Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza]

Go down 
+2
Mistpelt
Kitty
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ginger

ginger

Characters : Mintpool of Thunderclan | Hollyshine of Skyclan | Cinderkit of Shadowclan
Number of posts : 687

Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza]   Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza] - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2022 3:32 am

Mintpool stepped behind her mother, taking the time to truly feel the soil beneath her paws— for once. The patrol was lively this morning. But not in a bad way. No… not at all. The tenseness in her shoulders softened, gradually, as they made their way.

Her eyes kept being drawn to their two apprentices, though she kept quiet. They… weren’t used to walking yet, it seemed. Especially Eveningpaw. She subtly watched the black and white apprentice’s gait in particular, brows drawing in.

It was an injury — not like Mintpool’s. And it was a hind leg, as well… Hmm, she considered, deep in her thoughts; she turned it over in her head. He is likely to be steadier than me… but ultimately less fast. Does it bring him pain?

She winced, as the young tom seemed to fall slightly behind — and then catch up with a determined expression. Mintpool felt a sudden surge of kinship. She knew that pain. Intimately.

(It wouldn’t get better.)

Not if he pressed it.

Mintpool bit back an instinctive, concerned mew, and instead merely vowed to keep an eye on him the way back. It was his choice. (The moment he seemed to need true help, though, she’d be close by.) It isn’t something to be ashamed of. But then they arrived. Flicking her ear, she was distracted by Mottlerose’s words.

They were here. Mama got her attention easily, and with only a brief glance at Eveningpaw — and, to some extent, Speckle — she followed. They will be alright. She was here to hunt, after all.

And she watched, keen-eyed, as her mother snatched a bird — almost effortlessly. And so much like a Thunderclan cat. As they all were, now. Her mom’s new name proved it, as did the healthy glow surrounding her. Mintpool felt that same, familiar relief at the sight. She smiled at her mom — and then raised her ears. It only took a moment for Mintpool herself to identify the soft sound, not far, and to return with a mouse in her jaws.

She placed her catch beside Clouddream’s, and then opened her mouth to say something, when the sounds of — something, came from nearbye. A predator? She stiffened, suddenly thinking of the fox she’d run into… and the two vulnerable apprentices… Like I had been. She could almost smell its breath… and felt herself harden. “I think they need our help. Mom!”

Mintpool | Thunderclan T3 Warrior | 45/90 | Shamrock #33cc66
Cinderkit | Shadowclan Kit | 10/30 | DarkGray | #87CEEB
Hollyshine | Skyclan Tier 3 Warrior | 50/120 | Crimson #cc0000

Last edited by ginger on Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15018

PostSubject: Re: Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza]   Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza] - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2022 3:32 am

The member 'ginger' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza] - Page 2 Mistpe10
Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza] - Page 2 Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Memories

Memories

Characters : [Fi]nchkit
Clan/Rank : [Fi] ThunderClan Kit
Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 1128

PostSubject: Re: Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza]   Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza] - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2022 4:08 am

CLOUDDREAM
-

Clouddream purred, nodding at Mintpool as her daughter caught the mouse with ease. She flicked her white tail just before she heard a shriek. She ran to the front of the stone log, widening her eyes. "Mintpool, there's an owl!" Her voice was hushed but she was sure her daughter could hear her even when she was further away. "Specklepaw is on the ground, Comfreyheart is being attacked, Mottlerose is attacking it... Eveningpaw isn't in sight." She reported. "We have to help them!"

Before Mintpool could say anything, she focused on the predator and leaped, sinking her teeth into it's feathers and clamping down on it's wing. Upon feeling her paws touch the ground, she dug her claws into it, keeping her steady.

I'm not letting go unless I have to. Clouddream thought, determined to keep her hold. With one movement, the owl could easily shake her off to attack, but she still held on anyway, this fact not a thought in her mind.

Clouddream used Snap! Dealing -8 HP (Owl) and -7 HP (Clouddream)

Clouddream -

50/50 HP
110/120 SP (-7)

Specklepaw -
15/15 HP
17/30 SP

Mottlerose -
50/50 HP
110/120 SP

Comfreyheart -
16/30 HP
52/80 SP

Owl -
8/30 HP (-8 HP)
75/90 SP

Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Ploverwing, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetkit, Maggot
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1412

PostSubject: Re: Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza]   Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza] - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2022 7:56 pm

The owl's advantage over the wounded warrior soon vanished as many more cats came to aid in the battle. The owl was clawed or batted around too many times for its liking, and quickly went into defense mode. Screeching and clawing, it even tried beat its wings against their furry heads. Eventually it slipped out of their grasp, leaving a storm of feathers in its place.

The Owl has fled!

After the battle was over, Comfreyheart found the strength to get on her feet once more, despite the sting and ache of her side. The molly ignored it, and surveyed the cats around her. "Thank you," she said simply to Mottlerose and Clouddream before noticing her brother looking worse for wear. "Are you okay Specklepaw?" she called, wincing once while moving over to him. Comfreyheart twisted to judge her injured flank. She discovered a string of dark red, presumably where the owl had sliced her. Hope that heals well. Turning her focus away towards Specklepaw, she helped support him. The molly didn't care if her brother protested, she was going to make sure he would be okay to walk. Comfreyheart looked to Mottlerose, waiting for her words.

- Plotting | Chart | Profiles -

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

PostSubject: Re: Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza]   Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza] - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2022 8:47 pm

With the owl having fled, the warrior now could assess what all had happened. Her gaze surveyed everyone who had been involved, and while thankfully, it was only Comfreyheart who had sustained a direct attack... still, more than just the dark-pelted molly seemed to be injured. "Comfreyheart, Specklepaw, are you guys alright?" She first asked out of habit, immediately checking over whatever visible injuries seemed to be sustained. It seemed like a wound that would heal, but one that she didn't want to keep her out messing with.

In terms of Specklepaw, it was rather easy for the mentor to notice he seemed frazzled at the least. She looked over at the rest of the hunting patrol, and as the one they seemed to be turning to for advice... she had to make a decision. "Anyone who is injured, I'll lead you back to camp. Anyone who is uninjured and just a bit exhausted, gather up whatever prey may have been caught. We're going to head back to camp for now." With her opting to directly assist those injured back to camp, Mottlerose determined it would be best not to leave them out here. Sure, the owl had been smart enough to flee once practically being dogpiled... but she didn't want to risk anymore lives or injuries. They had caught plenty for now, anyways.

Turning directly to Comfreyheart, the motherly tortoiseshell had a look of concern. "If I help Specklepaw, will you be alright to walk? If not, lean on me, alright?" She said, her amber eyes displaying a clear concern. Once she was satisfied by Comfreyheart's response, her attention would go squarely to her apprentice. "You've done awesome today, Specklepaw. But I know when is time to keep pushing, and when not. I'll help you back to camp, and we can go back out tomorrow, alright?" It was certainly a delicate case. She never wanted to deal a blow to Specklepaw's pride, as he had worked so hard. But physical limitations did bring themselves in their way, and she wanted to work with him as best as possible.

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

Characters : Mintpool of Thunderclan | Hollyshine of Skyclan | Cinderkit of Shadowclan
Number of posts : 687

PostSubject: Re: Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza]   Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza] - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 05, 2022 2:59 pm

Mintpool heard her mom clearly, and nodded fiercely. They’re not small enough to be carried off. Thank Starclan. But they could still be hurt. The gray warrior only gave a moment’s glance to their prey before racing after her mother.

The struggle was slightly frantic, but Mintpool’s height allowed her to quickly verify that no one seemed seriously injured; her mom dealt with the owl with an efficient, vicious bite, tearing it off Comfreyheart. (It still, sometimes, felt a little jarring to see her mother fight, and with such ruthless agility. I’m used to her being so fragile… but she’s not anymore, and she hasn’t been. It was like meeting a new version of her mother — and it was a good thing… I’m happy for her… I am. It just felt so new.) Feathers fluttered down as the owl fled — nearly flying over her — but Mintpool let it go, biting for it only half-heartedly. Her mother had already taken care of it. ”Go back to your nest,” she said with a cool stare.

They had likely disturbed it. But still.

She shook her head, staring after it to ensure it flew far, when Mottlerose decided to end the patrol. Mintpool flicked her ear, and looked questioningly at her mom. Unspoken, she asked, ’Should we go back with them?’ It was Mottlerose’s patrol, and with a glance at Specklepaw and a thought for Eveningpaw, Mintpool agreed… But we could keep going.

It maybe wasn’t necessary. The prey they’d caught already was plenty — and another patrol could easily fill in the rest. But the anxious, thorough part of her brain insisted they keep going.

Mintpool | Thunderclan T3 Warrior | 45/90 | Shamrock #33cc66
Cinderkit | Shadowclan Kit | 10/30 | DarkGray | #87CEEB
Hollyshine | Skyclan Tier 3 Warrior | 50/120 | Crimson #cc0000

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza]   Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2