Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Bellyache

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

A Bellyache Empty
PostSubject: A Bellyache   A Bellyache EmptyMon 23 Sep 2019 - 10:35

Her wounds had finally healed, the limp gone from her step. Today was the day that she'd return to her normal duties, and the gold tabby warrior was more than ready.... Until she woke up feeling like thorns had twisted around her belly. She got up and rushed, wincing the whole way, towards the dirtplace, and once there her stomach felt like it was twisting in knots. The only thing she ate the night before was a small lizard, her own way of punishing herself for not being able to help more. She knew those things were evil and awful. Exhausted and drained, she slowly padded back into camp when another pang of pain in her stomach made her wince. To Aspenheart it was then, hopefully he would have something that would be able to help.

She made her way into the medicine cat den, flopping onto her side and called out for the medicine cat himself. "Aspenheart..... I ate a lizard last night and I just knew those things were awful... I have a terrible bellyache, do you have something that can help?" She curled in on herself as another pain wracked her belly, tucking her nose under her tail.

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

A Bellyache Giphy
Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 2502

A Bellyache Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bellyache   A Bellyache EmptyMon 23 Sep 2019 - 15:53

Aspenheart was a little more on edge than usual, so when Goldengale thumped on the ground behind him, his fur shot up across his back. He relaxed, of course, when he saw her dramatically groaning on the ground, and he invited her closer.

"I can give you some mallow leaves, but I'm not wasting my chervil on food poisoning!" he laughed, approaching his stores, "I need that in case we have any... kittings." Aspenheart trailed off, suspiciously eyeing the she-cat behind him. He gathered the fuzzy leaves and pushed them towards Goldengale and began pressing his paws against her stomach. Immediately, he perked up, feeling around with more intent. Some cats developed odd lumps inside of them that eventually lead to death... but this lump was oblong and huge! Giving nothing away, he sat down beside the she-cat and hid his growing smile. "How's Grousefrost, the great lump?"

A Bellyache TpKJUN0

Rushkit | RiverClan Kit | #4b5320
Lionpaw | ThunderClan Apprentice | #cb945f

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat

A Bellyache Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bellyache   A Bellyache EmptyMon 23 Sep 2019 - 16:26

"I'm glad you can laugh at my misfortune, Aspenheart." Goldengale teased through gritted teeth as he approached with some fuzzy green leaves. She licked them up gratefully, hoping that the effects would kick in sooner rather than later. "Figures, I punish myself for not being able to help more by forcing myself to eat a lizard, and the lizard punishes me further. Never again." She pondered aloud, swallowing the last of the herbs.

She groaned in discomfort as Aspenheart pressed his paws against her belly, his paw motions intensifying after the first check. Once he stepped away, a weird expression on his face, she looked up at him. "Done poking and prodding? The lizard isn't alive in there, is it? I know I threw all of the bones out. It couldn't survive that, right?"

The medicine cat inquired about Grousefrost, and her pelt grew warm slightly. She was still giddy at the fact that he had asked her to be with him, and loving every moment at his side... Even when he spoke against her sometimes. "He's been fine, worried with me being stuck in camp. He tried to get me to eat something better than a lizard, but I couldn't. I wish now I had. Why do you ask?"

ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

A Bellyache Giphy
Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse

A Bellyache Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bellyache   A Bellyache EmptyMon 23 Sep 2019 - 17:14

Aspenheart's facade broke as he grinned widely. "I hope he's okay with you being confined to camp for another few moons, Goldengale," he said in a sing-song voice, "Considering you're carrying his kit!"

He pushed Goldengale a mixture of borage leaves and chamomile, which would probably be good to double down on in the coming weeks. "A big healthy one in there, that's for sure. I'll make arrangements to get you a fresh nest in the nursery, and you'll be cared for by the apprentices until you're ready to boot the poor kit out into the world. How's that sound, hm?" The medicine cat laid his tail across the queen's spine, prepared for the best... or the worst. She wasn't a cat that was easily cooped up. It might be tough on her, for certain.

A Bellyache TpKJUN0

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

A Bellyache Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bellyache   A Bellyache EmptyMon 23 Sep 2019 - 19:05

Goldengale's expression quickly went from one of discomfort and pain to one of unease and curiosity as Aspenheart's face broke into a wide grin. It had been a long time since she'd seen the tom smile like that, and the words that followed only confused her more. Another few moons? No, not possible, not happening. She was supposed to get back to regular duties by sunhigh! What about racing the moors, and hunting for her clan? She couldn't be stuck in camp for....

Wait.

Kit.

Grousefrost.

Goldengale's breath caught as she stared wide-eyed at Aspenheart as he pushed more herbs towards her. Turning her gaze down at him, it felt as though she were hearing the medicine cat through a tunnel. Big, healthy, nursery, cared for, one kit... Without lapping up a herb she looked back up to Aspenheart, shock and concern and a tinge of fear in her expression. "There's a kit? But... There's so much happening and the... The..." She couldn't bring herself to voice the danger lurking in the moors, Aspenheart probably knew better than any of them what it entailed.

"What about all of my duties? Oh stars, what will I tell Grousefrost, or... Or mom and dad and..." She groaned to herself, partly as another pain gripped her and partly in realization. "Mistystripe and Cloverpaw are going to have so much fun, aren't they?" How would they all react? Would Grousefrost be pleased? She had no idea what she was doing, or what she was supposed to do... Vinepaw had already been fairly grown when her and Grousefrost got close, but this was entirely new. She would have to talk to Graybriar, maybe she would be able to offer some guidance...

A Bellyache Giphy
Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse

A Bellyache Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bellyache   A Bellyache EmptyTue 24 Sep 2019 - 7:24

Aspenheart sighed as Goldengale went on the tangent that he fully expected her to go on. He gently stroked the length of her spine with his tail in a comforting manner as she spoke, his brow furrowed with concern.

"There are plenty of able-bodied warriors to carry your weight, Goldengale," he assured her, "You can't exactly get rid of the poor thing, either. It's coming out whether you want it to or not. It's only a few moons, and in no time you'll be ready to take down more foxes for us."

His voice suddenly became very low and serious. "If you were anybody else, I would offer to keep this quiet and give the kit up to another queen. But, personally, I think you'd be a fantastic mother. This certainly isn't the hardest thing you've ever done, eh?"

A Bellyache TpKJUN0

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

A Bellyache Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bellyache   A Bellyache EmptyTue 24 Sep 2019 - 7:40

She knew that there were plenty of other warriors to pick up the weight of what she needed to do, but it didn't help ease the sense that she was letting them down by not carrying her own weight. At the same paw though, she was going to have a kit. A new member to the family, and the clan. It was a honor, and after a few heartbeats of quiet consideration she took a deep breath and accepted it. She would face this challenge with as much bravery as she could, and talk to the other queens to help fill in the blanks. It would only be a few moons.... Only a few. That's all, no more, no less. Things would be okay. Another pain wracked through her belly, followed by the strangest sensation. Her head turned to look at her swelled side, looking at it in a new light. She hadn't been just lazing about in camp, she had stayed as active as she was allowed, and now she had the confirmation. Her eyes softened after a brief moment.

"No, this is my kit..." The words sounded odd, coming from her. She had never imagined being a queen, a mother. At least, not yet. But here they were, and she had to ready herself sooner rather than later. "You're right, I've managed far worse before. Do you know how many? What all can you tell, before they're born? What is it like, will I be okay?..." She hesitated for a moment, looking towards the entrance of the medicine cat den. "Do you think Grousefrost will be excited?" Her voice was timid, almost shy as she asked the question.

A Bellyache Giphy
Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse

A Bellyache Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bellyache   A Bellyache EmptySat 5 Oct 2019 - 11:19

"All I can tell his that it's big and healthy," he promised. "And there's only one. Generally there's two or three, but you got lucky. One little fella for you to smother." Her next question was a little harder to answer. Though he was practical and hardened, Grousefrost wasn't exactly mean. He surely felt something for Goldengale. He was there when Brookclover died. It impacted him. He had... feelings.

"He'll be happy. He just might not show it. I'm sure he'll love this little guy with everything he has."
He became very quiet, deep in thought. Every flower grew taller and taller until it turned brown and returned to earth. A little flower was growing in Barleytuft's daughter. They were all turning brown around him. "Make sure you name it something cool. Stormkit or Firekit or something. Don't name it after a tree," he said, deadpan as ever.

A Bellyache TpKJUN0

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Bellyache Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bellyache   A Bellyache Empty

Back to top Go down

A Bellyache
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Camp :: WindClan Medicine Den-
Jump to: