Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Season of Change

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

Season of Change Empty
PostSubject: Season of Change   Season of Change EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 12:45 pm

OOC: Takes place directly after this topic.

It was a chilly morning, but the sun was shining down into the WindClan camp. There had been chaos with the foxes roaming the moors, hiding in the tunnels, and Goldengale would be lying if she didn't fear for the safety of her family members and mate every time they left the tentative safety of camp. At least this was one place they were protected... And she prayed to StarClan that it would stay that way. For every cat of WindClan, and for the quickly growing life inside of her. She lay on her side, enjoying the leaf-fall sun shining down on her golden pelt. A cool breeze blew through the camp, and part of her longed to follow it while the other was content to just.... stay where she was. She had just found out that she was expecting Grousefrost's kit not long before, and now she was waiting for the right moment to tell him, and the clan.

Would he be excited? Upset? Fearful? She reminded herself that while she was new to being a mother, this was not Grousefrost's first kit. Vinepaw had been his first, and while she didn't share Goldengale's blood she loved her dearly. What about Barleytuft? And Graybriar? She recalled Mistystripe's words at the Gathering when Grousefrost asked her to be his mate with a low groan. Knowing the tom, he was already out and about, and probably wondering where she was. She had been supposedly returning to duties, but... Well, then she found out. She was still in a bit of shock and disbelief, but the pain lingering in her belly along with the occasional odd feeling of movement confirmed it with each passing heartbeat. Hopefully she would see her beloved soon.

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Season of Change Giphy
Back to top Go down
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Characters : Kestrelkit (SkC) | Marshkit (SC)
Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 2452

Season of Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season of Change   Season of Change EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 4:32 pm

Tall stalks of gold waved in a gentle breeze. Clutches of golden flowers clinging to green bushes that shivered in the slight chill of leaf-fall air. The ground was hard, but not fully dry as a small rain had pushed down the dust that would have risen from any movement just a day ago. Movement, such as the sleek silver cat, that raced through the field. His silver and pale pelt bright sticking out against the grasses as he bounded towards the large dip in the field that marked the sanctity of camp.

The tom slowed to a calm walk as he passed the threshold of the entrance. A rabbit in his jaws which he placed into the middle of the clearing. Pausing a moment to straighten out a ruffle in his pelt, and pull a small few briar thorns from his fur. The sight of gold caught his eye, there was no question of where the tom would go next, as he padded towards her and purred as he gave her cheek a gentle lick and sat down next to her.

You had a late start this morning.” He commented, tone casual, but his blue gaze was full of worry. “Is it the fox wounds?” His gaze shifted to where injuries from her battle could be seen.

Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat

Season of Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season of Change   Season of Change EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 4:57 pm

As she had expected, Grousefrost came from the entrance to the camp, holding a rabbit firmly between his jaws. He placed it in the middle of the clearing, and Goldengale smiled as she watched him fix his pelt, eyes gleaming with love and appreciation. He was really something special, and she couldn't believe she was lucky enough to be the one he chose. Now, she carried his kit, and as he approached she couldn't suppress her purr, rubbing her face against his as he settled next to her. His casual tone was betrayed by the worry in his gaze, and she flicked her tail to her flank. "I woke up feeling ill, and had to go see Aspenheart. He gave me some information that I think you might need to know."

She tried so hard to keep the hesitant smile off of her face, she really did. "He says I'll have to stay confined to camp for another few moons. I won't be able to return to my regular duties for a while yet. He informed me that I'll have to get a new nest, somewhere a bit warmer and softer. You see, he said that I'll have to move to the nursery." Her eyes searched her mate's, curious for his reaction. "Apparently, our family is going to be growing, by one." Her gaze shifted from his to her gently swollen belly, and back.

ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

Season of Change Giphy
Back to top Go down
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Aquarius Horse

Season of Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season of Change   Season of Change EmptyWed Sep 25, 2019 6:10 am

As he heard her explain that she had been feeling ill, Grousefrost’s ears pricked as his mind raced with worry. ‘Is it an infection? A new wound? Did she get a case of white cough? Starclan, she should be in the medicine den if so!’ His fears seemed confirmed for the first explanations. He stood, ready to help her set up in the medicine den with the best possible bedding he could find… but then she continued.

Grousefrost’s thoughts screeched to a halt.

The nursery… a kit… his kit. Their kit. His blue eyes widened at the new revelation, pale jaw dropping slightly in his shock, before he purred and rubbed up to her. His pelt as close as possible with an added lick to the cheek as his rumbling purrs felt like they could move the forest itself.

Goldengale… that… that’s wonderful!” He exclaimed, then pulled back with a wide smile. “I’ll make sure you get the best nest, extra rabbit fluff to help you stay comfortable.” He offered in delight as he turned his head to see if any other cats had noticed the commotion with an embarrassed flattening his ears as he coughed and forced back the excitement from getting too loud. Goldengale needed care right now, and that was what she’d get.

sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

Season of Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season of Change   Season of Change EmptyWed Sep 25, 2019 2:17 pm

Cloverpaw had been watching Goldengale for only a few moments, wondering what she could be laying about camp looking so anxious about (aside from, well, everything), when suddenly Grousefrost appeared through the entrance, a rabbit clamped in his teeth. One part of the silver apprentice couldn't help but smirk and think, He's as timely as the sun. Another larger part, however, felt a very kittish amusement at how goofy Goldengale was in her young love, looking at the silver warrior with big moon-eyes and practically planning her whole day around him. It was good to see her happy, and Cloverpaw couldn't imagine any cat who would work so hard to keep her that way, but it was still fun to poke at and tease.

He respected their space to greet for a moment, washing his freshly scarred, knotted tail gently as he waited for their mushy hellos to complete. The sound of Grousefrost's outburst of delight, however, immediately drew Cloverpaw's pale amber gaze to the couple. Oh? What's so wonderful? the apprentice wondered. When the warrior's embarrassed eyes looked around for witnesses, well, then Cloverpaw couldn't help himself. He made sure to meet his sister's mate's eyes as he stood and sauntered over, tail as high as he could manage over his back.

"I heard a little, ah, commotion," Cloverpaw teased with a bright expression on his face. He looked from Grousefrost to his sister and back again as he flopped onto his belly before them, stretching out. "What's up? Did Golden ask you to be her deputy when she's leader someday?" the silver apprentice chuckled, placing a paw good-naturedly on Grousefrost's for a moment before drawing it back again and looking between them expectantly.

Season of Change VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Amess

Amess

Characters : Grayleaf(G), Mistystripe(M),Cedarkit (C)
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan Tier 2 Warrior (G), WindClan Medicine Cat Apprentice (M),RiverClan Unborn Kit(C)
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 198

Season of Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season of Change   Season of Change EmptyThu Sep 26, 2019 2:22 pm

Mistystripe padded over to her siblings, and Grousefrost. She didn't know yet whether she liked the tom or not. As far as she knew, he would leave Goldengale as soon as she could no longer perform warrior duties for some reason. But so far, he held through. Which is why she kept her suspicions to herself. Yes, it was just sisterly love that made her feel this way. But she couldn't help it. She cared for her sister. So the anxious look on her face had her worried. "Something wrong, Goldengale?" She asked, looking at Grousefrost. If he did something, she would make him wish he didn't have to live another day.

ThunderClan           WindClan                        RiverClan 

Tier 2 Warrior   Medicine Cat Apprentice         Unborn Kit

Signature Art by the wonderful Kade/Jade
Back to top Go down
http://clansoflegend.forumotion.com
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

Season of Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season of Change   Season of Change EmptyThu Sep 26, 2019 2:43 pm

Grousefrost's eyes had widened at the news, and as his jaw dropped slightly the twinge of uncertainty returned. It was quickly put to rest, however, as his purr rumbled in his chest and he pressed close to her. His delighted exclamation and reassurances brought a smile to her face, and she closed the distance again and rubbed her head under his pale chin. A chuckle as he looked around with a cough, searching to see if anyone had caught the commotion, and it was clear that there were several around who had - including her siblings. As they made their way over, she whispered to Grousefrost. "I look forward to it, to everything.... Even if I'm a little bit scared." She licked his cheek quickly before looking up to Cloverpaw innocently as he teased Grousefrost, a purr rumbling in her own chest.

"I have to be deputy first, and I'm going to have a few moons before I can strive for that - according to Aspenheart at least." She responded, being intentionally vague as she waited for Mistystripe to stop by them. She smiled up at her sister and shook her head lightly. "Nothing's wrong, just some good news. I went to Aspenheart this morning because I thought I ate an exceptionally bad lizard. He told me that Grousefrost and I have a kit on the way!" She watched their expressions similarly to how she had watched Grousefrost, twining her tail with his as she awaited their responses.

Season of Change Giphy
Back to top Go down
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Aquarius Horse

Season of Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season of Change   Season of Change EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 4:52 am

The idea of being Goldengale’s deputy sent a shudder down Grousefrost’s spine as he thought about what that would mean… no more Finchstar. Worse, Goldengale would gain nine lives, only for him to suffer her losing them one at a time It felt like a situation that would be far more of a curse than a blessing as he shook his head and looked up as Mistystripe padded over.

He smiled at Goldengale, and licked her cheek affectionately before he turned his attention back towards the pair, his pale chest puffed out in pride.
A new kit for the clan… no doubt it will be the best kit in the clan.” He purred, then paused for a moment as he glanced towards the apprentices den, where Vinepaw might be. She would have a half-sibling soon… he’d have to make sure he trained the new kit as much as vinepaw to ensure she didn’t become jealous. That would be an inefficient waste of time. He turned his head from those thoughts and stood. “I’ll have to get you softer bedding for the nursery.

sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

Season of Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season of Change   Season of Change EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 12:18 pm

The jest seemed to hit fine with Goldengale, and admittedly Cloverpaw got a bit of a twisted delight out of her mate's apparent discomfort as his eyes narrowed slightly and he shook his head. Cloverpaw chuckled and looked at Goldengale with a curious expression as she explained she couldn't strive to become deputy for a few moons. He was about to ask why, wondering if perhaps she'd been wounded worse than everyone thought, when he realized his twin, Mistystripe, had appeared, her silver face grave with concern. Cloverpaw had noticed her frequent eyeing of the older warrior; was she worried about her sister? If anything, Grousefrost was the one in for trouble.

Gently Goldengale reassured her siblings that nothing was wrong, and with a warm smile she explained that what she'd thought to be a sour stomach had turned out to be something different and unplanned: Goldengale was expecting, and Grousefrost was the father.

Immediately Cloverpaw's round silver face split into a toothy grin. "Wow. I didn't even know you'd ever considered kits, Goldengale," Cloverpaw remarked, though he wasn't complaining. Immediately he was stretching forward to nuzzle his sister's chin, still laying on his belly. "Congratulations - they're gonna have the best family in the forest." He leaned back a bit and turned his head to look at his twin sister with bright eyes. "Didn't dad hear you say something about wanting to be an aunt?" he teased her, curious what her thoughts were.

Season of Change VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Amess

Amess

Characters : Grayleaf(G), Mistystripe(M),Cedarkit (C)
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan Tier 2 Warrior (G), WindClan Medicine Cat Apprentice (M),RiverClan Unborn Kit(C)
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 198

Season of Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season of Change   Season of Change EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 12:35 pm

Mistystripe was shocked at the news. Kits? Now? Yes she mentioned them before, but wasn't it a bit soon? It was only last gathering that they became mates! She did not take her gaze off of Grousefrost. Her sister seemed pretty excited about having kits, so she would not kill her former mentor. Yet. However, she still didn't like any of it. She would have to keep a close eye on Grousefrost.

She turned to her twin to see his usual teasing grin and rolled her eyes. "Yes I mentioned being an aunt, ya don't have to rub it in" She said. She would have pushed her brother over had he not been injured. But she was still very careful with him. She did not want to risk hurting him. "So Goldengale, you're a queen now...." She said, turning back to her sister. "Any ideas on names? Do we know how many there are yet?" She was genuinely curious. How many little nieces and nephews would she be getting? She was sure they would be adorable. Who knew, maybe she would mentor one of them when they became an apprentice? Then again, she doubted she would be a mentor any time soon. Aspenheart had many moons ahead of him still.

ThunderClan           WindClan                        RiverClan 

Tier 2 Warrior   Medicine Cat Apprentice         Unborn Kit

Signature Art by the wonderful Kade/Jade
Back to top Go down
http://clansoflegend.forumotion.com
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

Season of Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season of Change   Season of Change EmptyWed Oct 02, 2019 2:20 pm

Goldengale nuzzled her nose under Grousefrost's cheek after he tenderly licked hers, smiling at her siblings. Then her mate stood, and she gazed up at him as he mentioned having to fetch softer bedding. "We'll have plenty of time for that, Grousefrost, we did just find out after all. It will be a while before the kit makes their appearance." She purred, and smiled back at her brother. "I hadn't, Cloverpaw, at least not really." She returned the gesture warmly, nodding in agreement. "They most certainly will, with a great aunt and uncle to help keep them in line!"

Her eyes sought out Mistystripe's next, the she-cat had been oddly quiet considering the news, especially after her comment at the last Gathering. The shock was evident in her expression, eyes trained on Grousefrost like an eagle would a rabbit. At Cloverpaw's comment she seemed to shake herself of it, her eyes rolling at his teasing. Their blue eyes then found each other, and Goldengale smiled nervously at her sister. "I suppose I am! I don't know about names... I haven't really thought about it much to be honest. Aspenheart said there's definitely one, but he thinks that's all he can feel." Her sister's curiosity seemed genuine, perhaps she was more excited than she appeared after all.

"Dad was asleep when I got the news, and mom hasn't heard yet that I know of. When dad wakes up I'm gonna go talk to him, so keep it quiet until then, okay you two? I wonder if he'll be excited.... Hopefully he's back on his paws in time to play with them." She mewed, worry coloring her voice. Her father's injuries from the patrol that was sent out to try to find Puddlepaw had been quite significant, as had Grousefrost's. She had feared for their well-being, and hoped that soon Barleytuft would be back and moving as usual... They had just gotten their brother healed up.

Season of Change Giphy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Season of Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season of Change   Season of Change Empty

Back to top Go down

Season of Change
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum