Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

It is time… for a change. Introducing:

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Characters : Kestrelkit (SkC) | Marshkit (SC)
Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 2456

It is time… for a change. Introducing: Empty
PostIt is time… for a change. Introducing:

So the poll here showed recent interest in renewing the board with a new layout. I also noticed some concerns over the potential of losing the ‘feel’ to wcc. I understand this concern. WCC is a wonderful community, full of talent and great people.

This is largely why I feel the site could use the change. Right now, things are fairly ‘classic’ and while that’s certainly not too bad, the books have moved on, the community is large and friendly, and staff has a completely new roster. It makes sense that the site would change with the decade… therefore, we’ve decided to host:

WCC’s 2020 Layout Contest

Everyone can enter, as long as they follow the rules below. Entries will be placed in a large poll on the end date and you will all be given 5 days to go and take a good look at each. I recommend that when you design it, you ensure that you show off all the lovely buttons, avatars and features! I do heavily recommend against custom coding however, as it can take far too long to adjust and we want this transition to be as seamless as possible.

The current layout will also be able to be voted for, so if none strike you as right, we can stay with the current. Either way, it will be permanently saved and available for just in case situations.

For anyone who wants it to build off of, the current layout is available to download here: WCC Original Layout

To enter, simply comment below with a link to your forum with the layout applied.

Entries will be accepted until Dec. 31st at 12pm pst

RULES

Forum layout must be constructed on a Forumotion site.
Forumotion provides an easy to use tool that allows for immediate layout swaps, as opposed to manually loading each image individually. This would make the transition quick instead of hours long.

Images must be hosted on an image site that won’t delete them.
Basically, don’t just yank images off google because there is a good chance it might disappear at some point. There are free image hosts that can be used. (Forumotion gives you a free one!)

Background will be changed.
Every season, the background of the board changes. Please keep this in mind during the design process.

Buttons must be non intrusive
Please no mega sized buttons… I beg you. It is also a good idea to make sure the lettering on each button is clearly visible.

Good luck everyone! We look forward to seeing all of your lovely creations! 8D

Edit: Voting has begun! Please use This form here to vote.

Votes will be accepted until Jan 5th at 12pm pst

Last edited by Cays on Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

It is time… for a change. Introducing: :: Comments

Falcarolwing
Re: It is time… for a change. Introducing:
Post Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:00 am by Falcarolwing
Oh heck yeah!

I’ll be trying to enter, although I’m not as familiar with Forumotion as ProBoards. Good luck to everyone, and I’m excited to see the entries!
Lizz
Post Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:51 pm by Lizz
Are we allowed to collab on a skin with other people? I’d love to enter, but I’m better at graphics than I am actually coding CSS, and I know some people are better with code than art. Would it still be a valid entry if multiple peeps worked on it instead of one?
Cays
Post Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:14 pm by Cays
As mentioned above, it must be constructed on Forumotion which does all the coding for you. Custom coding won’t be as easily accepted because it’s very sensitive and will make for a far harder transition. We don’t want the site to be down for hours while we tweak it for adjustments, or fix things that somehow broke.

If you want to collab, that’s perfectly fine. Just bare in mind that if they are just collabing in order to code that it won’t even be nessecary.
Lizz
Post Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:29 pm by Lizz
Ah, ok! Thanks for clarifying!
RainyHeart
Post Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:29 pm by RainyHeart
I'm not too great when it comes to graphics, so if someone in that area of expertise would like to collab I'll welcome you with open arms!
Anonymous
Post Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:46 am by Guest
SCREAM
Anonymous
Post Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:06 pm by Guest
It is time… for a change. Introducing: Receiv10

My submission for the banner ;)
Cays
Post Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:07 am by Cays
before I forget to link it
sumashira
Post Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:02 pm by sumashira
Here's my skin + graphics submission!

And a preview of the palette/theme:
It is time… for a change. Introducing: AGGwGD8
RainyHeart
Post Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:21 pm by RainyHeart
I have -100 graphic creating/editing skills, so my entry is for the color scheme and aesthetic of the site. The banner is art by Climbtothestars C:

http://wcc-rainy-edition.forumotion.com/

Cays
Post Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:00 pm by Cays
THE DEADLINE HAS PASSED!

Please use This form here to vote

It is time… for a change. Introducing:

Page 1 of 1