Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

✦A wish a day keeps the worries away✦【Closed】

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Maagistar

Maagistar

Characters : ➀Forestbreeze ➁Brookstone ➂Briarrose
Clan/Rank : ➀Shadowclan T5 ➁Riverclan T5 ➂Thunderclan T4
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 497

✦A wish a day keeps the worries away✦【Closed】 Empty
PostSubject: ✦A wish a day keeps the worries away✦【Closed】   ✦A wish a day keeps the worries away✦【Closed】 EmptyTue 11 Jan 2022 - 20:32

✦A wish a day keeps the worries away✦【Closed】 Title-Card-1-Forestkit
✦╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌✦

🌲【Forestkit】🌲

By this point in his short existence, Forestkit has established an efficient enough routine to get him through each day that he spent alone. Sadly, he was used to the solitude—spending a whole moon with no guardians to speak of forced him to adapt and overcome his unfortunate dilemma at the ripe age of 3 moons old. Now a four-moon-old tom-kit, he could safely say that he's tackled the "not dying" obstacle of life with moderate success. Things would be easier if his father would just come home already. He can't keep doing this on his own—actually he can but he'd rather not. His entire existence is one big struggle and he was tired of it all. If he could, he'd just lie in his nest and never step out of the nursery again. Alas, he needed to eat and drink. He was keen on not skipping out on those things.

With a big yawn and a heavy heart, young Forestkit rose from his nest after another night plagued with nightmares and wishful thinking. The fluffy grey-and-white tabby shook some debris off his fur and blinked the last remaining sleep from his eyes. The kit sighed to himself as he trudged away from the nest that was much too big for him and out of the warm confines of the den. As usual, it was dawn and very few souls were roaming about. He only spotted the camp's guards and a pawful of warriors getting ready for the day. Either everyone was too tired to notice a tiny kit marching to the prey pile by his lonesome in the crack of dawn or they didn't really care enough to question it. Anyway, he was free to get something to eat before beginning his daily "vigil"—started a few days after his mother's unfortunate passing. It was one of the only things still giving him hope so he wouldn't dare miss it.

Looking at the prey pile, the little tom-kit felt guilt rise up in his chest. Here he was getting ready to snatch something to eat with little regard for the clan's health and diminishing food supply. The pile was small and what little prey was on there didn't seem to be very nourishing. The kit bit his lip and shuffled his paws as he contemplated his options. He was definitely hungry but each piece of prey could be going to someone who needs it more than him. The more he wracked his brain for answers, the harder it was to get any. With a sigh and a guilty feeling forming in the pit of his belly, the kit poked around the prey in search of one that he could take. He wanted something small. Something that wouldn't be missed as much. Besides, his belly got full quickly so it was better to not get something he wouldn't even have the hope of eating all.

A breathy "Aha!" signaled the end of his search. A rather scrawny mouse was now in his possession. It was the smallest meal he could find. The guilt he'd been feeling was slowly dissipating as he carefully moved away from the pile and slowly began his march toward the camp's entrance. He'd eat there today. He already lost enough time as it is. Better get his vigil started as soon as he got there.

Plopping himself and his breakfast down near the entrance, the tom-kit slowly began to munch away at the mouse as he gazed through the opening. A longing look took its place on his face. He hunched into himself in a feeble attempt to ward off the chilly air—the slush-like snow not helping in the slightest. Despite wave after wave of shivers, he stood his ground against the cold. He couldn't move away from his task. His father could step into the camp at any moment and he wanted to be there to scol-greet him. He needed to be the one to break the news of his mother's passing to him. However, it's been a moon since he'd last seen him and Forestkit was beginning to feel like he wasn't going to return back. He still held hope though. There was always a chance.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
⓵ Forestbreeze of Shadowclan
⓶ Brookstone of Riverclan
⓷ Briarrose of Thunderclan

Last edited by Maagistar on Mon 6 Jun 2022 - 23:57; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1477

PostSubject: Re: ✦A wish a day keeps the worries away✦【Closed】   ✦A wish a day keeps the worries away✦【Closed】 EmptyWed 12 Jan 2022 - 10:26

A small, grey, brownish tom-kit appeared near the thorn tunnel; scanning the area around as if in search of something.. or rather, someone. He wasn't sure why, although the kit seemed to have a certain task or a plan in mind. With slight curiosity, he blinked, evidently making his steps clear as he strode forward. As his eyes met the kit's, he exchanged a short greeting by a nod of the head. The warmth and safety of the nursery had always been much more comfortable than sitting yourself in the snow. As a precaution, he decided to ask anyway, not wanting to have accidentally let a kit sneak out of camp.

"Greetings, I'm Duskflight," He offered a warm smile, "Are you looking for someone? It's much colder out here." Beneath his paws, the warrior spotted a small, scrawny mouse. Why not pick another one? Or perhaps, the prey hadn't been as plump as they were before. That.. though unfortunately, was understandable. Not only for the clans, but leaf-bare had its harshness on every critter around.

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart
Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: ✦A wish a day keeps the worries away✦【Closed】   ✦A wish a day keeps the worries away✦【Closed】 EmptyWed 12 Jan 2022 - 12:28

🌲【Forestkit】🌲

One of the kit's ears flicked at the sound of approaching pawsteps. He gave the tunnel a last glance before turning his gaze to the newcomer, eyes wary and shoulders hunched in even further. It was odd for someone to be approaching him. He'd been doing this for a while now and everyone who'd been awake during his vigil let him be. He wasn't sure what would transpire during the upcoming interaction but he needed to keep his wits about him.

A black-furred warrior met his cautious gaze. The tom had introduced himself as Duskflight and Forestkit could feel the tension in his shoulders lessen just a tad. He was still overly nervous about being around others but judging by the older cat's expressions, Duskflight would most likely not bring him any harm. The gentle aura that radiated off of the warrior made him seem approachable enough and the grey-and-white kitten couldn't help but raise his amber gaze enough to meet the other's eyes. However, he couldn't keep the stare for very long and had to look away.

Shuffling his paws in a nervous manner, the kit began to weigh his options. He's always been a shy little thing, but his mother's loss had devolved him to adopt a more skittish persona. It took a few silence-filled moments before he made up his mind. Looking up again he stuttered out, "F-Forest kit. M-my name's F-Forestkit." He wasn't sure if he should answer the rest of the warrior's questions. It was his business and his business alone. However, a part of him urged him to spill. Perhaps Duskflight knew his father's whereabouts? That would greatly help the young kit.

Chewing on his lip—a common tic of his when he became awfully nervous, Forestkit sat up and gave Duskflight a pleading look. "I-I'm waiting for m-my dad, Sootspeckle. H-Have you seen him? H-He hasn't come home for a while a-and I miss him. Mama's gone a-and I need to t-tell him but I've been waiting and waiting and he h-hasn't come back!" By that point, the shivering tom-kit had broken out into little sobs. He shrunk into himself and in a last-ditch effort to warm up, he snuggled into the half-eaten mouse—mind providing memories of a time when his life was complete. He yearned for the warmth of his mother's fur and the adoration of his father's eyes as he gazed upon his beloved little family.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════

Last edited by Maagistar on Mon 6 Jun 2022 - 23:57; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1477

PostSubject: Re: ✦A wish a day keeps the worries away✦【Closed】   ✦A wish a day keeps the worries away✦【Closed】 EmptyThu 13 Jan 2022 - 13:11

"Forestkit? That's a nice name.," He nodded, keeping a warm tone to his voice. He could tell how Forestkit seemed.. skittish, and somewhat nervous, though not exactly frightened by his presence. That was a relief, though his ears perked, continuing to listen to the kit's tales. Though, after listening, Duskflight froze. As much as he wanted to speak, he felt his throat tighten; and forced himself to swallow before talking again. He.. needed to calm down. "I'm sorry, Forestkit, but I've not seen your dad around," He frowned, "I'll make sure to keep a lookout for him, though. Hopefully, he'll return soon." The warrior bit the inside of his cheek. The kit's situation was just as his many moons ago. He longed for them to return as a kit, though even now as a warrior, they've yet to return. He could only hope that they found a new, safe place to stay.. Or at least, that was what he wished would be. The answer was clear— they've gone missing, and he was ready for the worst to come from it. He was grown now, though not the little one. The reality might've been too harsh for him.

"I'm truly sorry to hear that, Forestkit.. I'm sure she's better up with StarClan now, though. Prey never runs short up there, and she won't ever have to suffer," He offered the kit a comforting smile, hoping to have at least been able to encourage him to move on. He wasn't good with emotions. Especially, not with his own. Comfort and strength were what he could give the clan, though, with others sharing struggles alike, he felt.. unsure about it. His tail gently brushed the kit's back, and he gave him a small nod to reassure him. Someday, he'll attempt to find Forestkit's father.

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart
Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: ✦A wish a day keeps the worries away✦【Closed】   ✦A wish a day keeps the worries away✦【Closed】 EmptyFri 14 Jan 2022 - 10:38

🌲【Forestkit】🌲

Hope glimmered in the kitten's eyes as he listened to the warrior speak. Duskflight hadn't promised anything but just knowing that someone would be looking for his father lifted his spirits. He may not know the older tom but he now had Forestkit's respect—something that wasn't given out lightly. He looked up from where he'd been burying himself into the mouse and through misty eyes gazed upon the face of one of the very few who'd offered him kindness. A tiny smile crept upon his maw and with a tone as serious as he could muster he meowed, "Thank you. T-That means so much to me! I-I also hope he'll be back soon. That way he can watch my apprentice ceremony a-and maybe we can go hunting together! O-Oh! You can come too! We can all have fun hunting a-and exploring—" His soft voice trailed off as the ideas popped into his head one after another. He would've kept going but stopped himself short so he wouldn't ramble the other's ears off. That wouldn't be very nice of him.

However, his lightened mood wouldn't last for long. When the warrior began to speak up again, the kit felt his chest twist in an unpleasant way. His mother... Forestkit bit his lip. He felt guilt and shame build up. In his excitement at the prospect that his father might just come home one day, he'd forgotten about his mother. She could've been here too. If she'd waited a bit longer then maybe they could've been a happy family again...

Luckily, Duskflight's words about his mother finally being at peace warded off all the sad thoughts. She was probably watching him right now! She wouldn't want him to be sad anymore. He wrinkled his nose to stop the oncoming train of tears and sniffled. He wanted to be a strong kit! He was going to be an apprentice in a few moons and he needed to make her proud! He aimed a watery smile at the black-furred tom. "I-I hope she catches as much prey as she can! She told me t-that her favorite thing to do was hunting," he giggled. The tail that landed on his back made him jump but he quickly began to enjoy the warmth and comfort that is provided. It felt nice.

For a few minutes, Forestkit was rather content just soaking in the comfort that Duskflight was generously giving him. The tom could've just offered him a few condolences and been on his way. Instead, he chose to give a grieving little tom-kit—who he didn't really know—some company. For that alone, he was eternally grateful. He'd almost forgotten how lovely it felt to be close to someone.

It was Forestkit's voice who broke the silence. "D-Duskflight? How's it like being a warrior? I-Is it hard?" He looked up at the tom with wide, curious eyes. He'd never really thought about his future much but now that he realized that his apprenticeship would be coming soon, his curiosity peaked all of a sudden.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ✦A wish a day keeps the worries away✦【Closed】   ✦A wish a day keeps the worries away✦【Closed】 Empty

Back to top Go down

✦A wish a day keeps the worries away✦【Closed】
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Camp-
Jump to: