Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

fulfilling promises (closed)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Emberglow

Emberglow

Characters : Morningdove (Md) | Firekit (Ff)
Clan/Rank : (Md) WC T1 Warrior | (Ff) SkC Apprentice
Number of posts : 250

fulfilling promises (closed) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: fulfilling promises (closed)   fulfilling promises (closed) - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2020 - 1:08

The horrible goose honked once more, enraged, its beak bloodied and one of its eyes swollen and red as it assessed the situation- and then took evasive measures, slamming its wings wildly in Olivestone's direction, one after the other, each harder to dodge than the last, the primal fury of the goose carrying the blows with strength and rage and--

"Look out!"
--Morningkit yowled in warning, watching her friend be driven back by the blows, one of them sure to land sooner or later- the warrior had told her to hide, but what if that wasn't enough? What if the goose landed a killing blow, just like Olivine had on the rabbit just a few minutes ago? What if- no, a true warrior would have to do something, and Morningkit was nothing if not a true warrior (in heart, if not in name!). She leaped forwards, aiming for the goose's neck to try and throw it off-balance--

The horrible goose used Wing Bluff on Olivine, doing -10 HP damage for -20 SP cost! The goose was unable to dodge the next attack!
Morningkit used Front Paw Blow on the horrible goose, doing -2 HP damage for -5 SP cost!

--and, just for a moment, succeeded in knocking the goose's neck aside! It hissed, turning to the new 'threat'- or, more accurately, easy prey- and spreading its wings in preparation to attack the kit. Uh-oh.

Horrible Goose
21 / 40 HP
110 / 130 SP

Olivestone
30 / 40 HP
105 / 120 SP

Morningkit (is determined!)
5 / 5 HP
5 / 15 SP

Last edited by mistyLuminescence on Tue 17 Mar 2020 - 1:10; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15078

PostSubject: Re: fulfilling promises (closed)   fulfilling promises (closed) - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2020 - 1:08

The member 'mistyLuminescence' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Peridot

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: fulfilling promises (closed)   fulfilling promises (closed) - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2020 - 1:19

Olivestone let out a grunt as the goose slapped her with its wing, and she smiled for a second as Morningkit launched an attack of her own.

When the goose turned its attention to the kit, she growled and dove between it and Morningkit.
"Oh, I don't think so, you over-sized chicken."

She reared up once more and brought her claws down in another slice.

Olivestone used Rear-Up to Slash, dealing 9 damage, and costing 10 stamina, as she's actively protecting a kit.

Horrible Goose
12 / 40 HP (-9)
110 / 130 SP

Olivestone
30 / 40 HP
95 / 120 SP (-10)

Morningkit
5 / 5 HP
5 / 15 SP
Back to top Go down
Emberglow

Emberglow

PostSubject: Re: fulfilling promises (closed)   fulfilling promises (closed) - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2020 - 1:28

Morningkit moved up beside Olivestone, giving her a thankful nod as she slammed another paw down onto the goose-- the bird hissed in agony, blood freely running from its battered face as it turned to escape, its bloodstained wings beating hard to clear some space around it to flee! It paused for just a moment, looked between the two, and something within the goose's tiny brain clicked- it was hungry, and hurt, and these cats were really annoying it. And its delicious rabbit had fled earlier, so it needed a new meal--

Morningkit paused, turning to Olivestone and mewing, "What's a chi--"

--and the goose's beak clamped down around her, the world itself seeming to spin for the kit as she cried out for help, all her boundless energy knocked out of her by the force of the blow as Morningkit realised something she hadn't quite had the opportunity to realise yet- ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES!

Morningkit used Front Paw Blow on the horrible goose, doing -2 HP damage for -5 SP cost! Morningkit is out of SP and is unable to fight!
The horrible goose picked up Morningkit and turned to flee!

Horrible Goose
10 / 40 HP (-2)
110 / 130 SP

Olivestone
30 / 40 HP
95 / 120 SP

Morningkit
5 / 5 HP
0 / 15 SP

fulfilling promises (closed) - Page 2 JtTCx0V
character profiles / art by Peridot
Morningdove
||Firepaw
WindClan T1 Warrior
||SkyClan Apprentice
15 HP / 50 SP (d)
||20 HP / 80 SP
palevioletred
||darkgoldenrod

Back to top Go down
Peridot

PostSubject: Re: fulfilling promises (closed)   fulfilling promises (closed) - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2020 - 1:39

When Olivestone saw that the goose had grabbed Morningkit, she spat with the most hatred that her kind soul could muster, "I'm going to line my nest with your feathers!"

She leaped toward the goose and onto its back, pinning it down and preventing it from escaping.

Olivestone used Leap-and-Hold, dealing 8 damage and costing 5 stamina, as she's actively protecting a kit. The goose is stunned for two turns.

Horrible Goose
2 / 40 HP (-8)
110 / 130 SP

Olivestone
30 / 40 HP
90 / 120 SP

Morningkit
5 / 5 HP
0 / 15 SP

Last edited by Peridot on Tue 17 Mar 2020 - 1:41; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15078

PostSubject: Re: fulfilling promises (closed)   fulfilling promises (closed) - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2020 - 1:39

The member 'Peridot' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 6

fulfilling promises (closed) - Page 2 Mistpe10
fulfilling promises (closed) - Page 2 Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Emberglow

Emberglow

PostSubject: Re: fulfilling promises (closed)   fulfilling promises (closed) - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2020 - 1:48

As the goose toppled to the floor, Morningkit sprung free from its beak with a yowl, dashing back behind Olivestone and staying far, far away from the horrible beast- she'd almost died! It was all going so well until it started fighting back, and then it hit Olivestone and she jumped in and it picked her up and she almost died and I almost died because I didn't stay back..., she thought to herself, breathing deeply.

The goose wasn't in any position to fight back, of course, though not for a lack of effort- its wings whipped around, its neck searching for any sign of safety- but for the noble, horrible creature, it was too late. For just a moment, it stared straight ahead, looking into the kit's terrified eyes.. and for just a moment, Morningkit knew what it felt like to be both predator and prey simultaneously.

Horrible Goose is stunned!
2 / 40 HP
110 / 130 SP

Olivestone
30 / 40 HP
90 / 120 SP

Morningkit
5 / 5 HP
0 / 15 SP

Morningdove
||Firepaw
WindClan T1 Warrior
||SkyClan Apprentice
15 HP / 50 SP (d)
||20 HP / 80 SP
palevioletred
||darkgoldenrod

Back to top Go down
Peridot

PostSubject: Re: fulfilling promises (closed)   fulfilling promises (closed) - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2020 - 2:02

Olivestone dug her claws into the goose's back and held on tight. When the goose stopped moving for a moment, she reached up and put both of her front paws on the back of the goose's neck, and forced its head to the ground with all of her weight. She then quickly sliced through the back of the goose's neck with her claws, and the bird stopped struggling underneath her.

She stepped off of the dead bird and turned back to Morningkit, relief glowing in her eyes.
"Are you okay? This is why we follow a warrior's orders."

She looked back at the goose.
"This thing will feed the entire Clan, and we can use the feathers to line nests with, too."

Olivestone is still dealing damage from Leap-and-Hold! She dealt 8 damage, and killed the goose.

Horrible Goose
-6 / 40 HP (-8)
110 / 130 SP

Olivestone
30 / 40 HP
90 / 120 SP

Morningkit
5 / 5 HP
0 / 15 SP
Back to top Go down
Emberglow

Emberglow

PostSubject: Re: fulfilling promises (closed)   fulfilling promises (closed) - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2020 - 2:08

Judging by the way Morningkit looks down at the ground, still quaking a little as she murmurs an apology, it seemed the kit had more than learned her lesson- and possibly been given nightmares for a few moons, but you can't make an omelette without cracking a few skulls, right?

"I-I'm sorry," she whimpered, looking over at the dead predator in fear-slash-curiosity-slash-awe, "I saw it coming for you, and- and I thought I had to do something, and... it almost killed me..."

Thinking back to the night before, and her unrestrained enthusiasm for hunting predators, the kit mutters, before glancing up to Olivestone, "That was a lot more intense than I ever imagined it'd be... are you okay? And, uh- how do we get it back?"

Morningdove
||Firepaw
WindClan T1 Warrior
||SkyClan Apprentice
15 HP / 50 SP (d)
||20 HP / 80 SP
palevioletred
||darkgoldenrod

Back to top Go down
Peridot

PostSubject: Re: fulfilling promises (closed)   fulfilling promises (closed) - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2020 - 2:16

Olivestone smiled at Morningkit.
"It's okay, I'm not mad, I was just scared for you. I can take a few hits, so don't worry about me. In time, you'll be as strong as I am now, and with more, you'll get even stronger than that. It just takes time. Patience was a hard lesson to learn, but it was a valuable one."

"Now, as for getting the goose home, I'll just drag it. Can you carry the rabbit I caught earlier?"

She turned back to the goose and picked its head up in her mouth, and started to pull it alongside her to where she'd left her catch from earlier.
Back to top Go down
Emberglow

Emberglow

PostSubject: Re: fulfilling promises (closed)   fulfilling promises (closed) - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2020 - 2:24

Even stronger than-- she just knocked down a goose and tore out its throat! The kit simply gave a dumbfounded nod at the warrior's words, pushing back her feelings of immense regret and overwhelming panic to return the smile with her own. She followed Olivestone back to the rabbit from earlier, the creature's still-warm blood soaking the grass.

It was a big rabbit, easily Morningkit's equal- and she was a small kit, exhausted and bruised from the fight. But after the goose incident- well, what was a little more effort? She gave a firm nod, replying "I can try!" with her usual optimism, and began to drag the rabbit back to the WindClan camp, following Olivestone closely and making a silent resolution to herself- to talk to Finchstar, explain what had happened... and ask to become an apprentice. She had the perfect mentor in mind, too.

Morningdove
||Firepaw
WindClan T1 Warrior
||SkyClan Apprentice
15 HP / 50 SP (d)
||20 HP / 80 SP
palevioletred
||darkgoldenrod

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fulfilling promises (closed)   fulfilling promises (closed) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

fulfilling promises (closed)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Territory-
Jump to: