Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1280

Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed)   Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed) EmptyMon 21 Nov 2022 - 22:52

For the first time in a long time, Silverwing sat on her own, away from Windclan entirely and with a hare at her paws. She had caught it for herself, but recent events had her stomach feeling quite odd. She knew that if she tried eating it wouldn't stay down, so what was left to do other than stare at it? Hrm, cat watch maybe? She had absolutely no energy to put towards meeting a new cat at the moment, but maybe she could get a little bit of intel for when she could act like a warrior again. Eyes passed from cat to cat before finally landing on a somewhat familiar pelt. It was an incredibly odd pelt, which lent to her memory of the cat. No name, that's what the pelt was tied to, but maybe it should stay that way. It was a Shadowclan cat, an evil one at that. Honestly, who threw mud around like that? What an evil method of fighting. YOU attacked first, she may be evil for slinging mud but you did have it coming. Perhaps she was right. Well, she was always right after the fact. Might as well go over, you might need friends everywhere soon enough. With a heavy sigh, Silverwing picked up the hare and trotted over to the Shadowclanner, dropping the prey at her paws. "Hey, I've got something for you... Can I talk to you real quick? Please?" Silverwing's voice lacked any color to it. That was a pretty pathetic opener too. Maybe the Shadowclan cat would just walk off, it wouldn't surprise her, if Silverwing were in the same position she might do the same thing... Probably not.

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed) Output12                   Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed) Output10                          Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed) Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw [H]oneykit [C]loudkit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Kit [C] WC/Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5715

PostSubject: Re: Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed)   Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed) EmptyTue 22 Nov 2022 - 19:41

Harechaser's head whipped around at a vaguely familiar voice. Not having expected being interrupted doing... nothing, really, she jumped a little. Wide, mismatched eyes took in the silvery Windclanner she'd... Not exactly fought, rather, encountered along the thunderpath. She had a hare in her jaws, and for a brief moment Harechaser felt a flash of envy that the swift-footed troublemakers were so good at catching them. She was good at catching them by Shadowclan standards, sure, but it wasn't the same.

"What do you want, Windclanner?" She asked, more cautious and guarded than outright hostile, but the way her fluffy ginger tail twitched back and forth signified that could change. Harechaser had been feeling antsy since the arrival to fourtrees, with her heart pounding. She felt like she couldn't quite relax no matter what she did, and the fear of the earth's terrible trembling had led to more than one restless night. She wanted to be back home, in Shadowclan's own camp, with her own clanmates surrounding her. She wanted something more peaceful than this constant state of tension, and the Windclanner, she was almost certain, would be trouble.

Skyclan Leader | Characters | Plotting

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC
T5 Elder
#702fd8
SwandiveRC
T3 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneykitSkC
Kit
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudkit [Bonus]WC
Kit
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
Stoneheart [Perma NPC]SkC
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)

PostSubject: Re: Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed)   Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed) EmptyTue 22 Nov 2022 - 20:02

The Shadowclan cat was still here, that seemed like a good sign. Movement behind the cat caught Silverwing's eye, and for a moment her reason for approaching the cat was forgotten. "So... Fluffy!" Her words were barely audible, but probably just loud enough for the cat to hear. Why was she here again? "O-Oh, right!" The hare! Silverwing pushed the prey further toward the she-cat. "This is for you, or if you don't want it you can add it to your fresh-kill pile. There's nothing wrong with it! I just, y'know... I'm sorry for what happened at the border. It's a peace offering." This wasn't just an attempt at making amends anymore, she needed this cat to like her now! It was absolutely mandatory! "I'm sorry for calling you evil too, you did throw mud at me though, that hurt."

MORE ART!!:

Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed) Output12                   Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed) Output10                          Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed) Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw [H]oneykit [C]loudkit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Kit [C] WC/Kit
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed)   Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed) EmptyThu 24 Nov 2022 - 11:49

The she-cat mumbled something that Harechaser didn't catch, too busy eyeing her and the offered prey warily. She spoke up again, and her ears flicked at the other she-cat's words. "What happened at the border was frog-brained of you." Harechaser mewed, though she relaxed slightly. The she-cat wasn't here to continue it, at least. "I'd say stay on your own side of the territory from now on and it's settled, but..." Her tail waved, indicating that clan territory was hardly habitable at the moment. "Look, my brother seems to have wanted an alliance with your clan. I don't want to jeopardize that, much as I might be uneasy about it. Apology accepted." She mewed, reaching out a dark paw and pulling the hare closer. She sniffed at it warily, though nothing seemed off about it to her untrained senses.

"My name's Harechaser, by the way."

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC
T5 Elder
#702fd8
SwandiveRC
T3 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneykitSkC
Kit
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudkit [Bonus]WC
Kit
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed)   Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed) EmptySun 27 Nov 2022 - 0:45

Silverwing nodded along with the cat's words enthusiastically. It didn't look like the she-cat was going to apologize for the mud thing, but pushing for an apology for that didn't seem right at this time. She would just have to deal with it. "You're so right, it was really... Frog-brained of me." Frog... Frog! This cat knew about frogs, she could answer some of Silverwing's questions! "My territory only! No more crossings, got it!" The accepted apology could mean nothing more than 'sit and and have a conversation with me, we're friends now!' Which Silverwing obviously obliged. "Harechaser?" Silverwing's gaze traveled to the prey at the Shadowclan warrior's paws for a moment. "I promise that wasn't on purpose, kind of funny how that worked out though. I'm Silverwing!" Now that she wasn't actively attacking or being attacked, Silverwing noticed the oddity that was Harechaser's pelt. Compliments went a long way, and Whisperear hadn't minded her comments on the warrior's beauty, would this be any different? "I must say, your pelt is very pretty Harechaser. I love how different it looks, it's really..." Odd might send the wrong impression, but what was she supposed to call it? You didn't see too many cats that looked like their heads were split in half with a different color. "Unique! and that tail of yours is very... Fluffy." Silverwing's glanced hungrily at Harechaser's tail. Without a chance to stop herself, Silverwing blurted out "Can I touch it?" Immediate embarrassment washed over the she-cat as she began shaking her head vigorously. "Sorry, sorry, I didn't mean to say that!"

MORE ART!!:

Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed)   Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed) EmptyMon 28 Nov 2022 - 13:46

"Yes, that. I think it's safer for everyone." Harechaser muttered in response to the she-cat's words. She couldn't help a twitch of her whiskers as the she-cat, Silverwing, she'd need to remember that, glanced at the hare. "I caught one on our territory, my first day out of camp as an apprentice." There was pride on that. Nightstar and their father Mistyfalcon were some of the clan's finest hunters, she'd wanted to be like them: quick on her paws and able to provide for the clan. "Nice to meet you, I suppose. Silverwing's a... nice name."

She wasn't often given to bouts of awkwardness like her father and brother had always been, but now she was. The Windclanner was awfully enthusiastic about their meeting even now. Stars above, but what was wrong with her? No cat was this excitable and enthusiastic, in Harechaser's experience, not even Roseburn. Even the infuriating calico had limits... As far as Harechaser knew, at least. "Uhm... Thanks? I- No?" She was left to look at the Windclanner askance at the question about her tail, so far out of left field she could only stumble over a few words even as the silvery Windclanner was already apologizing.

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC
T5 Elder
#702fd8
SwandiveRC
T3 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneykitSkC
Kit
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudkit [Bonus]WC
Kit
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed)   Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed) EmptyTue 6 Dec 2022 - 17:52

What a mess, think before you speak Silverwing, think! Not heeding her own advice, Silverwing immediately tried to find an excuse for what she had said. "That was supposed to be a joke, but I guess I forgot that we're just now getting acquainted? We've met before so I felt like joking around was a good idea, but it just came off as weird didn't it?" You mouse-brain! You feather head! Idiot! That excuse sounded incredibly stupid, even to her. Find something else to talk about. "You guys hunt frogs, right?" It was all she could think to say at the moment, and hoped it would be enough to distract Harechaser from the idiocy that had just kept pouring from her mouth. "My mentor told me that Shadowclan likes to catch frogs, I've never actually seen one before but I hear they're pretty fast, that true?" Now that the conversation seemed to be getting a little more normal, the speed at which Silverwing spoke slowed to a much more acceptable level.

MORE ART!!:

Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed)   Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed) EmptyTue 6 Dec 2022 - 19:00

Mismatched eyes narrowed as Silverwing apologized... And then immediately continued. "'Weird' is one way to put it. 'Rude' is another." Harechaser bit out tersely. What was wrong with this she-cat? Were all Windclanners like this? And then the she-cat was pressing on with other questions... Great Starclan.

"Frogs are quick and can jump far. Very different than the prey you would be used to. I wouldn't suggested going onto Shadowclan territory to try and catch one." Was she trying to get information out of her? For what, Harechaser wasn't really sure, but she didn't like it. All she'd wanted was to relax, and this she-cat was making it impossible. "If you're finished, I have things to do." Things that didn't involve talking to rude, nosy Windclanners. Harechaser stood and turned, fully intending to leave, the hare forgotten about.

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC
T5 Elder
#702fd8
SwandiveRC
T3 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneykitSkC
Kit
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudkit [Bonus]WC
Kit
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed)   Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed) EmptyTue 6 Dec 2022 - 20:34

Her question was rude? How could it have possibly been rude, if anything it was a compliment! Things had looked like they were going well for a moment there, but that tail comment had apparently really upset Harechaser. "I already said no more crossings, you don't have to keep repeating it." Silverwing had already apologized for that and promised that she would keep to her own territory, was that not enough for the she-cat? "Wait, you're done? Just like that?" Silverwing watched as the Shadowclan cat turned to go, giant tail swishing as she turned. It was hard to resist the urge to reach out and touch it, even if just a little. Really hard. "You weren't doing anything when I came over, what could have come up in the few moments you've been speaking to me?" From her point of view, Harechaser was the rude one. Leaving in the middle of a conversation, not letting her have a turn with that tail, something else she was sure. "Our clans are gonna be allied soon, we should get to know each other better now rather than later, right?" Nah, Harechaser wasn't listening.

MORE ART!!:

Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed)   Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed) EmptyWed 7 Dec 2022 - 15:21

"Yes, done." Harechaser bit out sharply, "I value my time enough to not waste it on pointless conversations with rude cats." She paused just long enough to let the words sink in before she started walking towards the edge of fourtrees. "I don't know what my brother is thinking with that alliance, if Windclan is filled of cats like you." Harechaser added over her shoulder.

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC
T5 Elder
#702fd8
SwandiveRC
T3 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneykitSkC
Kit
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudkit [Bonus]WC
Kit
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed)   Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed) EmptyThu 15 Dec 2022 - 17:37

Oh, so she was listening then? That was good, Silverwing was done trying to get anywhere with Harechaser. She was just a typical Shadowclan cat, black hearted. "You are not done yet." Rising, Silverwing padded after the cat, making sure Harechaser heard every angry word she spat out. Rude, you're the one that's rude. Even when I was apologizing all you could do was insult me, and you only accepted because of someone else's ambitions? Does that not sound rude to you? I compliment you and you call it rude, I spend this entire conversation trying to be nice to you and one accidental question makes me rude? Let me make sure I'm being rude this time around when I say you're cruel. Your brother is a monster, and I hope Shrikestar comes to his senses and calls off this stupid alliance, if Shadowclan is full of cats like you then Shrikestar is only dooming Windclan by allying with Shadowclan." With all that said, Silverwing stopped following the she-cat. She had half a mind to just grab two pawfuls of that tail, or maybe she would be rude and yank on it, that would show Harechaser.

MORE ART!!:

Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed)   Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed) EmptyThu 15 Dec 2022 - 19:49

Harechaser only half-listened as the Windclanner whined and called her rude. She was a foxing hypocrite, and Harechaser didn't listen to hypocritical frogbrained idiots. "We hope for the same thing, at least." Harechaser sneered at her. "At least my leader can control his clanmates and keep them from bothering others. Unlike yours." And with that, she walked just a little faster to get away from this rude beech of a Windclanner. Her shoulders remained tense and her heart was beating fast. She hated conflict, but this one was determined to bring it out of her. It was for the best if she just left.

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC
T5 Elder
#702fd8
SwandiveRC
T3 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneykitSkC
Kit
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudkit [Bonus]WC
Kit
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed)   Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Wait a Minute, Symbolism? (Closed)
Page 1 of 1