Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Whisper on the Wind (open)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Characters : Flamethrower
Clan/Rank : Rogue [T1]
Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 1215

Whisper on the Wind (open) Empty
PostSubject: Whisper on the Wind (open)   Whisper on the Wind (open) EmptyTue 14 Apr 2020 - 1:30

Swansong padded into the apprentice's den, her paws stepping delicately around the sleeping bundles in their nests, the faint light of dawn glimmering through the entrance onto the pelt she was seeking. Giving him a gentle nudge with one paw, she murmured softly, "Redpaw, wake up."

When he began to stir, she stepped back, continuing in the same soft tone, "We're going on a hunting patrol today with a couple of others." She felt a slight twinge of guilt at waking him this early, especially after that first day, and after that horrible gathering not long ago.... But hopefully this would be a good opportunity for him to show his fast-developing hunting skills, as well as have a bit of fun with some other cats, too.

Maybe it could take all their minds off the happenings of recent days.

pics of me cats:

In order from left to right
Flamethrower
Ded/Missing:
Swansong | Rift | Cleft Spyre | Sablepaw/Lirista | Minkstar | Murkpaw

Last edited by Chickenwing on Tue 14 Apr 2020 - 20:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/piiec
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Whisper on the Wind (open)   Whisper on the Wind (open) EmptyTue 14 Apr 2020 - 5:29

Redpaw blinked a few times, letting his blurry eyes adjust. “Who in StarClan’s name- ah, Swansong. Hunting... okay, even if it’s this early, I guess.” He stood up and arched his back, yawning, then brushed out of the apprentices den and into the camp. ”Who else is supposed to come with us? I don’t see anyone.” Now fully awake, the young tom searched the camp for others.
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Characters : Fuzzface, Curlyfluff, Sweetheart, Molehill
Clan/Rank : (F)WC/T5, (C)TC/T5, (S)TC/T2, (M)WC/T2
Libra Dragon
Number of posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Whisper on the Wind (open)   Whisper on the Wind (open) EmptyTue 14 Apr 2020 - 17:45

Tinylegs was quite tired of being cooped up in the elder's den, that was for sure. Every day, it was the same routine; get up, get herbs, then talk to the apprentices that were assigned to care for him. It was a quiet and calm life, even with the recent events that came with this moon's gathering, but a lonely and boring one at that.

Having been laying near the entrance of the dimly lit den, the midget elder peered across camp to notice his daughter, Swansong and an apprentice getting ready to go on a patrol. He wasn't in any shape to hunt anymore, but this could be his chance to get out of camp and spend some time with his kin, which he would always be happy to do.

"Swansong!" the little legged tom called as he pushed himself up from where he laid and began to hobble over to the pair with a smile on his muzzle. "Mind if I come along?" he mewed to the pair. He couldn't hunt, but getting out of camp would certainly be a nice change of pace.

gym rat    crazy poodle lady    mst

Whisper on the Wind (open) VHQrlk5
Whisper on the Wind (open) 1QYZaRo

Whisper on the Wind (open) Molex311
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Whisper on the Wind (open)   Whisper on the Wind (open) EmptyWed 15 Apr 2020 - 10:26

"Alright, alright, alright. It's hunting patrol time." Wrenpaw didn't need to be wrestled from his nest, in fact he was up the moment patrols were to be assigned. His pelt had already been groomed down. Already he felt so far separated from the kit he had been back in the nursery. The gray and white tom glanced back over his shoulder, smiling in the direction where his mother still helped to care for the younger kits. Thankfully he was out of there. It was time to feel the sun on his face and soar through the trees. On the way back, the new apprentice was determined to be carrying several pieces of prey. Nevermind the fact that he had yet to learn how to hunt; he and Amberwing hadn't gotten much training in yet over the course of the few short sunrises he'd had a warrior name.

When he noticed Swansong and Redpaw head for the center of the clearing, he padded over quickly and greeted the pair with a warm welcoming, "Morning! Dawn is the best time to be up. The queens would never let me out that early." He'd never interacted with the warrior before, but knew Redpaw from kithood. The familiarity was reassuring. Another cat, one that looked older than the dawn of the forest itself, and asked to join the patrol. Wrenpaw blinked as the elder spoke, mildly surprised by the sound. If the stars above weren't begging for this cat's presence among them, he would be even more surprised, "Hey, who are you? I'm Wrenpaw." He wasn't sure he'd seen this cat at his ceremony, so it was only proper to introduce himself.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Whisper on the Wind (open)   Whisper on the Wind (open) EmptyWed 15 Apr 2020 - 10:57

Redpaw stretched out, ignoring Tinylegs. After all, the elder had addressed Swansong, not him. He shifted back into a sitting position as he noticed Wrenpaw joining him. “Hey, Wren. I haven’t seen you around lately.”

He bumped his friend in the shoulder as a sign of affection and glanced at Swansong. “We’ve got enough cats now, right?” I really want to hunt. I can show off my skills to Wrenpaw and Tinylegs. Of course, that’s probably going to backfire and I’ll faceplant in a bush or something.
Back to top Go down
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Whisper on the Wind (open)   Whisper on the Wind (open) EmptyThu 16 Apr 2020 - 1:42

Swansong's ears pricked as a familiar voice called her name from the right, and a smile spread over her face in greeting, her tail rising. "Father!" At his question, she shook her head lightly. "Of course not! it would be wonderful to have you along."

She glanced to the side as another apprentice approached them, his cheerful tones greeting them both. "Wrenpaw," She purred, dipping her head. She hadn't had a chance to interact with him, yet, but she'd seen - and heard - him around camp. As well as his apprentice ceremony. At his question, she glanced back at Tinylegs as he waddled up. "He's Tinylegs, former leader of SkyClan." She tilted her head slightly, casting a curious look at the grey and white apprentice. "You haven't done elder duties, yet?"

Her attention switched back to her apprentice as he asked whether they were going, and she quickly glanced around the camp before giving a nod. "Yes, we should have enough cats for a good hunting patrol." Smiling at her father again, she teased gently, "We'll try not to leave you behind, Father."

pics of me cats:

Flamethrower
Ded/Missing:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Whisper on the Wind (open)   Whisper on the Wind (open) EmptyThu 16 Apr 2020 - 4:40

Redpaw’s ears lifted at Swansong’s response. He glanced back at Wrenpaw and called, “Try to catch up!” Redpaw enjoyed the cool morning air brushing through his pelt as he sped through the forest. It helped him build up energy after waking up so early. He stopped to catch his breath, tasting the air. To his surprise, even after he’d damaged through the forest, there was still prey.

Redpaw found a blackbird not by scent, but by sight. It was right in front of him, rooting for food at the edge of a tree trunk. The prey must like beautiful days like this as well. Redpaw dropped into a crouch and crept up on the bird, placing each paw delicately.

It wasn’t his fault that he missed- the bird happened to glance up as he approached. Redpaw grunted in frustration and leapt, but he was too slow. His claw snagged the bird’s wing, but it got free and flew off. Redpaw spat in annoyance and tried to find more prey.

Last edited by SalTea on Thu 16 Apr 2020 - 4:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15092

PostSubject: Re: Whisper on the Wind (open)   Whisper on the Wind (open) EmptyThu 16 Apr 2020 - 4:40

The member 'SalTea' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 9

Whisper on the Wind (open) Mistpe10
Whisper on the Wind (open) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Ice

Ice

Characters : Fuzzface, Curlyfluff, Sweetheart, Molehill
Clan/Rank : (F)WC/T5, (C)TC/T5, (S)TC/T2, (M)WC/T2
Libra Dragon
Number of posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Whisper on the Wind (open)   Whisper on the Wind (open) EmptyThu 16 Apr 2020 - 23:20

Glad that his daughter accepted his request, Tinylegs dipped his head in thanks. Finally, they would be able to spend some time together; it'd been far too long. Before the little legged tom was able to say anything, another apprentice arrived. He'd seen the younger tom around from time to time, but had never really had a conversation with him and the fact that he didn't know him, or at least remember him must've meant that he was a younger apprentice, which was understandable. There were definitely far more important names in the clan to remember than his. "Swansong said it; I was Tinystar, leader of SkyClan not long ago," he mewed with a smile to Wrenpaw, though he wished it were something to be more proud of.

Turning back to Swansong, he couldn't help but chuckle. "I may be old, but I'm not that old," he purred. Letting the others lead the way, the stumpy legged elder trotted along after the patrol. He kept a steady pace, watching as Swangsong chatted among the apprentices and soon, Redpaw ran off to begin the hunt. If only he had energy like that still left in him... They hadn't made it very far since leaving camp, but Tinylegs soon realized maybe he wasn't as cut out to accompany a patrol as he thought he was.

Beginning to lag behind the others, the elder's steps began to slow and his breathes grew hoarse as if he had just sprinted to Highstones and back. Great StarClan... since when had walking become such a chore? His joints ached and his head hurt... was he really that old? Or maybe, hopefully, he just had some leftover sickness in him from Leafbare and that was what was dragging him down...

Slowing to a stop, the tiny elder couldn't keep pushing onward. "I'll... catch... up..." he huffed through raspy breaths, still keeping a smile on his muzzle as he looked to the patrol who were now a few foxlengths ahead. "I... just need a... quick break..."

OOC: pls enjoy this exquisite piece done by the lovely chickenwing, inspired from this here post

gym rat    crazy poodle lady    mst

Whisper on the Wind (open) VHQrlk5
Whisper on the Wind (open) 1QYZaRo

Whisper on the Wind (open) Molex311

Last edited by Ice on Tue 21 Apr 2020 - 21:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Whisper on the Wind (open)   Whisper on the Wind (open) EmptyFri 17 Apr 2020 - 14:01

Wrenpaw beamed as his fellow apprentice butted his shoulder. He was more than ready to learn the basics of hunting alongside his clanmates, and one he knew, nonetheless. It was looking like the perfect morning for his first hunt. He'd asked who the elder cat was, and his answer caused his ears to fall for a brief moment. This was the previous leader? The young tom had remembered stories of the little leader who had lead Skyclan. Tinylegs stood as tall as an apprentice, as he had been told. Wrenpaw wanted to swipe his paw over his face at the realization. Even with age wrought across every feature, there was not exactly many cats with stunted legs.

As Swansong asked about elder duties, he offered her a rather sheepish expression, "I've only been an apprentice for two sunsets and haven't had much time to do much of anything. Amberwing had me help clear the nursery bedding and bring the queens prey. I'm sure I'll be helping the elders soon enough. It'd be an honor." Looking towards Tinylegs, he dipped his head, nearly lowering it to the ground. He wasn't sure whether or not that was more respectful, given the other tom's size. But this was a former leader. Regardless of what actions he'd taken in the past, several questionable if he remember the tales right, this was still a cat who had dedicated his life to Skyclan. And was still somehow alive to tell the stories.

Before he could say anything else to the old cat, Redpaw was calling him forward. A challenge was presented. His lagging was holding up the patrol. The older apprentice had gained the lead and Wrenpaw was determined to catch up. He set off, straining his naturally powerful hindlegs to propel himself forward. As Redpaw began the pursuit of a blackbird, he stopped to drink in the actions. Each motion was calculated and the russet apprentice's eyes were trained on his prey. Unfortunately, the spring was too slow. Although his denmate was cross, Wrenpaw offered up a supportive call at the miss, "You almost had it, Redpaw! That was great! I've never been hunting before. Amberwing hasn't taken me yet. So, I'm learning from you."

Setting his own sights in search of something, his gaze darted up to the treetops. The urge to climb was overwhelming. But he knew inexperience would not serve him well. Before he could venture much far in the idea of climbing, a mouse scurried past his paws, clearly already delusional with fright at the presence of cats. Instinct kicked in, and Wrenpaw was after it before the second was done. His paws happened to crash down on the creature, due to the impressive leap that carried him after it. Without prior experience, the bicolored tom merely squished it underneath his paws and claws. A swift, life ending bite was nowhere to be found. Regardless, the little creature soon went limp, "I got something!"

Wrenpaw attempted to catch a mouse, using -3 stamina. It was successful!

Wrenpaw
HP: 20/20
SP: 77/80

Last edited by Ripped on Fri 17 Apr 2020 - 14:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Whisper on the Wind (open)   Whisper on the Wind (open) EmptyFri 17 Apr 2020 - 14:01

The member 'Ripped' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5

Back to top Go down
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Whisper on the Wind (open)   Whisper on the Wind (open) EmptyFri 17 Apr 2020 - 19:57

(ooc: Hey SalTea, don't forget about the SP reduction! And we're in the Moonlit Creek, which adds +2 to the hunting list, making rodents 1-7, birds 1-10, squirrels 1-10, etc. so you have more of a chance of catching things)

Swansong nodded at Wrenpaw's words, hiding a smile when he dipped his head nearly to the ground in front of the elder as they padded out the entrance. "It sounds like you're kept busy," She purred. "Helping the elders is a nice chance to slow down, and perhaps hear some stories."

She smiled as Redpaw leaped ahead, her own paws keeping to a soft padding gait. Springy pine needles and the burble of the nearby creek kept the noise of her own movements to a whisper, and she glanced behind at Tinylegs' purr with a good-natured twitch of her tail. Of course he would be, but he was getting older. No other cat in SkyClan had lived as long as he had, after all.

Making a note to keep an eye on him as they went further into the forest, grey light starting to give way to speckles of sunlight, she turned her attention to her apprentice just in time to see his attempt to catch a blackbird. He was certainly much better at stalking than the first time she'd taken him out, his technique improving almost faster than she could teach him. Wrenpaw's encouraging call reflected her own thoughts, and she purred in agreement, "It certainly was!"

As her apprentice went in search of more prey, the others also focused on hunting - or well, she assumed they were. Tinylegs had fallen a bit behind, and she cast him a concerned glance at his gasped words before a call from Wrenpaw caught her attention, the apprentice's paws on top of a brown form that might have been a mouse. "Well done, Wrenpaw! For someone who's never hunted before, that's quite a good catch," She offered diplomatically, casting one final look at Tinylegs before deciding that if he said he'd be fine, he probably would be. And the catch was... even if he'd simply flattened it. It meant he had good reflexes, and a good pounce, at least. "But giving it a killing bite means its less bruised when you eat it. I... suppose Amberwing hasn't shown you how yet, but...." She thought for a moment, opening her mouth to scent the air. Giving him a little boost to help him when his mentor did show him couldn't hurt.

She caught the scent of squirrel before her eyes caught the flicker of movement from its bushy tail over near a root by the glimmer of the creek. Glancing back at him, she offered, "I can show you how I do it, if you want to try practicing."

Falling into a crouch, she moved forwards, keeping her eyes on its twitchy form and carefully keeping out of its line of sight as best she could. Her pale pelt would give her away if she let it catch even a glimpse.... She settled her haunches, and sprang, claws outstretched to catch its pelt before dipping her head forward and neatly slipping her teeth in its neck.

With a smile, she sat back up, the squirrel dangling from her jaws.

Swansong attempted to catch a squirrel, using -3 SP. Hunt was successful!

Swansong:
40/40
117/120 (-3)

pics of me cats:

Flamethrower
Ded/Missing:

Last edited by Chickenwing on Fri 17 Apr 2020 - 20:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Whisper on the Wind (open)   Whisper on the Wind (open) EmptyFri 17 Apr 2020 - 19:57

The member 'Chickenwing' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 9

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Whisper on the Wind (open)   Whisper on the Wind (open) EmptySat 18 Apr 2020 - 6:37

OOC: So Redpaw would have caught it? Sorry, wasn’t sure how that worked. And yeah I did forget about stamina reduction but I’ll add that this time.

Redpaw nodded thanks to Wrenpaw and watched as he caught a mouse, stifling feelings of envy. Just like training. You always seem to catch prey when you don’t have the right technique, and miss it when you do. He allowed himself a small sigh.

Redpaw watched Swansong demonstrate her technique, and she caught the squirrel she’d been after. Redpaw was now determined to show that he could hunt. He scented the air and picked up a rabbit. His eyes fell on it, and he smiled. If he could catch it, it’d provide a good meal. That was one fat rabbit.

Redpaw crouched and began to glide across the forest floor, making sure he was downwind of his prey. The rabbit’s squeak of alarm was cut off as he killed it with a single killing bite. He trotted to the others, the fat creature dangling from his mouth.

Last edited by SalTea on Sat 18 Apr 2020 - 6:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Whisper on the Wind (open)   Whisper on the Wind (open) EmptySat 18 Apr 2020 - 6:37

The member 'SalTea' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whisper on the Wind (open)   Whisper on the Wind (open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Whisper on the Wind (open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next