Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Rising Daughters

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

Rising Daughters Empty
PostSubject: Rising Daughters   Rising Daughters EmptyMon 22 Jul 2019 - 7:15

The last several sunrises had held patrols for the gray and white warrior, and this one was no different. Having to hunt and patrol for two clans was certainly no easy task, but she jumped to the challenge, using her prowess as a hunter to provide as much as she could. It seemed all of the time she had spent out of camp avoiding having to watch Magpiepaw ignore her was paying off, as she worked tirelessly with little returns to camp for rest. Her apprentice had been working hard, and resting harder, but fatigue seemed to have set in. So she gave him the day off, and sought out a long-familiar pelt, one which even after all of this time made her feel safe and comforted like a kit again, despite the scars.

Padding over to the ShadowClan warrior, she purred. "Hey, mom.. I was going to go for a morning hunt, would you like to accompany me?" She smiled hopefully at the she-cat, her long fur ruffling lightly in the morning breeze as the sun cast it's long rays across the river-enclosed camp.

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Rising Daughters Giphy
Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Characters : Mutiny // Webkit // Roachkit
Clan/Rank : Loner // SC Kit // RC Kit
Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 894

Rising Daughters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rising Daughters   Rising Daughters EmptyWed 24 Jul 2019 - 17:25

The soft, sweet voice of Dappleshine drew Thornbriar's attention away from taking stock of the fresh-kill pile. A hint of a smile warmed her features as she gazed down at the pretty silver she-cat. She couldn't help but think of her as her daughter. Thornbriar may not have been the one to name or birth her, but Dappleshine was as much her kit as...

Well... you know.

Turning to fully face the Riverclan warrior, Thornbriar dipped her head slightly in greeting. "I would indeed." She purred roughly. Really, Dappleshine's timing couldn't be more perfect. Then again, almost any time to hunt was a perfect time right now she supposed... with a clan and a half occupying one territory, supplies were constantly low. Patrols would return with what little prey they could locate, only for it to quickly evaporate due to hungry kits and apprentices.

Most of the warriors had decided to ration the remaining prey into smaller portions among themselves, and others had simply opted to go hungry so the others would have more to eat.

The more prey they found, the better.

Nudging Dappleshine, Thornbriar followed her to the camp entrance. They hadn't really had a chance to speak now that she'd thought about it... not that Thornbriar was usually concerned with empty conversation just to "catch up." Dappleshine was a special circumstance.

That thought was what drove her to speak as the duo exited the camp, looking sideways at the she-cat beside her.

"How have things been, kit?"

★☆★ Take what you can ★☆★

Rising Daughters QNTjwT2

Mutiny  |  Webkit  |  Roachkit
Loner  |  Shadowclan Kit  |  Riverclan Kit
40/100  |  10/30  |  10/30

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat

Rising Daughters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rising Daughters   Rising Daughters EmptyMon 29 Jul 2019 - 7:49

Her smiled widened as Thornbriar readily agreed to the hunt, the ShadowClan warrior's rough purr thrusting her back to the memories of being a kit, curled helplessly at the she-cat's side. So much had happened in the time since, and Dappleshine couldn't wait to tell Thornbriar about all of it. A flash of Magpiepaw's face, followed by Raventail's, flit across her vision, and she hesitated. Maybe not quite everything. Returning the nudge as she led the way towards the camp entrance, Dappleshine was a little shocked as Thornbriar initiated the conversation, for as long as she had known her the she-cat had never been one for small talk, but it warmed her heart a little that Thornbriar had inquired about how things had been.

"They've been... Alright, for the most part. I've been keeping busy with patrols, hunting or border, and so much has happened. There's been good times, and there's been some... Pretty bad times." She rolled her shoulder, where light and thin scars crossed it, remembering the internal turmoil and the hunt that had led to them. "I'm still here though, in one piece, so that counts for something! I got to line my nest with the feathers of two different eagles, one I fought side-by-side with Jaystar and his apprentice and one I fought alone when it tried to steal a hare out of my mouth. I fought a dog, in the mountains, when I volunteered for that patrol to find the others... Dogs are pretty terrifying, aren't they? Wasppaw was the one to kill it, after... Her mother jumped in." Dappleshine trailed off, remembering that moment oh so clearly.

ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

Rising Daughters Giphy
Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Capricorn Cat

Rising Daughters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rising Daughters   Rising Daughters EmptyThu 1 Aug 2019 - 13:49

Thornbriar almost did a double take. She'd noticed the silver she-cat's new, semi-fresh scars but she hadn't thought...

Pride bloomed in her chest as she studied her daughter. "I haven't fought one myself, but I'm certain they are... and two eagles? ... I feel like I should have a talk with Scorchclaw about letting you patrol by yourself. You seem to have picked up my penchant for finding trouble, little kit." Humor felt almost alien to her lately, what with how serious their situation had become. It was almost relieving, being able to speak openly like this.

Recalling the days when Dappleshine wasn't even as tall as Thornbriar's shoulder, a question slipped into her mind. "I remember you being close with that scrawny skittish apprentice, but I haven't seen you around him since we arrived." The question remained unspoken, but it was obvious what she was asking.

Rising Daughters QNTjwT2

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

Rising Daughters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rising Daughters   Rising Daughters EmptyThu 1 Aug 2019 - 14:14

Surprise flashed in her eyes as Thornbriar admitted she'd never fought an eagle before. Meeting the one-eyed gaze of her beloved adopted mother, she smiled lightly. "Yep! Two of them! Hey, only one was while I was alone, and I worked hard to catch that hare! I'd let my ears be shredded before I gave it up to that fish-brained bird. It did try it's best to shred them, though." She purred as Thornbriar compared her to herself, a warm feeling of love and acceptance in her chest. "I picked up a lot from you, Thornbriar. I try to be like you sometimes, but I'm not that good at it... Sometimes in battle it comes out though."

As Thornbriar turned the conversation to Magpiepaw, Dappleshine blinked and took a slow, deep breath. She didn't flinch like she used to, and though her expression hardened a little it didn't fall like it would have before her last talk with Barleytuft and Raventail. "He's been avoiding me. I don't know what I did, but ever since my warrior ceremony he's barely looked me in the eyes. He doesn't patrol with me at all, and when I've tried to talk to him he walks away almost immediately." She shrugged her shoulders as she walked, looking down at the ground momentarily before looking back up in the direction they were walking. "So, I stopped trying to force him to talk to me. I figure that when he gets his head out of the reeds and wants to, he knows where to find me... Unless I'm on a patrol. Which I've been doing a lot of recently, it's easier than being in camp."

Rising Daughters Giphy
Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Capricorn Cat

Rising Daughters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rising Daughters   Rising Daughters EmptyThu 1 Aug 2019 - 14:56

She chuckled at Dappleshine's response. "You don't need to try, kit. You're already more like me than I'd like to admit. In fact I'm surprised you don't take more after Scorchclaw. You did well with that eagle by the looks of it though." However, at the mention of that little apprentice Thornbriar watched the young warrior's face harden.

The shadowclan warrior instinctually flexed her claws in preparation for the she-cat's coming words. Her own expression grew stony as her daughter explained the situation. She almost admired at how well the kit shielded her sadness, but Thornbriar knew. After all, a mother always knew.

At least, that's what she recalled her own mother saying back when she and her brother used to get into trouble as kits.

A mother always knows.

The memory of Snakegaze did nothing to improve the rising anger that had darkened her mood. She made a mental note to have a few words with the little mongrel the next time she had a moment. She resisted the urge to turn around and hunt him down. She mused that he would likely make good crowfood. For now though, she just silently let her tail brush over Dappleshine's in a comforting manner, her gaze softening ever so slightly. The kit shouldn't have to know the pain of rejection... in any form.

Rising Daughters QNTjwT2

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

Rising Daughters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rising Daughters   Rising Daughters EmptyThu 1 Aug 2019 - 15:13

As Thornbriar laid her tail comfortingly across her back, Dappleshine looked over at her and pressed her head to her shoulder for a brief moment. "I'm alright, really. It's been a few moons now, it was harder before I got to talk to some good friends. They helped me see that I wasn't the one that should always have to reach out, especially when he just walks away every time. So don't worry!" Pulling back to smile at her again, she felt the hole shrink a little more. She was fine, truly, the hole was still there, but it wasn't as bad as it had once been. She was moving on, and accepting that maybe things wouldn't go back to the way the had once been - but knowing deep in her heart that if Magpiepaw ever did reach out she would meet him halfway. A flurry of feathers caught her eye, and her stomach dropped. Stars, they had been out to hunt and she hadn't even been paying attention to her surroundings!

Letting her instincts take over, the gray warrior crouched before pouncing forward, landing cleanly on the pheasant they had startled. With a quick bite to the back of it's head, she stood, taking a deep breath before looking back at Thornbriar. "Wow, take a look at how big this is! This could feed several hungry apprentices." She smiled at her mother after she carried the large bird out of the reeds and into the path.

Dappleshine attempted to catch a Pheasant (Bird). Catch was a success! -3 SP.

Dappleshine:
60/60 HP
197/200 SP (-3)

Rising Daughters Giphy

Last edited by Mosspelt on Thu 1 Aug 2019 - 15:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15066

Rising Daughters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rising Daughters   Rising Daughters EmptyThu 1 Aug 2019 - 15:13

The member 'Mosspelt' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 2

Rising Daughters Mistpe10
Rising Daughters Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sponsored content

Rising Daughters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rising Daughters   Rising Daughters Empty

Back to top Go down

Rising Daughters
Page 1 of 1