Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

heart like yours [C]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit [F]oxkit [Fa]lconkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit [F] Unborn SkyClan Kit [Fa] Unborn WindClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2505

heart like yours [C] Empty
PostSubject: heart like yours [C]   heart like yours [C] EmptyWed 23 Mar 2022 - 4:25

Leaf-bare had finally retreated from the forest, warmer winds ushering the harsh season away. Some of the snow remained, half-melted slush dotting the territory. But even with the remains of leaf-bare still present, ThunderClan's territory had blossomed into life again: their trees were starting to flush out into a rich green, the grass was warming into a vibrant jade, and the scuffling sounds of small lives hidden away in the roots and foliage echoed everywhere, more sign of life than Daypaw had experienced yet.

He thought it was all terribly beautiful, watching the world bloom around him. More beautiful than he would ever get used to, he figured.

The apprentice jogged forward to catch up to his older patrolmate– noting quietly how he didn't have to rush to catch up to cats older than him anymore, and how he stood tall right at her shoulder when he did eventually find her side. His paws felt sturdier under him, too; nothing felt so soft anymore. I really am turning into a young warrior. Growing up. The tom looked around, breathing in deep. Everything was warm and rich with earth-scent. He could stand there and just breathe, forever. Growing, just like the forest.

It was a welcome reprieve from the cats the intruded upon their dens and hoarded their prey. From the haunting shape of Morningstar that crowded around the edges of his vision. Here, there was only soft grass and a prey-rich territory to explore. It was wonderful. Exciting, and freeing, and Daypaw thought his heart might beat out of his chest with the thrill of it all.

"Oh, uh, thanks for hunting with me, Featherfrost," he mewed eventually, snorting a nervous laugh through his nose. "It's nice, isn't it? How warm it is. Have you seen new-leaf before? Well... I'm sure you have. Silly question. Sorry, I'm- I'm... rambling. I guess I have a lot to say." The golden tom rolled his shoulders and trotted a little ahead, tail curling over his back. "I'm just sick of thinking about the mouse-brained Dark Forest. So... thanks. We can start whenever."
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw, [H]oneykit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Unborn Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5700

PostSubject: Re: heart like yours [C]   heart like yours [C] EmptyWed 23 Mar 2022 - 13:59

The air didn't seem quite as cold it usual, and Atalante noted with some curiosity that the snow was melting, bits of greenery slowly starting to peek through the white blanket that covered the forest. All around them were signs of new life taking root, the soft chirp of birdsong had even awoken Atalante from sleep this morning.

She'd been tasked to patrol with Daypaw today, one of her half-siblings. Atalante had mostly watched them at a distance, too uneasy in the aftermath of the gathering to spend any real time with them, but patrolling was just as much part of her duties as watching over them was. Daypaw's voice cut into the quiet, Featherfrost... The name was certainly taking some time to get used to, but Atalante's response to hearing it came quicker now than they had when she'd been called Featherpaw, at least. "Oh, sure... It's good to get out of camp and stretch our legs, isn't it? It'll be my first newleaf, too. I don't mind not freezing my toes off for once, and maybe the weather will make the hunting easier too." She mewed, shaking out her fluffy tortoiseshell coat as a few droplets of water fell from a branch above. Daypaw continued to speak as she did so, and Atalante's shudder was only half to-do with the cold rivulets of water running down her back. "I can't stand their presence, either. They smell like death and that gathering..." Atalante shook her head. "I don't know what da- what Klaus... Morningstar, whatever his name is now, was thinking. I don't understand how anyone could want that." She muttered.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit [F]oxkit [Fa]lconkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit [F] Unborn SkyClan Kit [Fa] Unborn WindClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2505

PostSubject: Re: heart like yours [C]   heart like yours [C] EmptySat 2 Apr 2022 - 5:23

The admission from Featherfrost earned a look of excitement from the apprentice, but any thrill was quickly dampened by her next words. His steps stumbled, paws scuffing clumsily against the earth. He'd wanted this hunt to be peaceful, a distraction from everything that had plagued his mind over recent days. He hummed, a light, worried noise, but recovered his balance and trotted on, tail waving anxiously behind him. Morningstar, blood coating the golden fur of his chest, and SkyClan's leader stretched out on the ground before him, the contents of his body spilled out across the ground. Daypaw shivered. "I don't understand it either," he mewed softly, bowing his head as they went. Pale eyes narrowed in thought, but he said nothing. Maybe if he didn't address it, the she-cat would drop the subject, and they could just move on to talk about the warmer weather, their hopes for the future of ThunderClan. They were out here to hunt, to provide for their Clan, not to dwell on the horrors that lurked between every bed and bramble.

Wordlessly, Daypaw lowered his body into a crouch, looking towards Featherfrost. He hadn't really been formally trained in hunting yet, but he'd watched and practiced enough; not only was there his lack of practice, but it felt beyond his place to ask a cat that wasn't his mentor– not only that, a cat not much older than him –to teach him how to set his paws just right. He would just deal with the discomfort that came with the way his legs folded under him, how he swayed and staggered when he tried to set his paws lightly forward. "I might be bad at this," he meowed quietly, a forced smile turning up the corners of his maw. Quickly, he added, "But I'll figure it out. No better way to learn than to get it wrong."

With that, Daypaw clumsily crept away. The warm breeze carried with it the scents of prey, flooding his tongue. Most distinctly, he picked up the trail of a mouse, and despite his awkward gait, the little creature hadn't taken note of him by the time it crossed his vision. Stalling, the apprentice wiggled his rump, collecting his weight in his haunches before springing forward. He felt powerful, with the way his hind legs kicked off the ground, even if the pounce was graceless and it felt less like he'd earnestly caught something, and more like he'd just gotten lucky enough to crush the mouse under his paws. Either way, it was a catch– his first. Gingerly, he picked it up, turning around to trot back to Featherfrost.

As he walked, he tried to play his steps through his mind. He could correct and teach himself. The way his hind legs worked had felt good, proper, where his stalking had felt clumsy and failing. His fur stiffened, tail bushing as his thoughts of hunting darkened. Good, strong hind legs, built for kicking upwards– like he belonged in SkyClan. Setting the rodent down, Daypaw opened his mouth, words spilling out in spite of himself, "At the Gathering, he talked to Waterlily and some of my littermates. He–" A pause for a shuddering gasp to rattle past his teeth, then he went back to babbling on, "he said he used to be Waterlily's mate. He's our– my father. My father! I thought he was going to be some... some noble and good warrior of ThunderClan. Maybe he just, y'know, died before we were born, so that's why there's no one in ThunderClan I even look slightly related to. I didn't think I would find out my father is a fox-hearted, bloodthirsty hound." Daypaw spat the last few words, attempting to sound distant and unaffected, but hurt was evident in his mew. He trailed off, and in the quiet between his pained mumblings a realization struck him. Looking sore and apologetic, he just shook his head, ducking his head to avoid looking at his patrolmate. "Sorry, for... rambling at you. It's– I'm sorry. Ignore that, we can just- just keep hunting, like normal."

Daypaw attempted to catch a mouse. Catch successful! -3SP.

Last edited by downfive on Sat 2 Apr 2022 - 5:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15101

PostSubject: Re: heart like yours [C]   heart like yours [C] EmptySat 2 Apr 2022 - 5:23

The member 'downfive' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 2

heart like yours [C] Mistpe10
heart like yours [C] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw, [H]oneykit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Unborn Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5700

PostSubject: Re: heart like yours [C]   heart like yours [C] EmptySun 3 Apr 2022 - 12:25

Daypaw seemed to stumble slightly, and Ata felt a pang of both sympathy and concern for him. None of this was his fault, of course, though if he wanted to drop the subject, she would. It definitely wasn't something easy or enjoyable to talk about. And they had come out here for a purpose, after all, a purpose that they should work towards. Feeding who they could. "We're all terrible, at first." Ata offered dryly, though she did stop to watch his progress in catching a mouse. He hadn't been an apprentice for too long, and the lack of experience showed, but it wasn't anything that couldn't be fixed. Since she was only the patrol with him, she might as well offer what help she could.

"Good catch. Be careful with your balance and make sure to watch your step. Noise from brushing against leaves and twigs will alert prey to your presence, just as it does for us." Atalante offered Daypaw a smile. "Come on, it'll get easier with practice." She added cheerfully, trying desperately to keep the mood of the conversation more upbeat.

Only to come crashing back to reality at Daypaw's words. Of course, they couldn't just ignore it, Klaus- Morningstar, whatever he called himself, he was their father. Daypaw hadn't known him at all, and apparently Atalante hadn't either despite having spent time with him. None of them could've known. "It's okay, don't apologize to me for rambling. All this violence... It's senseless." She mewed with a shake of her head. "I'm sorry you had to find out about your father like this. Waterlily too... I can only imagine how she's feeling about all of this. I don't think she knew what he was truly like, either. I doubt anyone did." Not her own mother or her siblings. Certainly not Waaterlily. With a shake of her head, the pale-furred tortoiseshell turned in search of prey herself. Picking up the scent of mouse as well, she moved in that direction on quiet, careful paws while holding her tail carefully so her long fur didn't brush against the ground. Spotting the creature among some foliage, she sprang forward with a powerful leap, fangs sinking into its throat.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: heart like yours [C]   heart like yours [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

heart like yours [C]
Page 1 of 1