Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Digitalis Purpurea (closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ice

Ice

Characters : Fuzzface, Curlyfluff, Sweetheart, Molehill
Clan/Rank : (F)WC/T5, (C)TC/T5, (S)TC/T2, (M)WC/T2
Libra Dragon
Number of posts : 5894

Digitalis Purpurea (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Digitalis Purpurea (closed)   Digitalis Purpurea (closed) EmptySat 30 May 2020 - 18:43

Letting out a huff, Tinylegs made his way into the dimly lit medicine cat den with a slight limp to his stride. With Sagelight's assistance over the past many moons, the small legged elder was able to keep his aches and pains at bay, but this morning, for whatever reason, his joints were acting up. Luckily for him, SkyClan was blessed with a knowledgeable medicine cat that would be able to help him. "Sagelight?" he called, his baby blue gaze glancing around the interesting smelling den.

gym rat    crazy poodle lady    mst

Digitalis Purpurea (closed) VHQrlk5
Digitalis Purpurea (closed) 1QYZaRo

Digitalis Purpurea (closed) Molex311
Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1543

PostSubject: Re: Digitalis Purpurea (closed)   Digitalis Purpurea (closed) EmptySun 31 May 2020 - 10:51

(OOC: THIS IS PART 2 OF SAGELIGHT'S PLOT, FOR ANYONE READING! THIS THREAD COMES AFTER THIS TOPIC!)

Sagelight had been troubled lately, even more so after his...incident the other night. He hadn't told anyone about what had happened. He  couldn't tell them. Not Spottedstar, not even Honeysong. His sleepless nights hadn't improved one bit and when he did sleep, he was wracked with nightmares about the Righteous Few and Firflower. And yet, he pushed on. Exhausted, weak from not eating, he continued to do his duties to the best of his abilities because that was his job, and he'd rather be sent to the Dark Forest than not provide for his Clan. They needed him.

The stocky tom was dozing off where he sat when Tinylegs came in. He just barely heard his name being called; his eyes fluttered open, dull and lifeless, yet he put on a smile nonetheless. No one could know and everything was fine. "Hello Tinylegs. What's the problem, is it the usual?" He got up and padded over to the short elder, moving in a wide circle around him in order to inspect him visually. "The same aches, or is it different this time?"

Digitalis Purpurea (closed) 2RvdchP
Flickerpaw         Icepaw         Lightpaw         Cricketpaw
#54565A         #8ED2E2         #E7CD65         #76AF5C

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Libra Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Digitalis Purpurea (closed)   Digitalis Purpurea (closed) EmptyWed 3 Jun 2020 - 20:25

Spotting Sagelight, who looked more of less tired, the stubby legged elder gave the tom a respectful dip of his head with a smile resting on his muzzle. "Yes, just the usual grievances," he chuckled, making his way closer to the tabby tom. Glancing around the den, all of his herbs and "potions" were still stored in an orderly fashion, though Sagelight's noticeably unkempt pelt was... different, to say the least.

"Still tired from the battle last moon?" he chuckled wholeheartedly. Though most of SkyClan didn't partake last gathering's fight, Sagelight still had cats to heal and he assumed even healing just a pawful of cats was tiresome.

Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Digitalis Purpurea (closed)   Digitalis Purpurea (closed) EmptyThu 4 Jun 2020 - 13:46

All the organizing had been Honeysong's work; after that incident the other night, Sagelight didn't exactly trust himself to sort things properly. But that was okay, things would get better soon. Things always got better, that was his mantra. It seems like he had to repeat that to himself much more often nowadays than before, though. "Just the usual..." he echoed to himself, padding over to the herb stock. Poppy seeds would do the trick. He took a moment to locate the small black seeds, not noticing the other, larger pile of small black seeds nearby. I wonder why we're so low on poppy seeds, he mused, thinking, as he scooped up a few in his paw and carried them over to Tinylegs. Sagelight flicked an ear at the chuckle, blinking. "What was that? Oh, the battle? I'm kinda glad I wasn't there in person, I had to take care of Firflower...but I certainly had my paws full afterwards, that's for sure. Here, eat these." The tabby tom smiled wearily, pushing the seeds over to the elder tom. "Hang out here for a little bit until you start feeling better, then you're free to go!"

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Libra Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Digitalis Purpurea (closed)   Digitalis Purpurea (closed) EmptyThu 11 Jun 2020 - 21:46

As the medicine cat shuffled around his stock of assorted herbs, Tinylegs listened, nodding along in agreement. Perking his ears as Sageleaf pushed him his usual dose of poppy seeds, the little legged elder gave him a nod. "What would I do without you," he chuckled with a smile, glad that SkyClan was so lucky to have such a capable medicine cat in their midst. Leaning down, he gulped up the seeds. They seemed a bit odd this time around, though they never did exactly taste grand, so he didn't think much of it.

But not even after more than a few moments, an uneasy feeling befell Tinylegs; something he'd never felt before. Within seconds, the short leader erupted in a fit of coughing. He couldn't control himself and soon, his heart began to race as well. His pelt grew hot and clammy, and he began to panic at the sudden outburst. This had never happened to him before when he'd gotten poppy seeds from Sagelight, so what was different? Breathing growing more rapid by the second, he tried his best to control his random, dreadful cough, which resulted in his breathing becoming short and raspy as he fought for air.

"What-" he gasped, looking up at Sagelight, tears welling in his blue gaze as he sat, his long back hunched over as he began to dry heave.

Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Digitalis Purpurea (closed)   Digitalis Purpurea (closed) EmptySun 14 Jun 2020 - 11:02

Sagelight laughed quietly back at the little joke, tail flicking with gentle mirth. That was a bit of a scary thought, what would the Clan do without him? His weary smile fell into a half-hearted half-smile as he tried his best to keep up appearances. Honeysong was a capable medicine cat, she had proved that much, but what would she have done without him to train her? She would probably train under Mossbloom, just like I did, he thought, crouching down until he was laying on the cool earth of the den. He closed his eyes. He just felt so tired...Maybe he could take a nap after Tinylegs left. Now that was a nice thought...

He snapped back to reality at the sound of coughing, eyes springing open. Something was wrong. The tabby medicine cat clambered to his paws, at Tinylegs' side in an instant. "Tinylegs? What's wrong, are you okay?" he mewed, his voice high with increasing panic. He shouldn't be coughing like that, or heaving like that, something was dreadfully wrong. He had dealt with emergency medical situations before, but he'd never seen anything like this. As quickly as he could, he pressed the elder down onto the ground with light paws, pushing him onto his side so he could put his ear to the tom's side. He was listening for his heart, and found it to be spiraling out of control, much to his dawning horror. Was he having a heart attack?

Heart attack, heart attack...Foxglove was used for heart issues. Sagelight bolted to the herb store, looking for the little black seeds. Too much of foxglove could cause heart failure, though, so he had to be careful—he froze mid-thought, staring at the blurry black specks on the ground before him. The two seperate piles of blurry black specks. "StarClan forgive me..." he breathed, his own heart dropping into the pit of his stomach. It was okay, he could fix this. He could fix this, right? Right? He sifted through the storage as quickly as his mental state would allow. After what seemed like ages, he found what he was looking for. He grabbed a few sprigs of a thin plant with little white flowers and hurried over to Tinylegs, dropping them in front of the tom's face. "Y-You'll be just fine, eat these immediately! This will induce vomiting. I'm—I'm so sorry, Tinylegs, I...I accidentally...gave you the wrong seeds, I...it's all my fault, I'm so sorry..."

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Libra Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Digitalis Purpurea (closed)   Digitalis Purpurea (closed) EmptyFri 10 Jul 2020 - 15:28

Stuck in a coughing fit, his chest seemed to tighten with every breath and it felt as though some-cat was piercing their paw through his heart it kept racing. Rolling onto his side, Tinylegs let out a strained moan as Sagelight pressed his ears against his chest. Was this the end? He hadn't really thought about how he'd go, but this certainly wasn't it; panicked and painful.

With the adrenaline blurring his senses, he pried open his eyes as the medicine cat began to talk, his voice shaky and filled with alarm. In front of him sat some flowers and trying his best to listen between his strained breaths, he was just barely able to understand what Sagelight said. Eat the flowers... something about vomiting. Well, that was certainly enough to persuade him to eat the herb, whatever it was.

Reaching his head forward, he licked up the flowers, trying to swallow them as fast as possible. Within a few moments, a revolting taste filled his mouth and within seconds, the tiny elder vomited up the seeds. Great StarClan this wasn't how he'd expected his day to go. Laying his head back down, Tinylegs stayed quiet as he caught his breath and tried not to vomit again.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Digitalis Purpurea (closed)   Digitalis Purpurea (closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Digitalis Purpurea (closed)
Page 1 of 1