Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Hollow Gaze [OPEN]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2969

Hollow Gaze [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Hollow Gaze [OPEN]   Hollow Gaze [OPEN] EmptyFri 11 Feb 2022 - 0:05

Whisperkit didn't often make it a habit to leave the nursery. The days were short and the cold was getting stronger, and Whisperkit did not exactly have a thick coat to help endure against the harsh winds that blew through the camp. But the winds were exactly what coaxed Whisperkit out of the nursery each day.

They wandered out, taking a couple of the paths where the snow had not quite built up on their valley ground. In the middle of camp, where the wind blew strongest, Whisperkit sat and listened. The wind howled in their ears and they swore that they could hear voices amidst the harsh cold whisps. Their ears twitched and they let their mind shut down a bit as they put all of their focus into trying to decipher the whispers they heard.

Unfortunately for Whisperkit, while they allowed their mind to shut down and zone out, their gaze remained firmly locked on another cat. It seemed just like Whisperkit was staring at them with a strange contemplative and almost judgmental expression on their blank face.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Hollow Gaze [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hollow Gaze [OPEN]   Hollow Gaze [OPEN] EmptyFri 11 Feb 2022 - 18:02

Rosekit loved the wild days when the wind howled through the usually sheltered dip in the moor. She could stay out as long as she liked, until her ears and paw pads stung and her nose felt froze and numb, with no mama in the nursery with her to tell Rosekit to get back in the warm, although Batsong might.

The wind buffeted her and whipped the kitten's wispy, rosy fur. Her warm yellow-orange eyes were half-shut as she quietly watched the snowflakes swirl and her clanmates who were out braving the cold. Rosekit stood suddenly still as she passed through the oddly locked gaze of the other kitten in the nursery, who still looked too little to be out in the snow, thin white and silver fur blending into the surroundings, apparently staring at someone behind Rosekit.

The gaze was unnerving, blank, contemplative and almost judgemental. Unmoving. Hmm? 

They weren't watching... their large white ears twitched. "Ohh, you're listening!" exclaimed Rosekit. She approached, almost tripping over her too-big paws in haste. The wind was louder than ever here in the centre of the low valley, howling and drowning out all other sounds. 

"It really seems like the wind has something to say today, hey?" she chirped. "What do you hear?" she inquired seriously. One of WindClan's most ancient tales, her big brother had told it to her, was that we wasn't closest to StarClan just because we were closest to the sky, but because we could listen to the messages of the wind. Rosekit wondered if that was why some WindClan cats had such big ears. Her own over-large tufted ears twitched thoughtfully. "Oh sorry! I'm Rosekit," she mewed. Realising she towered over the younger sitting kitten on her already growing legs, Rosekit lowered herself down comfortably onto her paws, tucking her chin against the soft fluffy fur of her chest.

OOC: sorry i couldn't resist, your character is so cool, hi! <3 
someone else is still free to be the cat whisper was staring at
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

Hollow Gaze [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hollow Gaze [OPEN]   Hollow Gaze [OPEN] EmptyFri 11 Feb 2022 - 18:12

Whisperkit was snatched out of their trance at the sudden explanation of a fellow kit. They watched Rosekit approach and nearly take a tumble, which made Whisperkit have to resist letting out a laugh. They watched Rosekit and shuffled where they sat to face her more fully.

"I'm Whisperkit," they meowed. A shiver ran through their body to keep themself warm as the cold nipped around them. They tilted their head and one ear turned to listen to another howl of wind that whipped through the camp. "It's hard to hear, but I keep thinking I hear voices. The queens say I'm imagining, but sometimes they sound really clear."

Their gaze returned to Rosekit. "Was I staring? The queens say that it's quite rude, so I'm sorry if I was. It's easy for me to get distracted." They stood and stretched out on their paws before standing fully--though even at their full height, they're only as tall as Rosekit when she was crouching for them. "Would you like to walk around camp? Sitting still makes me feel colder."

[OOC: Happy to have you! Rosekit is SO cute!!]

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Hollow Gaze [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hollow Gaze [OPEN]   Hollow Gaze [OPEN] EmptyFri 11 Feb 2022 - 18:51

Rosekit's mouth opened in a little o of wonder, so it was voices in the wind like the stories! Whisperkit listened again and the question, what do they say to you? almost tumbled out of her mouth. But she shut it again, not knowing if it was a secret. She simply nodded, warm eyes shining, accepting their explanation. 

Rosekit shook her head, meowing with a tiny giggle, "Not at me," and casting her head back over her shoulder. She hoped their older clanmate wasn't grumpy. 

Whisperkit got to their paws and stretched, standing only half as tall. "Yeah, brrr!" Rosekit's fur was still kitten-soft too, and though fluffy was still thin too. But Whisperkit seemed much colder, and shyly Rosekit's long wispy tail drifted down to rest over them like a scarf as the pair of kittens set off.

]OOC: thanks so much! <3]
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2868

Hollow Gaze [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hollow Gaze [OPEN]   Hollow Gaze [OPEN] EmptyFri 11 Feb 2022 - 21:51

Batsong sat outside the warriors den as the wind blew through the camp, she fluffed out her fur twitching slightly as it was stronger than usual it seemed today.

Glancing over she saw the kitten pair walking along and grinned happily she was happy to see them.

She shyly walked over to them, she was shy and a bit of an introvert until you got to know her.  She also had a heavy stutter whenever she spoke.

"H-h... h.   Hello Rosekit" she stuttered giving her young friend a warm smile.

"W-w... who's your new friend?" she added on looking at whisperkit with a grin as well.

my n-n..na--...name is Batsong she introduced herself with her usual stutter,

she sighed wishing so much that she could talk normally.
although shy Batsong is very warm and welcoming

she fussed a little bit wrapping her tail around the pair of kittens to keep them warmer from the cold wind and harsh weather.

aww i-i..its quite cold for you two to be out and about she added on.  but she didnt really want to send them back inside, that would not be cool she thought, hmm she would keep a close eye on them though.  She walked alongside the pair turning it into a trio now.

She remembered something and her eyes widened happily, she plucked out a blue feather from behind her ear and held it out to Rosekit,

h-h... here I got you something she said happily,

to replace the one that was lost the other day... and d-d..dont worry I still have my original... see? she pointed to the white feather she still had from Slightpaw.

She grinned happily hoping that Rosekit would not feel so bad in taking this one.

She looked over to whisperkit next hmm we will have to get you started on a collection too if you want? Rosekit has lots of cool things she has gathered with help from her brother she explained.

OOC: This is the post that Batsong got that if anyone was curious Blue Feather Topic

OOC: isla in your post you mentioned rosekit's moma was not in the nursery, did rosekit lose her mom? or is she just out doing other things?

More Swiftheart

Last edited by swiftheart on Fri 11 Feb 2022 - 23:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

Hollow Gaze [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hollow Gaze [OPEN]   Hollow Gaze [OPEN] EmptyFri 11 Feb 2022 - 23:02

Whisperkit looks with surprise at Rosekit when her tail came to rest across their back, but they relax and step a bit closer to Rosekit's fluffier body. They enjoy wandering in the cold, but it can make their sensitive ears and small body quite chilled, so the warmth from their fellow kit is quite appreciated.

They looked to a new voice that called across the camp, spotting the warrior. What a treat! Whisperkit is meeting so many new cats on their walk today.

"Pleased to meet you," Whisperkit says politely, remembering the manners the queens taught them. "I'm Whisperkit. The cold doesn't bother us too terribly, but we'll return to the nursery before we catch a sickness." To emphasize their point, they snuggle further against Rosekit, sapping a bit of her warmth, but proving that they would both find a way to keep warm. "I hope we aren't a bother to you."

[OOC: Thank you for joining us swift :D]

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Hollow Gaze [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hollow Gaze [OPEN]   Hollow Gaze [OPEN] EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 17:32

"Hi Batsong," meowed Rosekit happily, wow Whisperkit is so polite! She stared at her new friend impressed. Rosekit's mama hadn't stayed in the nursery after she was born, and with Hentooth recovering from her journey home, there had been no cat but Rosekit... until Whisperkit and their family. No cat had taught her proper manners. Then suddenly there were queens in the nursery.

"Pppfff!" she mewed dramatically as Batsong's tail wrapped over them both and tickled her nose, but she grinned up at her friend playfully. Whisperkit snuggled closer and Rosekit was happy the two kittens could huddle together from the cold. "Don't worry," she told Whisperkit seriously, "Batsong won't tell us to go inside, she's way too cool for that," and gave both cats a clumsy wink.

Rosekit's eyes widened and she let out a cloudy breath of excitement when Batsong pulled out the feather. It was vibrant blue, more blue even than lightning against storm clouds. "Wow... thank you Batsong!" she held out her paws and cupped the feather softly. "It's so beautiful!" With Slightpaw's feather tucked behind her friend's ear, Rosekit happily accepted the gift.

"Can I give you one of my treasures?" Rosekit asked Whisperkit excitedly, then all three friends would have something beautiful, or maybe they would find one on their walk.

OOC: oh happy birthday swiftheart!! <3 Hollow Gaze [OPEN] 1f495 

Last edited by isla on Sun 13 Feb 2022 - 18:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Hollow Gaze [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hollow Gaze [OPEN]   Hollow Gaze [OPEN] EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 22:28

Batsong purred happily as the three walked along together.
You are n-n..never a bother she reassured Whisperkit, with a stutter
I enjoy being around you b-bo..b- both she stumbled over the words clumsily and looked at her paws embarrassed slightly.

she giggled at Rosekit's reasoning about not sending them in and nodded a yes, playing along
Batsong smiled happily as Rosekit inspected the gift. Hmm g-g...good idea Rosekit

[OOC: Thank you both so much :) ]

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

Hollow Gaze [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hollow Gaze [OPEN]   Hollow Gaze [OPEN] EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 22:45

Whisperkit looked surprised at Rosekit's offer of a treasure. They glanced at the feather Batsong balances behind their ear and then back to Rosekit. They had never received a gift before--not that that meant much, given their young age, but it still charmed them.

"Of course you can," they replied. They were curious about what gift Rosekit could offer up. Would it be another feather, so they all match?

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Hollow Gaze [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hollow Gaze [OPEN]   Hollow Gaze [OPEN] EmptySun 13 Feb 2022 - 19:21

"I'll show you!" When their paws led them all back past the nursery, Rosekit ushered Batsong and Whisperkit inside. Rosekit breathed a sigh of happiness as the warmth of the cosy den enveloped her. It really had been cold out. 

She padded to the back of the den and around a corner that didn't look like was there, and into a little alcove in the gorse walls. Glimmering objects found along the thunder path were woven into the ceiling above, low enough for a grown cat to reach, and catching the soft leaf-bare sunlight. The wind didn't reach into the cosy tangle of gorse, enveloping the hollow in peaceful silence. "If you like it you can come here any time," meowed Rosekit, though a sudden worry gripped her that her new friends wouldn't like it. Shyly, Rosekit began to snatch up her favourite treasures from the nook of a branch here, a cradle of roots there, and laid them at her friends' paws. 

She laid down a bunch of small purple dried flowers abundant on the moors, easy to store dried and a medicine if used right. Rosekit just thought it smelled nice. "The smell might help you to sleep, too, I hope," she mewed, gingerly offering a bunch to Batsong for her nightmares, and a sprig to Whisperkit to sniff. If they liked it, they could add it to their nest.

Rosekit rolled a small stone to Whisperkit, an unusual colour, perfectly smooth, and patterned with rings like the ripples if it would make if dropped into a pond. "Having this in my paws helps me concentrate, I'd like you to have it," explained Rosekit, "I hope it helps you listen!" Finally, two beautiful feathers floated onto the earth. She had picked the colours she thought would look nice with her friends' fur, and offered one to each.

She shuffled her paws embarrassed.

[OOC: thank you Xaan for the art of rosekit, i love it so, so much! ♡]

Hollow Gaze [OPEN] TzUK2cb

Last edited by isla on Sun 13 Feb 2022 - 21:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Hollow Gaze [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hollow Gaze [OPEN]   Hollow Gaze [OPEN] EmptySun 13 Feb 2022 - 21:12

Batsong followed Rosekit into the dark nursery. She blinked a couple times her eyes still adjusting to the darkness of it.

Around the corner the soft light helped.

I r-r-r...really like your col-col... collect--.. she stumbled pretty hard over the words.  Sighing she sat down quietly hopefully her friends would understand.  She had this speaking problem since she was a kit and the loss of her parents as an apprentice made it much worse and also caused the nightmares that were mentioned.

She sniffed at the flowers. They smelled so pleasant.  Rosekit explained their sleeping bonus and Batsong purred softly... Rosekit had known about her nightmares and had thought of this to help her?? awww... she grinned widely.  awwwee... Rosekit, that is so thoughtful of you.
th-thank you so m-m-much
she whispered

Batsong took the gift happily and would put it in her nest for sure!

She looked at the feathers and smiled "oh yay!" she squealed happily

we can all m-m.m... match now she purred.

o-on-...only if you want to Whisperkit. Please d-d-d...dont feel pressured she added on looking at them with a soft shy grin.

She sat next to her 2 friends purring softly hmm b-b-before you know it you 2 will be ap-..a... apprentices! she purred stuttering as usual.

Wh-w...what m-mentors w-w,...would you want? she asked tilting her head curious as to what they thought about it in general as well she hoped they were excited for it.

[OOC: Thank you so much for Batsong art also btw :) I love it so much!
Rosekit art is also so cute!!! love them all so much you are amazing artist!
]

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

Hollow Gaze [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hollow Gaze [OPEN]   Hollow Gaze [OPEN] EmptySun 13 Feb 2022 - 21:35

As they entered the nursery, Whisperkit shook their body a bit to get rid of the chill that clung to their short fur. The nursery felt quite welcoming now after they'd started to freeze out in the cold.

Their curiosity only grew when Rosekit led them behind a hidden corner. Their eyes widened in wonder as they looked at the sparkling curiosities. While Batsong stumbled for her words, Whisperkit sat and closed their eyes briefly. Their ears perked and tried to listen, but no wind reached this far back in the nursery. It was...quiet. And that was kind of nice. Whisperkit loved the wind, but they also loved taking moments away from it.

Whisperkit opened their eyes when offered the flower. They leaned in and took a sniff, but the pollen and smell immediately overwhelmed him and he let out a sneeze. They rubbed their paw against their nose and said, "I-It...It does smell lovely. Just a little too much maybe."

The next gift came far more pleasantly. Their tail flicked eagerly when Rosekit rolled the stone to them. They leaned down, looking over the rings in the rock as their pupils grow large with excitement. "Really? For me?" they meowed. They carefully placed their paws over the rock and closed their eyes. Their ears perked up again and--yes! There it was! Even from here, they could hear the wind a bit more.

Whisperkit sat taller and gave Rosekit a smile. "I love it! I think it works!" They pulled the stone closer. "I will cherish this, Rosekit. Thank you."

But the gifts were not even done there! When the feathers were presented, Whisperkit gave a purr. They clumsily grabbed at the feather with their paw and tried to slip it as best they could against their fur. Their fur was far shorter than Rosekit's or Batsong's, but they wanted to hold onto the beautiful feather.

"I love it," Whisperkit said softly, admiring the beautiful gifts Rosekit provided.

[OOC: Aww glad y'all like them!! I loved drawing them <3]

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Last edited by xaandiir on Sun 13 Feb 2022 - 22:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Hollow Gaze [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hollow Gaze [OPEN]   Hollow Gaze [OPEN] EmptySun 13 Feb 2022 - 22:04

Rosekit was so happy at her friends' reactions. Her yellow-orange eyes shone and she let out a deep throaty purr. "I'm so glad!"

Rosekit didn't even need to consider Batsong's question for a heartbeat. "You, Batsong!" she meowed. She turned to Whisperkit with a big smile, "I can't wait to be apprentices together!" Truthfully Rosekit didn't want to leave the nursery so soon just as she had a friend, so she thought of that to look forward to.

<3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hollow Gaze [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hollow Gaze [OPEN]   Hollow Gaze [OPEN] Empty

Back to top Go down

Hollow Gaze [OPEN]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Camp-
Jump to: