Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

But That's None Of My Business [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1024

But That's None Of My Business [c] Empty
PostSubject: But That's None Of My Business [c]   But That's None Of My Business [c] EmptySat 24 Sep 2022 - 0:52

Stormdance

Stormdance gave a friendly nod to the other warrior he was patrolling with before he crossed the river. The other warrior settled down on the rocks near the river’s edge, setting up to hunt the fish rapidly passing by. Stormdance wandered a little further into Sunningrocks proper to see if there were any other prey lurking about, and, while he was at it, do a quick pass of the Thunderclan border.

Spotting a shrew scuttling about, Stormdance was quick to drop into a hunter’s crouch, approaching slowly and preparing to pounce, when rustling on the other side of the border caught both his and the shrew’s attention. He sat up straight, looking over to see the source of the noise.

He was almost surprised when it was just a single warrior, so used to the rules put in place to protect Riverclan from predators. After a moment, he vaguely recognized the other tom. They hadn’t spoken personally but he remembered the Thunderclan warrior speaking to Blazefang at the past two gatherings. He could still recall the way the warrior’s sharp blue eyes bore into him.

“Good afternoon,” He greeted calmly, dipping his head. “I hope all is well.” He was on guard, but so long as the warrior didn’t cross the border, there shouldn’t be any problem.  

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2501

PostSubject: Re: But That's None Of My Business [c]   But That's None Of My Business [c] EmptyMon 26 Sep 2022 - 20:34

dc5spdi-223fd39d-435b-4221-abe4-868d044d66bfDayquill

Other than his frequent trips to Fourtrees, Dayquill had also picked up a habit of ranging around Sunningrocks. Whenever his paws lead him there, he couldn't help but flicker through memories of the dark-pelted RiverClan warrior that had attacked him for trespassing, or of the ruddy molly who had been happy just to join him in sunbathing. Exceedingly opposed reactions, and it always made him a little nervous that there was the chance of running into the same tom who had sent him crawling back to camp, or a warrior equally aggressive. For some reason, he still couldn't keep his paws away from the stony shore.

As he drew nearer, Dayquill kept himself buried in the foliage, surveying the rocks carefully to see if anyone else would approach. And, just his luck, someone did-- a short gray tom, come splashing out of the river to stand on the exact stones Dayquill had been planning on enjoying. The ThunderClanner's ears twitched in disappointment; he'd been hoping to enjoy some peace and quiet, but as usual, that wasn't in the cards for him. He was about to turn and head back the way he'd come, not wanting to be disruptive, but a longer look made the warrior's face fire off some distant recognition. That'd been the tom who'd been talking to Blazefang a few Gatherings ago. For some reason, that made Dayquill burn with irritation and... jealousy. His tail whipped once, and the rustling sound was enough to draw attention to him. He blinked owlishly, almost surprised at being seen, before stepping slowly out of the brush cover.

"Hello," Dayquill mewed, and it was the iciest his voice had ever been. He offered no nod in return to the RiverClanner's polite gesture. "I know you. I saw you talking to Blazefang a season or so ago." The golden tom's narrowed into chilled slits, and his muscles tensed until his body went rigid as he stared Stormdance down. "You certainly looked... comfortable with her. I hope not too comfortable. I would, uh, very strongly caution you against that." Despite the mild stammer, there was no illusion of friendliness to his words.

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: But That's None Of My Business [c]   But That's None Of My Business [c] EmptyTue 27 Sep 2022 - 2:31

Stormdance

Stormdance blinked, dazed at the icy response from the warrior, who's name he didn't even know. What does... Blazefang have to do with anything? Why does this random Thunderclan warrior care if he talks to his friend, who he'd been friends with for an awfully long time now? What does getting 'too comfortable' with Blazefang even mean? He could tell Dayquil was insinuating something, but stars if Stormdance understood what that something was.

"Uh...." Was the only intelligent response Stormdance could think of for a long moment. "I'm sorry, what are you talking about?" He finally asked bluntly. "Blazefang's my friend." He said the words with a bit of irritation, annoyed at the implication that he should stop communicating with someone just because this random Thunderclanner wanted him too. "The- The time you're referring to I was passing on the death of a family member, would you have preferred I didn't do that?" He shook his head, tail twitching with irritation.

He stared at the warrior for another long beat, and then it finally hit him.

Is this warrior implying that Stormdance had romantic feelings for Blazefang?? Stormdance had never had romantic feelings for anyone, much less a cat from a completely different clan whom he only spoke to once a month at most! He cared deeply for Blazefang as a friend, but... romance? Romance was never something that had really been in his orbit before. He'd never had the time to think about it, or even be close enough to other cats to really consider it. Rowanpaw teased him about his relationship with Brookstone a lot, but they were just best friends. Right?

...Right???

Finding himself once more in a daze, Stormdance repeated, "What are you talking about?"

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2501

PostSubject: Re: But That's None Of My Business [c]   But That's None Of My Business [c] EmptyWed 5 Oct 2022 - 23:36

dc5spdi-223fd39d-435b-4221-abe4-868d044d66bfDayquill

Unfortunately, despite the brief bravado he’d managed to muster up, this RiverClanner had him beat by sheer… was it really ignorance? Or was it only being feigned? Dayquill’s eyes narrowed, widened, and narrowed again. Blazefang was his friend, alright– suppose she was allowed to have friends, yeah, and he had been kind enough to deliver the news of her sister’s passing, Dayquill certainly couldn’t argue with that. But– but still! It was the principle, he told himself determinedly. Even though his jaw could only work itself up and down while they stupidly stared at each other. Surely there was some sort of principle he was standing on. Right?

”Well, I- well, sure, you can be her friend, but you know, just…” Dayquill shrugged. The hostility he’d opened with ebbed away into his usual awkward self, just for a moment. It came back with a spark, but it was far less intimidating than his introduction. Instead, his voice squeaked petulantly as he went on, ”Well, I’m talking about- you know, don’t get too comfortable with her! I’m sure you’re great friends, or whatever, you know, and okay yes I do appreciate you telling her about her family that one time but– but… she’s spoken for. Obviously. So don’t try to get any closer! Stay friends!” He put a paw down firmly, as if to illustrate his point. ”Blazefang is going to be with me, you know, so just, uh, stay out of it, yeah? Beyond, uhm, being… friends.”

Dayquill blinked twice, dumbly, big blue eyes widening into near moons. Had he just spat out at some random RiverClan warrior that he and Blazefang were mates when they weren’t? Even if he kind of really wanted them to be but hadn’t yet got the courage to actually ask? Nevermind his lack of courage, had he really just told a random RiverClan warrior? Dayquill straightened himself out, puffing his chest and angling his ears sharply forward. Maybe if he looked big and scary enough, the gray tom would just run off and forget he’d heard anything at all.

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: But That's None Of My Business [c]   But That's None Of My Business [c] EmptyThu 6 Oct 2022 - 18:41

Stormdance

Stormdance stared at Dayquil for a long moment, letting the silence stretch between them. "Good... for you two?" Was finally what Stormdance managed. Despite his bafflement, his lips started to twitch up in amusement. This conversation was just so ridiculous, Stormdance could hardly take himself or the puffed up, worked up warrior in front of him seriously. What were they even talking about? 

Something felt off about Dayquil mentioning becoming Blazefang's mate, but for the moment Stormdance couldn't really think of it, as focused as he was on deciphering... well, whatever stars-cursed thing is happening here.

"I have no interest in romance." Stormdance said. "With Blazefang or otherwise. And I'm certainly not looking outside my clan for that." His tail twitched. "Not that that is particularly any of your business, nor is whatever is going on between you two any of mine, but you are more than welcome to carry on with your..." Stormdance's mind went blank for a moment as he tried to think of the word, until a memory popped into his mind. Deciding to borrow a term from Rowanpaw, Stormdance finished his sentence with, "...Canoodling."

"What's your name, anyway?" Stormdance said. "I do care about Blazefang as a friend, and so I would prefer it if I could be on good terms with her future mate." The way his lips twitched could only be called a smirk, unusual for Stormdance, but stars he was just so lost and at this point he's just welcoming it. At least if he's going to be lost as to what's going on, he's dragging this Thunderclanner down with him. 

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: But That's None Of My Business [c]   But That's None Of My Business [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

But That's None Of My Business [c]
Page 1 of 1