Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

hollypaw's patrol [closed]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ruska

ruska

Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 1022

hollypaw's patrol [closed] Empty
PostSubject: hollypaw's patrol [closed]   hollypaw's patrol [closed] EmptySat Dec 08, 2018 4:36 pm

Tansyheart made her way over to the apprentice den and poked her head inside. "Hollypaw," she called. "It's time to get going. We're going on patrol, we've got lots to do before nightfall!" She withdrew from the den and trotted towards the camp entrance. Wrapping her tail over her paws, she settled to wait for her newest apprentice.

rainpaw | shadowclan | apprentice | 1c9795
Back to top Go down
lemon
Former Staff
Former Staff
lemon

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 1305

PostSubject: Re: hollypaw's patrol [closed]   hollypaw's patrol [closed] EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 11:58 am

Hollypaw was glad she had received a driven mentor. At least it gave her something to do. The apprentice had been up all night, staring at the roof of the apprentice's den, wondering about something or the other. Overall, Hollypaw was thoroughly disappointed with the lack of stimulation this life had provided her brain so far. There has to be something more...

But luckily, Tansyheart's call had broke her thought process, and Hollypaw was glad to be given a task. After a quick grooming, the black and white she-cat padded out of the den, a little slow with her lack of sleep.
"I'm guessing hunting?" Hollypaw mewed dryly, casting a glance past the camp walls and into the forest. "Or maybe a border patrol?"
What else is there to do? Hollypaw asked herself, already bored with today. Glancing at her mentor, the she-cat decided she'd focus on Tansyheart today. Who are you? Hollypaw thought. Wondering what events this cat took part in, those that had transpired before the apprentice's time.

Loachkit
of RiverClan
Kit
10 HP / 30 SP

active thursday - sunday

read about my cats below

(updated on days listed above)
lemon's sourcats

Back to top Go down
ruska

ruska

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: hollypaw's patrol [closed]   hollypaw's patrol [closed] EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 5:18 pm

Tansyheart frowned. "Yes, hunting," she replied. Hollypaw's attitude was a bit concerning... so far, the apprentice had yet to show much respectfulness to her mentor. Perhaps it was just the young she-cat's habit, though, and she truly didn't mean to be rude. Time would tell how Hollypaw would turn out.

The dark-pelted warrior led Hollypaw out of camp, casting a glance up at the rapidly darkening sky. "We don't have any time to waste today." She picked up the pace, trotting briskly through ShadowClan territory until she reached a suitable hunting spot. "This will simply be your introduction to hunting, Hollypaw. Don't worry if you don't make many catches tonight, we'll go out again soon when I can teach you proper technique. For now, though, you'll just have to watch carefully what I do and give me your best effort. The Clan must be fed and Nightfall is coming." This being said, Tansyheart paused for a moment to sniff the air. She quickly caught the scent of a shrew, which she found scuffling at the base of a tree. She glanced back at Hollypaw, and once she was content that the apprentice was watching her, she lowered herself into a hunting crouch and pounced.

She winced as she came down, having realized in midair that she had mistimed her leap. The mouse's tail slipped between her paws, and her quarry was out of sight before she could give chase. "That was a bad example," she regretfully informed her apprentice. "Now see if you can do better."

Last edited by Ruskavelle on Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15023

PostSubject: Re: hollypaw's patrol [closed]   hollypaw's patrol [closed] EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 5:18 pm

Le membre 'Ruskavelle' a effectué l'action suivante : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 9

hollypaw's patrol [closed] Mistpe10
hollypaw's patrol [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
lemon
Former Staff
Former Staff
lemon

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 1305

PostSubject: Re: hollypaw's patrol [closed]   hollypaw's patrol [closed] EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 7:36 pm

(ooc: lol thanks for putting up with angsty hollypaw, also heck me dice)

Hollypaw noticed her mentor's frown and her ear twitched. Interesting. Judging by Tansyheart's reaction, she was most likely driven by emotions. As are most cats in the clan... Hollypaw told herself, trailing after Tansyheart through the pine forest. This wasn't the cat's first time as a mentor, that was obvious to Hollypaw. The way she spoke and acted, this was a cat with experience. Hollypaw took note of the tall pine trees around them, the boggy ground and marshy soil. It wasn't a new feeling. Admittedly, the apprentice had found her own way out of camp a few moons back, but she guessed Tansyheart wouldn't take lightly to her "adventures."

When Tansyheart dropped into a crouch, Hollypaw watched with interest. While the she-cat believed her intellect far surpassed her clanmates, she was lacking in the physical portion. As much as the black and white apprentice hated to admit it, it was important to learn a hunting crouch. Hollypaw cocked her head when the mouse Tansyheart was after slipped between her paws.

Stress maybe? The apprentice assumed. No, something...deeper. It was strange that Hollypaw found so much interest in other cat's lives. She found that digging through their emotions was...interesting. And as there was nothing else to occupy her brain with, the black and white apprentice found joy in learning others' secrets. No matter what her clanmates thought of her.
"Whatever happened to your past apprentices?" Hollypaw inquired, claws digging into the bog. What secrets are you hiding?

The apprentice's train of thought was broken by a small lizard, scuttling through the leaf mulch a few tail lengths away. Abandoning the question with a sigh, Hollypaw attempted to mimic Tansyheart's crouch, and crawled over to the slimy prey.

Hollypaw's long fur stood on end as screech tore through the sky and an owl swooped down in front of the apprentice, long talons scraping her back, leaving her reeling. Hollypaw hissed with pain and confusion, desperately trying to put sights on the bird. Calm down. You're with Tansyheart. It's not logical for the bird to take you away. Out of pure instinct, Hollypaw reached out and swiped at the bird's talons as it pulled itself into the sky. Contact.

Satisfaction tore through Hollypaw as the owl flew up through the trees, only to make a long sweep and dive back down. Hollypaw flashed a glance to Tansyheart, eyes glazed with pain and shock, hoping she'd interpret the situation. I can't do this alone...

Owl used Talon Strike on Hollypaw, dealing 10 damage and costing 10 stamina.
Hollypaw used Front Paw Strike on Owl, dealing 6 damage and costing 10 stamina.

Hollypaw:
HP: 10/20
SP: 70/80

Owl:
HP: 44/50
SP: 110/120

Loachkit
of RiverClan
Kit
10 HP / 30 SP

active thursday - sunday

read about my cats below

(updated on days listed above)
lemon's sourcats

Last edited by lemongrass on Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15023

PostSubject: Re: hollypaw's patrol [closed]   hollypaw's patrol [closed] EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 7:36 pm

The member 'lemongrass' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 10

hollypaw's patrol [closed] Mistpe10
hollypaw's patrol [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
ruska

ruska

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: hollypaw's patrol [closed]   hollypaw's patrol [closed] EmptySun Dec 30, 2018 4:45 am

SORRY FOR SUCH A LONG DELAY!! if you didn't see my announcement, i'll be quite busy for the next few weeks but feel free to pm me or @ me on discord when it's my turn to post!!

Tansyheart chuckled. Hollypaw was a little bit unnerving, and that would take some getting used to. It seemed that her newest apprentice was the prying type. In this case, it couldn't hurt to indulge the apprentice. As she started following the trail of a lizard, the warrior began to quietly describe her former apprentices. "Well, I've had many apprentices in my warriorhood. First, I trained Raggedpaw." She tilted her head, trying to remember. "He died soon after we began training, unfortunately. Next, I trained Dawnbreeze, who regrettably joined StarClan soon after receiving her warrior name." Surely it wouldn't hurt to give the apprentice a little bit of her history. "After Dawnbreeze came Minkpaw. She was very close to becoming a warrior." Minkpaw had been a joy to train, a very enjoyable if timid young cat. Tansyheart greatly regretted her passing. She took a breath and continued, failing to mention Minkpaw's end. "Redwing was also my apprentice, you know her. And now, there's you." She offered a small smile to Hollypaw, although her previous enthusiasm was plagued with the sadness of memories.

"I've helped train plenty of other apprentices, of course, but only minimally. Patrols and-" She was cut off by the loud screech of an owl. Her fur stood on end and every muscle in her body tensed as the owl flashed down at Hollypaw and struck her hard with its talons before Tansyheart even had the chance to react. As her apprentice flashed her a look that told a whole story of emotion and fear, she leapt into action. The owl was swooping back down now, and she took advantage of the fact that it hadn't noticed her yet. She crept closer as the beast approached, and at the last second she hurled herself into its path. Pushing up onto her hind legs, she pummled it mercilessly with her front paws as it stopped its descent and pulled back up.

As it retreated, she readied her stance again. It surely wasn't done with them yet.

Tansyheart used Upright Front Paws on the owl, dealing 13 damage and costing 20 stamina.

Hollypaw
10/20 HP
70/80 SP

Owl
31/50 HP
110/120 HP

Tansyheart
60/60 HP
180/200 SP

(just lower the hp to half and it will fly away unless you want to kill it)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hollypaw's patrol [closed]   hollypaw's patrol [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

hollypaw's patrol [closed]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Territory-
Jump to: