Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Assessing Skills [Daisypaw]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5645

Assessing Skills [Daisypaw] Empty
PostSubject: Assessing Skills [Daisypaw]   Assessing Skills [Daisypaw] EmptyFri 28 Jan 2022 - 15:26

Swiftspirit kept her grumbling to a minimum as she led her apprentice from camp, the wind bitterly cold against their fur. Hunting in these miserable conditions was just something they had to do, the clan needed food regardless of the weather. Daisypaw's training had been progressing well, and Swiftspirit was pleased with how she picked up what was taught.

"Alright, Daisypaw... We'll be hunting today. Let's see how much you can catch, yeah?"

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
sprout

sprout

Characters :
Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Assessing Skills [Daisypaw]   Assessing Skills [Daisypaw] EmptyFri 28 Jan 2022 - 16:43

Though the weather was not optimal for hunting, Daisypaw had promised herself not to let it affect her. At least my pelt keeps me warm enough... she thought. Swiftspirit was an excellent mentor, and the golden she-cat admired her. Determined to impress her mentor, her meow was steady. "I'm ready."

Her steps were confident as she bounded away, down into the tunnels. She had been down there once or twice in the past, but she preferred running in the open moor. The tunnel she chose to veer into smelled strongly of rabbits, though she had not spotted any yet. Her eyes took some time to adjust, finally seeing some roots above, clumps of dirt here and there.

After some moments of prowling around, she found a hare. It was thin, but it was still prey. Without hesitation, she launched herself with extended claws. The creature let out a sharp squeak as she bit down, killing it in one go. One down- It's a good start. She buried the hare, and moved on. What would she find next? Hopefully something good!

Daisypaw attempted to catch a hare. It was successful!

Daisypaw
20/20 HP
53/60 SP (-7)

Daisypaw ♀ | WC | App | 20/60 |#ff9966*deceased
Minnowstar ♂ | TC | T2 Warrior | 40/100 | #66ccff
Flurrypaw ♀ | TC | App | 20/60 |#9966ff
Martenpaw ♀ | RC | App | 20/60 | #cc0033*deceased
my cattos // feel free to pm!

Last edited by sprout on Fri 28 Jan 2022 - 20:45; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15020

PostSubject: Re: Assessing Skills [Daisypaw]   Assessing Skills [Daisypaw] EmptyFri 28 Jan 2022 - 16:43

The member 'sprout' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 4

Assessing Skills [Daisypaw] Mistpe10
Assessing Skills [Daisypaw] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Assessing Skills [Daisypaw]   Assessing Skills [Daisypaw] EmptySat 29 Jan 2022 - 0:07

Swiftspirit stayed back, allowing Daisypaw to pad ahead in her search for prey. The apprentice had grown much more confident in her abilities and it showed in how she scurried into the tunnels in her search. Swiftspirit didn't enjoy being in the tunnels, to her they were painfully cramped and she disliked the sense of the earth pressing in on all sides. And after Ryesnap and Sunnyskip... She much preferred to run across the open moorland, though she knew it was good that Daisypaw had learned the skill.

A squeak that was cut off abruptly told Swiftspirit that Daisypaw had caught something. "Good catch, Daisypaw." And with that she turned in search of more prey. A hare had peeked out of one of the many entrances to the tunnels, and Swiftspirit slipped toward it in silence.

Her paws landed on empty earth however, and Swiftspirit's tail lashed once in frustration. She turned, bright gaze searching for Daisypaw's golden form. This was her apprentice's assessment, though she of course wouldn't miss an opportunity to hunt herself.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
sprout

sprout

Characters :

PostSubject: Re: Assessing Skills [Daisypaw]   Assessing Skills [Daisypaw] EmptySun 30 Jan 2022 - 10:34

Moving on from her first catch, she maneuvered the maze of underground burrows. Using all skills she had learned, she kept her paws light, making no noise, and watching out for any holes in the ground. Time seemed to move at a snail's pace, everything down there looked the same. Persistent, Daisypaw carried on. After what seemed a while, she heard a soft shuffling to her left. Peering into the darkness, her limbs were still. A plump rabbit, sniffing at the roots that poked out the side of the tunnel. You certainly look delicious! She had the advantage of surprise, so she went for it. She caught it swiftly, a quick nip in the neck. I'm on a roll... So far this is going pretty well!

Daisypaw attempted to catch a rabbit. It was a success!

Daisypaw
20/20 HP
46/60 SP (-7)

Last edited by sprout on Sun 30 Jan 2022 - 10:37; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Assessing Skills [Daisypaw]   Assessing Skills [Daisypaw] EmptySun 30 Jan 2022 - 10:34

'Hunting Dice' : 3

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Assessing Skills [Daisypaw]   Assessing Skills [Daisypaw] EmptyMon 31 Jan 2022 - 3:46

Swiftspirit silently slipped into the tunnel that Daisypaw had found her way into, staying well back as she continued forward to search for more prey. She didn't like being in the tunnel at all, but just in case Daisypaw ran into trouble, Swiftspirit didn't want to waste time trying to locate her if she needed help.

She'd been right earlier, the squeal from before had been a hare, and the sudden scent of blood confirmed a rabbit kill. Swiftspirit nodded in satisfaction, but kept silent. Daisypaw was learning well, and the mentor was content to let her apprentice hunt while she watched.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
sprout

sprout

Characters :

PostSubject: Re: Assessing Skills [Daisypaw]   Assessing Skills [Daisypaw] EmptyMon 31 Jan 2022 - 9:04

A light breeze entered the winding tunnels, carrying Swiftspirit's scent as well as the scent of other prey over her parted jaws. I wonder how far down the tunnels she is... The apprentice thought, letting herself get distracted for a brief moment. Glancing behind her, her gaze searched the dark, yet no eyes stared back. Carrying on with her hunting, she continued stalking along the route.

This time she found prey soon enough. Two hares appeared to have just exited their burrow right in front of her. Upon the recognition of a predator, the two darted away, Daisypaw right on their heels. Blood pounded in her ears, the thrill of a chase giving her speed. Alas, right when she nearly had them, they darted down another burrow. She panted, disappointment clenched in her stomach.

A low hiss echoed behind her. Spinning around, her tail whipped the air. In a flash, a weasel had nipped her leg, coiling back like it was recharging for another strike. Though small, the bite drew a little bit of blood. She tried to claw at the speedy creature, her swings too slow to land a hit. Speedy- ...weasel!

Daisypaw attempted to catch a hare. It was unsuccessful and a weasel has shown up!
Weasel used War Dance, dealing 6 damage and costing -15 SP.
Daisypaw used Front Paw Strike, but it missed, using -7 SP.

Daisypaw
20/20 HP
32/60 SP (-7+7)

Weasel
20/20 HP
120/135 SP (-15)

Last edited by sprout on Mon 31 Jan 2022 - 12:06; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Assessing Skills [Daisypaw]   Assessing Skills [Daisypaw] EmptyMon 31 Jan 2022 - 9:04

'Hunting Dice' : 9

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Assessing Skills [Daisypaw]   Assessing Skills [Daisypaw] EmptyMon 31 Jan 2022 - 10:26

Swiftspirit silently traced Daisypaw's path through the tunnels, a sudden hiss from up ahead signaling that she wasn't alone. The hiss definitely wasn't Daisypaw's, either. Swiftspirit picked up her pace, wishing that they were on the surface where she didn't have these stupid, tight, twisting passages to contend with. It sounded like a weasel, and Swiftspirit didn't want to see Daisypaw hurt if she could help it.

"Good catches, earlier." Swiftspirit purred, slipping past her apprentice and circling the weasel. For the moment it was moving with an uncanny swiftness... She wouldn't be able to get a hit in just yet. When she did, though... That weasel was going to pay for attacking Daisypaw.

Swiftspirit did not attack because weasel can't be hit for this turn.

Swiftspirit

70 / 70 hp
160 / 160 sp

Daisypaw
14 / 20 hp
32 / 60 sp

Weasel
20 / 20 hp
125 / 135 sp

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
sprout

sprout

Characters :

PostSubject: Re: Assessing Skills [Daisypaw]   Assessing Skills [Daisypaw] EmptyMon 31 Jan 2022 - 12:05

"Swiftspirit! Thanks... if it weren't for this flea-bitten weasel though, I would have caught some more prey by now-" she meowed, eyes trained on the mentioned creature. As if it had understood what she'd said, it stopped darting about to stare at her. It stopped moving, now is my chance! Her paw swung at it, landing the first hit on the weasel. "Ha! Not so speedy now are you?" she taunted.

In retaliation, the sleek-furred animal dashed forward, latching onto her right front paw with a surprisingly crushing grip. "Ow- ow ow ow ow- stop! I'm sorry for what I said earlier!" she yelped, attempting to shake it off. It felt like her paw was being stepped on by a badger (this was how she imagined it would feel). The weasel was stronger than it looked. "I shouldn't have underestimated this stinking creature!"

Daisypaw used Front Paw Strike, dealing 6 damage and costing -7 SP.
Weasel used Gripping Bite on Daisypaw, dealing 7 damage and costing -15 SP!

Daisypaw
7/20 HP (-7)
25/60 SP (-7)

Weasel
14/20 HP (-6)
105/135 SP (-15)

Swiftspirit
70/70 HP
160/160 SP

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Assessing Skills [Daisypaw]   Assessing Skills [Daisypaw] EmptyMon 31 Jan 2022 - 16:09

Swiftspirit hissed as the weasel latched onto the apprentice's paw. Darting forward, she sank her fangs into the weasels neck and yanked back sharply while her front paws lashed at the predator just as swiftly. Daisypaw yelped in pain, sputtering, but Swiftspirit stayed quiet, tightening her grip on the weasel furiously.

"Are you alright, Daisypaw?" she asked, dropping the weasel once she was satisfied it had stopped moving. It had gotten a good grip on that paw, and that likely marked the end of this hunting assessment. The weasel had been bad luck, but the golden she-cat had done well today.

Swiftspirit used Snap for -7 sp, dealing -10 damage.
Swiftspirit used Swift Strike for -10 sp, dealing -7 damage.

Daisypaw

7 / 20 HP
25 / 60 SP

Weasel Dead
0 / 20 HP (14 - 10 - 7)
105 / 135 SP

Swiftspirit
70 / 70 HP
143 / 160 SP (160 - 7 - 10)

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
sprout

sprout

Characters :

PostSubject: Re: Assessing Skills [Daisypaw]   Assessing Skills [Daisypaw] EmptyTue 1 Feb 2022 - 10:39

"Are you alright Daisypaw?"

Despite her paw throbbing, she gave her mentor a firm nod and replied, "Yep! My paw just hurts a bit. More prey for the clan I guess!" I'm sure my paw is fine... no need to worry Swiftspirit. I just hope that it won't stop me from becoming a warrior...

The pair headed back through the winding passageways, Daisypaw limping to keep her injured paw off the ground. "Swiftspirit, I do hope you know how much I appreciate everything you've done for me. Taught me how to hunt, fight, and yeah!" she brought up as they stopped along the way to pick up the prey she'd accumulated from earlier. Her eyes glowed in admiration and gratefulness when she looked into the warrior's eyes. Swiftspirit was more than a mentor. A friend.

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Assessing Skills [Daisypaw]   Assessing Skills [Daisypaw] EmptyWed 2 Feb 2022 - 10:24

"You're limping." Swiftspirit noted, concerned, "Go see Berrypaw when we get back to camp." Better safe than sorry, and the sooner she got that looked at, the less likely it was to become infected. Not something any cat wanted, especially with the miserable weather and general lack of prey.

"You did well today." She added. Daisypaw had been a dream to train compared with Sootpaw's attitude and hostility, truthfully, though Swiftspirit had enough respect for both to not draw those comparisons out loud. "You'll make a fine warrior, when the time comes." She added, moving to help the golden she-cat with carrying her catches.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assessing Skills [Daisypaw]   Assessing Skills [Daisypaw] Empty

Back to top Go down

Assessing Skills [Daisypaw]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Territory :: The Tunnels-
Jump to: