Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Tales of Woe - WindClan's Punishment

Go down 
+12
Honey Badger
Reaper King
PandaPi
Stormy
KatzJump
Peridot
sumashira
Spooksjolly
Grizzly
rhindon
Holly
Mosspelt
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

Tales of Woe - WindClan's Punishment - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Woe - WindClan's Punishment   Tales of Woe - WindClan's Punishment - Page 3 EmptyWed 29 Apr 2020 - 12:27

Clovertwist halted at once when he heard Softpaw's grateful voice call out, turning to look and listen to the rest of her words. Poppy. Right. He knew a few places where that might be now thanks to some of his earlier conversation with the medicine cats, and so he nodded dutifully before turning and continuing on his way. Along his way he passed Eaglepaw bringing back moss with water and nodded, grateful that she was already on top of what the cats back home would need. The silver tabby paused at the stream and begrudgingly dunked his face in, knowing he had nudged Ploverpuddle awake. He swiftly washed the rest of himself before leaping out and shaking off vigorously. Then he was off to search for poppy, and with the heavy rains early in the season and the growing amount of sunshine, the blooms were thankfully flourishing. The familiar bright red splaying petals caught his eye on the edge of a hill a short distance away, and he raced towards it.

With a quick nip, Clovertwist collected two poppy heads in his teeth and turned on his sopping heels to race back towards camp. The rush of the wind in his damp fur should've come as more of a comfort than it did, but he was terrified for his Clanmates. What was happening to them? He drew back into camp as Aspenheart began to speak of an omen, and almost immediately Clovertwist drew to a halt, shooting his uncle a shocked and concerned look. "This was planned. It's not contagious." That should've been a comfort as well, but Clovertwist's stomach only knotted further as he realized why Ploverpuddle was ill, and he scampered to the elders den with the two poppy heads. It was even more crowded now, and Clovertwist squeezed in to drop the poppy heads off before stepping out again. He growled, "Righteous Few... bunch of snakes and ticks." He moved to continue his search of the fresh-kill pile.

Tales of Woe - WindClan's Punishment - Page 3 VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
WildHunt

WildHunt

Characters : Fogkit [WC] [F], Thornkit [RC] [F]
Clan/Rank : [Kit] Fogkit, [Kit] Thornkit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 114

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Woe - WindClan's Punishment   Tales of Woe - WindClan's Punishment - Page 3 EmptyWed 29 Apr 2020 - 22:01

One step at a time did the chaos strike the heart of WindClan at its already shaken core. Fogpaw had been coming from the apprentice's den strangely enough she hadn't been taught much about her apprentice duties. She'd overheard her denmates sometimes complaining or bringing up the usual nest clean ups, essentially busywork. In the she-cat's mind if anything is spoken around her it might as well be her business. Such a line of thought would lend her to put the pieces together something was not right per say. Peering out of the corner of the apprentice's den the white tabby found her gaze landing on a stream of cats heading into the elder's den.

This was no ordinary act when her gaze locked onto that of the clan's now dizzy leader. Regardless of the chaos her foggy eyes widened at shock when stepping further to behold the sickening sight. "Raventail?" She mumbled under her breath as his weak form strewn against one of the many rocks lying around camp. It wasn't odd that cats got sick but with Olivestone spitting out orders and Aspenheart tense, her view becoming warped fixating on her nauseated father.

A ginger cat had carried off Dappleshine a faint sense of relief made her pelt lighten. Such a stressful situation this all was to the young cat who bounded off to meet with the leader now being assisted. "What happened?" She asked, her formerly chipper tone now drenched in concern. Sure, Dappleshine had a slight cough - nothing the medicine cat's couldn't handle! "You can lean on me too - thanks Downpaw." To merely think their smartest cats couldn't fend off a sickness was enough to grip fear into the apprentice's heart. Spotting the other apprentice at her father's side could only stifle her worries by so much she'd take it upon herself to place herself close enough to brush pelts with him. Infection or not Starclan would pay dearly for inflicting this calamity upon them all.

Back to top Go down
rhindon

rhindon

Characters : [E]mberleap ♂ | [F]lywhisker ⚧ | [A]thena ♀
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1681

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Woe - WindClan's Punishment   Tales of Woe - WindClan's Punishment - Page 3 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 16:18

No answer. Raventail didn’t want to think about what that might mean. Fortunately, his current state meant that, for once, not thinking was the easier route. Leaning into Foxspirit with every step, Dappleshine went on ahead. Raventail wavered where he stood. With Downpaw supporting part of his weight, he wouldn’t crash halfway to the elders’ den the way he would have on his own, but a short distance had never been so daunting. Another apprentice bounded toward them, and Raventail sagged against Downpaw. Fogpaw. Though concern cast its shadows over her face, she looked no different from the night before. Again, he shook his head. He couldn’t explain what was happening to him and Dappleshine—

But Aspenheart could.

Raventail shut his eyes. Of course. Of course it was StarClan. What else could have turned so serious, so suddenly? What else would target only the cats the Righteous Few deemed traitorous? (Including Ploverpuddle, a WindClanner for all the time Raventail had known him; then again, hadn’t he mentioned something about his “history”?) Clearly, they’d seen the forest’s anger. Maybe this was the surest way to remove its so-called impurities without risking their own pelts.

Dread crawled up the small tom’s throat as he looked at his daughter. He inhaled, unable to fully stifle a pained whine as his lungs burned in protest. Then he staggered forward until, at last, he, Downpaw, and Fogpaw reached the elders’ den. Closed-in spaces had made him uneasy since he’d stopped sleeping in them regularly, but this darkness was soothing, a shield from the glaring sun and the heat it was sure to bring. Raventail stepped past the threshold and let himself fall. It was too warm for nests. Ploverpuddle wheezed from somewhere nearby; Zinnia would almost certainly join them soon. Yet again, he was powerless to do anything but trust—but, as ever, that trust came easily. His tail came to rest across Dappleshine’s back, and he drifted into a long-awaited half-consciousness, letting his uneven breaths drown out any conversation beyond the den.

Outsider Rogue I                                

disadvantaged stats active                                          
Flywhisker [40/100]
RiverClan Warrior II

Emberleap [70/160]
                               ShadowClan Warrior V

Back to top Go down
WildHunt

WildHunt

Characters : Fogkit [WC] [F], Thornkit [RC] [F]
Clan/Rank : [Kit] Fogkit, [Kit] Thornkit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 114

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Woe - WindClan's Punishment   Tales of Woe - WindClan's Punishment - Page 3 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 17:55

Fogpaw braced herself for a cough, any detested sign of ill health just like many of the other cats. The molly could still stand on her own paws without assistance much less a nauseating feeling many of her clanmates displayed. She blinked her eyes adjusting to the now cramped environment that was the elder's den. Walking beside her father had proven how blinded she'd become by how own captivating fantasy.

Thoughts like those caused her to stick close to her father even when he'd finally collapsed at the entrance. To watch Raventail who'd been fine flop like a dried worm made the rabbit now eaten earlier into lead. Cats grow old which is why they'd have a place for elders in the clan of course but not like this. She'd hunt all the rabbits on the moor just to make everything stop, even if punishment came from a divine source. Indignation at the root of their problems she couldn't help to drift back to what that one apprentice said to Downpaw. Speaking of the apprentice she turned to her from her father to the other casting a shocked look. "I shouldn't be gone for long." Oh to be young and making promises that wouldn't be fulfilled! "'S not really anyone's choice but look after him, please?" It was foolish but after prompting a demanding request she sent her father a pained look before leaving them both to suffer - she padded after the direction Morningpaw had seemingly gone in. In a heartbeat the novice apprentice had bounded of elsewhere in camp.

Back to top Go down
PandaPi

PandaPi

Capricorn Horse
Number of posts : 573

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Woe - WindClan's Punishment   Tales of Woe - WindClan's Punishment - Page 3 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 18:58

Once Eaglepaw had done all that she could to help Softpaw and Aspenheart, she padded out of camp to clear her head. After talking with her mentor, Clovertwist about this new kind of disease spread around camp even faster than greencough Eaglepaw knew that Starclan was angry with them. She had heard from the elder's and the older warrior's that Windclan had taken in many strays and many impure outsider's to join the clans and to give them a home. She shook her head at the thought of her suffering clanmates. While she could not do anything to stop Windclan or any clan really from getting sick, she would do what any good warrior would do. She would keep her head down from the Righteous Few, try to avoid them and serve her clan as long as she was not sick.

She should be alright, since she was pure clanborn, or so she was told. She didn't know who her parent's were. They had wanted to keep their identity a secret, but Eaglepaw didn't mind. The whole of Windclan where her family. She looked over the lake with a smile on her face. The clan's had survived centuries here at this late and they would survive again. What could a bunch of dead cat's do to the living besides take their leaders? When the weak leader's were gone, the strong would take their place.
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Characters : [S]tormpaw, [D]owntuft, [So]ftbreeze*, [Sh]yfawn
Clan/Rank : [S]ThunderClan runaway, [D] WindClan t5 warrior, [So]WindClan t3 Medicine cat/queen, [Sh]WindClan permaqueen
Capricorn Monkey
Number of posts : 1144

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Woe - WindClan's Punishment   Tales of Woe - WindClan's Punishment - Page 3 EmptyFri 1 May 2020 - 11:59

"I don't mean to step on your paws, Olivestone, but.." She murmured, having given the leaf-wraps to Ploverpuddle, Dappleshine, and Raventail, "If the sickness is from StarClan-- which I have no doubts it is-- then it is a waste of time to check the fresh-kill pile and the moor. I've used every herb I can think of the soothe the symptoms, and the poppy seeds should ease their pain for a while. I'd like to lead a patrol to check on the other Clans. Of course, we'd need two patrols at least, and Aspenheart should remain here- he has more experience than I do, and we need a medicine cat here. As a healer, I cannot allow the other Clans to suffer."

She hoped the deputy would see since in this, and allow her to go. "I can take two cats with me, and the other patrol can also have two cats. I'll be going to RiverClan first. They only have one medicine cat, and I can imagine Spiderquill is under quite a deal of stress. I can see to ThunderClan while I'm there. The other patrol can visit ShadowClan and SkyClan." Softpaw explained, meeting her deputy's eyes desperately.

Back to top Go down
Peridot

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Woe - WindClan's Punishment   Tales of Woe - WindClan's Punishment - Page 3 EmptyFri 1 May 2020 - 14:27

Olivestone nodded as Softpaw came up and spoke to her, talking of sending aid to the other Clans, if they were also suffering. She sat down, wrapping her tail around her paws as she responded, "I think that's a great idea. Find who you want to take, and let them know the mission. Aspenheart and I will keep things steady here."

ooc: sorry for the really short response, im really busy rn ;;

Last edited by Peridot on Fri 1 May 2020 - 15:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PandaPi

PandaPi

Capricorn Horse
Number of posts : 573

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Woe - WindClan's Punishment   Tales of Woe - WindClan's Punishment - Page 3 EmptyFri 1 May 2020 - 14:54

Eaglepaw had come back into camp determined to help with whatever she could find to help with. She looked around camp and saw that Softpaw was talking to Olivenose. "What can I help with?" she demanded none to politely, but she didn't care about hurting other cat's feelings right now when cat's were literally dying all around her and there was nothing she could do.
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9989

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Woe - WindClan's Punishment   Tales of Woe - WindClan's Punishment - Page 3 EmptySat 2 May 2020 - 18:13

Planned? Starclan hated him?

Ploverpuddle was confused.. and afraid.. Why? Why did they hate him? Why did they make him sick? "It.. it makes no sense.." He spoke weakly. Yes he was half clan but so was Clvoertwist, and the silver tom wasn't sick..

Starclan hated him.. They hated him and his clan was sick because of him.. "I'm sorry.." He said in a weak tone. "I'm so sorry." Every word felt like fire. He sat in the den not knowing what to do but to apologize, to muse over what in his life lead him to this moment, lead him to be sick, lead his clan to punishment.. "I'm so sorry... Gustpuddle... I made the wrong choice... This is my fault.."

Windclan ✦ Thunderclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Kit ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Woe - WindClan's Punishment   Tales of Woe - WindClan's Punishment - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tales of Woe - WindClan's Punishment
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3