Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2870

New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED]   New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptySun 13 Mar 2022 - 8:21

OOC: that is really too bad to hear Cry I am going to miss isla alot and my muse for playing at all is at an all time low due to this news.  Rosepaw was such a fun character and this is hard to see that happen so sudden.

Batsong heard Whisperkit ask her question and she sniffed at the Burnet.  Yes it smelled familiar and she gave a nod and small grin to whisperkit. It was easier than talking right now and Batsong assumed Whisperkit would understand.  

She sniffed around nearby to see what else she could find...

Rolling dice...

Batsong has found... more lambs ear to keep it simple

With a flick of her tail she indicated to Whisperkit to follow along as she gathered her herbs she found so far up.

She walked over towards Scorchtalon, her mind was racing. He was her childhood friend  and they had known each other since their memories began really.  she giggled a little at the memory of daring him to sneak into the leaders den, and then he actually did it!  They were such playful kits back then.  the guilt of lying to him when she had snuck out of camp weighed heavily on her mind still and she felt awful about it.  She wished so much that she could tell him the truth between her and Slightfrost but it was such a delicate situation. Where could she even begin?

Upon getting to Scorchtalons location she gave him a soft smile and purred gently.  setting her herbs down nearby in a hidden location to free up her mouth for talking she approached him.

"h--.. h..hey   d..d..do you think w.w....w... we could talk later? Alone?" she stuttered looking at the fiery tom with a tilted head.  

Two things weighed heavily on her mind, the rouge attack that had her all stressed out and nervous and the guilt of hiding her relationship from her clanmates who she cared so much about.  She quivered a bit her whole body shaking with nerves.  she felt super lightheaded and dizzy and she stumbled a bit before quickly sitting down.  She had lost it and was full on freaking out the constant stress of looking over her shoulder in her own land for roughs and the responsibility she felt to keep Rosepaw and Whisperkit safe was alot.  This with the addition to the paranoia she constatntly felt of getting discovered with her skyclaner forced her to sit for awhile to clear her head.  She more so hoped her clanmates would not think she was crazy right now. hmm probably to late for that with her stutter and all, she saw that as a big hinderence and never really forgave herself for having that even though it was not even that big a deal.

She squeezed her eyes shut and counted back from 10 trying to calm down a bit before continueing on.

Batsong has found lambs ear... and is having a bit of a panic attack

More Swiftheart

Last edited by swiftheart on Sun 13 Mar 2022 - 8:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED]   New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptySun 13 Mar 2022 - 8:23

And I forgot to send the dice to see what I found.. hang on

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15117

PostSubject: Re: New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED]   New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptySun 13 Mar 2022 - 8:23

The member 'swiftheart' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 3

New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED] - Page 2 Mistpe10
New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED] - Page 2 Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2974

PostSubject: Re: New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED]   New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptySun 13 Mar 2022 - 8:48

Whisperkit

Whisperkit followed close to Batsong after she found more lamb’s ear. They carried the burnet they found in their jaw and trotted alongside Batsong after the guiding flick of her tail. They felt good that they had found some useful herbs and happily dropped it alongside Batsong’s herbs to be covered up until they headed back.

They looked up as Batsong spoke to Schorchtalon. The extra stutter in Batsong’s voice made Whisperkit’s heart ache. They wanted to help, but Batsong also wanted to speak to Scorchtalon. What could Whisperkit really do, anyway, to help her? They cared for Batsong, but they hadn’t spent enough time with her to know how best to help her when she’s having a bad time.

Instead, Whisperkit gave them a gentle headbutt and then moved away from the pair so they could speak alone with some privacy. They silently reminded themselves not to go too far, especially with the two cats distracted.

Not long after, a breeze whispered through the trees and caught Whisperkit’s attention. Their ears turned, trying to catch the voices they always thought they heard. They couldn’t make anything out amidst the rustle of the leaves, and so they continued walking for a bit, losing track of how far they were going away from their leaders. As they walked, they tried to keep an eye out for any other interesting plants. It didn’t take long until they found another small patch of that same plant from before. They pulled off a bit of the leaves, but weariness overtook them. They didn’t think they’d get tired so soon.

Whisperkit laid down beside the plant and laid down the herbs they’d pulled off beside them. They’d just rest for a moment and then get back to Batsong and Scorchtalon.

[Whisperkit found more burnet! And has seemed to wander off a bit.]

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
[Not Pictured]

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards

Last edited by xaandiir on Sun 13 Mar 2022 - 8:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED]   New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptySun 13 Mar 2022 - 8:48

The member 'xaandiir' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 2

Back to top Go down
zenpaii
Former Staff
Former Staff
zenpaii

Characters : [♠] ✞ Scorchtalon (W), [♞] ✞ Sootwhisker (SC), [♥] ✞ Sagepaw (W), [♣] Plumleaf (SKC), [♛] Beetleshade (T), [♚] Applespark (SC), [♜] Mudshriek (WC), [T]Tinyshadow (RC), [I]Irispaw (TC), [R]Rainpaw (WC), [S]Spider (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : [♠] ✞ Windclan (T5 Warrior), [♞] ✞ Shadowclan (T3 Warrior), [♥] ✞ Windclan (App), [♣] Skyclan (Tier 2 Hybrid Medicine Cat), [♛] Thunderclan (T5 Warrior), [♚] Shadowclan (T1 Warrior) [♜] Windclan (T2 Warrior), [T] Riverclan (T1 Warrior)
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 651

PostSubject: Re: New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED]   New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptySun 13 Mar 2022 - 9:26

Scorchtalon padded along with the herbs in his jaws, wrinkling his nose at the sharp scent. He wanted to set them down, but he wanted to find something else to add to his pile before doing so. He didn't want to risk putting them somewhere and forgetting where they were. Looking around at the other members of his patrol, he was glad to see that they seemed to have been having luck as well.

At this rate, the medicine den will be well-stocked in no time! He thought to himself happily.

He quickly noticed a familiar-looking purple flower peeking up out of the snow. Yes! He'd definitely seen this one before! He dropped the coltsfoot on the ground next to him before starting to dig through the snow surrounding it, freeing the plant from an icy grave. When he looked up from his task, his herbs now laying in a neat pile beside him, he saw Batsong making her way over to him, Whisperkit trailing behind her.

As she spoke, he couldn't help but notice she was stuttering more than usual, and she looked nervous. His brow furrowed in concern.

"Of course, Batsong. Is everything okay?" He'd be lying if he claimed not to have noticed the way the molly seemed to have changed, becoming more distant ever since her parents died. He wanted to help, but he never knew what to say. After the mistake he'd made with Mistysky, he was reluctant to even try.

He rushed to her side as she stumbled, brow furrowing in concern.

"Hey, what's going on? Are you alright?" He questioned, sitting down next to her and brushing his tail along her back.

Scorchtalon has found Lavender

plotting pages | character profiles

Last edited by zenpaii on Sun 13 Mar 2022 - 9:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED]   New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptySun 13 Mar 2022 - 9:26

The member 'zenpaii' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 2

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Characters : [F] Fernpaw ; [O] Oakpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] Windclan ; [O] Riverclan
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED]   New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptySun 13 Mar 2022 - 10:42

OOC: One last round of herb hunting! After this, we can have a meeting up of all the patrol at the Lone Stump. I want to thank you all for your active participation Cheering Cheering

The tom considered going back to the stump to hide the chamomile but as he walked to his destination, he noticed Batsong approaching his brother. The medicine cat tilted his head, curious by the interaction. Maybe Batsong and Scorchtalon had something going on? It wouldn't bother Fawnsong at all. In fact, he would be happy for his brother if he had a companion like the dark-furred she-cat. She could be shy and nervous, but she was also kind-hearted and a capable warrior. They would make a good couple. A small smirk drew on Fawnsong's face and he thought to himself... Guess I will have to ask Dovefrost about delivering kits very soon...

However, before he could continue his trip back to the Lone Stump, his amber eyes caught the sight of a white kitten stepping away from the couple. Thanks to her white coat it was almost impossible to see her from afar but the herbs on her jaws gave her away in this snowy landscape. Fawnsong immediately got worried and trotted towards where Whisperkit was heading. As he approached them, the tom stumbled into another useful white flower: daisies. Despite the cold, the small plant had managed to grow a little bit, forming a small patch of flowers next to a pile of stones. This time, he took the whole plant. Only the leaves were useful but he didn't want to leave Whisperkit alone for too long.

When he finally reached them, Fawnsong identified the herbs the kit had just pulled off. He looked down at the resting kit with serious, squinted eyes. Deep inside, the tom was concerned Whisperkit wasn't feeling too well. "You okay, Whisperkit?" He mewed after leaving the chamomile and daisies next to the burnet the kit had found. With one paw, he took one of the burnet's leaves and place them in front of the white kitten.  "We have been going for a while. If you are tired, you should eat this leaf. It is called burnet and medicine cats use them for the travelling herbs we give apprentices for their Moonstone Journey. It will give you enough stamina to go home."

Fawnsong is searching for herbs: He has found Daisy Leaves!

Oaksoul of Riverclan ↠↠ Tier 2 Warrior ↠↠ #3333cc
Ferntwist of Windclan ↠↠ Tier 1 Warrior ↠↠ #0099cc
New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED] - Page 2 Signat14

Last edited by Jay Bird on Sun 13 Mar 2022 - 10:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED]   New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptySun 13 Mar 2022 - 10:42

The member 'Jay Bird' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 1

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED]   New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptySun 13 Mar 2022 - 12:03

Batsong headbutted whisperkit back gently "d..d.. dont wonder too far,... w-we will be right behind you

Batsong looked at Scorchtalon with wide scared eyes.  "i...I d-dont know" she hesitatingly answered his question about being alright. She took a deep breath before continuing. She didn't know if this was the right thing to do... to tell him about this but the guilt of hiding it for so long was overwhelming and she couldnt keep lying to her friend.  She trusted him so much and knew he would not tell on her to Goldenstar...

That was another issue that she would have to face at some point... telling Goldenstar but one problem at a time right now she figured.

Looking at him she continued.

"Scorchtalon... that n--ni...night you caught me sneaking out of c...c..c-amp. I was going to meet Slightfrost of s-s..skyclan  she stuttered blurting out the truth.  Slight and Scorch had met at the gathering (February one) so he at least knew of who she meant.  ... Come to think of it Scorch and Slight didnt really get along that great at the gathering ... hmm well that would make things a bit more complicated but here she was all the same.  It was even more complicated in that deep down she felt some level of crush for Scorchtalon as well... but she couldnt say that right now not with the current situation that was at play.

"i... I... l--l..love him" she said in a quiet stutter.

"I know t-tthats not allowed but I do... I am loyal to windclan I promise. I would never do anything t-t..to hurt this clan I love so much" she explained to him.

"Scorchtalon? ... Slightfrost a--asked if I w-would join Skyclan" she said in a hushed whisper

"but I c-cant I w-wont leave wi-windclan ... I wont leave you.... I promise"

her heart raced as she spoke but she managed to get the main ideas off without her tongue giving up on her for the most part.

"i ...j -just dont know what to do... " she admitted.  It felt good to get it off her chest but at the same time it felt like she had lost what little control she had.  Would he tell Goldenstar... or what if he told his brother Fawnsong??? How would the new mca react to her breaking the star clan code of cross clan relations.  

"P...please I need your help... dont t-tell Goldenstar yet I... I need m-more time to figure out h--how to tell her" she meowed quietly.

She gave him a soft smile and a little head nuzzle into his shoulder in a friendly manor

"I...I understand if t-this changes how you see m-me.... but I h--hope it doesnt" she said quietly.

Looking around she noticed that Whisperkit and Fawnsong were a ways away and whisperkit looked tired ... hmm maybe they should get they back to the nursery at some point soon.  Batsong had noticed that Whisperkit was a little more low energy than most kits, certaintly lower than she and Scorchtalon had been when they were young jumping in snow piles and sneaking around the leaders den and all.  That was alright but she made a note to  make sure she kept an eye on Whisperkit in the future, she felt a strong motherly sense towards Whisperkit that she could not really explain, it was towards Rosepaw too and she promised herself to do her best to keep them safe.

She gathered up what she had found from the pile from earlier and with a grin to Scorchtalon walked slowly over to the kit and med cat apprentice to have the group rejoined.

On her way over she spotted some ...

Rolling dice...

Burnet, the same herb that had been found earlier by Whisperkit and she gathered that as well.  As she got to the pair she grinned happily setthing her herbs down to show Fawnsong of their progress and all the herbs they got.

"n--not b..b..bad? huh? she said happily to Fawnsong.

"h..h..hopefully this gives you enough to get started with" she purred.

Looking over to where Whisperkit lay she grinned at them.  "f-f... feeling okay?" she asked tilting her head as she approached the little kitten she wondered if she had done the right thing in having whisperkit come along when them was still a kit but she also understood wanting to be out of camp on an adventure.

More Swiftheart

Last edited by swiftheart on Sun 13 Mar 2022 - 12:27; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED]   New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptySun 13 Mar 2022 - 12:03

The member 'swiftheart' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 3

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2974

PostSubject: Re: New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED]   New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyMon 14 Mar 2022 - 10:13

Whisperkit

Whisperkit lifted their head when Fawnsong approached. When did…? They must have dozed off for a moment there. They blinked a few times, trying to shake the bleariness.

“I’m okay,” they promised as they got to their feet. They really liked getting out with Fawnsong and the others. They didn’t want to make it seem that they couldn’t handle it, for fear that they wouldn’t be invited out again in the future. When Fawnsong mentioned that the herb would help with stamina, though, they sniffed curiously and chewed on some of the leaf. It took a moment, but there was a bit of extra invigoration that seeped into them. “Wow. I didn’t know that.” They smiled brighter, feeling rejuvenated enough for the time being. Burnet would probably be quite the useful herb for them, given how prone to fatigue they were.

When Batsong approached, Whisperkit greeted her with a purr. “I’m okay,” they repeated to Batsong, trying to reassure her. They hastily added, “Did you know that this plant helps give energy? Fawnsong was telling me about it.” They looked to Fawnsong and added, “You should tell me about more plants when we return. When I’m an apprentice, I can keep an eye out for useful herbs when I’m out on patrol.”

Their gaze shifted slightly past Fawnsong and they said, “Like—Like that one? Is that one useful?” They pointed their nose past Fawnsong’s shoulder. The plant was half buried in snow and shadowed under a tree, so it was easy to miss, but there were small yellow flowers that contrasted against the snow.

Whisperkit has found Goldenrod.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
[Not Pictured]

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards

Last edited by xaandiir on Mon 14 Mar 2022 - 10:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED]   New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyMon 14 Mar 2022 - 10:13

The member 'xaandiir' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 4

Back to top Go down
zenpaii
Former Staff
Former Staff
zenpaii

Characters : [♠] ✞ Scorchtalon (W), [♞] ✞ Sootwhisker (SC), [♥] ✞ Sagepaw (W), [♣] Plumleaf (SKC), [♛] Beetleshade (T), [♚] Applespark (SC), [♜] Mudshriek (WC), [T]Tinyshadow (RC), [I]Irispaw (TC), [R]Rainpaw (WC), [S]Spider (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : [♠] ✞ Windclan (T5 Warrior), [♞] ✞ Shadowclan (T3 Warrior), [♥] ✞ Windclan (App), [♣] Skyclan (Tier 2 Hybrid Medicine Cat), [♛] Thunderclan (T5 Warrior), [♚] Shadowclan (T1 Warrior) [♜] Windclan (T2 Warrior), [T] Riverclan (T1 Warrior)
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 651

PostSubject: Re: New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED]   New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyMon 14 Mar 2022 - 14:10

Scorchtalon couldn't help the shock that traveled through him at Batsong's news. Slightfrost? Wasn't that the grumpy-looking skyclan apprentice he'd met at a gathering a few moons ago? Now that he thought of it, Batsong had seemed oddly close with the tom, but he'd figured they were just really good friends. The thought of keeping a secret like this from the clan filled him with unease, and he couldn't imagine the stress Batsong had been under from having to keep it for so long.

Though he understood the pressure she was under, Scorchtalon couldn't help but feel slightly hurt that she hadn't told him sooner. Did she not trust him? Still, he supposed it wasn't the worst thing in the world, especially when there were cats breaking the warrior code in far more serious ways. Besides, his mother had a relationship with a cat outside her clan, and nothing too terrible had come of it. If not for that, neither he nor his brothers would ever have been born, and Scorchtalon thought they had turned out to be quite the credit to their clan.

As he moved on, he decided that since it was Batsong's relationship, it wasn't really his place to tell Goldenstar. Truthfully though, he couldn't help but worry about cats traveling at night, especially when the rogues who had been terrorizing the clans were still roaming freely. At least they're both trained warriors, He reasoned. Batsong's a Windclan cat, those rogues won't stand a chance!

A sharp wind ruffled his fur, and from the corner of his eye, he caught a flash of yellow flowers swaying in the wind. Hurrying over, he dug up the coltsfoot to add to his already growing stash. Padding over to where the rest of the patrol were congregated, he set down his herbs proudly.

"Looks like we've all had some pretty good luck!" He commented. He looked over at Batsong, wanting to speak but ultimately just decided to wait. He had quite a few questions, but he wasn't sure if Fawnsong or Whisperkit knew, so he had to wait.

Scorchtalon has found more coltsfoot

plotting pages | character profiles

Last edited by zenpaii on Mon 14 Mar 2022 - 14:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED]   New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyMon 14 Mar 2022 - 14:10

The member 'zenpaii' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 4

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED]   New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New meddie, new herbs [CLOSED]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2