Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

I'll Wait for You [Closed]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

I'll Wait for You [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: I'll Wait for You [Closed]   I'll Wait for You [Closed] EmptyFri 3 Nov 2017 - 1:20

His paws barely made a sound as they brushed against the earth of the moors. The black and white tom felt so out of place. He had learned to live among the trees and found the openness a bit unnerving. However, he felt like he needed to be here. At the last couple gathering, Brindlewhisker had been cold and distant. It had put the Skyclan deputy's mind restless. At night, more so then usual, his sleep rarely came. Rippedsky needed to speak with her, even if it meant putting himself at risk. However, he had thought it all through before leaving. The former Windclan tom had waited for the whole clan to be asleep before leaving. Perks of being the deputy were that his movements usually went unquestioned. His tail flickered anxiously as he found his path there.

Thankfully, he knew that all of Windclan would be sleeping. He took a big risk getting close to camp. As soon as he had set foot in Windclan territory, he rolled in every scent he could find. It quickly masked his own. The way to their camp took a bit, but eventually, he made it. Rippedsky stealthily worked his way around the edges of the camp to stand across from the warrior's den. He easily found her sleeping pelt. It rose and fell with a light sleep. Based on what he knew, her sleep was as light as his. So, he waited. The deputy's eyes eventually opened and he peaked his head just out of his hiding place behind as scruffy and mostly dead bush. Blue eyes shining with urgency, knowing how much at risk he was, the tom flicked his tail before ducking back out of view.

OCC; let the screeching begin
Back to top Go down
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Characters : Kestrelpaw ♀ | Jaypaw ♂ | Hawkpaw ♂
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan Apprentice | RiverClan Apprentice | SkyClan Apprentice
Libra Cat
Number of posts : 3278

PostSubject: Re: I'll Wait for You [Closed]   I'll Wait for You [Closed] EmptySun 5 Nov 2017 - 13:50

Despite the chill of the late Leaf-Fall weather, the majority of WindClan still happily remained sprawled out in the long grasses that fringed the edge of the camp, preferring the company of the stars over the cramped darkness of the nearby rabbit warrens. How other cats managed to sleep when cramming themselves into stuffy, crowded dens, she would never know. Brindlewhisker's head was resting comfortably atop Dewtuft's belly as she remained curled against her mate, only the occasional restless twitch signaling that she wasn't truly in a deep sleep.  Letting out a short sigh, the Deputy threw a forepaw around Dewtuft and wriggled so that her cheek was resting against his ribs. Ever since Rockthorn had managed to waltz into the camp all those moons ago, she had found herself constantly sleeping with one eye open, no matter the situation.

Despite the fact that she was sleeping, she was able to pick up the soft sounds of a cat clumsily moving about through the brittle grasses nearby, although she initially brushed it off as some cat going to make dirt and merely twitched her ear. However, after a few more long heartbeats of awkward shuffling, one of her eyes blearily slipped open to catch a glimpse at the cat who was clearly struggling in the grasses at the moment. Blinking several times to clear the sleep from her eyes, Brindlewhisker was surprised to catch sight of somewhat familiar blue eyes gleaming from a scraggly bush several tail lengths away. Even though she only stared at the other cat briefly before it vanished within the bush, but she could make out the black and white fur on the other cat's face well enough. Rippedsky.

Any remaining traces of sleep were swept away in a near-instantaneous maelstrom of fury that rose from deep within her belly. Resisting the urge to shake Dewtuft awake and yowl for the rest of the Clan, Brindlewhisker resigned to carefully and slowly disentangling herself from her mate's sleeping form after several long moments of thought. Quietly rising to her paws and cautiously slinking through the sleeping forms of her Clanmates, she hurriedly shouldered her way through the brittle bush after Rippedsky, hardly able to contain her rage. Just because she enjoyed his company at Gatherings didn't grant him the right to do something as incredibly rabbit-brained as this! Once the two Deputies were a safe distance from camp, Brindlewhisker turned on Rippedsky with bared teeth and eyes as hard as flint. "Have you gone mad?" She seethed, a hint of a snarl sharpening the edge of her words, "I ought to rip your ears from your head for pulling a stunt as foolish as this!"

I'll Wait for You [Closed] Img_0312
current characters | semi-return from inactivity
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: I'll Wait for You [Closed]   I'll Wait for You [Closed] EmptyMon 6 Nov 2017 - 0:42

Rippedsky followed after Brindlewhisker. He did not make a sound until they were far enough away from camp. It wasn't until they stopped that he realized he had been holding a breath. Before he could say anything to the Windclan deputy, she rounded on him. There was no surprise to her reaction, but his ears flattened against his head. Hearing his friend snarl was not the most comforting of sounds. He just barely kept himself from flinching away at her words. Instead, he stood his ground and met her gaze. The black and white tom did not want her to think he had come here with any ill intent; that was not the case at all. Nor did he want her to believe that he had been as stupid as to just waltz into enemy territory without covering his tracks.

"You might as well be rip my ears off with how you've been acting at the gatherings..." The tom mumbled softly. Despite the quiet tone, he did not falter under her anger or step away, rather he finally stood to face it. For the past few moons since they had spoken, and since she had taken on Dewtuft as a mate, she had been cold and distance. It had gone on for quite some time while he just took it at the gatherings. There was no way any cat could know they held a sort of friendship outside of their deputy positions. While it was nothing like they were mates, there would still be a revival of the questioning of his loyalty. That was the last thing he wanted from the clan. But, there was no harm in having a relationship with a cat from Windclan. Besides, Skyclan would always come first, right? He nodded just slightly to himself before continuing.

"You don't need to worry I covered my scent. No one will know I was here." Rippedsky managed to keep a neutral tone as he stood up against the livid she-cat. His claws kneaded the earth below them as the wind brushed gently over the moors. He felt a slight shiver go up his spine. The urge to cough itched at his throat. Whatever the sickness was that had begun growing in him did not seem to be fading yet. It occurred to him just then that it was a miracle he had not been wheezing outside of Windclan's camp. With the realization, he found his chest contracting once more into another short cough. However, he gritted his teeth and kept the rest in. There was no way he wanted to get Brindlewhisker sick while he was here. He made a mental note to visit Rabbitfoot and Oceanlight once more in the morning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'll Wait for You [Closed]   I'll Wait for You [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

I'll Wait for You [Closed]
Page 1 of 1