Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Vixenkit's Apprentice Ceremony

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Characters : Kestrelkit (SkC) | Marshkit (SC)
Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 2452

Vixenkit's Apprentice Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Vixenkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Vixenkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyTue 4 Feb 2020 - 14:04

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath Highrock for a clan meeting!"

Oakstar smiled down at the gathered crowd. Their apprentice numbers were swelling as kits turned into apprentices. Now that her siblings had been appointed as apprentices, it was time for one of the last of Houndheart’s young to become an apprentice. Little Vixenkit’s red patched pelt was striking when compared to the muted tones of her mother and Puddlepaw.

"Vixenkit, step forward." He called after Puddlepaw and her mentor had stepped back to clear the way for the next young one to receive their name. This was a record he supposed, but their litter had also been very large. His amber eyes lifted to Dacedream’s in sympathy. With Houndheart permanently wounded, she’d have to sleep without her kits… or her mate.

sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

PostSubject: Re: Vixenkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Vixenkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyTue 4 Feb 2020 - 14:53

Dacedream was grateful the day that Oakstar came and informed her that her kits were nearing the age to receive their apprentice names. They had gotten so big! Every day she was finding herself with less and less room to wiggle in her own nest. Jaykit, Vixenkit, Puddlekit, and Cherrykit had started sprawling out; soon, they'd have nests of their own. The thought would've brought a tear to her eye if she weren't so excited for them. The world would be theirs to see, and with so many great cats in the Clan - cats whose prowess and loyalty could never be questioned - Dacedream only wished the best for her little ones. She spent the morning grooming them sweetly.

The lucky kit now to receive their name was Vixenkit, Dacedream's third and final daughter. The tortoiseshell queen still remembered her initial humiliation at suggestion such a name for Houndheart's kit, given that he himself had barely survived a fox attack as a newborn kit. Now the name didn't bear such guilt - it was a fitting name for her striking pelt and the way she seemed to strut everywhere she went. Dacedream gently brushed her nose over Vixenkit's shoulder. Who would give the bright she-cat the chance to shine and prove herself that she deserved? The look that Oakstar gave her wasn't missed, but she did her best not to think of who - among many of her loved ones - was missing this ceremony.

Vixenkit's Apprentice Ceremony VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
feahter

feahter

Characters : [F]eatherpaw | [S]mokespirit | [V]ixenpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] RC Apprentice | [S] SC Tier I Warrior | [V] TC Apprentice
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 857

PostSubject: Re: Vixenkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Vixenkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyWed 5 Feb 2020 - 23:07

Finally.
It was her time to shine!

Silky pelt slick against her petite frame, the russet she-kit sauntered confidently beyond the shelter of the nursery, gaze smouldered with a flare of confidence. Her strides were long, chest pointedly puffed in an attempt to exhibit her belief in her unyielding boldness. Maw twisted upwards in a well-intentioned smirk, she sashayed towards the clearing, tail fluttering in wide arcs as she tried to supress her excitement. She had to be cool, calm, collected; prove she really was deserving of the title of an apprentice. Her entrance just had to be so flamboyant, so ostentacious. That was just... Vixenkit's nature.

The kit strutted forward, remaining close to her siblings' and mother's sides. She knew she would outshine all other cats - it was "inevitable", she already was the best of the best, and today would only reinforce how capable she was. She had accepted her mother's grooming session with very little reluctance, only because she knew her mama was only trying to make her look prettier. Dacedream had done a very good job; Vixenkit's pelt with pristine and carefully kept sleek. She had spent the entire time chirruping about how, "When I'm a big cat, I'll be able to groom my own pelt all by myself! I'll do it everyday- wait, mama! You missed this spot! I have to be very, clean today! Oh, I'm so excited! Who do think my mentor will be? I hope they don't wake me up early. I only get up at sunhigh, you know! MAMA, you missed another spot! You have to groom me very, very good, remember?" And then, she had resumed her ceaseless blithering, this time to her littermates, "I bet I'll be the first to be apprenticed! Oakstar's gonna pick the best mentor, all for me! You're all gonna see that I am the best-est! Cherrykit, Puddlekit, Jaykit, I'm gonna beat you all! I'm gonna be the bestest hunter and fighter, I bet they won't even get me to do boring stuff like moss bedding and ticks and bleh, because I'm gonna be so good and they won't even think of giving me so much work! Oh wow, I am gonna be the best! Is it starting yet? Is it starting yet?"

Needless to say, she was quite disappointed when she hadn't been the first out of her siblings to be called up. First Cherryki- er, paw, and then Puddlepaw... It's because I'm the goodest. They're saving the best for last, of course! As her two sisters slipped back into the crowd, once receiving their very own mentors, she indiscreetly poked her tongue out at both of them. The she-kit fixed her gaze onto her brother afterwards, eyes narrowed as she expected him to be called next. Obviously, Oakstar was building up for the climax of this ceremony: her. Because Vixenkit was the best. Very much obviously, the best.

Once again, her nonexistant eyesbrows furrowed in absolute disbelief when her name was announced. Surely, she was supposed to have been saved for last! Everyone saved the best for last, right? She didn't respond to Dacedream's affectionate nuzzle at first in her state of surprise, but once the realization had clicked, a rumbling purr erupted in her throat as she gently nudged back. After that fleeting second of faltering, she pranced into the center, making sure to swat Jaykit with her tail as she absorbed the attention of all. As if that moment of shock had not been there, a grin had engulfed her features, head held high to meet with the leader's. Her amber gaze was glimmering, brimming with delight.

She was ready!

proud og member of the wcc leg cult

Vixenkit's Apprentice Ceremony Feather-s-Badge-Signature-20200209122543

:.:|| ic  news ||:.:

.:|| Featherpaw ⟡ RC | Smokespirit ⟡ SC | Vixenpaw ⟡ TC ||:.
|  20/80 | 35/90* | 20/80  |
.:||  #292950 | #665f35 | #b02e2e  ||:.

*disabled stat reduction; half-blind

Last edited by XFeatherX on Thu 6 Feb 2020 - 21:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : t y p o)
Back to top Go down
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Characters : Kestrelkit (SkC) | Marshkit (SC)
Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 2452

PostSubject: Re: Vixenkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Vixenkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyFri 7 Feb 2020 - 20:24

Oakstar watched as Vixenkit stepped forward. She seemed so certain and proud. Those weren’t bad traits, but she would need to learn how to temper them. It made him pause in thought for a long moment. It might be to her benefit if he could get in some one on one time with her. With a firm nod, he lifted his head and began the climax of the ceremony.

"Vixenkit, you have reached the age of six moons. It is now time for you to become an apprentice. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Vixenpaw." He called, with a smile towards her, which he shared with Dacedream for a moment. "I will be your mentor, and I will do my best to teach you the warrior ways well. " He declared as he leapt down to finish her part of the ceremony with the familiar chant.

"Vixenpaw, Vixenpaw!"

feahter

feahter

Characters : [F]eatherpaw | [S]mokespirit | [V]ixenpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] RC Apprentice | [S] SC Tier I Warrior | [V] TC Apprentice
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 857

PostSubject: Re: Vixenkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Vixenkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyFri 7 Feb 2020 - 21:41

Oakstar.
Oakstar.

She knew it! She was so, so clever! She knew she was gonna get the best mentor!

Any faint hint of surprise couldn't be distinguished in her features; instead, bold smugness engulfed her expression. As the leader descended from the clan's peak, she flashed a triumphant smirk in her siblings' directions. Her gaze briefly flickered to Dacedream, self-accomplishment present in her broad grin. Some part of her felt a throbbing pang of regret that Houndheart wouldn't be able to personally watch her training, or accompany her on her ground-breaking patrols. However.. the time to mourn about that lost possibility was not now. 'Complacent' couldn't even begin to describe how superior she was feeling as she noted the gazes of all of ThunderClan boring into her pelt. The leader himself knew how awesome she was, and how she deserved the best. But of course, that was no surprise. Everyone knew how perfect Vixenkit- no, Vixenpaw was.

Prancing jovially up to Oakstar, she extended herself onto her very tiptoes, nose grazing against his own in a hardly gentle manner. The flare in her eyes had somehow ignited even brighter, and it was with unwavering confidence that she demanded, "I'm know I'm already really, really good. So, I don't have to train too much, okay Oakstar?" Her blatant disregard for respect was purely because, she didn't quite understand respect. And while she had made no evident attempt to hush her insistence, the chants seemed to overpower her statement anyway.

Oh, yeah.
The chants.

They boosted Vixenpaw's haughtiness by a lot.

Satisfied in herself, it was with great reluctance that she retreated back into the crowd. It hurt to hear the cheers.. dissolve into the atmosphere.. but she assured herself that it hurt the others as well. I bet if they could, she mused wistfully, they would have cheered my name 'till dusk. Strutting extravagantly towards her sisters, the newly-announced 'paw pointedly sat herself in front of them. "I'm better than both of youu~" she crooned, tone pitched high in a sing-song voice, refusing to look at either Cherrypaw or Puddlepaw. Her head was tilted high, smirk plastered firmly on her face. And now, she would be forced to observe the proceedings... she didn't care, really, knowing that Jaykit wouldn't receive a mentor as cool as she did. I am so totally the best-est!

proud og member of the wcc leg cult

Vixenkit's Apprentice Ceremony Feather-s-Badge-Signature-20200209122543

:.:|| ic  news ||:.:

.:|| Featherpaw ⟡ RC | Smokespirit ⟡ SC | Vixenpaw ⟡ TC ||:.
|  20/80 | 35/90* | 20/80  |
.:||  #292950 | #665f35 | #b02e2e  ||:.

*disabled stat reduction; half-blind

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

PostSubject: Re: Vixenkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Vixenkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptySat 8 Feb 2020 - 11:40

To Dacedream's surprise, Vixenkit didn't spring forward right away. She seemed confused for a moment, almost as if she'd forgotten who was still left to receive their names. After a moment, though, the vibrant calico was more than happy to put herself front and center. Dacedream sat back with as much patience as she could muster, satisfied mostly to just watch the look of confidence on Vixenkit's face and radiating from her luxurious pelt. She was so much like Houndheart that way - he'd be proud if he could watch the ceremony, but Mossbloom had said they shouldn't even risk moving him to the entrance of the nursery for fear that the damage would get worse. Still, Dacedream glanced back at the nursery when she knew she had a moment. No brown tabby pelt in sight.

The queen quickly turned her attention back as Oakstar's voice rang out, and she forced her shoulders to relax; a smile fell easily onto her face again to hear Oakstar give Vixenpaw her new name. Hearing the mentor he chose, though, Dacedream couldn't help but perk up and chirp, "Wow!" Oh, yes, that'll make Vixenpaw very happy, I'm sure. Indeed, the vibrant newly-named apprentice's head turned with pride. Dacedream nodded energetically, her eyes sparkling with approval and delight. As quickly as Vixenpaw had looked back, she turned to her mentor again - who was now coming to greet her. The queen chanted her daughter's name with the rest of the Clan, the purr which had been silent for so long rumbling like a monster in the heart of camp.

When at last Vixenpaw came back, Dacedream watched the silky she-cat as she planted herself before her already named sister. The queen chuckled slightly and then meowed agreeably, "You're the best Vixenpaw I know!" Her loving gaze sweeping to the two half-buried sisters, Dacedream cooed, "You're all going to be wonderful apprentices, and your mentors are going to teach you so much! I hope you'll all help each other be better ThunderClan cats every day." She turned her gaze to Jaykit, then expectantly to Oakstar. One more... I'm not sure my heart can take so much happiness!

Vixenkit's Apprentice Ceremony VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vixenkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Vixenkit's Apprentice Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Vixenkit's Apprentice Ceremony
Page 1 of 1