Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza]

Go down 
+2
Mistpelt
Kitty
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza] Empty
PostSubject: Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza]   Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza] EmptyFri 27 May 2022 - 9:56

ooc; Alright guys, you know how this works! No strict posting order, come catch all the prey that you can.
As a reminder, we are in the stony hollow, so +2 to the success range of catching your prey!

ic;

Mottlerose had blinked several times when she'd been told she would lead a rather large hunting patrol out towards the Stony Hollow. It was a place that apprentices often weren't taken, but so long as they didn't go directly inside and instead stayed around, it would be fine. That was what she thought, at least. So as such, she had waited at the entrance towards the camp, watching with a studious eye as cats would begin to gather. Apprentices and warriors alike would be coming to join her today, and in some ways, it felt rather overwhelming. All she wanted to do was listen to the tug in her chest to simply go crawl back into her nest and sleep, to attempt to dream of more time with her kits. But that wasn't a luxury she could afford, as after all, she was the one who was to lead it as a warrior moving higher and higher on the seniority ladder.

"Alright, everyone ready?" She called out towards the crowd. There was just a slight rasp in her voice, both from not being adjusted to speaking so loud, but also that she'd seldom spoke for a bit. "It's newleaf, so the stony hollow will have plenty of prey. I will only say this once: Apprentices, you are not allowed to go inside of the Stony Hollow. Should you be caught, there will be consequences. It's for the safety of everyone involved. But otherwise, catch prey, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask one of the warriors. We're all here to share in this together." The tone of leadership was certainly one she'd learned from her mate, Minnowfin. Given that he was the deputy, his strength was much more something that she'd leaned on in times like this.

Beyond that single call, the small molly rose to her paws, signalling her tail to have everyone follow her into the forest. All would be welcome alongside her, and she'd kindly meow out invitations for any apprentices and warriors to join as they passed by. It could get chaotic with such a large group of cats going to hunt, but it was newleaf... There would certainly be plenty to add to the pile to fill everybody's bellies plentifully for the next few sunrises.

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Memories

Memories

Characters : [Fi]nchkit
Clan/Rank : [Fi] ThunderClan Kit
Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 1128

PostSubject: Re: Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza]   Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza] EmptyFri 27 May 2022 - 10:35

CLOUDDREAM
-

It was probably the first time since Clouddream came to Thunderclan where the white she-cat was walking just ahead of her daughter. Mintpool had longer legs than her (clearly influenced by her father but Clouddream didn't like to think about that cat) so the much smaller she-cat often found that she was slightly slower. She was a little surprised when they started heading to the Stony Hollow seeing as apprentices would be joining them, but she supposed Mottlerose knew what she was doing.

Finally, they reached the area they were supposed to be. Clouddream listened to Mottlerose before turning to Mintpool and flicking her tail wordlessly towards the stone log before trotting towards it. She sniffed the air around it, glancing back at Mintpool before entering. It didn't really smell like there was rain on the way, or look like it either, but she still felt a little uneasy as she knew of the lives the log had claimed.

Inside, it was pretty peaceful, but she wasn't there to sit and admire, she was there to hunt. She listened closely before noticing a bird perched on a stone. She slowly approached it from behind and jumped. Her teeth easily sunk into the feathery body of the bird and she shook it roughly, snapping it's neck without much of a mess. She put it down at her paws and looked up at Mintpool, to see how she was doing.

Clouddream attempted to catch a bird! Success! -3 SP (Clouddream)

Clouddream -

117/120 SP (-3)

SPECKLEPAW
-

Specklepaw wasn't super excited to be going on a hunting patrol (group?). He wanted to practice fighting, and he was probably just going to embarrass himself in front of all the warriors that were there anyway! Still, he stayed to the back of the group until they reached it. Specklepaw listened to Mottlerose's words, and rolled his eyes. Why would I even want to go in? It just means more chances for me to get hurt! He stalked off into a bush to find some prey.

Soon, he spotted a mouse, he got into a crouch and prepared to leap. Wiggling his haunches, he jumped through the bush and rolled over with the mouse in his jaws. He could feel that his legs weren't having it, though, and wasn't able to push himself back up. Ugh.. Well I'm not using my front legs to drag me across the ground. I really need to change my hunting technique if I want to get back up. Despite the tom not wanting anyone to see him in such an awkward position, he dropped his mouse and called out to the rest of the cats. "I fell again! Someone help!" His tone wasn't very urgent, more annoyed than anything as he flicked his tail over his back legs.

Specklepaw attempted to catch a mouse! Success! -3 SP (Specklepaw)

Specklepaw -

27/30 SP (-3)

Last edited by Memories on Fri 27 May 2022 - 10:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15016

PostSubject: Re: Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza]   Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza] EmptyFri 27 May 2022 - 10:35

The member 'Memories' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 2, 3

Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza] Mistpe10
Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza]   Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza] EmptyFri 27 May 2022 - 10:57

As the clan began to disperse, the small tortoiseshell would find herself searching around for her own piece of prey. Not too much of the area had been disturbed, and it meant many of the birds still hopped about the area. A rather large robin hopped about, clearly enjoying the worms that wriggled about in the earth of the forest beneath all their paws. The birds weight would easily be a great bonus to the tortoiseshell molly in multiple ways. The slow takeoff, but most importantly, the large meal it would make for the Clan whenever one would decide to pick it up. Ending its life with a swift nip, she brought her catch to the center of the group. A small cluster of stones would be the perfect place to make a pile for whatever they all caught, and she set her bird down.

Her ears flicked at the sound of a familiar voice calling for help. It was her own apprentice, Specklepaw. She knew his struggle with his hind legs was infuriating for the young tom, and it also was a source of weakness for the molly herself as she kept trying to find out ways to help him. Her paws swiftly carried her over to him, nudging him so he would at least be on all fours, before tucking her head gently under his side to help him stand. It was gentle and slow, so as to give him time to adjust but also for her to not cause him any pain. "Nice catch, Specklepaw!" She praised, genuinely prideful. "I've been thinking... You've built up such a great strength in your front legs. I wonder if you could hunt a little bit like a Windclan cat, if that would be easier." She thought out loud. There had been only a handful of times the molly had interacted with the cats that roamed the moors, but watching them hunt was something that she had studied rather clearly.

"They don't pounce on their prey, so much as outrun it and knock it over. I'm not going to ask you to outrun a mouse, but I know you can sneak really close up on one. Maybe you can get in front of it just enough to knock it over with your claws, just like them, and then catch it that way? You wouldn't have to jump unless you really wanted to, and knocking it over by the chest and legs would help you stun it." It was certainly an idea she'd hope he would at least try. Landing on his legs was always a bit of a weakness for the tom, and while he could get around, doing such maneuvers she had observed were somewhat difficult for him.

Mottlerose successfully caught a bird!
117/120 SP

Last edited by Kitty on Fri 27 May 2022 - 11:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza]   Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza] EmptyFri 27 May 2022 - 10:57

The member 'Kitty' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3

Back to top Go down
Memories

Memories

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza]   Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza] EmptyFri 27 May 2022 - 11:28

SPECKLEPAW
-

Specklepaw's head lifted when Mottlerose was quick to his side. He didn't expect anyone to come so quickly, maybe, inside, the tom thought his constant cries for help were annoying to everyone else, or maybe he hoped someone wouldn't come so he could be independent for once. His mentor helped prop him up onto four paws again, and though he almost stumbled backwards, he soon gained balance and mouthed a small "thank you."

He listed to the she-cat as he picked up his mouse again. Like a Windclan cat? I don't wanna be like a Windclan cat! He didn't really want to be rude, so he kept the thought to himself, though his expression might've been enough to give off the impression he wasn't too happy with the idea of hunting like one.

Though, as the she-cat explained, Specklepaw's expression faded into something more curious. "So.. Just sneak over and knock it over with my paw instead of jumping?" He looked down at his front paws. "So it wouldn't be exactly how Windclan does it..." Obviously not! I probably would've been fed to foxes if I were born a Windclan cat! Imagine being in a clan known for running and not being able to run? Ridiculous! He glanced behind him and shook out his back legs, pushing all of his weight onto his front ones so he didn't fall over as he shook them one at a time.

I could definitely try it. Specklepaw thought, nodding at Mottlerose before searching for more prey. If I fall again, I swear to Starclan I'm going to kill these legs. His tail lashed as he thought, before he heard something scurry down a tree. He bent down into a crouch and approached the noise to see a squirrel, picking up some nuts it seemed to have dropped. He stared at it curiously with wide blue eyes before quickly slamming it against the tree with his paw. His fur bristled a little as it's squeal got cut off, but it wasn't dead yet. He picked it up in his jaw and snapped it's neck with his teeth quickly before it could wake up and disturb him more.

Feeling mildly disturbed with the scene he had created, Specklepaw placed the squirrel down in front of him. "Hey Mottlerose! It worked!" He mewed over at the she-cat, though his tail was twitching a little uncomfortably. I'll get over it, a warrior wouldn't be scared of some.. prey!

Specklepaw attempted to catch a squirrel! Success! -3 SP (Specklepaw)

Specklepaw -

24/30 SP (-3)

Last edited by Memories on Fri 27 May 2022 - 11:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza]   Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza] EmptyFri 27 May 2022 - 11:28

The member 'Memories' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1522

PostSubject: Re: Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza]   Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza] EmptySat 28 May 2022 - 8:04

OOC: text here

Eveningpaw limped after his brother and mentor, quietly relishing in the freedom he now had. Fawnshine and Dovefrost had determined he was well enough to venture out of the medicine den, and the tom was determined to jump right back into his training.

How would he be a proper warrior if he wasn't strong? He needed to build strength back up into his bad leg, his time recovering had stunted his muscle growth. He walked gingerly, however, doing his best to match the pace of the other cats but instead found himself falling behind. With a frustrated sigh, Eveningpaw forced himself to move faster, his bad leg aching from the strain. It was nothing he couldn't handle.

When he caught up with the others, Specklepaw had dove into the brush for a mouse and ended up not being able to get up. He cried for help and Mottlerose came to his rescue, explaining a better way to hunt when legs were weak.

The black-and-white tom craned his neck and ears forward to listen, picking up some tips himself before slinking off to test them himself. As much as he deeply loved all his siblings, he was not about to turn into a whiny kit like Specklepaw.

Eveningpaw stepped through the brush as carefully as possible, navigating his new gait and doing his best to not step on any crunchy leaves or twigs. He scented a mouse, the rustling of the underbrush giving its position away. He crept closer, dropping down low to stalk the creature as it munched on a fallen seed. It spotted the cat too late, and Eveningpaw leaped, his bad leg giving out at the last moment. He hissed sharply, still trying to catch the mouse with claws outstretched. To his surprise, his paw still landed on the mouse and he killed it swiftly, ignoring the squeaks.

Definitely need to adjust my strategy... he mused, padding back to the group to bury his prey for safekeeping.

Eveningpaw attempted to catch a mouse, costing 3 stamina. He was successful!

Eveningpaw
15/15 HP
27/30 SP (-3)
* disability stats

Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza] 2RvdchP
Flickerpaw         Icepaw         Lightpaw         Cricketpaw
#54565A         #8ED2E2         #E7CD65         #76AF5C

[CHARACTER PROFILES]

Last edited by Aspen on Sat 28 May 2022 - 8:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza]   Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza] EmptySat 28 May 2022 - 8:04

The member 'Aspen' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Ploverwing, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetkit, Maggot
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1412

PostSubject: Re: Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza]   Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza] EmptySat 28 May 2022 - 9:46

You can't stay in your den forever, she told herself, You have your clan to prioritize. And so she joined the hunting patrol, trying to keep herself upbeat around her clanmates. Comfreyheart gathered by the camp exit, and saw that Mottlerose would be leading. If she can lead a whole patrol, you can handle hunting. Comfreyheart padded closely after her, eventually taking a spot by her side. The new warrior wasn't looking to conversate with the senior, just to be near her. It was nice. Comfreyheart let Mottlerose's company comfort her, and focused on the surrounding wildlife. The smell of soil beneath her was oddly nice. She searched for the twittering prey above, hiding in the trees. It helped remind her there's more happening than her grief. It grounded her. Move on, it seemed to say. She frowned and hung her head. The molly didn't want to let go of him yet.

Arriving at the Stony Hollow, everyone soon dispersed to find their prey. Comfreyheart waited for a moment and observed the area. Stones lay around the clearing, sparking a little idea. The black cat batted the rocks around, bringing them together to create a nest of sorts where a pile of fresh-kill could easily take place. She smiled at Mottlerose who placed her catch in the stones. Comfreyheart was about to congratulate her when Specklepaw cried for help. Before she could move Mottlerose was already on it, going over to help her stuck apprentice. Comfreyheart trusted the older molly, and turned away to start her own hunt.

Time to see if I deserve my new name, she challenged herself. Her paws slowly traveled the terrain, following the strongest scent of mouse. The warrior took a moment to think and remembered to step as lightly as possible. Mice were sensitive to how the ground vibrated. She calculated the best distance to be at, and stopped advancing once the smell was just strong enough. Crouching low in the grass, she pictured where the rodent was. Her stomach rumbled. Hush. Instead of attacking straight away, Comfreyheart was patient with the critter. She only crept closer when the wind rustled the grass, or when birds loudly crowed. Eventually she was in the perfect distance. She bunched her hindquarters and prepared to spring...

The she-cat was knocked over, smashing into the ground. Her head spun, having hit the dirt so hard. Stinging pain sliced through her side, making her yowl like thunder. Despite her aching body, the molly's instincts got her off the ground and twisting to face the predator. She was faced with an owl, rapidly swooping for another strike. Comfreyheart raised her arm, swatting at the huge bird. It was incredibly risky. If she didn't do this perfectly, her arm could get seriously hurt.

It crashed through her paw, sending Comfreyheart toppling onto her back. The molly screamed once again, her voice filled with panic and fear and pain, hoping for someone to hear her.

Comfreyheart attempted to catch a mouse, costing 3 stamina. Hunt was... uh oh.
An Owl has appeared!
The Owl used Swoop, dealing 9 damage and costing 15 stamina.
Comfreyheart attempted to use Belly Rake, costing 25 stamina. Attempt was... Unsuccessful. Comfreyheart takes 5 damage.

Comfreyheart:
16/30 HP (-14)
52/80 SP (-28)

The Owl:
30/30 HP
75/90 SP (-15)

- Plotting | Chart | Profiles -

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Last edited by Lapis on Sat 28 May 2022 - 10:25; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza]   Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza] EmptySat 28 May 2022 - 9:46

The member 'Lapis' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 10

Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Ploverwing, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetkit, Maggot
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1412

PostSubject: Re: Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza]   Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza] EmptySat 28 May 2022 - 10:16

(rolling for Comfrey's attack)

- Plotting | Chart | Profiles -

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza]   Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza] EmptySat 28 May 2022 - 10:16

The member 'Lapis' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 1

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza]   Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza] EmptyMon 30 May 2022 - 15:19

It did the tortoiseshell good to see that her apprentices were catching prey. As Specklepaw gave some thought to her suggestion, that pride swelled further seeing that it actually worked for him. It would probably take him some time to hone it out, to shape it to be something even stronger, but she was rather proud to even be able to do so. "Good job, Specklepaw! Practice will make perfect, but I knew you could do it." She gave a motherly purr, her tail flicking with pride.

The screech that pierced through the area caught her attention extremely fast, her head whipping in that direction. It was an owl, going straight for Comfreyheart. Amber eyes narrowed as instinct kicked in. "Not my daughter, you Carrion!" She sneered in its direction, quickly bolting towards the bird. Claws extended to strike at its feathers, and quickly met them, shoving the bird away as best she could. Defending her Clanmates was something she would do without the blink of an eye.

Mottlerose used Front Paw Blow on the Owl! It dealt 8 damage, and used 7 stamina.

Mottlerose:
50/50 HP
110/120 SP (-7 SP)

Comfreyheart:
16/30 HP
52/80 SP

The Owl:
22/30 HP (-8 HP)
75/90 SP

Back to top Go down
Memories

Memories

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza]   Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza] EmptyWed 1 Jun 2022 - 7:42

SPECKLEPAW
-

Specklepaw smiled at his mentor. He pushed himself up with a little wobble, about to limp over to find a new spot to hunt. Maybe somewhere where I wouldn't have to slam it against a tree... Specklepaw glanced around before he heard a shriek. "Comfrey!" He yelled, spotting the owl. He pushed himself as fast as he could go, even though he could feel his back legs start to give way, scrambling out behind him as he sped towards it.

He was almost there, using the last of the energy his back legs had left, Specklepaw forced himself to leap, claws out. "Don't you dare hurt my sister you... mangy beast!" He shrieked, knocking the owl over before tumbling away. He clenched his teeth, his back legs ached terribly after that. He flicked his tail over them, fur raised, trying to look bigger.

Specklepaw used Jumping Strike! Dealing -6 HP (Owl) and -7 SP (Specklepaw)

Specklepaw -

15/15 HP
17/30 SP (-7)

Mottlerose -
50/50 HP
110/120 SP

Comfreyheart -
16/30 HP
52/80 SP

Owl -
16/30 HP (-6 HP)
75/90 SP

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza]   Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza] Empty

Back to top Go down

Come Get yer Req's! [TC Huntapalooza]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next