Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Heart to Heart [C]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2967

Heart to Heart [C] Empty
PostSubject: Heart to Heart [C]   Heart to Heart [C] EmptyTue 26 Apr 2022 - 19:14

Iceheart

Hunting was exhausting; patrolling was exhausting; mentoring was exhausting; doing anything was exhausting. Iceheart felt like she had to drag her paws everywhere she went. She hadn’t looked forward to being a warrior, but she thought that when she got there, maybe she would feel better, or she would be able to handle whatever swirl of emotions overtook her from time to time. It did not appear to be the case. She still felt like a tiny apprentice all over again. Perhaps that was why she found herself wandering over to Thalia and settling down beside her.

“Hello,” she murmured as she set her chin down on her paws. “I hope you…don’t mind company.” She didn’t know if Thalia had already released Iceheart from her mind once Iceeheart earned her warrior name. Hopefully that wasn’t the case. “I also…had a question.” Anything to fill the silence. “I hope that it’s not out of my place to ask, but—why is your name Thalia, rather than a typical warrior name?”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6044

Heart to Heart [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart to Heart [C]   Heart to Heart [C] EmptyTue 26 Apr 2022 - 19:43

Thalia was a bit surprised, but not unhappy to see her former apprentice settle beside her. "Hey, Iceheart," she greeted lightly. She wasn't sure of the usual etiquette between former mentors and apprentices, her first apprentice having vanished early into her training. "I don't mind at all - if you ever need anything, or just want company, I'll be here. Well, um - not here, exactly, but - you know what I mean, right? I'm here for you, is what I'm trying to say."

The warrior's second question wasn't entirely unexpected, though if anything she'd expected to hear it some time ago. "No, not at all. It's a bit unusual from your perspective, isn't it? Then again, I've always felt that way about Clan names..."

She closed her eyes, letting her thoughts drift back to her earliest memories. "Did you know," she began, "that I wasn't born in ShadowClan? I suppose you could guess that, really, but... Well. It's as good a place to start as any."

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

Heart to Heart [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart to Heart [C]   Heart to Heart [C] EmptyTue 26 Apr 2022 - 20:45

Iceheart

Thalia’s assurances that Iceheart was welcome to speak with her helped put her a bit at ease. She wasn’t sure if Thalia simply wouldn’t care to speak with her once their apprenticeship was over, especially seeing as she took over partway through Iceheart being an apprentice already. Iceheart then looked at Thalia with a bit of surprise. She’d almost expected to be brushed off, but to receive such a ready answer was not what she had expected. She meowed, “I…didn’t know that. But I suppose I could have suspected as much.” Iceheart couldn’t imagine a cat being born into a clan and not receiving a warrior name by the time they were an adult.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

Heart to Heart [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart to Heart [C]   Heart to Heart [C] EmptyWed 27 Apr 2022 - 19:27

Thalia nodded slowly. "I'm not the only one, but I think I might be the only one left who never took a Clan name," she continued. "I was born outside the Clans, as you could guess, but my mother left me with ThunderClan when I was young enough that I have no memory of it now." Well, mostly - sunlight filtering through the trees, the sound of voices she couldn't place names to, they came to her in dreams at times. Maybe those were memories from the time before. "...The Clans have faced countless threats, judging from the stories I hear. I imagine you've heard some of these tales as well, since it wasn't all that long ago. Iceheart... What do you know of the Asylum?"

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

Heart to Heart [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart to Heart [C]   Heart to Heart [C] EmptyThu 28 Apr 2022 - 17:57

Iceheart

Iceheart’s ear twitched as Thalia began her tale. She almost couldn’t follow it. ThunderClan…? If that was where Thalia was left, then why was she here in ShadowClan?

“I don’t know much,” Iceheart admitted softly. “I know that it was a group outside of the clans, and that there was a…battle of some sort, I think? But the queens never liked to talk much of it, and by the time I was an apprentice, the…” She glanced around. “Our guests became the focus of conversation.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

Heart to Heart [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart to Heart [C]   Heart to Heart [C] EmptyThu 28 Apr 2022 - 18:20

So Iceheart had only heard the most basic version of what had happened - it was understandable, she supposed, given their current occupation. Why would anyone want to dwell on the last time? "I should warn you, this isn't really a happy story," Thalia sighed, a hint of wistfulness in her voice. "That said... It did have its moments. And, well- there are things I don't know, or won't say, just because it's not my tale to tell, but-"

She blinked, shaking her head to clear her thoughts. "As I said, my mother left me with ThunderClan as a kit. I had another name, then." Laurelkit, she recalled it now; it felt strange to call it her name even in passing. The hazy, dreamlike memories of another life belonged to Laurelkit, and the life she'd lived - that belonged to Thalia. "It doesn't matter now, really, but what does- the Asylum stole kits from the Clans, to raise as their own. To turn them against their homes."

Thalia gave this part of the story a moment to sink in before she continued. "They gave us new names, lied to us about who we were and where we had come from. Lied to us about what Asylum was, about our purpose in the world. But they raised us."

That still counted for something, in her mind. While some of those bonds had broken, others had endured past the end of Asylum's reign over the forest.

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

Heart to Heart [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart to Heart [C]   Heart to Heart [C] EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 16:20

Iceheart

Iceheart remained silent while Thalia continued. Her fur bristled at the idea of cats stealing kits away from their home; even worse to turn them against their original family. Iceheart resented the Dark Forest for trying to change what the clans represented. For another group to steal clan cats and make them hate the clans entirely…Iceheart couldn’t believe it. She would have been furious.

“How long were you with them, then?” Iceheart asked softly. The unspoken question she had before still remained: Thalia was in ThunderClan and then was taken by Asylum—but how did she get to ShadowClan?

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

Heart to Heart [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart to Heart [C]   Heart to Heart [C] EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 20:23

"A long time, all things considered," Thalia sighed. It was hard to get across, especially with the complicated nature of her feelings about the whole ordeal. "It was- it was complicated. A lot happened. To start with, the Asylum didn't have apprenticeships the way the Clans do... They sorted us into factions when we we reached five moons. The Standards - most cats didn't fit into a specialty, after all, so that was most of them. The Scouts were- well, they were scouts. Hunters and information gatherers, mostly. And Nightstrikers were the ones with the most battle prowess. They were often... Cruel might be the best word, looking back on things now. More so than the rest."

The calico warrior lifted her head to meet her former apprentice's eyes, clearly displaying the scar on her cheek; as well as the more faded, less precise scars on the other side of her face. "Each faction was marked with a different scar - one, or two, or three, depending on their rank. Can you guess where they placed me?"

It was almost amusing, looking back. Shy, anxious Thalia; training as one of Theron's ruthless Nightstrikers.

She lowered her head again after a moment, shaking it slightly. "That said... Not all of them were cruel. The closest thing I had to a mentor, he taught me so much of what I know, things that have outlasted the fall of the Asylum. And there were the other stolen kits, among them some of my best friends." A brief pause, as the familiar name caught on her tongue. "Like my partner, Kat- Katana. Asylum cats wore the pelts of predators, a way of disguising ourselves... She and I fought the fox that became mine. I still have it, for whenever I need something to hide behind. And, well... To keep something of her close, until we see each other again."

"The truth came out eventually. How could it not, with so many cats tangled up in the secret? I only learned because I made a mistake, I did something- something unforgivable, something that had jeopardized our mission in the forest. I had been stationed in WindClan, but after that... I was instructed to patrol the borders. Along the river, a ThunderClan warrior called me by a name I didn't know, and..." She took a deep breath. If she could get the words out, she could fill in the blanks and the questions they left. "I asked my... Mentor is the best word I have for it, I suppose, but that's not quite right. All the same, he gave me the truth, or what parts of it he knew- and then together we told the rest. But in-between, when I was trying to find the others to meet with them, I was waiting on the Thunderpath for a friend who was stationed in ShadowClan... That was when I met Flintstar." He was Flintshard now, but Flintstar at the time; and so she didn't bother with her usual hasty correction of his name. "He saved my life."

She looked to Iceheart, waiting to continue until the young warrior had asked any questions she might have had. Thalia imagined that if she were the one hearing this story she'd certainly have a large number of them, especially with how often she tripped over her words or glossed over things.

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

Heart to Heart [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart to Heart [C]   Heart to Heart [C] EmptyMon 2 May 2022 - 18:58

Iceheart

Iceheart watched Thalia with wide eyes. The story was almost unbelievable. If it wasn’t for living through a time with another faction—the Forgotten Order that brought about Klaus—and now the Dark Forest cats, she would have thought it was all a fantastical story. She knew better than to think that Thalia would make up any part of it, though. A shiver ran down her spine at the mention of the scars to indicate rank. Iceheart had wondered to herself what had caused such scars, and knowing the answer did not exactly put her at ease.

When Thalia paused, Iceheart felt her questions bubble up. “How many kits were actually taken? Was it from all of the clans? What became of Asylum? How did Flintstar save your life—” Iceheart caught her tongue and quieted down her questions. She hadn’t spoken so much at one time. All of the words felt foreign to her as she rested again. Regardless, so as to not overwhelm Thalia with her curiosity, Iceheart fell silent again to listen.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

Heart to Heart [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart to Heart [C]   Heart to Heart [C] EmptyTue 3 May 2022 - 0:17

"One question at a time," Thalia teased, light-hearted about it despite herself. Time and distance, and the thrill of sharing history with someone else, she supposed. "How many of us were taken... Maybe two or three from most of the Clans, I think? I was the only one they took from ThunderClan, I know that much." She rested her head on her paws as she continued, "About what happened to Asylum- we'll get there eventually, I promise. They're not here anymore, though- except for some of us, if you count that."

"As for how Flintstar saved my life," she carried on, "I was... I wasn't in a good place at the time. Everything I knew was wrong, I had failed the only home I'd ever known. And, um... In retrospect," she murmured, voice lowering with a hint of shame. "I was, perhaps, a little bit- Well, to be completely honest, I was completely and utterly mouse-brained. I was waiting on the Thunderpath, as I said, to meet with a friend. He didn't show at first, though, and instead I met Flintstar- I didn't know his name, or that he was a leader, until just before he left. Just that he was telling me to pick a side to stand on, since I had been dtanding in the middle of it at the time."

She covered her face with her paws. Sacred stars, this was embarrassing to look back on. "He tried to warn me, but... I didn't listen. There was a... Slight misinterpretation on my part of what he meant by there being monsters on the path. I, um, may have tried to fight one." She removed her paws, then, looking over to the elder's den where Flintshard still resided. "He didn't care that I wasn't ShadowClan, or even that I was Asylum- not a Clan cat at all. He still pushed me out of the way at the cost of one of his lives. I was pretty shocked to see him attacked by one of those things and just stand up after, though."

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

Heart to Heart [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart to Heart [C]   Heart to Heart [C] EmptyWed 4 May 2022 - 13:56

Iceheart

The story made her heart skip a beat and Iceheart looked towards the elder’s den too. She had not actually spoken to Flintshard, and had only vaguely been aware that he was once a leader. By the time she grew interested enough to want to speak with him, the Dark Forest invaded and all desire to speak to anyone had vanished.

Her gaze returned to Thalia. “If you don’t know about the nine lives, I’m sure that would be quite startling,” she agreed. “It’s wonderful that he saved you, though. I’m glad he did.” While they hadn’t had as much time together as mentor and apprentice as most did, Iceheart was still grateful for the things that Thalia taught her in that short time. “So after he saved you, what did you do?”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

Heart to Heart [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart to Heart [C]   Heart to Heart [C] EmptyThu 5 May 2022 - 12:44

"Well, like I said - we told the others the truth. And not long after that, Roe - my sort-of mentor - disappeared overnight," Thalia continued, a displeased expression crossing her face despite herself. What had happened still left a bitter taste in her mouth, all this time later. "It wasn't clear what had happened to him, but... There were whispers. We learned when we were summoned to meet with Eris - the head of Asylum," she explained, recalling that most of the names had been lost to time and a desire to forget. Eris' might have been among the survivors, as well as Theron, but the rest...

She doubted that most cats had any need for the knowledge now. They probably thought it better to forget, and she couldn't hold a grudge against them for that. But she'd known them all her life. "They had made the clearing of Fourtrees into a prison. Any cats who fell out of line... Well. They were in poor shape- the Clan cats especially, but there had been some of our own among them... Including Roe. Before we could learn why we were summoned there, though... A group of Clan cats charged the clearing, one of them taking on Eris alone, and suddenly there was nothing but chaos. We had a choice to make."

Thalia closed her eyes, recalling the details of the battleground. It was... Unpleasant, thoroughly so, but she had to remember what had happened if she wanted to tell the story. "We chose to fight against those who had raised us. The right choice isn't always an easy one to make, is it? They had loved us, and we - or at least I - had loved them. I still do, even now, with all the things I know. A part of me wonders if that changes how you see me, but... I won't lie to you. I was lied to all my life, and yet... The love was real, I think. It's just that it wasn't enough to change things."

They had loved and been loved in turn, whatever else had happened. Sometimes that love was twisted in some way, but it was always there. "I don't... I don't remember much of the fight," she admitted. "I think I forgot most of it on purpose... It was..." She paused, taking a moment to gather her thoughts. "After the battle was won, when we started to regroup, one of the Asylum cats came for me. I would have died then and there. He'd said, he was going to- someone else would be wearing my skin, if not for Katana. She saved us both. Others lost their lives, not all of them Asylum... But Asylum itself died that day, in every way that matters."

A quiet sigh escaped her. "That night, and the names I still remember... Warriors of the forest, and the Asylum cats that made us who we were... It still haunts me, sometimes. If we had known before, if we had done things differently, if they had been just a little more willing to listen... How many lives might have been spared? Could less blood have been spilled?"

The rest of the story, at least, was far more bitterwseet. But she needed a moment to recover, blood-splattered grass all she could see whenever she dared to close her eyes. So much time and effort toward being able to fight, and it was this simple memory that made her so afraid again. She would be fine, she reminded herself. Just breathe.

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

Heart to Heart [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart to Heart [C]   Heart to Heart [C] EmptySat 7 May 2022 - 10:53

Iceheart

Iceheart listened to Thalia’s story silently. It was clear that even speaking of this was hard and painful for Thalia, and Iceheart regretted asking in the first place, if it meant causing pain to her mentor. Their curiosity was satiated, but their mentor was pained in return, and it made Iceheart’s stomach curl with unease. She reached out and tentatively placed a paw over Thalia’s. She was never one for comforting, exactly, but she hoped that even the small gesture would provide something for Thalia.

“You’ve been through so much,” Iceheart murmured. “And you’ve come out stronger. You don’t have to keep going if it’s too much, but if you do, I’m still here to listen.” She wished she’d learned more of her mentor when she was still an apprentice, but she hoped that being willing to listen now was still worth something.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

Heart to Heart [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart to Heart [C]   Heart to Heart [C] EmptySun 8 May 2022 - 11:07

Thalia nodded slowly, relaxing at the contact of Iceheart's paw on hers. "I don't know that it made me stronger... But it shaped me into who I am, and that's still important. That said... I still think the rest of the story is worth remembering. All of it is, even the hard parts, but..." This is the part that no one here is going to remember, one day, she thought but didn't say. Because it doesn't matter to them. "After the battle was over, Asylum was defeated... Some cats scattered. Others stayed, to figure out what happened next."

This memory was painful in a different way, the reminder of a chance she didn't take. "Before Asylum, there was something else," she spoke softly, trying to recall Roe's words. "A place of knowledge and truth-seekers, protectors and healers... A place called Oasis. Roe led those who wanted to do something good, to reclaim the legacy that was once ours..." Her voice fell to a whisper. A secret she hadn't spoken in some time. "I wanted to go, too. I wanted nothing more than to follow him into something new, to do what I had been told I was doing all my life... But he told me to stay. He told all of us to stay, actually, the kits they stole from the Clans... To find a new place here. To right some of the wrongs that had been done. So I did. If he didn't want me to follow, I wouldn't. Not yet. But..."

It was different.

"I told you," she sighed, "that my mother left me on ThunderClan land, didn't I? She was- I was-" This was the other secret that she hadn't spoken since she came to ShadowClan; hadn't spoken a word about it since she told Flintstar in her desperation. "I was born to Asylum. When the kits I was raised with went on to find their parents and siblings in the forest, I left mine behind again- or maybe they left me. It doesn't matter now, when Asylum is long dead and I've been here for as many moons as I have, but... It's important to me, to remember. To reclaim that legacy for myself."

And someday, when I've done all I can in ShadowClan, I'll find my way home again.

"Katana promised me that once she learned where she was from, she'd come back to me. She never did, but... I don't think I'll ever be able to stop waiting. Not completely. I don't know if she just never found the truth, or if something happened to her..." Thalia closed her eyes for just a moment, remembering the words. "After everything was settled, I was left to find a new place to belong... I had no memory of ThunderClan, and I couldn't live knowing they saw a ghost every time they looked at me, but I remembered Flintstar from the incident with the Thunderpath, and I took a chance. And, well... He let me stay here, in ShadowClan. It helped, I think, that I wasn't the only one - it turned out that one of my closest friends was from ShadowClan, and that made it a lot easier to adjust. It still wasn't easy, but I'm happy now, and I'd like to think I'm doing what I set out to do."

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

Heart to Heart [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart to Heart [C]   Heart to Heart [C] EmptyTue 10 May 2022 - 22:33

Iceheart

Iceheart remained patiently quiet while she let Thalia speak and pause and ponder before speaking again. As her story drew to a close, Iceheart felt her heart ache for Thalia. She knew there was more to her mentor than there appeared, given her name and scars, but she hadn’t realized just how much history she had held onto. She was a cat of so many origins—ThunderClan, Asylum, ShadowClan…A cat from nowhere and everywhere. From her story, it sounded like she’d been through more than what some cats would experience in a lifetime. Thalia was like a hero from one of the elder’s stories, but her happily ever after consisted of settling down and waiting for a friend that may never return.

“I…cannot offer much in terms of comfort,” Iceheart mewed slowly. “I’m still young. I’ve scarcely experienced the world. You’ve gone through far more than I have, and we haven’t known each other for long. But…if it is worth anything, I’m very glad that you chose to settle here.” She looked down at the grass, suddenly feeling too self-conscious to meet Thalia’s gaze. “While I was not an apprentice for long under your tutelage, I…I have felt most at-ease around you than I have around anyone in…a while.” Not since Ratrunner or Forestpaw were still around.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP