Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Fighting My Anguish [solo battle]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1478

Fighting My Anguish [solo battle] Empty
PostSubject: Fighting My Anguish [solo battle]   Fighting My Anguish [solo battle] EmptyFri 30 Sep 2022 - 6:02

(OOC: Please correct me if I made any mistakes!)

Duskflight

It was so predictable, yet sorrowful to realize. Accidents were bound to happen, one recently being Roseburn's encounter with a badger — and she had just barely been able to make it out alive. Luckily, Nightstar and Swiftheart interfered. He feared what could've happened if they didn't. A young cat like her still had so much more to learn. But with him, he was one of the senior warriors in ShadowClan. He knew what he was up with, facing such predators. They surpassed his skill, and he would need to have the lives like Nightstar to achieve such tasks. So, he opted for something just as threatening — on a slightly lower scale.

There was a predator he hadn't been able to defeat. The memory flashed by his mind, trailing all the way back to when he had been out hunting a fox with Emberleap. They worked so well. Still, he had to rely mostly on his mentor's help to narrowly take down the creature. Now that he was stronger, more experienced, and skilled, he ought to go for another try. And so, he had spent the following days tracking a fox down. And this would finally be it.

Skillfully lurking in the shadows behind a bush, he watched as the fox sniffed around for berries, its tail wagging every once in a while. Tail tip flicking, his ominous green eyes watched it with careful observance, preparing to attack. Eventually, it would move closer and closer, until — he leaped out of the bush with outstretched claws, its figure and his colliding against each other as he bowled the fox over. It gave a sharp screech in surprise, its claws frantically swiping to get him off, and Duskflight managed to leap back, only suffering a small scar as a result.

Duskflight used Jumping Strike for 7 SP, dealing 13 (10+3) damage!

Duskflight
70/70 HP
153/160 SP (-7)

Fox
47/60 HP (-13)
180/180 SP

Now aware of his presence, the fox snarled, its tail lashing in a fit of fury and rage. It bore its teeth out to him, and Duskflight returned it a stern glare. Leaping to him, it delivered a blinding, unthinkable jolting pain to the tom's front leg. He yelped, yowling in pain as the smell of his own blood mixed with the beast's filled the air. Horrifying sounds of cracks erupt from the bite where the fox had been clenching at, and hissing back, he slashed his claws over its face. Finally letting go, his leg screamed with aching, petrifying pain. His body wanted to run and return to shelter with fear — but the tom was determined to no longer let it overtake him.

Fox used Iron Bite for 30 SP, dealing 17 damage!
Duskflight used Front Paw Strike for 7 SP, dealing 10 damage!

Duskflight
53/70 HP (-17)
146/160 SP (-7)

Fox
37/60 HP (-10)
150/180 SP (-30)

Whimpering in pain, the warrior had been lucky enough to manage to scratch over the creature's eye just earlier, temporarily blinding it. With one eye left, it had a disadvantage. It lunged again for the same wound, biting with the apparent same force — and while excruciating the pain was, he learned to react quicker this time, his claws scratching its maw as it was forced to let go. Holding his front leg up in pain, he dived towards the fox, his teeth gripping its tail, and bit down harshly, sharply knocking it over. Caught by surprise yet again, it fell to the ground, dazed.

Duskflight used Tail Yank for 15 SP, dealing 10 damage! Fox is stunned for one turn.

Duskflight
36/70 HP (-17)
131/160 SP (-15)

Fox (stunned)
27/60 HP (-10)
120/180 SP (-30)

As it stumbled and froze in shock, he went in for another move. I'm doing it — I'm actually doing it! As the fight dragged on, the fox seemed to stand no chance against his rapid attacks. He may have gotten injured once, but he was fighting much better than how he was before. Besides, this is also helping the clan get rid of another predator roaming around. Teeth snapping on its leg for revenge, it squealed, pulling away, and got back on its paws. Now conscious and ready to fight, the beast lunged to severely injure his face, widening its dangerously sharp row of teeth to snap on his torso. Torment clinging itself onto him, Duskflight couldn't tell who would be the winner — he was just as exhausted.

Duskflight used Snap for 7 SP, dealing 10 damage!

Duskflight
19/70 HP (-17)
124/160 SP (-7)

Fox
17/60 HP (-10)
90/180 SP (-30)

His vision began to slowly blur, and Duskflight panted heavily, trembling with his leg struggling to be held up. I'm almost there. Just a bit more. The stench of blood and continuous growls from the two seemed to scare every critter away. Its thick, metallic scent shrouded his nose, and he could only attempt to restabilize himself as he prepared for another attack. Head shaking, the fox didn't seem to give up, even if it was shrouded in injuries. It sprung itself onto his back, fangs clutching tightly on his ear. Pulsing and bleeding, he managed to wrestle it down — but not without another injury. Nearly half of his ear torn, he let out another loud yowl. Blood spilled from the injury, and he could feel his ear ringing and throbbing. Planning to lunge for a final attack, he reared up on his hindlegs, slamming both paws down on the fox's head as hard as he could — the impact on his broken leg shaking and bruised with agony.

Duskflight used Upright Lock and Desperate Blows for 17 (10+7) SP, dealing 18 (12+6) damage!
Fox had been KO'ED!

Duskflight
19/70 HP
107/160 SP (-17)

Fox (KO'ED!)
-1/60 HP (-18)
90/180 SP

Finally, finally, the fox seemed no longer capable of fighting back. It was slammed to the ground, its helpless body unable to make an escape. Its stubbornness to flee had led it to this situation, and with its final breaths, it lay unmoving on the ground. Duskflight allowed himself to fall down, to breathe in the sense of victory he was willing to bet his life on. With such a predator making him this exhausted alone, the tom couldn't long for anything more than rest. He'd earned it. His entire body begged him to lay and continue resting, but his mind knew better than to be prey to any other visiting predators.

And soon, with this pelt, it'd be a sign of overcoming his fears. His struggles, his bravery, and his willingness to challenge a predator — would all be proven.

Carrying the limp body of the fox, soon, Duskflight would be seen with a fox pelt over his scar-ridden back. For now, he needed to get back. As soon as possible.

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart
Back to top Go down

Fighting My Anguish [solo battle]
Page 1 of 1