Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Hollykit's Apprentice Ceremony

Go down 
+2
Little Ripped
khamosa
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Little Ripped

Little Ripped

Characters : (E)cho, (T)inypaw, (A)shstorm (dead), (Sh)ira (dead), (W)aterlily (dead), (S)carletriver (dead), Big Man (K)even (dead)
Clan/Rank : (A) Skyclan Tier 5 Warrior, (Sh) Elder, (W) Thunderclan Tier 4 Warrior, (S) Tier 3 Warrior, (K) Tier 1 Rogue
Leo Pig
Number of posts : 1061

Hollykit's Apprentice Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Hollykit's Apprentice Ceremony   Hollykit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptySun 14 Nov 2021 - 8:49

Ashstorm was so tired.  The weather was filled with dark clouds, casting a gloomy and eerie glow across the camp.  This was definitely not the ideal day for an apprentice ceremony.  Still, she knew that it was her job to do and she was not about to let the threat of a little storm stop her.  She made her way over and, digging her claws in the bark, she climbed.

Once on the branch and seeing all of the cats about, she took a deep breath.  "Let all cats old enough to climb a tree, gather for a clan meeting!"  Most cats without patrols to do stayed in the dens.  It made sense with the weather and all, but Ashstorm just hoped that they would not mind coming out to congratulate what was soon to be a new apprentice.

Echo - Loner - Tier 1 Rogue
Tinypaw - Thunderclan - Apprentice

I don't have new art, so you get the drawings of my old cats :)
Signature done by Arcana and Scarletriver Loki Avatar done by Cocoa!
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2302

PostSubject: Re: Hollykit's Apprentice Ceremony   Hollykit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptySun 14 Nov 2021 - 9:04

Oh. Oh oh. Ashaunt looked tired. Very tired. Dawnfeather flicked her tail with worry. This must be another apprentice ceremony… stars, it seemed everyone would have to take on two apprentices at this rate. Dawnfeather wished she could take on another… but that would be rather mouse-brained.

Wait a second.

Yes! Yes yes yes! This had to be one of her sisters’ ceremony! She couldn’t wait! Eee! She hurried over to sit near-ish the nursery, so she could purr encouragingly at her sisters! Oooh, what mentor would they get?

Stars, she was more excited for this than she’d been for her own ceremony.
Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

Characters : Mintpool of Thunderclan | Hollyshine of Skyclan | Cinderkit of Shadowclan
Number of posts : 687

PostSubject: Re: Hollykit's Apprentice Ceremony   Hollykit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptySun 14 Nov 2021 - 12:51

Hollykit tilted her head toward the sky, breathing in deeply. It was going to be stormy weather. Beautiful, dark, rolling clouds the color of her fur seemed to tingle in the air, crackling with anticipation. It made her feel restless — more so than usual, and that was hard to do, with what she knew was coming up.

The once-tiny calico kit was now not so tiny, after all. (And she only made sure every other cat knew it, not to be annoying or anything. Which it might have been. A bit.) And as the days passed, growing closer to what she knew had to be her sixth moon, Hollykit had taken to sitting impatiently — expectantly — at the edge of the nursery. Just so no one would be confused which kit, it was, being apprenticed next.

It was there she was sitting when Ashstorm — Skyclan deputy — called for a clan meeting. And while Hollykit couldn’t climb trees yet, the sight of Dawnfeather approaching, smile on her face, lit her up inside. Could it be — for me?!

The younger molly purred, nuzzling her head under her sister’s jaw affectionately. She’d grown taller; it was much easier now than when she was tiny, pressing up into the warrior’s fur as if it’d swallow her. ”D’you think it’s me?”

Could it be?

Hollykit felt her heart warm, not just at the thought but at her older sister’s joy of it. Secretly, while she knew she’d make any warrior proud, part of her always wished it could be her Dawn to teach her. It wasn’t done often, maybe. But there was no better Skyclan warrior, was there?

And while it didn’t come naturally to her, as Hollykit hurried to follow the cats gathering under the storm, a tiny part of her felt... nervous. A little! Not so much she couldn’t stomp it, firmly. But enough that made her feel an uncharacteristic shyness — she would make her family proud, she had to. (But what if she didn’t?)

Her grandfather... leader. Her only brother, Muddythorn, medicine cat. And her mother and sister, such accomplished, successful warriors. If this is it... can I really compare to that?

As much as Hollykit imagined she had to, now that the day might be here... she didn’t know. And that felt —frustrating, and a little nerve-wracking. Shouldn’t she feel confident?

But Hollykit, perhaps for once in her life... didn’t.

As if in reaction to these thoughts, Hollykit kept close to her sister’s side, like Dawnfeather could ward them away by sheer goodwill. It was still her day, wasn’t it?

Last edited by ginger on Wed 17 Nov 2021 - 11:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
khamosa

khamosa

Characters : [B]rindlepaw | [V]ioletsky | [F]oxflower
Clan/Rank : [B] Thunderclan Apprentice | [V] Skyclan T2 Warrior | [F] Windclan Permaqueen
Pisces Rat
Number of posts : 1557

PostSubject: Re: Hollykit's Apprentice Ceremony   Hollykit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyMon 15 Nov 2021 - 8:26

Despite the bad weather, a large smile crossed Primroselight's face as the warrior stood just within the shelter of the nursery, in case the downpour hit too soon. She'd had her own suspicions that her youngest litter of kits would be apprenticed in the upcoming days, and Ashstorm's voice ringing out over camp pretty much confirmed her guess. Leaving her covered spot, she joined two of her daughters outside underneath Tallbranch, awaiting the ceremony. Hollykit had certainly grown over the moons, no longer the tiny scrap of fur Dawnfeather had named. It pained the warrior that the kits' father wouldn't be there for any of their ceremonies, but at least they had never properly known what they missed out on. Her two older kits (and herself) weren't so lucky.

"You never know, but I don't think we can fit you in the nursery much longer. Might need to put a rock on your head to stop you growing so fast!" Primroselight said, still smiling. The kits' den wasn't particularly full, but a near-apprentice aged litter always meant space was tight.

character profiles | plotting pages

↣ ↢
Brindlepaw | Thunderclan Apprentice | [20/60]
Violetsky | Skyclan T2 Warrior | [40/100]
Foxflower | Windclan Permaqueen| [50/80]
↣ ↢

deceased/missing: Brighteye, Dappleleaf, Yew, Mistlebright,
Magpiesight, Wisteriabloom, Primroselight, Muddythorn,
Silversnake, Finchpaw, Aoife
Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

Characters : Mintpool of Thunderclan | Hollyshine of Skyclan | Cinderkit of Shadowclan

PostSubject: Re: Hollykit's Apprentice Ceremony   Hollykit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyWed 17 Nov 2021 - 11:57

Hollykit wrestled with her anxiety, imagining giving it bite to the neck. She came from such an amazing family, there was no reason she wouldn’t be just as amazing. And hadn’t she been practicing for this? All she had to do was her best! Distracted by this, she almost didn’t notice when her mother came out of the nursery behind them until she came close.

Reflexively, her neck snapped  — it could’ve been Waspkit or Slatekit, and she didn’t want them to see her so unsure — but it wasn’t, it was her mother! And, in the way no other cat could, the dark-furred kit felt reassured by her very presence. Of course, it might not be me, and I’ll be okay. Dawnfeather came close to her mama, and Muddy, too; they were frequent minders of Hollykit and her sisters, and undoubtedly some of her favorite cats in the world. But you only had one mama, Hollykit thought. She beamed—

—and her muzzle scrunched into a pout, at the words.

Mama! I’m not that big yet! And besides, that’s not even possible...” Was it? she thought, but very certain her mother was teasing her. Unfortunately, for all her fire, she was a little more gullible than other kits... the clever one was Waspkit. Maybe their nests were getting a bit full, though. (She does... maybe... kick Waspkit... a lot.) But Hollykit liked them being so close!

Nothing could beat how badly she’d wanted to be an apprentice, but — that meant she wouldn’t be sleeping with Prima anymore, didn’t it? Hollykit huffed, lifting her chin — though she did move so she was brushing pelts with her mother. “And you’re going to miss me, I know it. I’m the warmest at night.”

She mewed innocently; she tend to run quite hot, and it had gotten slowly colder over the past few moons. Maybe they were big, but they kept the nursery quite warm! Even if sometimes her and Waspkit slept in their own nests.
Back to top Go down
Little Ripped

Little Ripped

Characters : (E)cho, (T)inypaw, (A)shstorm (dead), (Sh)ira (dead), (W)aterlily (dead), (S)carletriver (dead), Big Man (K)even (dead)
Clan/Rank : (A) Skyclan Tier 5 Warrior, (Sh) Elder, (W) Thunderclan Tier 4 Warrior, (S) Tier 3 Warrior, (K) Tier 1 Rogue
Leo Pig
Number of posts : 1061

PostSubject: Re: Hollykit's Apprentice Ceremony   Hollykit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyWed 17 Nov 2021 - 14:25

Once Hollykit was spotted, Ashstorm called "Hollykit, please step forward." She watched as the kit left Primroselight and Dawnfeather and came forward.

"You have become around six moons old and because of this it is time for you to become an apprentice. From today until the day when you finish your training and are ready to become a warrior, you will be known as Hollypaw. Your mentor will be Ravenclaw." Her eyes went over to her littermate whom had just become a mentor, in case Hollypaw was not sure who she was. Ashstorm did not know how much they knew each other and so she wanted to make it clear. She nodded and then looked back at Hollypaw. "She is a strong warrior, who I have no doubts will train you well."

Echo - Loner - Tier 1 Rogue
Tinypaw - Thunderclan - Apprentice

I don't have new art, so you get the drawings of my old cats :)
Signature done by Arcana and Scarletriver Loki Avatar done by Cocoa!
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2302

PostSubject: Re: Hollykit's Apprentice Ceremony   Hollykit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyWed 17 Nov 2021 - 14:38

Dawnfeather nuzzled her younger sister right back, eyes sparkling. “It just might be!” She’d seen Ashaunt’s eyes linger on Hollykit as she came out… there was no better kit to make an apprentice in her opinion. Hollykit was ready and willing, although she seemed a little nervous- Dawnfeather wrapped her tail around the shorter molly, purring and giving her a gentle lick between the ears.

“You could always take the rock off,” Dawnfeather offered. “It’s hard to balance things on your head. They always fall off. And you’ll be in the warriors den sleeping next to me and Prima in no time!” Ahh… that would be nice… she’d slept with Prima in the nursery a few nights, before the kits came and when they were very young. In her absence, when the warrior den lacked the sweet older molly… Dawnfeather pushed herself deeper into Olive’s fur, and Dandelion laid her tail across her back. It was wonderful… but she couldn’t wait until Hollykit, Waspkit, Slatekit, Hollowpaw, and Beetlepaw were all warriors.

Ashaunt’s voice pulled her back to herself. “It’s you!” She gave an excited squeak, gently nudging her sister forwards. Ashaunt said the familiar words… Ravenclaw? Yes, Birdsong’s mother. As soon as Ashaunt was finished speaking, Dawnfeather bounded forwards, laying her tail over Hollypaw’s back and purring uncontrollably. “I’m so excited! Now that you’re an apprentice we can go out and do stuff with Prima and Muddy! And soon Wasp and Slate!”

And they could all hunt together- her and Smokema, Beechaunt, Prima, Muddy, Wasp, Slate, Olive, Dandelion, Beetle, Hollow, Ashaunt, Hawkuncle…
Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

PostSubject: Re: Hollykit's Apprentice Ceremony   Hollykit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyWed 17 Nov 2021 - 15:28

“That’s true,” she mewed, pleased, at Dawnfeather’s affection. Whether this was her ceremony or not, she would be a warrior before long, wouldn’t she? Hollykit would just make sure of it. She shot her mom a look of kit-affronted dignity — even if they always teased her!

One moment, she was getting teased by her mother — and her sister! — and in the next, she heard her name. Her name. And by Ashstorm! She had been wanting it so bad in her heart it almost seemed unbelievable that it could actually be happening.

She sat so still. That is, until Dawnfeather nudged her encouragingly; snapping her back to reality. This was her moment. She couldn’t freeze up! Taking a deep breath, Hollykit stepped forward, determined. If there were eyes on her, there couldn’t be doubt; she was a Skyclan cat, and proud of it! And she was going to be a warrior. It reminded her of being in her makeshift pretend Skyclan, back when she was younger; stepping out as leader, Hollystar. Be dignified!

Hollykit almost wasn’t conscious of herself as she was walking forward, paws moving on their own, until her head tilted up to see their deputy atop the Highbranch. Oh, it really did give height, didn’t it? Hollykit hadn’t noticed until now, not really. The molly seemed strong, lithe, and even though there seemed to be a heaviness to her shoulders, she had a serious presence nonetheless — the stormclouds above bleeding into the grey of her pelt. It made her shiver, want to stand taller. And then it happened quickly. Hollypaw.

This happened to other kits, and she’d seen it. But it was different when she became Hollypaw, and Ashstorm’s yellow eyes sought out a warrior from the small gathering of cats. Hollykit’s sharp eyes followed, but she couldn’t see — still too short! — and she huffed in frustration. She thought she caught a flash of black, dark, like that of Hollypaw’s own.

There weren’t that many, in Skyclan.

Her sister came out, then, taking her attention, and though Hollykit — no, Hollypaw — was intent on identifying that flash of black, the congratulation’s made her heart soften. “Yeah. You guys have to take me to all the good spots. And show me how to climb trees like you do.”

The young molly was about to say more — like how Dawnfeather would have to teach her to fight — but then she thought of the warrior Ashstorm just named. And... Hollypaw knew it wasn’t Dawnfeather, who she’d always pictured as her mentor. There was so much light and joy in her elder sister, but a strength she’d constantly admired too. But she wouldn’t be teaching her to fight, that would be someone else.

Could this molly — and Hollypaw remembered, she was a molly — teach her, as well as an agile warrior like Dawnfeather might? She turned from Dawnfeather’s pelt, green eyes curious.
Back to top Go down
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Characters : Shrikestar (T5 Leader), Ravenclaw (T5) || Falconstar, Eaglethorn, Condorclaw
Clan/Rank : WindClan Leader/SkyClan Warrior
Aquarius Goat
Number of posts : 2914

PostSubject: Re: Hollykit's Apprentice Ceremony   Hollykit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyThu 18 Nov 2021 - 8:28

Ravenclaw lifted her head, hearing her name be called as the new mentor to Hollypaw. Admittedly her mind had been somewhere else, thinking of Wrenspring... and where Dawnhawk might be. It was something that consumed most of her thoughts, as much as she knew it shouldn't. No less an authority than Beechface had warned her about going after Dawnhawk, but... But she wanted vengeance.

She padded over to Hollypaw, who seemed a touch distracted. Well, at least they had that in common. "Greetings," she purred, trying to seem not as in great turmoil as she actually was. "I'll do my best to teach you everything I know."
Back to top Go down
teddybr

teddybr

Characters : [S]piderkit, [W]asppaw, [C]rowpaw
Clan/Rank : [S]RC(Kit), [W]SkC(kit),[C]TC(MCA)
Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: Hollykit's Apprentice Ceremony   Hollykit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyThu 18 Nov 2021 - 13:50

Waspkit watched with jealousy. "Well, at least now I get more room in the nursery." She mumbles, though despite it all she couldn't help as though her sister bet her to it. (small post soz >:,D)

Wasppaw | SkyClan Apprentice | She/Her | #ff6600
Crowpaw | ThunderClan Medicine Cat Apprentice | He/Him | #009900
Spiderpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | He/Him | #999999
Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

PostSubject: Re: Hollykit's Apprentice Ceremony   Hollykit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyThu 18 Nov 2021 - 18:11

Hollypaw blinked: one moment her focus was on Dawnfeather, and in the next, all she saw was sleek, dark fur. Tilting her head, she realized that this was Ravenclaw.

She cut a striking figure, well-muscled — certainly, she was a warrior — but there was a touch of something in her eyes, like her thoughts were elsewhere. Hollypaw’s ear flicked at the greeting, and she nodded. “Thank you,” she mewed. “It’s good to meet you.”

Ravenclaw was maybe — not what Hollypaw expected. But she was a warrior.

From one ear, though, Hollypaw caught her sister’s voice, but not many words. Glancing to the side, she saw Waspkit there, staring at her. Oh! Was Waspkit excited for her? Glad her sister was here, she flicked her my tail in hello. It made her feel a little more excited, for what was coming next.
Back to top Go down
teddybr

teddybr

Characters : [S]piderkit, [W]asppaw, [C]rowpaw
Clan/Rank : [S]RC(Kit), [W]SkC(kit),[C]TC(MCA)
Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: Hollykit's Apprentice Ceremony   Hollykit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyThu 18 Nov 2021 - 19:29

Waspkit couldn't really differentiate between each warrior, she thought well; the warrior looks more or less like she'll tolerate Hollypaw, and that was good enough for her. Though when her sister looks over she quickly changes her expression to somewhat of an uncaring one. From an outsider's view, she would indeed look uncaring, but her family has known her long enough to know this is not her usual uncaring, in fact, one wouldn't even say she IS uncaring.

She lightly flickered her tail in return. A sign of greeting and despite the negative jealously festering her eyes shine brightly for her sister.

Once the ceremony is done she bounded up to her sister. "Hmm, you still look the same." She shrugs.  Though that's her way of saying congratulations.
Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

PostSubject: Re: Hollykit's Apprentice Ceremony   Hollykit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyFri 19 Nov 2021 - 11:11

Hollypaw squeaked, fur puffing at the indignity. Of course, it was Waspkit: this was how she communicated. Hollypaw batted at her sister, but even she couldn’t keep the satisfaction out of her eyes. “I do too look different, Waspbrain! It’s not my fault you can’t see yet,” she mewed with a grin.

Mintpool | Thunderclan T3 Warrior | 45/90 | Shamrock #33cc66
Cinderkit | Shadowclan Kit | 10/30 | DarkGray | #87CEEB
Hollyshine | Skyclan Tier 3 Warrior | 50/120 | Crimson #cc0000

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hollykit's Apprentice Ceremony   Hollykit's Apprentice Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Hollykit's Apprentice Ceremony
Page 1 of 1