Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Maple
Former Staff
Former Staff
Maple

Characters : *Dustcloud {D}, *Blazeflight {B}, *Silentstrike {Sil}, *Gustpuddle {G}, *Swiftflight {Sw}, *Fennelpaw {Fn}, *Jaysong {Ja}, *Fallowlight {Fa}, *Fern {Fe}, *Brackenberry {Br}, *Ivystar {Iv}, *Specklekit {Sp}, *Beanheart {Be}, *Freckleface {Fr}, Briarthorn {Br}, *Eris {E}, *Hyacinthia {Hy}, *Otterdance {Ot}, Nightbird {Ni}, *Olivepaw {Ol}, Smudgekit {Sm}
Clan/Rank : Tier Five SkyClan Warrior {Br}, Tier Two SkyClan Warrior {Ni}, WindClan Kit {Sm}
Leo Monkey
Number of posts : 4841

shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed] Empty
PostSubject: shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed]   shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed] EmptyMon 29 Mar 2021 - 20:44

Despite her best efforts, Ebonysong had managed to pin Briarthorn down in conversation long enough to assign her to a patrol. If it had been someone like Freckleface or Tulipfang she might've thrown a fit over it, but this was simple enough- it would just be Mistyfalcon and herself, which didn't seem quite as bad as it could've been. He wasn't her favorite tom by any means, but she supposed it could've been worse. With a stuff grunt, she shoved herself forward and onto her paws, tail hung low as she sauntered over to the camp exit. The stars above shone brightly, reflecting in Briarthorn's pale green eyes. Mistyfalcon should be there any second for the dusk patrol, and Briarthorn was ready to get out of camp. The hustle and bustle as everyone woke from their slumber was something she preferred to keep away from, even if that meant an official patrol.

♛  Site Baby Sister  ♛

| Briarthorn | Nightbird | Smudgepaw |
| T5 SkC Warrior | T2 SkC Warrior | WC Apprentice |
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5692

PostSubject: Re: shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed]   shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed] EmptyTue 30 Mar 2021 - 7:58

Mistyfalcon slipped out of the warriors' den, shaking out his pelt as he turned toward the camp entrance. Ebonysong had put him on the dusk patrol with Briarthorn, of all cats. Not a she-cat he knew particularly well, but the deed was done. At least it wasn't Tulipfang, so there was a decent chance he wouldn't have what was left of his ears talked off tonight.

The large tabby wasn't hard to find, and Mistyfalcon hurried over, hoping he hadn't kept her waiting too long. He was used to being the one waiting by the camp entrance, so for her to get there first wasn't an unwelcome surprise. The camp was beginning to stir awake, and Mistyfalcon longed for the quiet of the territory beyond the camp walls.

"Briarthorn." His greeting was short, as it was with most of his clanmates. Without another word, he slipped past her through the camp entrance. He had never been one for small talk, and Briarthorn had never seemed the type, either. Fine by him, and even better that there were no more rogues to shadow their pawsteps.

That meant patrolling would be relatively peaceful, or so he hoped.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
Maple
Former Staff
Former Staff
Maple

Characters : *Dustcloud {D}, *Blazeflight {B}, *Silentstrike {Sil}, *Gustpuddle {G}, *Swiftflight {Sw}, *Fennelpaw {Fn}, *Jaysong {Ja}, *Fallowlight {Fa}, *Fern {Fe}, *Brackenberry {Br}, *Ivystar {Iv}, *Specklekit {Sp}, *Beanheart {Be}, *Freckleface {Fr}, Briarthorn {Br}, *Eris {E}, *Hyacinthia {Hy}, *Otterdance {Ot}, Nightbird {Ni}, *Olivepaw {Ol}, Smudgekit {Sm}
Clan/Rank : Tier Five SkyClan Warrior {Br}, Tier Two SkyClan Warrior {Ni}, WindClan Kit {Sm}
Leo Monkey

PostSubject: Re: shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed]   shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed] EmptyThu 1 Apr 2021 - 22:06

Briarthorn let out a small, hardly audible sigh when Mistyfalcon appeared, thankful that it was before most of the camp was awake and out of their nests. In response to his greeting, she merely nodded, pushing herself to her paws and following him out of camp and into the open, marshy territory. Being out in the marsh was, by a long shot, preferred to being within the camp walls, where there would be nonstop chatter and nearly always someone who needed Briarthorn to do something for them. Shaking out her thick fur, she parted her maw for a moment and breathed in the scents surrounding her. Without a word said to Mistyfalcon she split off from him, flicking her tail for a brief moment to signify that she was heading out for her hunt.

A small mouse had caught her attention, skittering around the few trees that spotted the marsh. Thankfully she was downwind from the creature and was able to sneak up on it in a half-hearted crouch. Lunging forward, she was able to crush the small creature under her large paws and quickly nip it at the base of the neck, and with the little mouse between her teeth, she headed back to where she had left Mistyfalcon, dropping the mouse on the ground and pushing a bit of dried mud over top of it.

Briarthorn successfully caught a mouse, costing -3 Stamina Points.

Briarthorn:
60/60 HP
197/200 SP [-3]

♛  Site Baby Sister  ♛

Last edited by Maple on Thu 1 Apr 2021 - 22:43; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15086

PostSubject: Re: shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed]   shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed] EmptyThu 1 Apr 2021 - 22:06

The member 'Maple' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed] Mistpe10
shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed]   shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed] EmptySat 3 Apr 2021 - 17:24

Briarthorn seemed content not to talk, and Mistyfalcon relaxed as they made it out into the territory. The night was quiet, almost... peaceful without Asylum's presence, and he had no qualms with it. He twitched an ear as she split off to find her own prey, then his eyes scanned the darkness and his jaws parted slightly as he scented for something to catch.

It didn't take long to pick up the scent of vole, and Mistyfalcon dropped into a crouch, stalked towards the creature in silence. He was careful of where he placed his paws- the marsh was treacherous if one was unaware, but he knew the territory well enough by now. When he was close enough, he leapt forward.

Mistyfalcon came up with the vole between his teeth, and turned to bury his catch for retrieval later.

Mistyfalcon attempted to catch a vole. Catch was successful!
237 / 240 sp

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Last edited by kjSage on Sat 3 Apr 2021 - 17:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed]   shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed] EmptySat 3 Apr 2021 - 17:24

The member 'kjSage' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

Back to top Go down
Maple
Former Staff
Former Staff
Maple

Leo Monkey

PostSubject: Re: shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed]   shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed] EmptyMon 5 Apr 2021 - 13:46

Heading back out into the heart of the territory, Briarthorn opened her maw and breathed in the scents that surrounded her, quickly locating the scent of a nearby frog. Though it took her a few moments, she was able to put herself on the small creature's trail. Once it was finally within her sight, she crouched down, waiting for the right moment before she would strike. Just as she was about to make her leap, she stumbled forward, and while she clumsily landed on top of the frog, it was, unfortunately, able to escape her grasp. The she-cat wasn't about to hop around and chase it, and while frustrated, she was perfectly content to pretend it hadn't happened and locate another prey item.

Briarthorn tried to catch a frog, and was unsuccessful, using -3 Stamina Points.

Briarthorn:
60/60 HP
194/200 SP [-3]

♛  Site Baby Sister  ♛

Last edited by Maple on Mon 5 Apr 2021 - 13:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed]   shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed] EmptyMon 5 Apr 2021 - 13:46

'Hunting Dice' : 7

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed]   shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed] EmptyTue 6 Apr 2021 - 12:59

Mistyfalcon continued to search for prey, tattered ears twitching as he caught a faint rustling. He paused, then slowly crept towards the sound until he caught sight of the rabbit picking at something on the ground.

Carefully, Mistyfalcon dropped into a crouch and approached. Rabbits and hares were a difficult catch, but not something he'd ever passed up the opportunity to try. Once he was close, he leapt for the creature, and that was when the direction of the wind shifted... Blowing his scent directly towards the rabbit.

"Fox dung." Mistyfalcon growled a low curse under his breath as the rabbit bolted for safety, knowing that he'd have no chance of catching it now that it had the head start. Ears twitching back in annoyance, he continued his search.

Mistyfalcon attempted to catch a rabbit. Catch was unsuccessful!
234 / 240 sp

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Last edited by kjSage on Tue 6 Apr 2021 - 13:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed]   shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed] EmptyTue 6 Apr 2021 - 12:59

The member 'kjSage' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 7

Back to top Go down
Maple
Former Staff
Former Staff
Maple

Leo Monkey

PostSubject: Re: shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed]   shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed] EmptyFri 9 Apr 2021 - 23:15

Briarthorn turned to hopefully detect the scent of another prey animal, but she was caught off-guard by the putrid scent of something she swore she recognized, but couldn't quite place. Then, there was a faint rustling sound behind her and she whipped around to face whatever it was... and felt the stinging grip of a snake on her front shoulder. In an attempt to get it off she slashed an unsheathed claw across it... and somehow missed. It was wriggling around and causing her quite a bit of stress, but she wouldn't dare call out for Mistyfalcon. She could handle a simple snake on her own.

The Snake used Gripping Bite, dealing -10 Health Points and using -30 Stamina Points. It is attached to Briarthorn for two turns.
Briarthorn attempted to use Front Paw Strike, but missed due to Serpentine Movement, using -10 Stamina Points.

Briarthorn:
50/60 HP [-10]
184/200 SP [-10]

Snake:
10/10 HP
50/80 SP [-30]

♛  Site Baby Sister  ♛

Last edited by Maple on Fri 9 Apr 2021 - 23:34; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed]   shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed] EmptyFri 9 Apr 2021 - 23:15

'Hunting Dice' : 10

Back to top Go down
Maple
Former Staff
Former Staff
Maple

Leo Monkey

PostSubject: Re: shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed]   shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed] EmptyFri 9 Apr 2021 - 23:30

rolling again for serpentine movement results

♛  Site Baby Sister  ♛

Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed]   shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed] EmptyFri 9 Apr 2021 - 23:30

'Effect Dice' : 6

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed]   shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed] EmptySat 10 Apr 2021 - 7:56

Mistyfalcon continued to search for prey, ears perked and jaws parted slightly as he surveyed the pines and marshy ground. He picked up the scent of another rabbit, and paused, considering.

The first rabbit had bolted when the wind had shifted. This time, Mistyfalcon would be more careful. Mistyfalcon crept toward the rabbit in silence.

This time, his leap was a tad too slow. Swearing under his breath, Mistyfalcon turned. It was about time to start heading back towards Briarthorn, and he hoped that she'd fared better than he had tonight.

Mistyfalcon attempted to catch a rabbit. Catch was unsuccessful!
231 / 240 sp

On the way, he startled a mouse, and swiftly killed it before retrieving the rest of his catch. That was when he heard the hissing sound, and Mistyfalcon froze, one paw still in the air as he listened. Briarthorn had fouond something after all, it seemed.

Setting the prey down between the roots of a pine, Mistyfalcon moved forward. The snake had a good grip on Briathorn's shoulder, and he aimed a quick paw for it. Claws met scales, and the snake's body dropped unceremoniously to the ground. Hopefully it wasn't venomous.

"Are you okay?" He asked. Rookfire was going to throw a fit if she didn't get that bite looked at, probably.

Mistyfalcon used Front Paw Strike on snake for -10sp, dealing -12 damage. Attack successful!

Mistyfalcon
80 / 80 hp
221 / 240 sp (231 - 10)

Snake -dead-
-2 / 10 hp (10 - 12)
50 / 80 sp

Briarthorn
50 / 60 hp
184 / 200 sp

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Last edited by kjSage on Sat 10 Apr 2021 - 8:34; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed]   shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

shadows are falling and I'm running out of breath [closed]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next