Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

No Sign of a Rose [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2969

No Sign of a Rose [C] Empty
PostSubject: No Sign of a Rose [C]   No Sign of a Rose [C] EmptyMon 14 Mar 2022 - 21:07

WindClan Camp - Late Afternoon

Whisperkit sat attentively at the edge of camp, trying to see out of the gorse tunnel for any sign of Batsong’s return. Rosepaw has been missing for nearly half a moon now, apparently having gone missing during the Gathering. Whisperkit knew that Batsong had been working tirelessly every day to search for her missing apprentice. Whisperkit wished they could go out and help, but there was nothing that a kit with no training could do to help, and it would only serve as a greater danger for them to be out and about.

Since they couldn’t go out and search, Whisperkit always made sure to wait for Batsong’s return when the sun began to sink toward the horizon. Their eyes remained firmly planted at the end of the tunnel, hoping and wishing that they would see Rosepaw’s ginger form suddenly come racing over the foliage. The thought made Whisperkit’s heart ache. If they hadn’t found her by now, would there be anything to find anymore? Something could have happened to her, she could have gotten hurt, or stolen by another clan, or taken by a Twoleg, or…

Whisperkit bowed their head and shuddered to try and force the memory away. They looked down at the colorful rock they held under their paws. Their last gift from Rosepaw, alongside the feather. Its colors were rippled and beautiful, the face of the rock smooth and soft.

Having this in my paws helps me concentrate, I'd like you to have it. I hope it helps you listen!

Whisperkit shut their eyes tight and turned out their ears to listen to the wind. The breeze carried no voices as it blew gently through the camp. The wind hadn’t said much of anything since Rosepaw disappeared. They opened their eyes, gazing down sadly at the gift. It almost felt like a goodbye gift now, even though they knew Rosepaw hadn’t meant it that way.

They heard a rustle and looked up to see Batsong returning. They hurriedly grabbed the rock in their jaw to keep it close to them as they raced up to the black she-cat. They looked around, for a brief moment hope swelling that she had someone with her—but there was no one. She had returned alone, again.

“No sign of her?” Whisperkit mewed, their voice slightly garbled through the rock. They began to walk in step with Batsong into the camp.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2868

PostSubject: Re: No Sign of a Rose [C]   No Sign of a Rose [C] EmptyMon 14 Mar 2022 - 21:18

Batsong met Whisperkits eyes with wide sad eyes of her own and shook her head a several tear drops fell from her. "i---im trying as h--hard as I can... but there is no signs of her." she stuttered as her voice turned to a sob.

She drew in a shaky breath as she walked alongside Whisperkit. She subconsciously led them both to the apprentice den although upon arriving there Batsong was unsure how subconscious it truly was.

Batsong sat quietly at the opening of the apprentice den in camp next to Whisperkit. Rosepaw's nest lay empty at the pairs feet and it had been that way for quite some time now. Rosepaw had gone missing and during the first few days Batsong had looked for her relentlessly without sleep, often staying out all night scouring the moor for her lost apprentice. She searched the entirety of the borders several times checking every possible place she could have thought of. She checked in every tunnel that ran beneath their land to all dead ends of the tunnels. She tried every tracking trick in the book from trying to follow scent trails to following pawprints in the snow that was starting to soften up... all of them came up empty. As the days of her missing turned to a week Batsong had given into despair. She still searched for her every day but deep down she knew with each passing day the odds of ever seeing her friend and apprentice again lessened exponentially quickly. She squeezed her eyes shut and rested her head on her front paws in front of Rosepaws now abandon nest. The scent of her was old and it would not be long now before Batsong would lose that too only to be a memory. None of this was fair. She had failed her apprentice. Rosepaw had always been there for her, even at her lowest points such as after the rouge attack. Rosepaw had held her secret of her relation with Slightfrost. She remembered back to the day she told her that, the day they met. She had saved the young kitten from getting swooped up by a hawk. It seemed like just yesterday but at the same time it also felt like lifetimes ago.

OOC: The topic for that is here for those curious enough:
https://warriorclancats.forumotion.com/t46670-get-back-in-the-nursery

Something flickered when a wind blew into the apprentice den and it caught Batsongs eye making her jump a little what was that! She focused on the object floating in the wind and her heart went heavy with grief recognizing it as the blue feather she had gifted Rosekit to replace the one she had lost. Rosepaw must have kept it all this time and put it in their moss bedding for safe keeping.

OOC: Again, for those curious, this is that topic... explaining more background https://warriorclancats.forumotion.com/t46705-hollow-gaze-open

It floated a short distance in front of Batsong but when she went to try and grab it a strong updraft wind blew it just out of reach and it sailed out of reach into the sky lost forever just like its owner. "noooo" she protested as it escaped her grasp. Batsong couldnt help but cry as she watched it slip beyond her, she would have liked to hold onto it... it seemed a little silly to her but it was something of Rosepaws that she could hold onto as if in some small way she could keep some amount of her friend as silly as it sounded. Now it, just as Rosepaw was beyond her reach or aid. She felt so helpless.

She tracked it with her eyes until it all but faded out of sight, looking to the sky following the feather she saw the pink dawn of the sun slowly rising, lighting up the clouds in a pinkish orange glow of radiance. The sunset looked like the pelt color of Rosepaw and she watched it slowly turn to darker and darker night in silence and memory of her now lost friend. "G...goodbye Rosepaw" she said in a whisper.

She turned to Whisperkit and wrapped her tail around them. She had lost one friend and she made a silent promise to herself to protect Whisperkit no matter what. "i--im so sorry w--ww...whisperkit" she muttered looking down to the kitten. "I---I c--c...cant find her as h--hard as I s--..search" each word hung heavy in her mouth as she talked and she kept Whisperkit close to her feeling an even higher sense of mothership for the kitten in an odd way. She had failed Rosepaw... she would not let herself fail Whisperkit.

OOC: for closure of this post and this in general I will switch to a higher level of narrative (meaning further disconnected from Batsong)
Batsong would never learn what became of Rosepaw, she would continue searching for many moons afterwards always holding onto the slightest amount of hope even though the logical side of her knew it was over. Over time she would convince herself that Rosepaw had made it out of the forest alive and well and was living somewhere happy as ever. Perhaps a twoleg family had adopted her Batsong would think on some days. On other days Batsong would believe that Rosepaw had found Flamepaw and that the two of them lived happily ever after. Still on other days she believed that Rosepaw had found true happiness in a quite separate forest and lived happily ever after till the end of her days in isolation but contentment. On all days however, she looked to the rising sun colors in the sky and remembered her in the earliest moments of the day.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: No Sign of a Rose [C]   No Sign of a Rose [C] EmptyMon 14 Mar 2022 - 21:32

Whisperkit

Whisperkit dropped the rock at their feet and pressed their nose into Batsong’s flank, wishing they could be of more comfort for their poor friend. They couldn’t watch the feather once it had gotten swooped away with a big gust of wind and instead, they buried their face deeper into Batsong’s fur. Whisperkit had never quite felt their age until now, with their friend long gone and having Batsong to comfort them. They felt truly like a kit, just small and young and nothing they could do to help anyone.

“It’s not your fault,” Whisperkit mewed. Because, how could it be? Batsong was a wonderful mentor and cared for Rosepaw like her own kit. Batsong never would have let anything happen to Rosepaw if she could help it. She had gone out for days, for almost an entire day each time. Whisperkit didn’t know where all she’d gone, but they knew that Batsong much have searched absolutely everywhere. It was time to say goodbye to Rosepaw, as much as neither of them wanted to.

Whisperkit turned their head to gaze at the sky, seeing the orange glow disappear into darker blues. They didn’t speak, too much emotion welling up inside of them. Goodbye, Rosepaw, they thought with a heavy heart. The farewell brought tears to their eyes and their eyes and they shut them tightly for a moment. The wind blew around them and Whisperkit swore that they heard their farewell being carried on the wind.

“You’ve done so much, Batsong.” They looked up at the black cat with their big amber eyes. “I think it’s time you got to rest.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: No Sign of a Rose [C]   No Sign of a Rose [C] EmptyMon 14 Mar 2022 - 22:15

Batsong felt Whisperkit nuzzle into her and she cried uncontrollably. Whisperkit tried to tell them it was not her fault and while Batsong knew that was true, she would always carry some amount of guilt for her gone apprentice. She was reminded how suddenly things could occur and this reminded her all to well of how her parents died. One moment they were fine the next greencough had taken them.... ever since then Mistysky and Swiftspirit had raised her in the most unlikely of relations that would likely never had arisen if not were for the unique circumstatnces...

Now that she thought about it... Whisperkits mother was gone too, Sundrop who had passed away while Whisperkit was so young... even younger than when Batsong lost her parents.

Perhaps this is why she felt so protective of Whisperkit... and now with the forest being filled with such terrible ... things... she had good reason to be. If any of those Dark forest cats did so much as to touch Whisperkit she would send them back to their end for good this time if it was the last thing she did.

Whisperkit was wise beyond their age in alot of ways and they were right... Batsong and Whisperkit did have to let Rosepaw go as much as it hurt to do so.

She held Whisperkit close with her tail as the wind continued. The wind annoyed Batsong... ironically as that was but Whisperkit had always seemed to like it and they's ears always perked during heavy wind as if listening to it for secrets. She nodded listending to the kits advise. "You are probably right." she murmmored.

Still... she felt as if she owed Rosepaw something more... the usual shy black furred molly was not one famous for her words or talking at all really but this once she felt she owed something said.

"R-rosepaw, y-y...you always saw the best in us. Your kindness and energetic positive nature i-i...is something I will always h-hold close. I h-hope you find a h--...happier life somewhere out there away from all the troubles of this forest... someplace warm where the prey always runs as free as your spirit always did. ... Im sorry we d..d...didnt have more time together but ill cherish what we had till the end of t--t..ti" the last words refused to co-operate as she fell to silence. That was the longest she had ever talked really in a long time. The disaperence or Rosepaw had made her go even more silent than usual and it would likely be the longest she would talk until they were reunited in another lifetime far beyond the stars.

She nudged Whisperkit toward the nursery "Speaking of cats who need rest!" she muttered with a little grin on her mouth for once. She gave a signature mischevious wink to Whisperkit.

Once at the nursery she knelt beside them... "Whisperkit???" she said in a hushed tone that only they would be able to hear and even with they's large ears would be quite.

"I know these strange cats are scary... I'm scared too ... but I p---rp...promise.
I wont let them h--hurt you"
she said in the same quietness.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: No Sign of a Rose [C]   No Sign of a Rose [C] EmptyMon 14 Mar 2022 - 23:53

Whisperkit

Whisperkit remained silent during Batsong’s speech. They leaned against Batsong, taking comfort in their warm fur and taking in their words. They tried to imagine that new place for Rosepaw, and as much as it still hurt, it did also make them smile a bit. If Rosepaw was somewhere better--somewhere happier and warmer and fuller of food—then it was okay that she was gone. Whisperkit would always miss her, but if she was happy, then that was what they cared about.

They were a bit startled at Batsong’s smile. It had been so long since Whisperkit had seen it; but they also were relieved to see a smile, if only for a moment. They quickly picked up Rosepaw’s rock from the ground and followed quickly alongside the warrior. Once inside the nursery, they securely placed the rock in their nest, alongside the feather that they hold so dear.

Whisperkit looked up at Batsong and their ears turned towards her to listen carefully to her hushed words. Their blood ran cold and their gaze wandered back out of the nursery. The undead cats that had returned with the clan after the Gathering had been…a sight to behold, to say the least. It turned Whisperkit’s stomach upside down to look at them for too long. But Batsong’s reassurances put them a little more at ease. They shifted towards Batsong and pressed their face into her fur, purring softly.

“Thank you.” Whisperkit smiles softly and gives Batsong a gentle lick. “I’m lucky to have such a great warrior looking after me.” Since their mother had passed, they hadn’t felt quite close with any of the queens in the nursery. But Batsong was so kind and gentle. They were so grateful that Rosepaw had introduced them to such a wonderful cat.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: No Sign of a Rose [C]   No Sign of a Rose [C] EmptyTue 15 Mar 2022 - 0:08

Batsong gave the breifest of smiles hearing Whisperkits words before it vanished again as per the usual during such dark times of late. "S...w...swiftspirit took me in w-when I was all alone" she meowed "M-...mistysky too." she stuttered. She rubbed the top of Whisperkits head gently with her tail. Whisperkit had a bit of a distant gaze as per usual but Batsong knew they could still hear her and follow the conversation "If any of t--those t..things bother you, you t-ttell me" she meowed quietly.

"g..g--..get some r...rest" she encouraged. She knew Whisperkit tired easily and the missing of Rosepaw and the recent return of the literal undead was a heavy topic sure to tire them... it tired Batsong for sure. She lay nearby Whisperkit keeping her tail wrapped around them as if trying to shield them from the nightmares that stalked outside the nursery in the evil forms that they now were.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: No Sign of a Rose [C]   No Sign of a Rose [C] EmptyTue 15 Mar 2022 - 0:22

Whisperkit

Whisperkit wasn’t sure if they would be able to sleep in the nursery after everything that had happened that day, but when Batsong settled down without even having to ask, Whisperkit was immediately put at ease. Rather than just snuggling in their nest, they shifted to be snuggled up right against Batsong’s flank. They pressed into her fur and rested their chin on one of her legs. The fatigue overwhelmed them immediately and their eyes began to slide shut. They spotted their rock for a brief moment and then their eyelids closed entirely. In the warm care of Batsong, Whisperkit easily drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

[End.]

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan