Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Ripples to Rapids [RiverClan Sitewide Topic]

Go down 
+18
Ankle
Reaper King
Green'Heart
Seer
Maple
Ceryn
kjSage
Spooksjolly
khamosa
Karuna
rhindon
Talis
Peridot
Honey Badger
Ice
Holly
Grizzly
Mosspelt
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Karuna

Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderkit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2229

Ripples to Rapids [RiverClan Sitewide Topic] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripples to Rapids [RiverClan Sitewide Topic]   Ripples to Rapids [RiverClan Sitewide Topic] - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 8:34 am

Raisha groaned as she released the apprentice she had pinned down, who had been whimpering softly. He was definitely a new apprentice, that was for sure. Shaking out her matted fur, she decided to head over to Duran, after casting a sympathetic glance to Brick, followed by a chuckle as she decided to marvel over the strange cat's eyes.

"Rookie, I have absolutely no idea how you can stay so calm. There is enough water in the air to drown a cat, let alone the water around us!" She chuckled at her joke before remembering who the cat was, and she lowered her voice. "Sorry, bad joke. You holding up alright, Rookie?"

Ripples to Rapids [RiverClan Sitewide Topic] - Page 3 SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | 45/90 | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | 20/60 | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | 60/80 | #4E5A64
Adderkit | ThunderClan Kit | 10/30 | #99b586 (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6041

PostSubject: Re: Ripples to Rapids [RiverClan Sitewide Topic]   Ripples to Rapids [RiverClan Sitewide Topic] - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 11:07 am

As the strangers' leader gave their terms, Flashpaw sat silently - listening, trying to actually understand what they meant by all of this. It was a small comfort, at least, that Ivystar would remain as her leader - there were few cats to whom she felt she owed respect; but her leader, who had played her part in making RiverClan the best of the Clans, was certainly among them.

No visits to the Moonstone, and she even called it a terrible place - Flashpaw herself might have been a little bit conflicted on just how much high esteem many of her Clanmates held their ancestors in, but she'd also heard whispers amongst the oldest apprentices that it was a beautiful place bathed in shining light; and she couldn't see StarClan taking hold of some dark, shadowy cave unless it was quite stunning. Still, they were allowed to honor them, even if they couldn't do so in the way they always had - so why?

No Gatherings. Her first thought was that she would miss the politics of watching the leaders interact, as well as hearing news from other Clans - and her second was a sharp realization of what this was likely about. Looking around the camp, they couldn't take on this many cats; not without careful planning in secret - and not without more paws behind it.

Their last point only proved her theory: no leaving the camp alone, or rather, without them. Well, that at least made sense from their perspective - they wouldn't want their captives plotting against them or running away, would they? - but it also meant her personal training would have to be put on hold, or adjusted somehow. How disappointing - she'd hoped to at least make third of her siblings to reach warriorhood, rather than the last.

(Though this situation took precedence, she could admit. Silently. To herself.)

As much as she hated to admit it - and she did - they were trapped. They were going to need to work smarter, not harder, if they wanted to survive.

We've got to play nice with them... At least until we can think of something better.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ripples to Rapids [RiverClan Sitewide Topic]   Ripples to Rapids [RiverClan Sitewide Topic] - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 4:10 pm

Shrikefrost’s ears twisted flat against his skull at Ivystar’s sharp reprimand. Why was he being talked back to for trying to help? Although it wasn’t the case, it seemed to him that Ivystar cared more about this diplomacy than helping Loonwhisper. He seethed a bit until Flashpaw spoke up, and that hit differently. She cared about Loonwhisper like he did, that was certain. So for her to force herself to remain calm meant it was the right thing to do, at the time... the Asylum cat in charge, Lyralei, had to recognize RiverClan would never obey willingly if they killed Loonwhisper. He was in no immediate danger, Shrikefrost conceded, and he found that conclusion as the cat on top of him drew blood at his neck.

Shrikefrost sent the green-eyed tom pinning him down a look of absolute and pure hatred. He would memorize that face, and if a battle came, go straight for him - or Lyralei, or anyone who layed a claw on his kin. It was hard to speak around his captor’s claws, but he would make a defiant remark even at the risk of choking on his own blood. “Or what?” He was really digging himself a grave at this point, but there was no way in all the sky above he was going down peacefully.
Back to top Go down
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Characters : Flamethrower
Clan/Rank : Rogue [T1]
Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 1212

PostSubject: Re: Ripples to Rapids [RiverClan Sitewide Topic]   Ripples to Rapids [RiverClan Sitewide Topic] - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 10:47 pm

A vaguely amused rumble stirred in his throat, yellow gaze and glinting green pupils meeting the burning glare of the tom beneath him, the barest hint of a humourless smile twitching at his own maw. This one will cause problems. For himself, and all those around him if he wasn't careful. "Save your words for when it matters, kit," He replied, his voice a cooler, calmer counterpoint to the choking hiss, his claws pricking into the other's grey pelt enough that only further struggles would drive them deeper. "You may find you need them when your friends are dragged down by that burning temper of yours."

pics of me cats:

In order from left to right
Flamethrower
Ded/Missing:
Swansong | Rift | Cleft Spyre | Sablepaw/Lirista | Minkstar | Murkpaw
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/piiec
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ripples to Rapids [RiverClan Sitewide Topic]   Ripples to Rapids [RiverClan Sitewide Topic] - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 2:52 pm

Carpsplash's stiffened joints seemed to become something comparable to stone as the stranger appeared. His fur stood on end and his teeth collided in the most jarring and unusual manner as he unintentionally clenched them together. Every ounce of warrior spirit burning beneath the worn tabby coat smoldered and threatened to burn into a fiery rage. But as he stared after the young warrior it petered out once more. No longer could this old body keep up with the overwhelming desire to fight for his clan. The normally loud mouthed tom was silent, defeated.

He stared, watching the scene of their camp unfold. Finally, his gaze drifted to the she-cat who had accompanied him. When he spoke, his words were cracked and dry, just like the sensation that had overwhelmed his maw, "I don't believe you. No cat invades the home of another with good intent." The elder lacked any bit of fire he intended to speak in her direction and he sounded rather like a deflating fish. However, he managed enough spiteful bitterness to be content for now. Shifting on his tailless rump, the tom waited for a response from their leader. Like so many moons before he was condemned to merely watch the fate of his clan rather than actively raise a paw. It was a good thing they had not been called to fight.
Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 2502

PostSubject: Re: Ripples to Rapids [RiverClan Sitewide Topic]   Ripples to Rapids [RiverClan Sitewide Topic] - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 12:01 am

As the she-cat lifted her claws from his throat, Loonwhisper let out a long, agonized wheeze. He spent a few moments catching his breath, feeling the air refill his lungs and blessing him with the gift of life. For a moment, he thought his gifts had completely run out. Lyralei was a large tortoiseshell, with a voice that reminded him of a dove's, if a dove had the temperament of a sly fox. His head tilted queerly at the sight of her and her companions. Around half of them were draped in pelts, wrapped in thorns and other doodads to keep the predator-hoods from sliding off their backs. For a moment, he thought he might like to have one. He nearly asked Lyralei where they all got such fanciful gear, before the sound of his brother's desperate call drew him back into reality, from the world that existed in his swirling eyes.

Loonwhisper padded most calmly to his brother's side and nuzzled Shrikefrost's cheek. "I'm quite alright," he whispered. "I feel as though I have the silver-fish in my ears, though. I'll have to shake them out tonight. She's not so terrible, Lyralei... very strong. Large claws."

He listened to the Asylum's demands with intent, his careful ears twitching at each lilt in the pretty she-cat's tone. Though he may live in a disjointed reality, Loonwhisper was not an insolent kitten. He knew very well when he was being spoken down to. But, this time, all of RiverClan was being spoken down to. It was as if the Asylum were their mentors, and they were silly little apprentices. These changes were not right for the clans, even if he did begin to salivate at the thought of all the clans living as one, without any strife or trouble between them. Ages of tradition, politics, religion, ancestry, and bad blood between warring groups did not suddenly end because they were strong-armed into an alliance... He had pondered it immensely, and figured that the Asylum clearly did not do as much research as an apprentice with a season of free time had. They were not a thinking-bunch, it seemed. Still, he did not share the same horrified, angry looks shifting between his clanmates. Loonwhisper was not so sure his blood was capable of boiling, and it certainly didn't boil now.

But he was decidedly miffed. His lips pursed, just a bit askew. It was the kind of expression one might expect to make when an elder tells an unfunny joke.

When he turned again, it was his sister, Flashpaw, who he whispered to. "I thought you'd yell, but you've become stoic overnight. Are you afraid?"

Ripples to Rapids [RiverClan Sitewide Topic] - Page 3 TpKJUN0

Rushkit | RiverClan Kit | #4b5320
Lionpaw | ThunderClan Apprentice | #cb945f

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6041

PostSubject: Re: Ripples to Rapids [RiverClan Sitewide Topic]   Ripples to Rapids [RiverClan Sitewide Topic] - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 12:42 am

Loonwhisper is safe, Flashpaw thought, the words repeating over and over in her mind after Lyralei let him go. Shrikefrost's troubles hadn't eluded her, but if telling him that there was nothing they could do wasn't enough then there was nothing more she could do to sway him. Hopefully Loonwhisper's presence at his side, and whatever words he had to share, were enough - and just where was Splashpaw; was she still in the apprentice's den?

Her brother turned to her next, whispering his own questions. It was rare for Flashpaw to be soft, and rarer still for her to show any true vulnerability. But now, with Loonwhisper's near-death at the Asylum captain's paws fresh in her mind... She felt the need to be honest. "I... Yes," she whispered back, a gentle admission. "I am. I'm afraid of what all of this means for all of us. And I don't want to lose you, or Shrikefrost, or Splashpaw... I'm sorry that I didn't say anything. I didn't want them to know that we cared, because I thought - if they know that we love you, then they might hurt you more. But you know I do, don't you?"

Love and sorrow in equal measure were the only emotions visible on her face. Regret that she couldn't do more, and the love that made her want to protect these cats at any cost - even the cost of her voice, her ability to speak out against this clear injustice; she would do anything at all for them.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Maple
Former Staff
Former Staff
Maple

Characters : *Dustcloud {D}, *Blazeflight {B}, *Silentstrike {Sil}, *Gustpuddle {G}, *Swiftflight {Sw}, *Fennelpaw {Fn}, *Jaysong {Ja}, *Fallowlight {Fa}, *Fern {Fe}, *Brackenberry {Br}, *Ivystar {Iv}, *Specklekit {Sp}, *Beanheart {Be}, *Freckleface {Fr}, Briarthorn {Br}, *Eris {E}, *Hyacinthia {Hy}, *Otterdance {Ot}, Nightbird {Ni}, *Olivepaw {Ol}, Smudgekit {Sm}
Clan/Rank : Tier Five SkyClan Warrior {Br}, Tier Two SkyClan Warrior {Ni}, WindClan Kit {Sm}
Leo Monkey
Number of posts : 4840

PostSubject: Re: Ripples to Rapids [RiverClan Sitewide Topic]   Ripples to Rapids [RiverClan Sitewide Topic] - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 12:58 pm

Ivystar's lips curled as she narrowed her gaze at the black and white she-cat, hackles rising slightly as she waited for Loonwhisper to wiggle free from under her. "With Leafbare on the horizon infection is a concern no matter the size of the wound. Loonwhisper, see Thornpaw." She murmured as he padded past her and towards Shrikefrost and Flashpaw. Her gaze then shifted back to Lyralei, emerald eyes sharp. "I agree to these terms, but know that the moment you or any of these cats you call your own lays a claw on one of my Clanmates, this 'surrender' goes out the window. Every single one of my warriors has my permission to tear each of you to shreds. Got it?" She growled, tail lashing behind her.

The grey she-cat's ears flickered back for a moment, the sound of one specific Asylum cat catching her interest. Having already accepted Lyralei's terms, she figured she was free to do whatever she pleased... and so, she turned and faced the tom wearing the black fox pelt. For just a moment, hew maw parted as she stared at the tom, almost... awestruck. Despite his efforts to disguise his voice, Ivystar was almost certain that she was speaking to her son. "... How...?" Her eyes seemed almost dull compared to the ferocity that they portrayed just moments ago. "Ash, I... What happened?"

♛  Site Baby Sister  ♛

| Briarthorn | Nightbird | Smudgepaw |
| T5 SkC Warrior | T2 SkC Warrior | WC Apprentice |
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

PostSubject: Re: Ripples to Rapids [RiverClan Sitewide Topic]   Ripples to Rapids [RiverClan Sitewide Topic] - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 9:06 pm

"But of course, Ivystar. You have my word that no harm will come to any of your clanmates, provided the rules are followed. I swear by the scars on my shoulder." Lyralei turned, revealing her rank scars before she smiled genuinely. "I look forward to hunting with and getting to know you all." She purred, motioning for her group to step back and take their chosen positions throughout camp. She was preparing to turn and head to make her report when something changed, and she paused. This she-cat knew one of her ranks? Her eyes narrowed slightly as she called the tom by a different name, but she remained silent. Perhaps this would be an issue. She had trained Duran himself, and he had never mentioned any connection to the clans. She waited patiently, trying to remain relaxed as she listened for his response.

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Ripples to Rapids [RiverClan Sitewide Topic] - Page 3 Giphy
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: Ripples to Rapids [RiverClan Sitewide Topic]   Ripples to Rapids [RiverClan Sitewide Topic] - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2020 2:53 pm

For an extended moment, silence followed his heartfelt words, and Duran decided to take a step back and fall in line beside Raisha.  Though his paws were still shaking and his heart pounded with the force of a waterfall, his friend's presence and nonchalant tone helped to bring him back down to earth.  He smiled, however tense his face was, and even managed a chuckle.  "Lucky I'm a good swimmer then..."  Though it seemed to be an effort to cheer him up, the brief moment of enjoyment faded away as Duran's gaze once again slipped back towards Ivystar.  He could see Stormbringer too, and Honeytongue...  Raisha seemed to realize that her words hadn't helped much and backtracked; Duran appreciated it and nodded, gaze fixed on the ground.  "I'm alright...it's hard, but I know in the end things will be okay.  Not much longer now."

Duran marveled at the ferocity in Ivystar's eyes as she turned back to face Lyralei; in the moment, though her words were of surrender, she did not look like a defeated leader.  She was strong as ever, a pillar of loyalty, compassion, and resistance.  A warrior could follow her to the ends of the earth without a doubt in their mind...if only he hadn't been so weak.  Now, he was standing on the other side of what felt like an unclimbable cliff, wanting to both run to and from his mother at the same time.  They were one now, all part of the same Asylum, but he knew deep down that this would be a hard won fight for both of them.  Ivystar would kick and claw her way back to freedom, and he would have to be the one to stand in her way.  Things would never be as they were before...never again would she call him by his name with such tenderness and affection.  As the line began to break and cats went their separate ways, Duran remained still, eyes dull and downcast.  I thought...that would've felt a lot better.

"... How...?"

"Ash, I... What happened?"

Duran flinched, his head jerking up to see Ivystar's form standing right in front of him.  His paws were rooted to the spot, and though most of his face was hidden by the black fox pelt the tom's green eyes reflected fear.  It was as if he had been caught in the eyes of a monster, clueless and frantic.  He was keenly aware of the fact that Lyralei was watching them; she didn't know his past.  He wasn't ready for this, he thought he would have more time!  Time to prepare, to find the right moment, the right words...her eyes looked so dull, sad even.  Mom...I'm sorry.

"U-Um...sorry, I-I don't understand, y-you must've mistaken me for...someone else."  He shuffled backward away from Ivystar, tail low and almost tucked under his body.  His stomach was churning from the stress, it felt like he was going to wretch.  However, he maintained composure, even managing to nod politely at Ivystar and meow a quiet - "H-have a good evening." - before trotting away at a much quicker pace than usual, shrinking into his fox pelt as unwelcome tears welled in his eyes.

Not yet, not yet...I need more time.

Just a little bit more time.

Back to top Go down
PandaPi

PandaPi

Capricorn Horse
Number of posts : 573

PostSubject: Re: Ripples to Rapids [RiverClan Sitewide Topic]   Ripples to Rapids [RiverClan Sitewide Topic] - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2020 3:22 pm

Moonkit emerged from the nursery hearing all of the yowling and hissing. He looked around and saw that there were strange cat's in the camp, but not that it mattered to him. He was tired and wanted to go back to bed when he heard the word, 'starclan.' He looked around and then for the first time in the clan spoke up, "Starclan isn't real." he said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ripples to Rapids [RiverClan Sitewide Topic]   Ripples to Rapids [RiverClan Sitewide Topic] - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ripples to Rapids [RiverClan Sitewide Topic]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3