Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

How old is your cat, really? [Grizzly's Aging System]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 2502

How old is your cat, really? [Grizzly's Aging System] Empty
PostSubject: How old is your cat, really? [Grizzly's Aging System]   How old is your cat, really? [Grizzly's Aging System] EmptySat 18 Apr 2020 - 13:43

I have an aging system for my characters, based on the system made by RainyHeart a long time ago (here). I was inspired by Rainy's, but it was tied to the old rank-up system, which made it out-of-date. The tiers being tied to age also made their lifespans a little short. I made mine based on the life stages of actual cats, and it's set up so my cats will live for about 2 real-life years before dying of old age. I have used it since July 2019, and I think it really works well for the pacing of the site. It's listed in my (slightly out of date) thread tracker and is used for all of my characters.

So, in the style of Rainy's topic from Ye Olden Days... here you go! Feel free to share how old your cats wound up being. For example, if your cat was made February 11th, 2020, they would be 16 moons old now.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p3S9Al1uIT5_Ij9Jjdh5CH7nEaFASL6Uiwgymu5Du3U/edit?usp=sharing

DISCLAIMERS: I am not the age overlord, so if you don't think the age the system gives you matches your cat, you are in no way obligated to follow it. You don't have to stick to my guidelines! Furthermore, if you're slow about apprentice requirements (see also: Grizzly) you can always just count from their warrior ceremony and start at 12 moons. That's what I do, anyway!

Aspenheart: 72 moons (6 years)
Ferretnose: 75 moons (6 years and 3 months)

Beepaw and Tanglepaw are behind on their requirements, so they fall under my "Start Counting At Their Ceremony" rule

How old is your cat, really? [Grizzly's Aging System] TpKJUN0

Rushkit | RiverClan Kit | #4b5320
Lionpaw | ThunderClan Apprentice | #cb945f

Back to top Go down
Spooksjolly

Spooksjolly

Characters : (S)Spotlake (Q) Quaildock/Daris (QT) Quietstep/Herbo Deliah (SO) SoftkitDead/inactive: Lola, Deerfrost, Hoosier, Snowmud, Nightwolf
Clan/Rank : WC tier 5 warrior, TC tier 2 warrior, SKC Tier 1 warrior
Leo Pig
Number of posts : 1411

PostSubject: Re: How old is your cat, really? [Grizzly's Aging System]   How old is your cat, really? [Grizzly's Aging System] EmptySat 18 Apr 2020 - 14:48

So Spotlake was apprenticed Oct 23 and was an apprentice until December 14th making that 52 days of being an apprentice making it 7 weeks. So Spotlake was an apprentice for 14 moons. (That warrior ceramony was really overdue) So Spotlake already by December 14 is over a year old. December 14 is at this time 126 days ago. That equals 18 moons plus 7 equals 25 moons making Spotlake two years old and 1 moon plus her 6 moon kithood so that makes 2 years and 7 moons old.

feahter

feahter

Characters : [F]eatherpaw | [S]mokespirit | [V]ixenpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] RC Apprentice | [S] SC Tier I Warrior | [V] TC Apprentice
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 857

PostSubject: Re: How old is your cat, really? [Grizzly's Aging System]   How old is your cat, really? [Grizzly's Aging System] EmptySun 26 Apr 2020 - 0:45

grizz i love this so much

are y'all ready to be entertained by feahter's horrible habit of not being able to keep up with requirements?
behold, the true ages of her eternally-preserved apprentices

featherpaw > under the basis of 6 moons + weeks since apprentice ceremony (aging 2 moons per week) 86 MOONS or 7+ YEARS

vixenpaw > under the basis of 6 moons + weeks since apprentice ceremony (aging 2 moons per week) 30 MOONS or 2.5 YEARS

smokepaw > under the basis of 6 moons + weeks since apprentice ceremony (aging 2 moons per week) 12+ MOONS or 1+ YEARS (not considering his in-character delayed ceremony, because that will 100% make him grandpa and feahter is too lazy)

*technically, they're all beyond apprentice age, and so the apprentice aging-system would age them too quickly,,, but not doing otherwise would make them 'younger' than a whole bunch of cats that were born after they were :)
aight my cats' timelines are super inaccurate anyway so i've just disregarded the whole concept of age because hahahahahaha i suck

wait
yeah

hmm

something's not right here

wonder what it could be,,,,

spoiler: it's feahter's unability to age up cäts

proud og member of the wcc leg cult

How old is your cat, really? [Grizzly's Aging System] Feather-s-Badge-Signature-20200209122543

:.:|| ic  news ||:.:

.:|| Featherpaw ⟡ RC | Smokespirit ⟡ SC | Vixenpaw ⟡ TC ||:.
|  20/80 | 35/90* | 20/80  |
.:||  #292950 | #665f35 | #b02e2e  ||:.

*disabled stat reduction; half-blind

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How old is your cat, really? [Grizzly's Aging System]   How old is your cat, really? [Grizzly's Aging System] Empty

Back to top Go down

How old is your cat, really? [Grizzly's Aging System]
Page 1 of 1