Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Redkit's Apprentice Ceremony

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1837

Redkit's Apprentice Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Redkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Redkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyMon 6 Apr 2020 - 20:54

A morning of light rain had led the way into a damp, humid sunhigh. The camp was untainted by the cruel, bitter cold that had plagued the forest cats during Leafbare, but a chilly wind still cut through Wolfcall as he leaped on to the Highbranch, claws gripping the cool bark. Another apprentice ceremony! Certainly a day to be celebrated, but in the back of his mind, the deputy couldn't help but feel a twinge of sadness. He'd thought that Otterkit would have been the next to earn his apprentice name, but the sickness that claimed the bright, eager tom had been swift and merciless.

Swallowing a sigh, Wolfcall shook his head, clearing the plaguing melancholy and letting his amber-gold gaze sweep the clearing. "Let all cats old enough to climb trees gather beneath the Tallbranch for a clan meeting!" he yowled.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Redkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Redkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyTue 7 Apr 2020 - 5:58

Redkit puffed his chest up, glancing over himself one more time to make sure he looked immaculate. He puffed out his long fur against the wind, glancing at the sky. It might not have been leafbare anymore but it was still cold. He walked towards Wolfcall and wondered who his mentor would be.
Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1837

PostSubject: Re: Redkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Redkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyTue 7 Apr 2020 - 10:02

The deputy's eyes followed the tom kit, warm and welcoming, as he approached the Tallbranch. There was no doubt in him that Redkit would be a fantastic apprentice, bold and adventurous and loyal. He'd taken the time to think about who to give him as a mentor, and after much deliberation, believed he had decided on the perfect cat - one who, in his eyes, could definitely use an apprentice to keep them on their toes.

"Redkit," he called, dipping his head in greeting. "You have reached the age of six moons, and as such, it is time for you to become an apprentice. From this day forward, until you earn your warrior name, you will be known as Redpaw." He paused, his eyes seeking the new apprentice's mentor in the crowd, and settling on the silver tabby form. "Your mentor will be Swansong."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Redkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Redkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyTue 7 Apr 2020 - 11:27

Redpaw's green eyes flipped around to land on the silver she-cat. He trotted up to her slowly and stretched his nose out to tap noses. I hope she'll accept me. I'll do my best. A bit nervously, he coughed out, "I'll do my best." He cleared his throat.
Back to top Go down
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Characters : Flamethrower
Clan/Rank : Rogue [T1]
Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 1212

PostSubject: Re: Redkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Redkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyTue 7 Apr 2020 - 18:54

Swansong padded out into the bright newleaf light, her ears pricked as she looked up towards Wolfcall, the familiar tabby's frame blending with the brown of the branch. So much has changed in such a short time, She mused to herself, remembering the days when first Mistyrain, and then Foxfire had called the meetings. Now it was Wolfcall. But I think we're all getting used to the changes. It was strange how something could become normal so quickly, just like her name. Sometimes she still found herself wondering over it, but some differences, like this one, she would never want to change.

And now there's another coming. A thrill of nervousness vibrated in her whiskers as she watched Wolfcall open his mouth, shifting her haunches slightly and glancing at the young tom she would be assigned to mentor. I've never done this before, but they wouldn't have chosen me if they didn't think I could do it. She took in a breath, trying to still her heart as Wolfcall called the age-old words of the ritual, and stood when her name was called, dipping her head.

But despite the nervousness, a smile still broke over her maw as she faced the newly-named apprentice, gently reaching forward to tap her nose against. His own eyes held a small bit of nervousness, despite his earlier bravado, and she felt a pang of empathy as she remembered her own. She'd been much more anxious than him, but despite that, she'd still become a warrior. Yes, I will be able to do this. I can.

"I will do my best, too," she mewed, stepping back and pricking her ears as the cheers of his new name rose around them.  "I'm sure you'll become a wonderful warrior." She gave a  friendly blink and glanced over as his family approached, adding, "I look forward to showing you around the territory once the ceremony is over."

pics of me cats:

In order from left to right
Flamethrower
Ded/Missing:
Swansong | Rift | Cleft Spyre | Sablepaw/Lirista | Minkstar | Murkpaw
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/piiec
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Redkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Redkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyWed 8 Apr 2020 - 5:20

Redpaw nodded to her happily. “That sounds great.” His voice didn’t quite betray the emotion he felt. He hoped Swansong would still know he was eager. He was. He was just never good at showing it. If I do my best on this, we can learn fighting moves quicker. I really want to...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Redkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Redkit's Apprentice Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Redkit's Apprentice Ceremony
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Camp :: Tallbranch :: SkyClan Ceremonies :: Apprentice Ceremonies-
Jump to: