Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Cherrypaw’s warrior ceremony

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Characters : Kestrelkit (SkC) | Marshkit (SC)
Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 2452

Cherrypaw’s warrior ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Cherrypaw’s warrior ceremony   Cherrypaw’s warrior ceremony EmptyMon 23 Mar 2020 - 16:18

Green dotted the snowy landscape around the Thunderclan camp. Icicles dropped sedately around the cats who sat in warm dens, or lay in the clearing to take in some of the new leaf sun. The hardest season was now passed, and signs of new life rose in the forest like a soothing balm over aching hearts and weary minds.

It was the season of rebirth and new life. Oakstar, couldn’t have been more grateful for it. After the gathering of chaos, he wanted nothing more than to have a quiet time with his clan. To revel in a time of great peace, and there was no better way to start it. He leapt atop the high rock of the camp. Muzzle in a smile, amber eyes shone with a delight that signalled a great change.

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath Highrock for a clan meeting!" He yowled, his gaze fell onto the many cats as they roused and moved from their positions. He settled on a particular sandy and pale pelt. Cherrypaw. Today was the last day she’d spend as an apprentice. Tonight, she would sit vigil.

Peridot

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Cherrypaw’s warrior ceremony   Cherrypaw’s warrior ceremony EmptyMon 23 Mar 2020 - 16:24

Having returned from her moonstone journey a few days prior, Cherrypaw knew to expect her warrior ceremony soon. That day, after returning from a hunt, she basked in the steadily warming sunlight, glad that the cold claws of leafbare were relaxing their grip on the forest and allowing warmth and new growth.

When Oakstar jumped onto the Highrock and called a meeting, she hopped to her feet and trotted over to where her Clanmates were gathering.
This must be my warrior ceremony!
Back to top Go down
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Aquarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Cherrypaw’s warrior ceremony   Cherrypaw’s warrior ceremony EmptyMon 23 Mar 2020 - 19:00

"Cherrypaw, step forward." Oakstar called once the gathering cats had settled down. He looked for Harefoot and Dacedream with pride before his gaze fell to the apprentice who stood before him. Not long ago, she had been a small kit who tumbled out of the nursery after her siblings. Now, she was a strong role model.

"I, Oakstar, leader of ThunderClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend them to you as a warrior in their turn. Cherrypaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" He asked, though he already knew the what the answer would be. He had little doubt, and all faith in her.

sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

PostSubject: Re: Cherrypaw’s warrior ceremony   Cherrypaw’s warrior ceremony EmptyMon 23 Mar 2020 - 20:37

Dacedream had gasped when Oakstar's voice rang out, and immediately the queen had gone scampering to seek out her daughter and then seat herself before him as the Clan gathered. She knew - or at least had a strong suspicion - of what was to come, and only StarClan itself could have kept her away from the first of her and Houndheart's kits' ceremonies. Dacedream's eyes shone with pride and encouragement as Cherrypaw was called forward, and she nodded vigorously to her daughter before the tabby took her place. It's her turn to shine... I'm so happy for her! the she-cat thought, watching for Cherrypaw to take the vow of a warrior.

Cherrypaw’s warrior ceremony VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Peridot

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Cherrypaw’s warrior ceremony   Cherrypaw’s warrior ceremony EmptyMon 23 Mar 2020 - 22:56

Cherrypaw felt a glow of pride as Oakstar confirmed her thought and called her forward. She rose to her paws and padded to the front, standing under the Highrock as he asked her to take her vow. She didn't hesitate for a moment before responding.
"I do."
Back to top Go down
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Aquarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Cherrypaw’s warrior ceremony   Cherrypaw’s warrior ceremony EmptyTue 24 Mar 2020 - 1:50

Oakstar’s smile widened as Cherrypaw stepped forward and spoke loudly and clearly. Where there was no doubt she would be a strong and steady warrior. He’d known it from the day Harefoot had told him about the Raccoon attack… and now he could see it.

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Cherrypaw, from this moment on you will be known as Cherryblossom. StarClan honors the kindness you possess and the strength you have shown. We welcome you as a full warrior of ThunderClan." He declared, his head lifted towards the sky as he chanted the name with their clanmates. "Cherryblossom, Cherryblossom!" His amber eyes looked towards the sky. For any hint of dark cloud that might dare to threaten this good day.

None showed. The sky remained clear, and the voices rang through the clearing for all to hear.

sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

PostSubject: Re: Cherrypaw’s warrior ceremony   Cherrypaw’s warrior ceremony EmptyFri 27 Mar 2020 - 9:58

Despite having expected nothing less, Dacedream felt a wave of relief go over her as Cherrypaw dutifully took the vow. Her daughter had always been a hardworking, noble she-cat. She was mature beyond her moons - more mature than Dacedream believed she herself would ever be - and deserved this. Secretly she hoped that StarClan would accept her and that whatever anger they sent forth would spare the pretty big-pawed tabby. Oakstar's voice brought Dacedream back from her thoughts; the tortoiseshell looked up with eager eyes as their leader renamed the she-cat as Cherryblossom. Dacedream immediately burst into one of her characteristic thundering purrs.

Once Oakstar leaped down to greet her, Dacedream raised her head to let out a proud yowl. "Cherryblossom! Cherryblossom! Cherryblossom!" When some of the yowling had died, Dacedream strode forward to press her head against Cherryblossom's with fervent affection. "I'm so proud of you, my brave warrior!" Dacedream praised, licking Cherryblossom's face lovingly before stepping back to give her space. The warrior's eyes were shining with tears of joy. "I love you, kitten. I'm so excited to be a warrior with you - I've missed sharing a den since the nursery!" Dacedream laughed and shouldered her daughter good-naturedly. It was only half a joke.

Cherrypaw’s warrior ceremony VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cherrypaw’s warrior ceremony   Cherrypaw’s warrior ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Cherrypaw’s warrior ceremony
Page 1 of 1