Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Leaf-fall is finally here, and with it, the promise of colder, crueler, days ahead.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Scorching Mists [c]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmstorm, [A]Addercrest, [T]Thistlepaw
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T4 Warrior, [E]RiverClan T1 Warrior, [A]ThunderClan T1 Warrior, [T]WindClan Apprentice
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2440

Scorching Mists [c] Empty
PostSubject: Scorching Mists [c]   Scorching Mists [c] EmptyFri 21 Jan 2022 - 17:44

While Mistysky was not fond of waking up as early as she did, she had made a promise. She said she would train this apprentice, and she would honor that. As much as she wished to do anything but that.

Stepping into the apprentice den for the first time in, actually it wasn't that long ago, she prodded Scorchpaw in the side, shaking him gently. "Come on. Time for your first lesson. We're going hunting."

Leading Scorchpaw out of camp, Mistysky made her way out onto WindClan territory, bracing herself against the cold. This was a poor time for apprentices to be made, as it would be hard to learn with nothing to work on, but even still, she had to try. Flicking her tail in a signal to watch her, she crouched into a hunting crouch, having spotted a rabbit ahead.

And then she made the dash.

She had been right on top of the rabbit when she felt talons rake her back. It appeared as though an eagle had also been hunting the rabbit, and she had just gotten in the way of the attack.

With a shriek, she turned around, slicing at the bird of prey.

"New plan, battle training! Stay away from the talons, I will keep it's attention on me!"

Mistysky attempted to hunt a rabbit for 7 sp, but summoned a predator instead!

Eagle used Talon strike, dealing 7 damage and costing 10 stamina!

Mistysky used Front paw strike and Desperate blows, dealing 11 damage and costing 14 stamina!

Eagle
29/40 HP
115/125 SP

Mistysky
23/30 HP
59/80 SP

Scorchpaw
20/20 HP
60/60 SP

Scorching Mists [c] Ea9Ylnv
Addercrest | Lilyvalley | Elmstorm | Thistlepaw
T1 ThunderClan Warrior | T5 ShadowClan Warrior | T1 RiverClan Warrior | WindClan Apprentice

Last edited by Karuna on Fri 21 Jan 2022 - 18:32; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15458

PostSubject: Scorching Mists [c]   Scorching Mists [c] EmptyFri 21 Jan 2022 - 17:44

The member 'Karuna' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 8

Scorching Mists [c] Mistpe10
Scorching Mists [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
zenpaii
Former Staff
Former Staff
zenpaii

Characters : [♠] ✞ Scorchtalon (W), [♞] ✞ Sootwhisker (SC), [♥] ✞ Sagepaw (W), [♣] Plumleaf (SKC), [♛] Beetleshade (T), [♚] Applespark (SC), [♜] Mudshriek (WC), [T]Tinyshadow (RC), [I]Irispaw (TC), [R]Rainpaw (WC), [S]Spider (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : [♠] ✞ Windclan (T5 Warrior), [♞] ✞ Shadowclan (T3 Warrior), [♥] ✞ Windclan (App), [♣] Skyclan (Tier 2 Hybrid Medicine Cat), [♛] Thunderclan (T5 Warrior), [♚] Shadowclan (T1 Warrior) [♜] Windclan (T2 Warrior), [T] Riverclan (T1 Warrior)
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 651

PostSubject: Re: Scorching Mists [c]   Scorching Mists [c] EmptyFri 21 Jan 2022 - 18:32

Scorchpaw had hardly been able to sleep the night before, his mind racing with excitement about his first day of warrior training. He was sure he'd be tired in the morning, but the only he felt as he trotted along happily behind Mistysky was an optimistic joy, warming his heart like the heat of the sun on a smooth rock, and filling him with determination.

He had been trying his best to pay attention as his mentor stalked a rabbit, only to jolt in surprise as an eagle came out of nowhere, landing on her back.

Barely taking time to think, he lunged for the bird, reaching his claws out to slash its wing.

Scorchpaw used Front Paw Strike, dealing 6 damage and costing 7 stamina
20/20 HP
53/60 SP (-7)

Eagle
23/40 HP (-6)
115/125 SP

Mistysky
23/30 HP
66/80 SP

plotting pages | character profiles
Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T4 Warrior, [E]RiverClan T1 Warrior, [A]ThunderClan T1 Warrior, [T]WindClan Apprentice
Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Scorching Mists [c]   Scorching Mists [c] EmptyFri 21 Jan 2022 - 19:47

Well, she had to admit, Mistysky was impressed.

Scorchpaw didn't even hesitate in striking out at the eagle, although his inexperience did still show. With a bit of polishing, he could definitely become a capable warrior. Maybe being a mentor to this cat wouldn't be so bad.

With a hiss, Mistysky locked her teeth around the eagle, biting down as hard as she could. With a cry, the eagle, injured and realizing it was outnumbered, fled the scene. Mistysky turned back to her apprentice, panting. "Right, ready to actually hunt now? Hopefully without anymore interruptions?"

Mistysky used snap on eagle, dealing 7 damage and costing 7 stamina. Eagle has fled!

T1 ThunderClan Warrior | T5 ShadowClan Warrior | T1 RiverClan Warrior | WindClan Apprentice

Back to top Go down
zenpaii
Former Staff
Former Staff
zenpaii

Characters : [♠] ✞ Scorchtalon (W), [♞] ✞ Sootwhisker (SC), [♥] ✞ Sagepaw (W), [♣] Plumleaf (SKC), [♛] Beetleshade (T), [♚] Applespark (SC), [♜] Mudshriek (WC), [T]Tinyshadow (RC), [I]Irispaw (TC), [R]Rainpaw (WC), [S]Spider (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : [♠] ✞ Windclan (T5 Warrior), [♞] ✞ Shadowclan (T3 Warrior), [♥] ✞ Windclan (App), [♣] Skyclan (Tier 2 Hybrid Medicine Cat), [♛] Thunderclan (T5 Warrior), [♚] Shadowclan (T1 Warrior) [♜] Windclan (T2 Warrior), [T] Riverclan (T1 Warrior)
Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Scorching Mists [c]   Scorching Mists [c] EmptyFri 21 Jan 2022 - 20:03

Scorchpaw watched the eagle fly away, adrenaline still coursing through his body. He turned to his mentor with wide eyes, barely registering what she'd said about hunting.

"Great Starclan, but that was exciting! I can't believe we really fought an eagle! And on my first day out of camp! Just you wait till I tell Batpaw and my brothers about this, they'll think I'm so cool!" He rambled on excitedly.

His chest swelled with pride. He really was going to be a great warrior.

Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Scorching Mists [c]   Scorching Mists [c] EmptyFri 21 Jan 2022 - 20:29

And there it was. That energy that was going to drive her crazy.

"Yes, we fought an eagle. That was a thing. But it isn't going to fill bellies. So do the crouch like I showed you, and see if you can bring me something back. You can brag to the others about that. Now get going."

With as excitable as Scorchpaw was, hopefully he wouldn't scare off all the prey, or attract something that might want him as prey, like that eagle.

Back to top Go down
zenpaii
Former Staff
Former Staff
zenpaii

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Scorching Mists [c]   Scorching Mists [c] EmptyFri 21 Jan 2022 - 20:50

Scorchpaw snapped his attention to the task at hand, determined to bring home something brag-worthy to show his friends. Scanning the moorland, he noticed a hare, poking it's head out of it's burrow. He immediately crouched down, trying to imitate the pose Mistysky had shown him, bunching up his muscles, before dashing off towards the hare.

Upon seeing him, the animal squeaked in surprise, making a dash for the burrow, but Scorchpaw was too fast. He pounced on the hare, pinning it down with a paw at it's throat before going in for the killing bite.

He picked up his catch, carrying it toward his mentor happily.

"Did ya see that? I was so fast! And the hare didn't even stand a chance!" He exclaimed, his voice slightly muffled by the prey he was still holding.

Scorchpaw tried to catch a hare! Success

55/60 SP

Last edited by zenpaii on Fri 21 Jan 2022 - 20:54; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15458

PostSubject: Re: Scorching Mists [c]   Scorching Mists [c] EmptyFri 21 Jan 2022 - 20:50

The member 'zenpaii' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3

Scorching Mists [c] Mistpe10
Scorching Mists [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorching Mists [c]   Scorching Mists [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

Scorching Mists [c]
Page 1 of 1