Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2299

hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC] Empty
PostSubject: hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC]   hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC] EmptySun 20 Nov 2022 - 11:44

After the… encounter with Nightstar, Russetpaw had decided that, well, if WindClan was going to be allies with ShadowClan, shouldn’t they know each other a bit more? She didn’t know any ShadowClan cats… or cats from any other Clan… and maybe, the way he’d talked, as if WindClan’s safety totally depended on him… well, it made her fur prickle. She didn’t like it. WindClan- WindClan was allies with ShadowClan because both of them benefited the other, not because ‘oh ShadowClan please save us!’

Yet surely not all ShadowClan cats were like that. Their pelts- aye, they were mostly black or tortie, but she’d seen some white and tabby and even orange colors amongst the ShadowClanners. Maybe their personalities differed like their pelts?

So today, today Russetpaw had waited until dusk, when WindClan was winding down to sleep. She thought she’d seen Sleepypaw herding Fuzzykit away from the other Clans, but she wasn’t sure- but if Sleepypaw was busy, she didn’t want to bother her… but if she wasn’t, she’d likely see Russetpaw and follow regardless.

Slowly, Russetpaw stretched. Then, slowly, she meandered over to ShadowClan’s side of the clearing, where cats were sitting in groups sharing tongues, like most did. Picking a ShadowClanner that didn’t seem too awfully scary, Russetpaw picked her way up to them.

“‘Eya,” with a respectful dip of her head, just in case. “I’m Russetpaw, what’s your name?” She kept her tone friendly, albeit respectful, and she’d groomed her pelt earlier, so hopefully this would go well.
Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Characters : [SC]Heatherberry| [TC]Vinecrawler | [SKC] Peatkit | [WC] Moosekit | [R] Grub Jr
Clan/Rank : [H]T3 BT MC / T4 MC | [V]T5 Warrior | [GJ] T1 Rogue | [P] Kit | [M] Apprentice
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 4554

PostSubject: Re: hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC]   hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC] EmptySun 20 Nov 2022 - 13:40

Harrierpaw had been busy cleaning the mud from her fur when a cat with an interesting scent padded up. Half her fur still muddied and matted, she returned the friendly greeting although extremely embarrassed. "I'm Harrierpaw!" To be very honest, Harrierpaw wasn't very up to date with who was even in her own clan, unfortunately.

But she did know what her peers smelled like, and that scent was not on Russetpaw. Her green eyes flooded with curiosity and a thousand questions, but she didnt want to seem weird to a possible new friend. "Sorry about my appearance. A lot happened on the way here, you know." She laughed nervously before tearing bits of moss and stray splinters from her overgrown claws. "It's my first time being here so... Which clan are you from?"

won't you shake a poor sinners hand?:

hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC] JPzjwJV hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC] JPzNeMg hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC] JGg2mwx hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC] JPzwPEb hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC] JPzwXQn

hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC] JcTsSP1  hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC] JcnAVnI hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC] JaZZNs4
click photos for profiles | sprites by Aspen!
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC]   hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC] EmptySun 20 Nov 2022 - 13:50

Okay, so, apparently she’d chosen correctly! This cat- although she honestly looked a mess and Russetpaw mentally berated herself for taking so much time to groom her pelt when it turned out she didn’t even need to- this cat was nice! Russetpaw perked up, her attitude changing from formal-respectfully-ity-ness-pls-don’t-kill-me-or-start-a-war-over-this to her typical friend-lets-go! demeanor, shifting from paw to paw and not even trying to stand still.

“Nice ta’ meetcha, ‘arrierpaw! Ah, that’s a’right, I was all dusty-like when we came here, but someone made me clean off. OhmyStarClan, it’s my first time being here too! I was all like ‘aaaaaaaa’ at first- oh, right, yeah, I’m from WindClan! An’ I already know you’re from ShadowClan, me an’ Sleepypaw (that’s my friend, Sleeps) ran into Nightstar so I know your scent!”

Russetpaw abruptly cut herself off- gotta let the other cat get in a say. She was full of questions, hopefully the other apprentice wouldn’t mind? Surely not, she seemed like a nice cat.
Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Characters : Sleepyhollow | Echosong | Foxtrot | Fawneye | Stagpaw | Weaver
Clan/Rank : WC |TC | SkC | RC | SC
Aries Dragon
Number of posts : 682

PostSubject: Re: hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC]   hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC] EmptySun 20 Nov 2022 - 19:14

Sleepypaw would be lying through her teeth if she said she was tired of following Fuzzkit around. It made her nearly one hundred percent sure she didn't want kits. At least not until she was a highly seasoned warrior.

"If you look at Riverclan's fish pile one more time, I swear to Starclan, I'll shave all your fur off 'til my claws are dull." she mewed, hoping she sounded stern enough for him. Sleepy took a second to groom her fur but when there was no response from the guy her fur raised on the back of her neck, "Fuzzybutt?" she called, looking around her general vicinity for him. She didn't look that hard for him. But she did get up off her paws and circle around the Windclan area of Fourtrees, her eyes scanning the crowds of cats for a big fluffy ball.

OH-there was someone. Not Mr. Fuzzkit but instead, Russetpaw! Sweet relief. Looking one more time around her general area, she approached her friend and the other apprentice.

Sleepypaw slumped down next to the two of them, and huffed loudly, "Have either of you seen a big grey thing about....this tall?" she questioned holding out a paw around Fuzzkits height. The calico laughed a little bit but was clearly exhausted, "My name's Sleepypaw also known as Sleeps." she purred waving her tail in greeting. Taking in Harrierpaws state of...pelt..Sleepypaw raised an eyebrow. "You uh got a little somethin' on ya." As she said it she looked a little harder at the other apprentice's pelt and realized she was covered in mud and terribly matted, "Well kinda a lot of somethings." she admitted.

"speech."

we're off to never-never land —— info.

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Characters : [SC]Heatherberry| [TC]Vinecrawler | [SKC] Peatkit | [WC] Moosekit | [R] Grub Jr
Clan/Rank : [H]T3 BT MC / T4 MC | [V]T5 Warrior | [GJ] T1 Rogue | [P] Kit | [M] Apprentice
Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC]   hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC] EmptyMon 21 Nov 2022 - 21:48

The sudden change of energy finally made Harrierpaw pause her grooming. "You've met Nightstar?" She did recall her leader and a few others leaving camp one day, though she didn't care to ask questions at the time. "I've never heard anyone talk like you before- Do all Windclan cats speak like you?"

At Sleepypaw's question, Harrierpaw's own question seemed to be answered almost immediately.
"Sorry, I havent seen any cat like that yet!" Though the black she-cats ears heated up when Sleepypaw pointed how disheveled Harrierpaw looked. "Yea I uh... There was a lot going on before we got here.. haha... ha..." Maybe she should have hidden somewhere to make herself more presentable after all... Nightstar's blood still speckled her face and the small white patch on her chest. Not her best look, admittedly.

hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC] JPzjwJV hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC] JPzNeMg hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC] JGg2mwx hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC] JPzwPEb hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC] JPzwXQn

hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC] JcTsSP1  hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC] JcnAVnI hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC] JaZZNs4
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC]   hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC] EmptyTue 22 Nov 2022 - 5:51

Suddenly, Sleepypaw appeared! Russetpaw beamed, waving her tail at her friend, giggling a bit at her joke. Fuzzkit was… a pawful, to say the least. Then- “Sleepypaw! That’s rude,” Russetpaw squawked, ears flicking back. “Wh-what if that was ’ow all ShadowClanners looked, ta hide from t’ evil muck monsters or someat.” She gave the other apprentice a nudge in the ribcage, just to make sure she got her message.

She turned back to Harrierpaw with an apologetic grimace. ”Sorry. Erm, I dunno? Don’t think so, though, jus’ me an’ my family, some other cats-like too. No, no, we met Nightstar when Fuzzbutt-“ a giggle- “-that’s Fuzzkit, really, but he’s such a hassle- stole some prey from your pile? Kinda on accident but… I don’t think he really would’ve cared regardless? So Nightstar came and was all scary-like an’ then we gave him a rabbit to make up for it.And dunnae worry ‘bout your pelt, either, mine’s usually worse but when I made up m’ mind ta talk to one of you ShadowClanners, I wanted to look all nice an’ presentable. Sleeps can attest ta that!” she purred.
Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC]   hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC] EmptyFri 25 Nov 2022 - 9:46

Sleepypaw hissed in protest as she was nudged in the ribs, “I was just curious. I wasn’t trying to be rude.” was her grumbled response.  Much monsters? She had heard they had a lot of snacks, toads and things like that but she hadn’t heard of any much monsters. That would be fun to see!

Russetpaw had a knack for storytelling, that was for sure. Her re-telling of the Fuzzkit events made it seem more scary than it was but she had to admit Nightstar was quite intimidating. She hoped she could only have a shred of his ability to command a room when she was his age. How old was that guy anyways? “Yeah, don’t worry about your pelt. We can help ya get the tough matted parts out if ya really want.” She offered. If she was going to be rude she might as well try and make up for it. Pulse she would much rather help out Harrierpaw than clean out the elders nest.

"speech."

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC]   hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC] EmptySat 26 Nov 2022 - 14:50

Harrierpaw's eyes closed as she laughed, for real this time. If only she'd been there to see Nightstar's reaction to that! "I bet that was a real spectacle! Wish I had been there. Nightstar might seem scary but he... Well, he is scary. But he's nice too. Don't tell anyone, though." She was serious on that last bit. "Nah I'll have to pass on that one for now, Sleepypaw. Thanks for offering, though. Maybe I'll take you up on that later." She appreciated Russetpaw being apologetic about the whole thing and gave a quick nod of thanks.

But muck monsters? Now that was an idea. Harrierpaw's face suddenly got serious. "But... there ARE monsters in ShadowClan." She lowered her voice, ears going back as she leaned in closer. "You think we sleep during the day by choice? They can't see at night. But you can hear them groaning during the day if you reeaalllyyy listen closely." She had no idea how much these two knew of ShadowClan, but she wont back down on this joke.

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC]   hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC] EmptySun 27 Nov 2022 - 10:36

“Scary-like but nice too? Heh, sounds like Shrikestar, though the nice-bit’s more like… I dunno, really. Curiosity killed the cat, eh Sleeps?” she nudged her friend again with a grin, though more gently this time. Nightstar? Nice? She doubted it. He was just scary- real scary’like. Russetpaw groomed down the fur on her shoulder real quick, getting rid of some of the most spiky bits as she settled into the conversation. Harrierpaw seemed nice, if a bit… dirty, to say the least. But the circumstances were hardly ordinary anyways, so she wouldn’t hold it against the other apprentice- though she didn’t really think she’d hold it against her regardless. Russetpaw was hardly the epitome of cleanliness herself, after all.

Suddenly, Harrierpaw leaned in with a spooky hiss, and Russetpaw drew back, ears pinned and eyes wide. Wha- monsters? Real ‘uns? “R-really? Ya- really? Oooh… I ain’t never going near ShadowClan territory- what’d they look like, an’ why don’t they cross the Thunderpath into our territory? We’ve never had trouble with monsters, leastaways not day-time ones.”
Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC]   hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC] EmptySun 27 Nov 2022 - 15:15

Sleepypaw laughed with Harrierpaw, thinking back on the whole debacle, it was quite hilarious. But in the moment..sheesh! It took her back to when her father would scold them as kits. Maybe that was why she respected Nightstar so much-because he reminded her of Shrike. It seemed like the scariest warriors and leaders in their hearts were some of the most honest and trustworthy cats around.

In succession, Sleepypaw reared back from Harrierpaw. Monsters? For real? Sleepypaw was immediately suspicious. She was more of the 'see it to believe it' type. And if she hadn't seen 'em they didn't exist as far as she knew. "You gotta be pullin' my tail." she huffed, a smile on her maw.

"speech."

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC]   hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC] EmptyThu 1 Dec 2022 - 9:43

Harrierpaw thought about it for a moment. "They're HUGE! And fast. If you ever get spotted by one, it's over." It was taking everything within her to not start shaking from the laughter she was swallowing back. Russetpaw was so much fun... Harrierpaw decided that she liked this cat. "I wish I was pulling your tail, Sleepypaw! Those beasts scare even ShadowClan, it's a miracle that even we can live there. It would be a shame if someone of a different Clan even glanced past out border..." She glanced between the two WindClan apprentices. Even if they didn't fully believe her, she would never admit the truth!

"Promise me you'll never set paw past ShadowClan's border! I'd hate to find out you were eaten by those Muck Monsters."

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC]   hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC] EmptyThu 1 Dec 2022 - 10:04

Russetpaw’s jaw dropped as Harrierpaw continued. F-for real? “No-no way,” she protested, but she was obviously completely taken in. Muck monsters. Fast. Deadly. Hungry. She wondered what they looked like- mucky, obviously. Muddy? Dusty? Bigger than a cat, a fox, a monster even? Were they brown, or black? Did they have fur or scales, or could one even tell?

“No, no way! Not me! Right, Sleeps?” she nudged her friend, but… of ShadowClan had monsters… maybe she could make up some WindClan monsters? It- would it be fair? Harrierpaw’s were real, of that she had no doubt… but maybe she wouldn’t notice if Russetpaw made some up?

“Ya know, WindClan has monsters, too- great, overgrown worms as big as a cat that prowl the dens and burrows… waiting for a cat to wriggle in after a rabbit… mouths full of teeth!” she unsheathed her claws, digging them into the earth, hoping to scare the other- and hoping Sleepypaw would back her up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC]   hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC] Empty

Back to top Go down

hey aren’t we supposed to be friends? [OPEN to SC/WC]
Page 1 of 1