Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Taking Notes [Rainpaw]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5682

Taking Notes [Rainpaw] Empty
PostSubject: Taking Notes [Rainpaw]   Taking Notes [Rainpaw] EmptyTue 13 Dec 2022, 1:36 pm

((I figure they can just talk, or also move on to hunting or sparring, idk lol. If it's hunting I'd say optional dice since you have the req already lol))

Wolfblossom was still getting used to being deputy. She'd completed one apprentice ceremony, leaving Firepa to train with Moonlily. Patrols had been assigned earlier, and now she... Wasn't quite sure what to do, honestly. She could join one of her own patrols, or check in on her siblings - it wasn't pestering - but they were busy with their own duties, too.

Perhaps she ought to check in on the apprentices. Their ceremonies were her responsibility now, right? Checking in on how they were progressing with their training wouldn't be a bad idea. Wolfblossom glanced around the hollow, and spotting Rainpaw, she padded forward with a wave of her tail in friendly greeting.

"Hey, Rainpaw," She mewed, "So uh, how's training going for you?"

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1024

PostSubject: Re: Taking Notes [Rainpaw]   Taking Notes [Rainpaw] EmptyTue 13 Dec 2022, 7:07 pm

RainpawFourtrees

OOC: Gotcha!

Rainpaw had been sitting in front of a half-eaten bird, working on making his way through it one bite at a time. It was odd not having meals with Crookedpaw, odd in a way that sank into him and made it hard to taste the food he was eating. He was staring into the distance, lost in thought when he heard his name in a familiar voice. His ears flicked back and he turned around to face Wolfblossom. Though it didn't quite show on his face, he did feel a little brighter and more focused at the sight of her. He always enjoyed his time spent with Wolfblossom.

“Oh, hello, Ms. Wolfblossom,” Rainpaw said, turning to face her fully and shaking his head to clear it. “Sorry. I was lost in thought. Uhm… my training? It has been good. Birdchaser has been a little more busy with everything going on, but she still makes time for me when she can.” He said, and despite how wretched he was feeling, remembering that bit of kindness and dedication from his mentor did make a spark of warmth blossom in his chest.

“I’m nowhere near proficient in battle skills yet. It is something I am struggling with a little.” Rainpaw said, his tone, as usual, formal and serious. “But I believe I have been improving with climbing and hunting, and have been catching prey more frequently. I have also managed not to fall out of any trees the last few times we went hunting, which was a significant improvement.” He gave another little nod.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Taking Notes [Rainpaw]   Taking Notes [Rainpaw] EmptyWed 14 Dec 2022, 8:53 pm

Rainpaw seemed distracted and almost despondant, a strange sight for the young tom that Birdchaser had taken under her wing. Yet it wasn't all that surprising either, all things considered. Between the general chaos and Crookedpaw's very noticeable absence... All Wolfblossom could do was offer a small smile in an attempt to be reassuring.

"Yeah... I suppose we've all been busy. I intend to check on the apprentices more often, to make sure their training isn't being overlooked, however unintentional. I'm already handling apprentice ceremonies, so I may as well keep a closer eye on those I'm giving a new rank to." And Birdchaser... Stars help her, was busiest of them all at the moment. "And, well, maybe help give my sister a break. She has so much on her shoulders... We'll manage, though." She added. Rainpaw was close enough to Birdchaser that he'd likely noticed already, which was why Wolfblossom had been comfortable admitting the last part to him.

She listened as he spoke, tail twitching slowly back and forth. "It's good you already have an idea of what to work on." Battle, hunting... Not falling out of trees was a very good thing. He seemed to be confident enough in his abilities and in knowing what needed work, which was pleasing. "If it's combat you need practice with, we could spar." She offered with a grin. Sparring was something Wolfblossom knew, and the activity might just help distract Rainpaw from, well, everything.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Taking Notes [Rainpaw]   Taking Notes [Rainpaw] EmptyWed 28 Dec 2022, 7:39 pm

RainpawFourtrees

Rainpaw nodded in understanding and appreciation as Wolfblossom spoke of removing some of the weight from Birdchaser’s shoulders. He was grateful for that. He was worried about Birdchaser, with all that had happened and the sudden change into the role of the leader. He tried to help, but he was never quite sure what to do. He was glad Birdchaser had Wolfblossom.

”A spar would be good. I'd like that.” Rainpaw said, offering a slight smile in return and rising to his paws. He could use the distraction, and the practice. He resisted the urge to apologize for what he was sure would be a poor performance. That was what practice was for, right?

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Taking Notes [Rainpaw]   Taking Notes [Rainpaw] EmptyThu 29 Dec 2022, 10:33 am

"Alright then," She was glad he'd taken her up on the offer. Wolfblossom padded nodded towards a relatively clear spot toward the edge of hollow, padding towards it. They would have room, and wouldn't get in anyone's way. "The first move is yours." She wanted to see how he would open a fight against her, she was larger and stronger and had the advantage of experience. They would take things from there.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Taking Notes [Rainpaw]   Taking Notes [Rainpaw] EmptyFri 13 Jan 2023, 2:23 pm

RainpawFourtrees

Rainpaw padded after Wolfblossom. He nodded at her words, coming to stand in front of her and shifting into a defensive battle-ready position. He took the moment granted by being given the first move to analyze a little, trying to determine the best way to utilize his skills when his "opponent" was significantly larger and more experienced than he. Unfortunately, there was only so much he could think of to do to accommodate for that, and so he finally just decided to go for it. Sparring with Wolfblossom couldn't be that different from sparring with Birdchaser, right? It was fine.

With a short huff of air, Rainpaw darted forward to land a strike on Wolfblossom's side, careful to leave his claws in, of course. He utilized the speed his smaller size granted him by immediately skipping away again, trying to get out of the way before she could retaliate.

Rainpaw used Front Paw Strike, dealing -6 damage and costing -7 SP.

Wolfblossom
64/70 HP [-6]
160/160 SP

Rainpaw
20/20 HP
53/60 SP [-7]

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Taking Notes [Rainpaw]   Taking Notes [Rainpaw] EmptyFri 13 Jan 2023, 6:46 pm

Rainpaw let out a short huff before darting toward her, and Wolfblossom felt his paw connect lightly with her shoulder. Reaching out with a sheathed paw, she aimed a light blow at the apprentice in turn. "You're faster than I am, but a simple paw isn't going to do much to slow an enemy's momentum if they're going after you. You're smaller, so you want to minimize the damage you take while keeping an opponent from doing much to you." She said, "What do you think would help accomplish that?" Wolfblossom wanted Rainpaw to think about it, and since it was a spar, she hoped his answer to her would be putting whatever thought he had into action. This was a spar, so no claws or true danger of being hurt, but Wolfblossom wanted him to be accustomed to thinking on his paws, too.

Wolfblossom used Front Paw Blow for -5 sp, dealing -7 damage.

Wolfblossom

64 / 70 HP
155 / 160 SP (160 - 5)

Rainpaw
13 / 20 HP (20 - 7)
53 / 60 SP

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Taking Notes [Rainpaw]   Taking Notes [Rainpaw] EmptyWed 25 Jan 2023, 7:31 pm

RainpawFourtrees

Rainpaw frowned in concentration at Wolfblossom’s question, eyes darting around as he moved away again to gain some distance. He knew he would not have time to overthink in a real battle, so he analyzed and came to his decision quickly.

Moving in again, Rainpaw darted forward and grabbed a hold of Wolfblossom’s tail (gently, of course, not wanting to hurt his aunt) and gave a sharp tug to knock Wolfblossom off balance and to the ground before letting go and moving back again. “Something like that?” He asked hopefully, panting a little.

Rainpaw used Tail Yank, dealing -7 damage and costing -15 SP. Wolfblossom is stunned for 1 turn.

Wolfblossom [STUNNED]
57/70 HP (-7)
155/160 SP

Rainpaw
13/20 HP
38/60 SP (-15)

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Taking Notes [Rainpaw]   Taking Notes [Rainpaw] EmptyWed 25 Jan 2023, 8:05 pm

"Hey-!" It wasn't often that Wolfblossom was caught by surprise, but she was glad of it. Pulled off-balance sharply by the tail, with a strength that most might not expect from the small apprentice. "Yes, like that." She managed, focusing on regaining her paws. "And what do you do when you have your opponent staggered, Rainpaw?"

Wolfblossom [STUNNED]
57/70 HP
155/160 SP

Rainpaw
13/20 HP
38/60 SP

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Taking Notes [Rainpaw]   Taking Notes [Rainpaw] EmptySun 29 Jan 2023, 8:52 pm

RainpawFourtrees

Rainpaw was briefly concerned at Wolfblossom's cry of surprise, a brief tightening of Rainpaw's chest as he wondred if he'd done something wrong, but then Wolfblossom confirmed he did well, and he relaxed again.

Then he tried to think, considering her question, and again, tried to think quickly. “Attack while they’re caught off guard?” He guessed, going in for another firm smack. A brief look of consideration over his features, and then he added, “Or take an opportunity for escape, if it’s something like a predator I can’t handle on my own or something.”

Rainpaw used Front Paw Blow, dealing -4 damage and costing -7 SP.

Wolfblossom
53/70 HP (-4)
155/160 SP

Rainpaw
13/20 HP
31/60 SP (-7)

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Taking Notes [Rainpaw]   Taking Notes [Rainpaw] EmptyTue 31 Jan 2023, 12:52 pm

Wolfblossom smiled at the answer Rainpaw had given. "Yes, exactly." His paw caught her while she was still finding her balance, but when she had... The deputy leaped upward suddenly, scrambling onto a branch of one of the oaks. Just as quickly, she'd launched herself off of it, body aimed squarely at Rainpaw. Wolfblossom was careful to not put her full speed into her movements, as her sparring partner was much smaller, but she still used her greater weight to pin the tom to the ground with sheathed paws. Time to see what he would do when the situation was flipped.

Wolfblossom used Leaping Bound for -10 sp, dealing -7 damage. Rainpaw is pinned for this turn.

Wolfblossom

53 / 70 HP
145 / 160 SP (155 - 10)

Rainpaw
6 / 20 HP (13 - 7)
31 / 60 SP

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Taking Notes [Rainpaw]   Taking Notes [Rainpaw] EmptyThu 02 Feb 2023, 4:02 pm

RainpawSkyclan Camp

Rainpaw was feeling pleased at the praise, and then like a flash, Woflblossom was up a tree and Rainpaw was pinned to the ground with a surprised grunt before he even had the time to blink. Staring up at the deputy with wide, startled eyes, Rainpaw’s mind raced as he tried to think his way out of the situation.

Rainpaw knew what to do when pinned, he and Birdchaser had covered that, but he wasn’t at all confident in his ability to pull it off. Still, Rainpaw caught his breath, and he attempted to twist until his paws were underneath him and knock off Wolfblossom’s grip, pushing solidly at her to try and knock her off balance. Unfortunately, Rainpaw's relative size compared to Wolfblossom's and his inexperience caught up with him, and all he manage to do was wiggle about and prove himself well and truly pinned. Rainpaw slumped again with a huff of exertion.

Since this is a spar, and not an actual fight, Rainpaw looked back up at Wolfblossom and admitted, "I don't know how else to get out."

Rainpaw is attempting to use Duck and Twist! He failed to escape the pin! He deals -4 damage and costs -5 SP.

Wolfblossom
49/70 HP (-4)
145/160 SP

Rainpaw (PINNED)
6/20 HP
26/60 SP (-5)

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Last edited by lostfanboy on Thu 02 Feb 2023, 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15066

PostSubject: Re: Taking Notes [Rainpaw]   Taking Notes [Rainpaw] EmptyThu 02 Feb 2023, 4:02 pm

The member 'lostfanboy' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 2

Taking Notes [Rainpaw] Mistpe10
Taking Notes [Rainpaw] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Taking Notes [Rainpaw]   Taking Notes [Rainpaw] EmptyThu 02 Feb 2023, 5:40 pm

"Moving about and trying to loosen your opponent's grip is a start." Wolfblossom said, "Even if you don't free yourself completely, it becomes much harder to hold something down when they are working against you. Even a large, strong cat cannot keep a firm grip on another forever." She lifted a paw and gently booped Rainpaw's nose, stepping back to let the apprentice back to his paws.

Wolfblossom used Front Paw Blow for -5 sp, dealing -7 damage.

Wolfblossom

49/70 HP
140/160 SP (145 - 5)

Rainpaw
0/20 HP (6 - 7)
26/60 SP

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Taking Notes [Rainpaw]   Taking Notes [Rainpaw] EmptySun 05 Feb 2023, 3:47 pm

RainpawFourtrees

Rainpaw wrinkled his nose as it was booped, blinking. He can’t help but smile, just a little, breaking the neutral expression of concentration that he’d had on for the entire spar. He got to his feet and shook out his fur, catching his breath after all the exercise. “Got it.” He said.

He knew when he had lost, and plus, now that he had paused for a moment, his muscles were achy and his exhaustion was rapidly catching back up to him. “Thank you for the practice, Miss Wolfblossom,” He says, still instinctively using the honorific.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP