Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

It Hurts Too Much; And I'm Alone (tagged)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

It Hurts Too Much; And I'm Alone (tagged) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Hurts Too Much; And I'm Alone (tagged)   It Hurts Too Much; And I'm Alone (tagged) - Page 2 EmptySun 23 Feb 2020 - 8:27

Though he had no way of knowing for sure whether the description he gave would interest Mink at all, Clovertwist suspected that, at the very least, he hadn't completely tarnished the image of the Clans to the young tom. If anything, Clovertwist hoped he saw a spark of curiosity in the young tom's eyes. As the silver tabby dismissed himself to leave, he was certain that there had been a flicker of disappointment in Mink's pale eyes before he agreed that Clovertwist should probably go back to his family, since they were waiting. Clovertwist had just bent down to pick up the mouse again when Mink's voice rang out again. He paused, and then he lifted his head immediately, grinning.

"I think that sounds great, Mink," Clovertwist stated sincerely, purring. slightly. The warrior stood, his kinked tail waving slightly behind him. "I hope you have good hunting and warm shelter when you sleep," he stated sincerely, smiling. "I'll see you around, then." He bent his dark-striped head to pick up the mouse and nodded politely to Mink before stepping around to exit the barn. He spotted his hare and paused to think before awkwardly bending to pick that up as well. Wherever that scrawny bird was, perhaps Mink or some other hungry cat would find it; Clovertwist had his mouth full already. His legs awkwardly straddling the rabbit, the WindClan warrior began to make his way home.

timeskip ;; takes place after Barleytuft's death

The silver tabby warrior stumbled in the snow, his paws tangled up in his thoughts, and when recovered and looked up he realized that the abandoned barn loomed before him several fox-lengths. He hadn't really meant for his paws to come this way... or maybe he did. Clovertwist knew that Mink had been staying at the barn, and perhaps he had sought the company of the little tom who knew no family of his own... but he also knew the tom-kit didn't want to be a Clan cat, and it was perfectly possible he had already moved on. It had been a bit longer than Clovertwist had intended to wait, but when his father's health quickly declined...

Clovertwist shook snow from his ears and gritted his teeth into the speckled bird he had caught earlier in his hunt. The Clan may be sick and grieving, but they still needed to eat. They needed to carry on. They needed to... to take care of each other. Perhaps that was why Clovertwist ended up in the barn. He pushed his way inside, senses immediately muted by the musty stillness of the barn. Through the windows, leaf-bare sunlight filtered through streams of dust. It could have been greenleaf in here for all the silver tabby tom knew. He sat his bird down and looked around, eyes adjusting to the different light. He searched for a scraggly brown pelt. "Mink?" Clovertwist called, and he felt a sob try to creep out. He sucked in a breath and cleared his throat, gritting his teeth again.

It Hurts Too Much; And I'm Alone (tagged) - Page 2 VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Blink

Blink

Characters : Crowpaw (SC) - Minkpaw (WC) - Silverkit (TC))
Clan/Rank : Apprentice-(Shadowclan), Apprentice-(Windclan), Kit-(Thunderclan)
Sagittarius Buffalo
Number of posts : 98

PostSubject: Re: It Hurts Too Much; And I'm Alone (tagged)   It Hurts Too Much; And I'm Alone (tagged) - Page 2 EmptySun 23 Feb 2020 - 16:25

It had been awhile since Mink watched the older tom walk away after a hearty fell well and good wishes his way. Mink had kept to his promise and stayed at the barn a few days; teaching himself how to hunt and enjoying the shelter the barn created. It was truly abandoned and he was lucky to not have had any sort of run in thus far. But, he knew he couldn't make a home in someone else's territory for much longer without getting caught or being scented so he had been planning on leaving the warmth and familiarity of the barn in the next day or two at the most. He was disappointed when he hadn't heard or seen from Clovertwist and finally brushed it off as the older tom forgetting about him; he was rather unremarkable enough to forget anyways; the lack of company was making the smaller tom feel a bit depressed. But if anything he was learning to grasp the concept of hunting for himself which made him in slight better spirits as the barn was filled with mice and other rodents that came for shelter including some birds in the rafter although he hadn't been brave enough to scale that level yet. But, his attempts were rewarding him in his health as he was not as scrawny looking as he had been the first day Clovertwist had found him strangled up in the netting some days ago.

At first, the presence of the newcomer in the barn went unnoticed and unanswered; Clovertwist's voice merelt echoing in the dim sheltered building without an answer long enough to the point that it may have made the other seem as if it was abandoned. But all of a sudden came a rustling noise and a small fur ball head popped around the corner of a half opened stall door with a few strays of hay still entangled in the brown tufts. Sleepy blue eyes peered at him unfocused for a moment and a yawn escaped Mink's jaws before he shook himself awake and pawed the straw from his head. His blue eyes beamed over at Clovertwist with an almost happy and relieved look that shone in his once dull blue eyes. So the other tom had not forgotten him after all!

"Took you long enough to show! I thought you weren't coming back. I was about to leave this place in the next day or two if you weren't gonna show!" the small brown tom padded around the corner with a huff and drew closer.

He looked down at the bird the other had caught and hummed a thoughtful sound. "I see you've been hunting well. I took what you said to heart a bit and decided to try and teach myself how to hunt. Been doing okay enough to keep myself fed." he shrugged but he seemed a bit proud in his story.

"What took you so long?" he finally piped up and gave him a small frown as his blue eyes studied the other tom; he hadn't changed that much over the week he had been gone but there was definitely something familiar about him that made the tom kit pause a moment.

No it wasn't his fur or his eyes or his smile that was familiar or the sound of his voice. It was something else...something like the aura around him seemed less like what Mink remembered Clovertwist having then before and it made the smaller male give pause and frown at him.

"What's wrong?" he asked. Now that he thought about it, his voice seemed a bit stranger too. "You getting sick?"

Crowpaw / 6 Moons / Female / Shadowclan / #Text Color
Mink(paw) / 6 Moons / Male / From Loner to Windclan / #Text Color
Silverkit / 5 Moons / Female / Thunderclan / #Text Color
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: It Hurts Too Much; And I'm Alone (tagged)   It Hurts Too Much; And I'm Alone (tagged) - Page 2 EmptyMon 24 Feb 2020 - 9:12

No answer; the same muted silence settled over Clovertwist's call and quieted the barn again. He waited in silence for several long moments. Each passing heartbeat was almost painful. He… He moved on, the tom realized with a bitter disappointment. I bet he feels like I proved him right - like nobody cares a whisker whether he lives or dies or where he ends up. I do care. His kinked tail lashed slightly, and a few stinging tears sprang up in his eyes that he blinked at fiercely. Even so, a wave of despair washed through him. How did I get it so wrong? I never meant for him to feel unwanted. I wanted him to feel better. His thoughts were not entirely about Mink. The final days with his father were fresh and raw, and Clovertwist had raked the time desperately for some sign of where things had gone wrong and why.

The sound of a yawn made Clovertwist’s head snap to lock onto the drowsy face of Mink. A sense of relief he hadn’t expected flooded through him to see the tom awake and alert; the tom-kit even recognized Clovertwist, he realized with a dulled sense of delight. Still, the WindClan tom managed a mild smile as he sighed, chuckled faintly, and meowed, ”I’m glad I caught you before you left.” He still felt his throat tightening against sadness, but he truly did feel relieved that Mink was still there.

Looking down at the bird, Clovertwist kept that easy smile on his face as Mink shared what he’d been through in the older warrior’s absence. He might’ve felt proud, but he hadn’t done much - he certainly could’t claim any credit, but perhaps he was simply proud because Mink proved he could do it on his own. ”That’s good. Really, great. You’re a natural,” he answered, but he knew his voice lacked the enthusiasm it should’ve held for his friend’s successes.

To Clovertwist’s surprise, Mink noticed. The tom-kit asked where he’d been, and Clovertwist’s mouth opened to let out a wordless, breathless squawk. Tears almost immediately burned at his eyes again, and the silver tabby tom looked down at the barn floor to the bird at his paws. He scuffed a paw for a second, flexed his claws into the hay, and then answered in a bit of a choked tone, ”My… My dad… He was sick, and we… I lost him.” Clovertwist’s ears flattened slightly, and he looked at Mink with an expression of shame and grief. Mink was already so young, dealing with all of his own grief; Clovertwist was a warrior with a home and kin, even if he had lost some in his lifetime. Mink had none. Did Clovertwist have any right to grieve so openly before Mink? Regardless, he added in a husky voice, ”I tried to take care of him - we all did - but it… it was too late.” He sighed, his shoulders dropping heavily. ”Sorry - I  meant to see you earlier, I didn’t mean to bring a whole stormcloud in your barn, though.”

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

Back to top Go down
Blink

Blink

Sagittarius Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: It Hurts Too Much; And I'm Alone (tagged)   It Hurts Too Much; And I'm Alone (tagged) - Page 2 EmptyMon 24 Feb 2020 - 9:28

Mink could tell something was off immediately after he spoke the question; he was a bit surprised to see the tears and made the smaller male not know how to react. He was not used to grief or tears of sadness from other cats. He didn't know how to feel or show sympathy very well towards others because that's not the life that he grew up living but Clovertwist was different. But why was he here instead of grieving with his clan and other family that would be better fit to support him emotionally unlike the small runt he met a week prior?

"I'm sorry you had to go through that, losing anyone I imagine isn't an easy thing to go through..." the smaller male finally spoke up; he didn't know how it felt so he wouldn't pretend that he knew or that he could give the comfort the silver tabby was seemingly wanting from him.

Truth was, Mink and Clovertwist were very different in every way possible. Clovertwist grew up with a strong support system like his clan, family, and friends. Mink may once had that but that was lost when he woke up moons before with no memory although he knew deep down he never had that or else his family would have found him already. And it only takes one cat to change someone's life. Mink did not have a friend or a family source to gain strength and determination from. To learn from and to thrive. He thrived off the negativity of the world around him because he was not shown the same life and kindness Clovertwist was. So naturally, he was not one to give sympathy when none was given to him growing up. He gave the older tom a small smile and cleared his throat.

"I can't lie and say I know how you feel and I honestly don't see why you came to me for support knowing my position but...all I can offer you in companionship. Sometimes another cat's presence that has a different air about them would be good for a grieving cat I suppose. A distraction mostly." he blinked at the other and turned his head to look around at the barn.

"I was no born with a family or a strong support system that would allow me to grieve or give sympathy as I was not born into that sort of life like you are so I can't comfort you. But, it could work both ways as I did not have that life does not mean that you need that kind of support anyways. Being around people who are grieving as much as you are I would assume is very oppressing and doesn't help you heal any faster." he frowned thinking about it before staring back at the Windclan warrior.

"All I can say on the matter is I'm sorry and it's a life's lesson. Not in a bad way of course...death happens no matter who you are or where you live. Life's karma is a mean thing. You let yourself grieve as long as you need to but remember life has to move on and you cannot let it drag you down for the rest of your life. That kind of aura oppressed others around you and those same cats grieving with you may never heal either if you don't because you don't let them. If you don't heal and show them by example they will never move on from whatever sorrow they are going through. Someone has to show the strength others may not be able to." he coughed slightly and looked down at his paws awkwardly. That was a mouthful for sure to spit out but it was honestly true and he hopefully didn't make the other feel even worse but having an outsiders opinion sometimes did good. Who wanted to be coddled for the rest of their lives and never move on anyways? Mink learned that on from a young age. He was nearly 6 moons and nearly grown up already in such a small body despite his mind already doubling that age to speak such words.

"Anything I can do for you Clover?" Mink finally spoke up giving the other tom a long look. "Can't bring back the dead but I'm good at distracting...want me to show you around the new places I've found around here? I mean..i'm guessing it's your clan's territory so you have seen it already but a walk wouldn't hurt." he shrugged.

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: It Hurts Too Much; And I'm Alone (tagged)   It Hurts Too Much; And I'm Alone (tagged) - Page 2 EmptyTue 25 Feb 2020 - 7:17

While Mink didn't seem completely put off by Clovertwist's heavy admission of sorrow, it was quite clear that the intensity and depth of their relationship to each other was being tested in that moment. After a long while Mink managed some words of sympathy. Clovertwist sniffled and felt a tear roll out of his pale amber eyes down his face, and he twitched his whiskers to dislodge it to the floor as he tried to blink away the rest. "Yeah..." the warrior managed softly, and then another moment of silence stretched between them. He wondered if it had been selfish to come when he was carrying so much emotional weight in with him, yet he also feared it would have been selfish to break his promise - already he'd learned how nearly he'd avoided Mink's departure.

When the tom-kit cleared his throat, though, Clovertwist looked and was surprised to see a smile on his face. The warrior shifted a little self-consciously at the truth of Mink's words, but still he nodded in agreement at the rest. Maybe it was selfish to come here, but you understand, and you know you understand, and so maybe it's alright to have acted selfishly if it's good for us both, he thought. He nodded more enthusiastically, finding a bit of a smile on his face as Mink commented on the oppressive atmosphere that grieving as a big family must make. "Yeah. It's... It's been a few sunrises since it happened, but I know we can't just stop living because... because he did," Clovertwist agreed. The Clan carried on, certainly, but the grief was fresh and most of his kin insisted on wading through their sorrow alone. Clovertwist, like his father, had never cared for that.

Mink continued to speak, and Clovertwist was surprised to find himself relaxing, smiling a bit more comfortably. The words that the orphaned tom spoke were almost familiar; perhaps in some distant memory, Barleytuft himself had spoken them. The likeness between the scraggly brown tom-kit and the late lean tabby warrior was a surprising revelation. Clovertwist nodded once more as Mink finished speaking. The tabby warrior gestured a paw at the bird and replied, "I was hoping getting out might clear my head... I can't kill their sadness, but I sure can kill a bird." He let out a laugh tainted with bitterness at the thought of laughing at such a dark thought, but Barleytuft would've laughed. That was comforting. One more silence stretched between them, and the sorrow that had settled on Clovertwist's face shifted into thoughtfulness. I made the right choice coming out.

When Mink offered a distraction, Clovertwist felt a grin creep over his face. It didn't feel full, and some of it felt fake, but not all of it. He was pleased with the opportunity. "That sounds great. Truth be told, the barn is a bit outside our territory; we venture here from time to time when prey is scarce, but as far as I know WindClan - and all the Clans - have always left it to the loners." He reached forward to gently nudge Mink's shoulder with a paw, adding with a chuckle, "Good thing, too, otherwise I would never have met you." A mischievous glint sparkled in his eye as he commented, "It almost seems like maybe you're glad you met me, too. Don't worry - you don't have to tell me I'm right."

The silver tabby laughed good-naturedly and stood, the gloom he felt mostly overpowered by the thought of impartial company and adventure. WindClan waited for him at home, and he would return with renewed strength and fresh prey to try to fill both their hearts and their bellies.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Blink

Blink

Sagittarius Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: It Hurts Too Much; And I'm Alone (tagged)   It Hurts Too Much; And I'm Alone (tagged) - Page 2 EmptyTue 25 Feb 2020 - 11:17

Mink was glad to see his words even as harsh and straight forward as they were sinking in and that the other did not seem offended and instead seemed to take it under consideration. The small little loner sighed inwardly in relief and straightened himself out as the other seemed to have had his spirits lifted if only for a little while by the strange words coming from the small tom in front of him. Clovertwist even seemed to be able to smile again. That was a good sign; not to think that Mink's words would heal him of course; the tabby had a right to grieve but as long as it didn't hinder him from living life. Shifting to his paws Mink couldn't help the small eye roll and small smile on his face at the jesting; glad to know that Clovertwist was going to be okay for right now and yes the small brown tom was glad the other came back. Mink honestly wasn't sure if he would have been able to leave if he had to.

"Yeah yeah don't get a big head." he grumped playfully before flicking his small tail. "Well then if this place isn't as familiar to you let me show you a few keen spots I've found out." he offered.

He was a bit surprised to know that Clovertwist's clan didn't come out here very often and that out of everything it was Clovertwist who did end up coming over this way and found him. Fate or destiny or something of that sort. He turned and pointed his chin towards the entrance of the barn.

"I'll show you some of my favorite little hide away's I've found. I think I got too close towards your camp area though in my adventuring. I kept smelling other cats around the further I got away from the barn although I wasn't sure if it was your clan or other clans you spoke about since you're the only scent I know around here." he shrugged as he led the way outside of the barn into the clearing outside.

Mink spent the next few whiles showing Clovertwists all his favorite spots. From the perimeter of the barn and further away towards a small almost dried up creek that was too small to really be much use for water supply and a few hill sides were he liked watching the sunsets and sunrises every morning when it wasn't too cold to sit out all night. It was then that Mink realized that he did indeed grow attached to the older tom and he knew...he wouldn't be able to stay here in these lands for much longer...he'd have to say goodbye to the other soon enough and he knew neither of them wanted to do that but Mink didn't belong in these lands. He was an outsider and a trespasser to be fair as it was still Windclan's territory.

It was when they finally sat up on the roof of the barn watching the sunset that he finally spoke up with a hesitant and grave voice asking the questions that Mink was too afraid to have asked sooner but knew it had to be talked about.

"Clovertwist...in the entire time that you were aware of my existance in this barn...I had not yet seen another cat from your clan or another cat period to cross my path this way...does that mean you kept my wearabouts a secret?" he looked over at the larger tom with a small frown.

"And if i'm on the right path in that thinking...why would you keep me a secret if you are honor bound to your clan? Any cat clan or non clan born has a duty to whatever territory they claim do they not? So why would they not chase away the intruder or tell them about their existence." Really he wanted to ask why the tom was seemingly keeping him a secret and in it's own way protecting him from his clan? Did he not know that Mink was a loner... and that meant that he wouldn't stay in this very barn forever living in another's territory?

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: It Hurts Too Much; And I'm Alone (tagged)   It Hurts Too Much; And I'm Alone (tagged) - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Feb 2020 - 7:30

As soon as Mink began to explain what they might do, and some of what he had experienced in the WindClan cat's absence, Clovertwist was even more grateful that he took his friend up on his offer. The only cat in WindClan who knew anything about the barn was Raventail, and that was undoubtedly a sore subject. At the very least, Clovertwist was sure he didn't want to bring it up. The deputy and Barleytuft had suffered a severe blow to their friendship because of that ordeal, and the senior warrior's death was much too close to be sniffing at tangential memories. Mink was immune to that, though, in a way that was new and refreshing: Mink wasn't mourning Barleytuft; Clovertwist had done a fair share and needed peace for a moment, not sorrow. This was a wonderful chance for Clovertwist to not only learn about a territory other than his own but also to spend a little more time with Mink, getting to know him through knowing the way he lived. He couldn't have asked for a better distraction.

The day was full of walking and climbing, and more than once Clovertwist marveled at the stamina and speed of his scraggly loner kit guide. Much of the land around the barn was exactly like WindClan's territory, with rabbit warrens and all, but it was different and strange enough that the warrior found himself fascinated all the same. He had little time to dwell on the sadness that might be waiting back at camp once he returned; truth be told he hardly dwelled on the time at all, and when at last the two returned to the barn to watch the sunset Clovertwist thought only of how happy he would be to see his family again - Aspenheart and Finchstar included - to share the tales of what he'd seen with his friend. For the moment he didn't even have to dread the moment when he would have to leave Mink again.

His ears flicked and his head turned attentively to face Mink as the loner said Clovertwist's name and began to speak. The tom-kit's face was furrowed with uncertainty and perhaps even suspicion. He asked if he was kept a secret, and Clovertwist's eyes widened with mild surprise. Admittedly, he hadn't really had the chance to tell anyone; he hadn't really intended to keep Mink a secret, but what if that was partially what he'd done? Still, as Mink added that Clovertwist was honor-bound to protect his Clan and tell them about an intruder in their borders, Clovertwist felt a little bit less like he'd acted suspiciously. "Well... see, the barn's not really in our territory," Clovertwist clarified. "Our border stretches a ways past the barn, but it's not really ours. We don't patrol it, so that's probably why no cat ever came around." That wasn't a full explanation, though, and he hummed thoughtfully for a moment.

"You're, uh... You're probably right that I should've reported you to Finchstar or Raventail or someone - they're the leader and deputy of WindClan - but I didn't really mean to keep you a secret. At least, not on purpose," Clovertwist answered, scuffing a paw almost like an apprentice being admonished by their mentor. "You're right, I am honor-bound to my Clan and to protect our territory. That's what the warrior code says: 'Boundaries must be checked and marked daily. Challenge all trespassing cats.' We're not in my territory, though. I didn't catch you trespassing. To be frank, you've got more right to this barn than I do. After I met you and we talked, I... well, I didn't exactly feel threatened by your staying here a while." He shrugged. "You knew you could make it on your own, and I guess I was afraid if I reported you, they'd have made it their personal mission to take care of you."

He chuckled a little and added, "That's part of the code I mentioned, too, when we first met: 'No warrior may neglect a kit in pain or in danger, even if that kit is from a different Clan.' WindClan is sort of a big family, like I said. My dad probably would've reported you right away and marched back here with a medicine cat and our leader on his heels to try to take care of you. In a way - a really selfish way - I guess I wanted to be the best impression of WindClan, and letting you stay out here in peace like you asked seemed the best way to do that." In a final admission, he added, "I... I thought you'd have to leave before my Clan ever needed to know, I guess."

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Blink

Blink

Sagittarius Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: It Hurts Too Much; And I'm Alone (tagged)   It Hurts Too Much; And I'm Alone (tagged) - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Feb 2020 - 12:05

Mink turned his gaze from the setting sun a bit in surprise at his admission as he listened to his explanation. Windclan actually sounded kind of nice...in a way. Mink still wasn't sure if he was okay with the idea of a large group of cats but he never had anyone taking care of him before let alone protect him. Not like Clovertwist at least; he didn't know how he'd handle it if he ever went into something like that or ever found someone who was willing to stick around to be by his side. Clovertwist seemed to want to be that cat though but how would that work out if he was not in the clan with him? Could Mink feel safe enough to stay in this barn and make it his own home? Would Windclan allow it if Clovertwist told them about the small tom; to allow the loner to live in this barn if he wanted to make it his home or would they offer a home within their own territory as Clovertwist was making it seem? Windclan seemed so open to newcomers and he wondered how they could have so much trust in someone they did not know whether it was a kit or not. Mink was not used to that sort of trust of strangers but Clovertwist was different.

"So you're saying that if you...happened to let slip a loner kit was living in this barn that you're clan would come out to investigate but they would most likely try taking me in?" he spoke carefully and tilted his head watching him carefully.

"That seems a bit far fetched. I didn't grow up in that trust worthy...sort of circle. How does your clan survive off of a code like that? I mean, if you guys are that trusting towards strangers how do you guys not like...I don't know get run out of your territory or walked over by the other clans?" he asked curiously.

"What I do know though, I don't know how much longer I will be staying here...I want to stay here cause I've gotten used to this place and it's rather nice. I know I can't keep running forever. There's only so much territory I can cover before someone or something gets me...Would you're clan allow me to stay if you spoke to them if this area is far enough outside of your main territory?" he asked a bit hopeful.

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: It Hurts Too Much; And I'm Alone (tagged)   It Hurts Too Much; And I'm Alone (tagged) - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Feb 2020 - 15:38

When Mink reiterated what the warrior had said with an incredulous look and tone, Clovertwist couldn't stop himself from laughing in spite of the faith he held in those beliefs. He supposed it did sound absurd if oneself didn't ascribe to the same beliefs. Still, the tabby nodded and replied, "Probably, yeah; Finchstar is pretty fond of travelers." Mink expressed disbelief, and all Clovertwist could do was grin and shrug. It might seem far-fetched, but it was the only life Clovertwist had ever known. To doubt it was like to doubt the kinks in his own tail.

Despite his surprise and general suspicion, Clovertwist suspected his little loner friend was a little more curious about the Clans than he was letting on. With a casual and honest tone he answered, "Well, I certainly wouldn't go so far as to say we're totally trusting towards strangers - that's what boundaries are for. Cats who respect them get our respect, too. It works because all the Clans follow the same code. We might have a little fight here and there, but we're all in the land we were meant to be in protecting what we're meant to protect. It works because it's always worked and because we continue to make it work."

There was no point in mentioning border skirmishes or the threats looming over the Clans because of the deep betrayal of ShadowClan and RiverClan. Mink might enjoy the sound of stable territories, and certainly he understood borders, but it was likely he wouldn't understand StarClan or wouldn't want to. It was part of "that strange whatever-Clan life."

Clovertwist drooped slightly as Mink expressed he would have to leave eventually, though he had known the loner would move on since the day they'd met. When the tom continued, however, Clovertwist perked up, a little surprised. "Yeah - I'm sure they would. A few moons back our deputy lived here, in fact. Finchstar and I found out from a RiverClan cat - Finchstar was my mentor at the time, and we had gone to look for Raventail after he'd gone missing. He stayed here with some other loners a while, or that's what I heard anyways. If other cats lived here I don't see why we'd try to stop you." His ears perked up. "Maybe if I explain your whole situation to Finchstar he wouldn't try to take you in. If he knows you can take care of yourself then I'm sure he'd support you."

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Blink

Blink

Sagittarius Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: It Hurts Too Much; And I'm Alone (tagged)   It Hurts Too Much; And I'm Alone (tagged) - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Feb 2020 - 1:24

Mink listened carefully with a thoughtful expression. He wondered what kind of cat this Finchstar was to want to take in strangers he didn't know. Why was he so fond of strangers to begin with? That seemed, unusual but maybe Finchstar was either too open minded or he had an experience with a loner that made him have those feelings towards strangers. Heck, if anything maybe Finchstar had once been a loner himself? Shaking his head Mink sighed and looked back down at the ground and it's landscape from their perch on the roof of the barn.

"What about the others in your clan? Do they share the...same views as their leader about loners? Like...how often do they take in strays they find in the territories if they needed the help?" he questioned slowly.

He glanced from the corner of his eye towards the warrior wondering if he got his drift. "Not that i'm saying that I'm coming with you to your clan but if that was an option in case I ever needed too by any wild means..." he added quickly to cover his tracks.

He didn't know how he was about clans or clan life but he did want to have Clovertwist around; Mink didn't catch onto feelings or to other cats very quickly but Clovertwist had somehow woven his way into Mink's life and his heart and the small male didn't know how he would feel to have to say goodbye to him. Even if he was accepted by his leader to stay at the barn to live there...It still got lonely when Clovertwist didn't come by everyday and he knew that the other tom had plenty of other stuff he needed to do at his home and not neglect his clan and friends so he couldn't just ask Clovertwist to abandon them and come live with the small tom at the barn so they didn't have to part...but if by a very wild chance would Mink be willing to give up his freedom and loner life style to live with Clover in his clan if he was accepted? how crazy would that actually be? And would he be happy there...would he be allowed to leave if he didn't fit in and didn't like that lifestyle? If he wasn't suited out for clan life would Finchstar be as kind to let him leave if he was to let him stay?

"Can I come meet your leader?" he suddenly blurted out.

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: It Hurts Too Much; And I'm Alone (tagged)   It Hurts Too Much; And I'm Alone (tagged) - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Feb 2020 - 6:01

Despite Clovertwist's words of assurance, it was clear that Mink wasn't quite convinced. With a little shake of his head as he examined the landscape, the tom-kit pried a little further, venturing that perhaps some of the Clan might disagree with such a trusting policy. Clovertwist's eyes sparkled with a mild understanding of the direction the conversation was taking. The silver tom answered truthfully, "I mean, you're right; not every cat in the Clan agrees with Finchstar's righteously trusting nature. I'm sure other than ThunderClan, WindClan prob'ly has the most mixed blood of any of the Clans." At the moment that thought wasn't the most comforting to Clovertwist, given StarClan's fury, yet the thought of WindClan any other way seemed foreign and undesirable.

He went on, "Finchstar listens to his Clan, and when his Clanmates tell him something is wrong he follows their advice; however, he's the leader. His word is law, as much as the warrior code is to us, and what he says we do. We can question him and his motives, but when Finchstar says to show kindness to travelers, we do it." Clovertwist chuckled faintly to himself. I wouldn't have it any other way. Let's save our claws for fighting predators instead of each other. "I'm certain if there were trouble out here, Finchstar would proudly open his paws to welcome you until things settled again," the tom finally confirmed with a proud nod.

Just then Mink blurted out a request, and a grin wider than Clovertwist could have imagined split over his pale muzzle. "Yes - of course!" the tom chirped back. Already he was standing, searching for the way down. Grief from missing his father was still fresh, and undoubtedly the air in camp was still misted with mourning, but WindClan was and always would be his home and comfort. He considered Mink his friend, undoubtedly; getting to share some of his way of life with the loner kit, returning the kindness the tom had showed him that day, was a thrilling idea. "Finchstar loves stories," Clovertwist warned. "He's about as nosy as a kit 'round a queen's tail. If he's getting too personal don't be afraid to tell him so - although, I'm sure you'll be fine there." his kinked tail flicked, and with a start he added, "Oh! My bird! The Clan would probably appreciate if I brought them some actual prey since I've been out 'skipping patrols' all day."

Buzzing with excitement, Clovertwist sought out the morning's bird - cold now but untouched by other paws - and quickly added another fat mouse to it before looking to Mink with unhidden excitement. "Ready when you are," he purred.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Blink

Blink

Sagittarius Buffalo

PostSubject: It Hurts Too Much; And I'm Alone (tagged-Finished)   It Hurts Too Much; And I'm Alone (tagged) - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Feb 2020 - 7:01

Mink's body relaxed when he heard his words. Clovertwist didn't realize just how reassuring those words actually were for the smaller male. Finchstar seemed like a rather nice character in Mink's opinion but he still worried even though the leader seemed so open minded and willing to lend a paw for the less fortunate how would the clan react? He didn't want a riot on his paws; what if the clan rebelled against Finchstar because they didn't approve of Mink coming into the clan? He wouldn't stay where he wasn't welcomed but...he couldn't be alone forever and the more Clovertwist explained his clan the more curious the small brown tom became and more willing to try it out. But for how long would the clan allow it if they didn't approve? If Finchstar agreed to let him stay would the clan argue against the decision but end up letting him stay because it was Finchstar's choice...but for how long would they keep silent and if they don't say anything...would they treat Mink badly?

Shaking that thought away he stood to his paws carefully on top of the roof and turned away from the tom and looked over his shoulder at his new friend with a small half smirk as he flicked his tail in a beckoning motion.

"I guess the only thing left is to go check it out. I got a lot of questions of my own about this plan. Maybe it Finchstar is as great as you portray him to be he'll let me stick around. How long I don't know considering I don't know what the clan will think of me. But,it won't hurt to try it out for a little while I suppose." He commented padding towards the edge of the roof to climb down the side.

"We'll see how it turns out." he commented.

He didn't have much of a choice in his opinion even if he was a bit willing to try it out. He didn't like being alone now that he knew what it felt like to have a real friend around. If he wasn't accepted into the clan he could always request to stay in the barn and Clovertwist could come visit him when he pleased although it wouldn't be the same. It was better then nothing and the longer the loner was by himself the longer he started feeling like he needed something more in his life. Maybe if he was accepted into the clan he could finally make some friends and not be so lonely and skittish about trusting people. Even maybe go as far as to hope he'd make a family of his own from the strangers willing to take him in like Clovertwist seemed to having grown attached to the loner.

"Alright, lead the way Clovertwist!" he called up from the ground before darting to grab the bird that the older warrior had forgotten when they went exploring.

The small brown tom met the tabby by the barn entrance with the bird in his jaws patiently waiting on him to lead the way. He was interested to see how things would play out for him. If he was questioned or demanded of something Mink knew he'd be able to defend himself. He was a good talker and good at defending his honor although something told him Finchstar wouldn't give him the need to defend himself. Bracing for the unknown encounter the small tom padded after the tabby further from the place he called his home and towards the place that smelled of many different scents and cats to either be tossed out on his tail or taken in with open paws and given a new home.

OOC ~ Fin Thread

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It Hurts Too Much; And I'm Alone (tagged)   It Hurts Too Much; And I'm Alone (tagged) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

It Hurts Too Much; And I'm Alone (tagged)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2