Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Magpiekit's Apprentice Ceremony

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Transient

Transient

Characters : [B]eetlekit, Torrentstar, Tigerleaf, Hailpaw, Mao
Clan/Rank : [B] RiverClan
Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 1444

Magpiekit's Apprentice Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Magpiekit's Apprentice Ceremony   Magpiekit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptySun 16 Dec 2018 - 2:23

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the Willow Branch for a clan meeting!" In an instance, the quiet of the evening was broken.

Scorchclaw stood tall in the Willow Branch, his green eyes glimmering down upon the clearing. As another day drew to a close, it was time for another apprentice ceremony. The young cat of honor that evening was to be Magpiekit, one of Finchstream's litter. Sweeping his gaze across the approaching cats, the fluffy deputy tried to make out the particular tuxedo pelt. From what he had observed thus far, Magpiekit's personality was a little on the timid side. He would need a mentor that could bring out the best in him, and Scorchclaw knew that fact. He had given the matter plenty of consideration; the ceremony was all that was left now.

By the time the day ended, Magpiekit would be a 'paw ready to shoulder some of the responsibilities of clan life.
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: Magpiekit's Apprentice Ceremony   Magpiekit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyTue 25 Dec 2018 - 19:59

"B-but Mama, I don't want to be an apprentice!  I want to stay here in the nursery with you forever!"

Magpiekit's shrill voice bounced off of the reed-bound walls as Finchstream's grooming licks grew more and more hurried, Scorchclaw's call reminding the she-cat of their limited time.  Once again, like always when her small son expressed his many fears, the silver tabby queen smiled gently and nuzzled his cheek, a deep rumbling purr exhaling from her chest.  "I know you're scared my little feather, but I promise, you'll do just fine."

"B-but...what if I mess up during the ceremony?!  What do I do again...touch noses with my mentor?  What if my mentor doesn't like me?!  What if they're mean and loud, and...and scary!"  His skin crawling, the little tuxedo tom turned his face around coyly to gaze up at his mother with overly-round golden eyes.  "C-can't you be my mentor?"

"No Magpiekit, I can't mentor you."  The tiny tom's ears instantly flattened, but Finchstream quickly rose to her paws and dragged him into an embrace, burying his muzzle into her warm, comforting pelt.  "My role is to be your mother - and that's more than I could've ever asked for."  The silver tabby she-cat's identical golden eyes shimmering with emotion, she bent down and pressed her forehead against Magpiekit's, touching noses gently.

"And no matter what happens, I will always be here to love and comfort you...I promise."

Magpiekit followed Finchstream out of the nursery, shuddering slightly as his paws crossed the threshold between dark and daylight.  Would this be the last time he would ever sleep in the big nest with his mother and siblings, warm and cozy underneath the mountain of pelts?  He paused, wanting to gaze behind him for one last look, but his mother's fluffy gray tail ushered him away, out into the big wide clearing filled with big, scary cats.  In the last couple moons, Magpiekit had begun to grow a bit more comfortable out in the camp, but he still tried to avoid the warriors and apprentices.  Now though...he would be one of them!

Oh StarClan...help me!

They had walked all the way to the other side of camp, through the crowd - which he shrunk away from every time a cat tried to make eye contact - until his mother stopped and sat down, patting the vacant earth beside her.  The fur along his spine prickling nervously, the bi-color tom slowly sat down, and finally gazed up to see what stood in front of him.  The Willow Branch, and upon it, the deputy himself.  Scorchclaw.

Woah...

Back to top Go down
Transient

Transient

Characters : [B]eetlekit, Torrentstar, Tigerleaf, Hailpaw, Mao
Clan/Rank : [B] RiverClan
Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 1444

PostSubject: Re: Magpiekit's Apprentice Ceremony   Magpiekit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyWed 26 Dec 2018 - 1:00

Scorchclaw wasted no time in proceeding with the ceremony. "Magpiekit," He addressed the young tom, who was seated beside Finchstream, "step forward." The kit was clearly uneasy, and for a brief moment he tried to imagine himself in Magpiekit's place. Had he been fearful during his own ceremony? At any rate, it would be over soon enough. With a sweep of his tail, he cleared unnecessary thoughts from his mind. Once Magpiekit stood at the very front of the crowd, he continued. "Magpiekit, you have reached the age of six moons and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day onward until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Magpiepaw. Your mentor will be Adderfeather." As his best friend's name left his mouth, the large deputy couldn't help the swell of pride that followed. Despite the misgivings the fluffy gray warrior might have had, she was doing a wonderful job training Blossompaw. She was capable enough to handle a second apprentice. Her achievements were her own, and the thought brought him sincere joy.

As the ceremony drew to a close, Scorchclaw leaped off the Willow Branch, landing neatly.
Back to top Go down
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Characters : Kestrelpaw ♀ | Jaypaw ♂ | Hawkpaw ♂
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan Apprentice | RiverClan Apprentice | SkyClan Apprentice
Libra Cat
Number of posts : 3278

PostSubject: Re: Magpiekit's Apprentice Ceremony   Magpiekit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptySat 19 Jan 2019 - 10:18

Features creasing in a rather abstract manner that insinuated the fainted remnants of concern, Adderfeather's head tilted slightly as she watched the painfully hesitant behavior displayed by the newly-named Magpiepaw. It was quite strange to watch, for there was quite a large possibility that she hadn't ever witnessed a young cat react so strongly in such a manner. Briefly exchanging a glance with Scorchclaw, the molly did her best to smooth away the fiery tendrils of confusion and doubt as she leaned forth to brush noses with Magpiepaw, "I hope you're ready to begin your training!"

Magpiekit's Apprentice Ceremony Img_0312
current characters | semi-return from inactivity
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: Magpiekit's Apprentice Ceremony   Magpiekit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyTue 22 Jan 2019 - 13:51

Though he had been expecting it all morning, Magpiekit still froze in place when his name was called, vivid golden eyes wide as moons staring up at Scorchclaw with the same sort of terror one would see in the eyes of a cat facing down a fox; upon receiving a gentle encouraging nudge from his mother though, the small patched tom managed to rise to his feet and pad forward to stand below the Highrock, though his legs shook all the way.  Tilting his head towards the sky, the black-and-white kit blinked up at the deputy, his mouth curved into a fretful yet awed O shape; he was scared by what was about to occur, but being in the presence of one of the highest ranking cats in the clan caused an odd feeling to ripple down his spine.  He couldn't describe it, but he knew it felt...cool.  He listened carefully through pinned-back ears as the deputy gave him his new name; Magpiepaw.  Magpiepaw, Magpiepaw...oh StarClan, I hope I can remember that!  How embarrassing would it be if I didn't respond to my own name?  

For a moment he was so wrapped up in his own anxious musing he almost missed the more important announcement; who would be his mentor?  "A-Adderfeather?"  He whispered the name as his eyes flashed back down to the ground; had he met this warrior before?  He didn't think so...  Twisting around, he searched the crowd for his mentor, inwardly praying for his good fortune, until he heard footsteps coming up behind him.  Whipping around, he prepared to greet this cat with as natural of a smile he could manage, but instead felt himself flinch away, eyes quickly transitioning from interest to horror.  What...what happened to her eye?!  Where the gray she-cat's left eye should've been all that remained was a scarred, gaping hole.  It was like staring down into a dark tunnel, not knowing what was behind it, while also not wanting to ever find out...  He quickly realized that he had been staring, in shock, for far too long, and quickly focused himself back onto the other half of her face, the not-as-scary part.  Leaning forward he quickly bumped noses with Adderfeather - closing his eyes upon an instinct he hadn't wanted to submit to as her scarred socket drew closer - before backing away, shuffling his paws in the dust.  The only answer he could manage to her question was a reluctant nod, meeting her singular gaze for a heartbeat before turning away and trotting back over to his mother and siblings, the first of which greeting him with congratulatory cheers he barely heard.  She must be a crazy strong warrior, with an injury like that...oh StarClan, am I really ready for this?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magpiekit's Apprentice Ceremony   Magpiekit's Apprentice Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Magpiekit's Apprentice Ceremony
Page 1 of 1