Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Caught in Your Rays [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Splotch

Splotch

Characters : Sleepycloud, Hopepaw, Lakekit
Clan/Rank : Ye Old Member-- ALL THUNDERCLAN OOPS Sleepycloud (T2), Hopepaw [App], Lake [Kit]
Taurus Dragon
Number of posts : 3546

Caught in Your Rays [c] Empty
PostSubject: Caught in Your Rays [c]   Caught in Your Rays [c] EmptyTue 12 Apr 2022 - 23:00

Ironically enough, Owls were known for their late-waking hours.

But for this tom? No, he rather enjoyed the fog of the morning and wandering camp when no other cat was awake to appreciate the brisk cold being drawn away by the warm rays of the sun. But today, he had promised his friend a hunting trip around the territory. Thanks to his standing with the shadowy cats, they didn't consider anything to be wrong. Nothing was wrong, of course, just the two of them going out alone.

A dark tail swept over his paws as the tom settled in the sunniest portion of the clearing. Yellow eyes closed against the rising sun, letting the heat sink into his pelt. How he enjoyed the feeling. The sound of reeds rustling caused one eye to open, glancing towards the warrior's den.

Sleepycloud || Hopepaw || Lakekit
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2961

PostSubject: Re: Caught in Your Rays [c]   Caught in Your Rays [c] EmptyTue 12 Apr 2022 - 23:19

Poppyshine

Poppyshine was usually good at getting up early for her patrols, but today she slept in a little longer, for she was caught in a bad nightmare. She had bad dreams often right after the Gathering, and the river, and her run-in with Softfall. They had finally started to drift away, allowing her to slumber easier, but tonight she had not been so lucky. Her dreams were plagued with Softfall’s face, but it had been twisted more demonically, with large sharp teeth and he had intense claws that dug into her without mercy. Even as she sobbed and begged to be let go, he refused, and this time she couldn’t get away.

She flinched and her eyes opened suddenly. She didn’t move from her nest and kept quiet, just breathing heavily through her nose. She saw the sun streaming through the entrance of the den and she knew that she had to get up for her patrol, but she let herself have another minute to calm down. Her scar ached, but that pain too ebbed away as she relaxed. When she had more of a hold on herself, Poppyshine finally pushed herself up to her feet and walked out. She gave Owlshriek a nod in greeting. She was happy to see him already up and waiting for her, but she didn’t exude her usual cheer.

“Good morning, Owlshriek,” she mewed. “I hope you weren’t waiting wrong. Are you ready to go out hunting?”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

Clan/Rank : Ye Old Member-- ALL THUNDERCLAN OOPS Sleepycloud (T2), Hopepaw [App], Lake [Kit]
Taurus Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Caught in Your Rays [c]   Caught in Your Rays [c] EmptyTue 12 Apr 2022 - 23:27

"Not too long, I'm ready."

Both his eyes opened at the sight of Poppyshine, a soft purr escaped him at her approach. Though, her less than normal energy left him with a tilt to his head. The camp was stirring, and if Owlshriek wanted to ask her how she was, and expect an honest response--it wasn't here. With a wave of his tail, the tom stood and led the way out of camp. The fog hung low, casting the forest in a soft white haze, illuminated by the rising sun. No wind rushed through, keeping their scent right where they left it, perfect for hunting.

Despite that knowledge, the tom stopped next to a bunch of reeds and settled to sit once more. "I hope you don't mind me asking," Owlshriek began, turning a soft gaze towards the calico. "But you are not yourself this morning. It is fairly easy to see." The warrior leaned forward to sniff her, looking for any illness. "What ails you so?"

In all hopefulness, she will be honest with him, and Owlshriek could help her like she helped so many other cats. It would only be fair for such a kind warrior.

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Caught in Your Rays [c]   Caught in Your Rays [c] EmptyWed 13 Apr 2022 - 14:51

Poppyshine

They walked together out of the camp and Poppyshine focused on taking another couple deep breaths, breathing in the clean air of the morning. It wasn’t long before Owlshriek spoke, and Poppyshine was disappointed that she hadn’t hid her unease better. It was better that she didn’t keep it from him, she supposed.

“I’m not sick,” she promised with a light chuckle when he sniffed her. “I just had a bad dream, is all. I haven’t had any in a while, but this one was…especially daunting.” Her slight smile fell away from her face and her tail flicked anxiously. “I haven’t told Perchfall about the nightmares. I didn’t want to worry her. And then they started to go away so I thought it was fine. I’m not sure why I had one last night.” She sighed and shook her head. “I don’t mean to ruin the mood for our hunting trip, Owlshriek. I’m sorry.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

Taurus Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Caught in Your Rays [c]   Caught in Your Rays [c] EmptyThu 14 Apr 2022 - 20:11

Owlshriek didn't make any moves to keep moving. "The mood is not ruined." The tom insisted, his tail swishing over his paws as he sat. The morning fog settled around them, and the quiet air made it easy to hear her voice. Even easier for her to hear his. But, most of all, he wanted to make sure that she was alright. The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. Whatever his mother had said to him as a kit. Owlshriek wasn't sure what cheese was. Then again, she named him Furnace, and he didn't know what that was either.

But, either way, time was not of the essence. The air did not move, so their scent did not carry. He had time to ask, and time to make sure his closest friend was alright. "Are you comfortable discussing it with me?" Owlshriek asked, tilting his head. Then, in a softer voice, he added; "I want to keep you safe and happy. I cannot do that without understanding more."

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Caught in Your Rays [c]   Caught in Your Rays [c] EmptyFri 15 Apr 2022 - 10:48

Poppyshine

Poppyshine looked to Owlshriek and gave him a small, grateful smile. It was nice to know that she had a friend who cared about her so sincerely. Even as she thought that it may be best to not talk about it and it keep the nature of her nightmare locked away, Owlshriek helped her feel welcome enough to share the bad feelings. She sighed softly and mewed, “You have to promise that you won’t get upset. It was in the past.”

She hesitated a moment longer before she began speaking. “It was about when I got this scar.” She lowered her head to nod to the scar that ran from her shoulder down her chest and to her belly. “I had been really foolish and went out wandering a little after the Gathering where the Dark Forest cats showed up. I was upset about everything that had happened and I didn’t want to bring the mood down further at camp. I was in my head and wasn’t paying attention to where I was going at all, and I ended up crossing into ThunderClan territory.” Poppyshine shook her head at frustration with herself. “It was completely foolish. I was caught, of course, by a ThunderClan warrior named Softfall. He thought I was hunting in ThunderClan territory and so attacked me. I told him it was a mistake and promised I wouldn’t do it again and I went to leave but-“

Her voice caught in her throat. It took her a moment to push away the terrifying images from her nightmare and focus on what had actually happened. “He…didn’t want to let me go. Even as I tried to retreat, he shoved me to the ground and continued to attack me. I begged him to let me go but I don’t think he was going to. I really think he was going to kill me.” Poppyshine opened her eyes again. “I managed to get away, but then I made such a big fuss in camp. Perchfall went to ThunderClan and the whole matter is settled now. But I still…get so afraid, sometimes, especially near the border. Sometimes I get nightmares, like last night. They’d started to go away. I don’t know why they’re back.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

Taurus Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Caught in Your Rays [c]   Caught in Your Rays [c] EmptyMon 18 Apr 2022 - 13:30

"I promise."

Of course, he didn't know the extent of what sort of promise he was making. As Poppyshine continued speaking, the tom grew more and more alarmed. His closest friend had been mouselengths away from dying, and he hadn't even known? Of course, he had wondered about the scar, but she had never shown whatever caused it to be traumatizing. Her simple smiles hid her real fear. Stars above! Owlshriek fluffed up in fury, his tail lashing quickly, picking up dirt with each swish.

"Softfall." The warrior repeated, his yellow eyes turning towards the direction of the ThunderClan border. Fury filled him from ear tips to tail tip, claws flexing into the ground. "I'm glad you told me." Owlshreik mewed, taking a deep breath and turning back to his friend. "Now I know who to look for." He hadn't met the cat before, but if he did, it wouldn't end well. That's for certain. What a shame, though. He hoped to spend more time at the Sunningrocks with her. But, if that's the case, her comfort was more important.

With a calming sigh for himself, the tom ducked his head to groom Poppyshine. Between each pass, he mewed; "I can't imagine the fear you felt. I'm sorry I could not have been there." Owlshriek paused, feeling the urge to run to Thunderclan and pull Softfall by the tail. Plead for his own pelt. A small part of Owlshriek reminded him to be calm. But he was not sure he could remain so if the enemy warrior was ever around. "I'll be by your side. If you ever take a patrol down the ThunderClan border, please let me know. I wish to be there with you." He paused to look her in the eyes. "No cat will hurt you again."

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Caught in Your Rays [c]   Caught in Your Rays [c] EmptyTue 19 Apr 2022 - 18:12

Poppyshine

Speaking the truth like that made Poppyshine tremble, both from fear of reliving those memories and worry about Owlshriek’s reaction. It was clear he was furious, and her stomach twisted, wondering if she had made a mistake in telling him. No, it’s good that I told him. I just hope that he doesn’t get carried away…

She relaxed when he gave her a few affectionate licks, and she leaned into him. “Don’t be upset,” she murmured. “I still made a mistake going into their territory, and I know better now. It’s in the past and Perchfall already took care of things. Please don’t…I don’t know, try to defend my honor? What’s done is done. We should be kind moving forward.” Poppyshine met Owlshriek’s eyes and gave him a smile. “I do appreciate your company, Owlshriek. I’ll probably take you up on that offer.” She gave him a small lick on his cheek in return for the grooming he offered her. “I know I have plenty of cats in RiverClan looking out for me.” It warmed her heart to have Owlshriek in particular on her side, though.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Caught in Your Rays [c]   Caught in Your Rays [c] EmptyTue 19 Apr 2022 - 22:39

Although sleep nagged at the fringes of his mind, Rushtalon wanted to talk to Poppyshine. After his moment of clarity, after having some time to think, the warrior had come to a decision - not to tell her about his feelings. But, instead, he wanted to grow their friendship and spend more time with her. He would be there for her and she for him. If she wanted, if they grew close enough... maybe something would come of it but he wouldn't push and wouldn't pry. Besides, the newly named warrior was certain that if he tried, the words would stick to his tongue. The idea of being in her presence was enough for him.

He'd seen the she-cat slip from the camp entrance. There wasn't any patrol going out that he knew of at this time. Now, they would patrol together as warriors and share a den. The only thing that would make this new position even better would be having his littermates at his side too. In his exhausted delirium, Rushtalon tossed all of these thoughts through his mind as he sought after the familiar pelt. It did not take too long to find her as her steps weren't exactly in haste. And there was a reason for it too - Owlshriek was there. Immediately, the russet tom's steps came to a halt. He made an effort to swallow but as he noticed the way Poppyshine was pressed to him, air caught in his throat.

It was not as if he had dreams of a grand romance but the sensation was still crushing. There was something between her and another cat, and it had to be Owlshriek of all cats. Somehow, the black-pelted tom had always found a way to make him feel inferior. Often, their rivalry pushed Rushtalon forward but it also caused him to explore doubts he never had before. This was one of them. To look at the scene before him was painful, so wrenching his gaze away was easy. Head lowered and shoulders slumped, the newly named warrior made his way back to camp. It was time to make a nest then. He did not care where, he simply longed for the embrace of a dreamless sleep.
Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

Taurus Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Caught in Your Rays [c]   Caught in Your Rays [c] EmptyWed 20 Apr 2022 - 11:11

The tom purred. A rare occurrence normally, but it seemingly happened a lot while he was with her. But, the tom was careful with his words, he had no intention of not defending her honor. He hadn't heard even a mouse's whisper of anything that had happened to the other cat who had hurt her. Softfall needed a reckoning when it came to hurting innocent cats. "It was a mistake." Owlshriek whispered. "A piece of prey is not worth killing another cat over." Cats were worth more than prey.

Even Owlshriek knew that.

"The whole of RiverClan adores you, and I know if we ever go to a gathering with all of the other clans, they will too." He was certain of it. Poppyshine had this...shine to her that drew cats around her. They wanted to be her friend and share in this light that she carried with her. Perhaps that was why Owlshriek felt to certain about going after Softfall. To try and snuff out the light that illuminated the forest in these dark times? That's a cat with no regard for the others around him.

That's a cat that cannot be saved and is a danger to the forest.

Her grooming drew the warrior out of his thoughts and back to the present. "In fact, I'm certain of it." Owlshriek fixed her with warm eyes, his purr returning full force.

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Caught in Your Rays [c]   Caught in Your Rays [c] EmptyThu 21 Apr 2022 - 15:57

Poppyshine

Poppyshine chuckled softly at Owlshriek’s kind words. She wasn’t so sure of it, as he was. She had gone to a Gathering before the Dark Forest invaded—the one where they arrived—and she had not been a popular guest amongst the cats that she interacted with. Part of her wondered what Cinderpaw, who surely must have been a warrior by now, was up to. She let the thought pass her by quick enough, though, as she got to her feet.

“Enough dwelling on the past, though,” she said. She smiled again and it actually held he usual warmth that she carried around. “It’s about time that we get back to our actual hunt, don’t you think? I’ve held us up here long enough.” Her tail swept down Owlshriek’s back affectionately before they continued off into the forest to make the most of the day.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP