pretty soon," she added, sitting up proudly.

#ff9966#6666cc #cc99cc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post-Nap Exploration [O]   Post-Nap Exploration [O] Empty

Back to top Go down

Post-Nap Exploration [O]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Camp-
Jump to: