Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Today's the Day (Closed)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Characters : (P)Petalpaw (B)Barkkit (S)Sunkit
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 3341

Today's the Day (Closed) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today's the Day (Closed)   Today's the Day (Closed) - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Oct 2018 - 12:23

OOC: Only the person who roles the 10 role-plays the eagle, by the way. I didn't explain that and I see how some of the stuff I wrote could be misinterpreted to mean to opposite, so it's not your fault. I'll just not have it attack in this post to make up for it.

"Watch out!" Swoopnose shouted, but it was too late. The eagle had its talons around Flintpaw's shoulders. For an agonizing moment, he thought the huge bird was going to lift the apprentice away, but quickly saw that it was only an attack meant to weaken him. Soon, the younger tom seemed to be fighting back, much to the warrior's relief. If this was at all similar as what happened to Oakberry, he didn't know what he would do. That thought fueling some sort of adrenaline, he launched himself into the air, claws crashing into the high up bird and sending it crashing to the ground. For once, he was actually glad for his SkyClan blood. Blood welled around his claws as he landed on top of the huge bird, and was quickly thrown off as it soared back into the air. Yet somehow, adrenaline stopped him from feeling any pain or drowsiness. 

Swoopnose used Jumping Strike on Eagle, dealing 14 damage and costing 20 stamina.

Swoopnose:
60/80
200/240

Eagle:
25/60
170/200

OOC: Sorry for the short post. Also, you can choose to take it down to half health or less and chase it away or take it to none and kill it for prey. Which do you want?

Today's the Day (Closed) - Page 2 Signat10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Today's the Day (Closed)   Today's the Day (Closed) - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Oct 2018 - 7:26

OOC: oh lol whoops! thanks for being patient with me ;) and hmmm...maybe we'll catch it? that would make a cool story!

Flintpaw breathed as he watched Swoopnose leap into the air, time seemed to stop as he raked his claws across the bird.
Whoa! The gray tabby thought, stumbling in his tracks. The apprentice's moment of wonder was taken over as the rush of pain flooded back, leaving him gasping for air. Flintpaw's vision grew fuzzy and the earth seemed to swell around him. But a shadow overhead brought the tabby back to his senses.
The eagle was swooping towards him, talons outstretched. I don't want to be taken away! Flintpaw realized in a panic. Squeezing his eyes closed, the tom launched his paws into the air, claws outstretched, praying they would hook on something.
The apprentice felt a tug in his claws and was satisfied when opening his eyes, saw that he has several feathers stuck between them. Flintpaw laughed, either out of pain or out of exhilaration, he didn't know. Ears roaring with blood, he shifted his gaze to Swoopnose, wondering the eagle's next move.

Flintpaw used Front Paw Strike on Eagle, dealing 6 damage and costing 10 stamina.

Flintpaw:
10/20 HP
60/80 SP

Eagle:
19/60 HP
170/200 SP
Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Today's the Day (Closed)   Today's the Day (Closed) - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Oct 2018 - 12:24

The eagle didn't like how the cats were attacking it. Screeching in a high pitched display of pain, the bird felt blood begin to well and feathers rip off where the cats had attacked it. For a few moments, it seemed like it was about to just give up and fly away, but instead it readied itself for another attack. Beady eyes focused on the warrior, it dove towards him with talons outstretched. With a swift swipe, it slashed right through the fur and flesh on the tom's back, painted its talons crimson. However, before it could fly back up into the sky, the cat fought back. 
Swoopnose let out a hiss of pain as the eagle attacked him, feeling its talons slash tears into his back. Somehow it managed to graze the part that was already wounded as well, adding extra sensitivity to to the injury. Though his back burned like a forest fire, he didn't let that discourage him. Flintpaw needed to be protected, and he wouldn't let his apprentice die on his watch. Once again leaping up onto his hind legs, he did his best to ignore the searing agony that was shooting up his spine. A good warrior pushed past pain, and he could do that. He had a job to do. Determination and adrenaline burned within him, and he rose his two front paws high into the air above the birds head. The eagle was obviously getting tired, and he knew exactly how to use that to his advantage. Very suddenly, he transitioned all of his weight into his front paws and brought them down on top of the creature's head, smashing it into the ground with a loud thud. Though very stunned, the bird was not dead. In fact, it was already preparing to fly back into the air for a dizzied escape. This bird could be caught and fed to the clan still, but he wasn't going to kill it in time. But his apprentice could. "Flintpaw! Finish it!"

Eagle used Talon Strike on Swoopnse, dealing 10 damage and costing 10 stamina.
Swoopnose used Upright Lock on Eagle, dealing 16 damage and costing 25 stamina.

Swoopnose:
50/80
175/240

Eagle:
3/60
160/200

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Today's the Day (Closed)   Today's the Day (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Oct 2018 - 19:23

Swoopnose's command came as a blur. Adrenaline coursed through Flintpaw as he swung his head around to face his mentor, nodding in understanding. Blinking in a haze, the gray tabby tore his gaze away from Swoopnose and looked toward the sky, watching as the eagle shakily made his way off the ground. I can do this... The apprentice told himself, panting heavily.
The open wounds that criss-crossed his shoulders burned like fire, and his heart was tired from fighting. Flintpaw thought back to when he was a kit, and he'd come to the elders to hear stories about battle and glory. But the apprentice never imagined it'd be like this. This hurt... This was scary... He wondered how the great warrior cats of old put up with it. There was nothing fun about battle, and where was the glory? Was it during the heat of a fight, when the open flame of a wound drove you on? Was it in a battle cry after wounding your opponent, and watching him retreat for home?
Flintpaw thought to himself, and wondered what part of this he liked the best. It certainly wasn't seeing his mentor get hurt, and it certainly wasn't having a giant bird rip junks of fur from his pelt. He did think it was glorious to open a gash in the eagle with claws of his own. And he did like the feeling of winning, seeing that bird get trampled by his mentor. But I want to bring it down... Flintpaw thought with a grin. Elders will tell stories about Swoopnose and I for ages!

The apprentice gasped and was brought back to reality as a shadow overtook him. The eagle was making an escape, and the fear Flintpaw had felt came rushing back. I have to do this, I have to do this... The gray tabby thought, desperately trying to think of a way to bring the bird to the ground.
With a grunt, the apprentice launched himself off of the forest floor and propelled a paw forward, snagging on the eagle's wing. He yowled in surprise as the bird came crashing down on top of him, burying him in the dirt. In a flurry of feathers and fur, Flintpaw's claws snagged on something, and the eagle fell still.

Flintpaw shakily found his footing, his eyes trained on the bird whose blood they had spilled on the forest floor. Slowly, he shifted his gaze to Swoopnose, chuckling. "We did it..." The apprentice breathed, his chuckle growing to a full laugh. "Haha...We… ha...We did it...hahaha!" A smile rose on Flintpaw's face from ear to ear. "Wait 'til I tell my sisters about this! Swoopnose we did it!! Thunderclan is gonna eat for a moon!"
The gray tabby limped over to Swoopnose, taking a seat beside him, never taking his eyes off the eagle they had grounded. He turned toward his mentor and grinned, eyes shining brilliantly. "Thanks..." He panted. And thank Starclan... Flintpaw thought, winking at the sky.

Flintpaw used Front Paw Strike on Eagle, dealing 6 damage and costing 10 stamina.

Flintpaw:
10/20 HP
50/80 SP

Eagle:
0/60 HP
160/200 SP
Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Today's the Day (Closed)   Today's the Day (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Oct 2018 - 12:17

"Great job," Swoopnose panted, looking down at the dead eagle with a unfocused look in his eyes. They had won. But knowing himself, he knew it would be wise to let himself calm down a bit after the fight. Once his heart rate had gone down and he had stopped panting as hard, the pain from his wounds finally registered. Wincing, he shook his head and looked back at Flintpaw, smiling with pride at the apprentice's glee. It was good for him to have good memories of their first day training. "You did a great job, I'm proud of you. Now come on, we need to get back to back to camp and get our wounds checked out. And this eagle too. I'll take the head and you carry the tail. Once, again, you did a really good job." Giving the younger tom a pleased smile, he picked up the bird by its neck, clenching his jaw at the fiery pain that erupted in his back as he bent over. Though it did hurt, showing pain to his apprentice wouldn't be worth be it. Especially since he was actually quite proud of their training session that day, and didn't want the tom to be worried about him. At least neither of them got seriously injured. Remembering that his apprentice probably hadn't ever got injuries nearly as bad as these ones, he realized that it might be painful for him to have to carry the bird with him as they walked back. Just walking back on its own would be a challenge. "You know what, I'll just carry the eagle on my own. You just take it easy on our way back and try not to open your wounds too much." Looking back, he gave the young tom a reassuring smile. "Ready?"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Today's the Day (Closed)   Today's the Day (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri 19 Oct 2018 - 8:33

Flintpaw purred at the sound of praise from his mentor, but was quickly put out when he remembered the long walk back to camp the two needed to make. He watched as Swoopnose lifted the eagle from the ground, and started off in the direction toward camp. "I'm ready..." Flintpaw breathed, limping after his mentor. His wounds had now succeeded to a dull throb, the pain toned down as the tabby now had to focus on the straining task of walking. His whole body felt tired, and with every step, Flintpaw felt as if he could collapse from exhaustion. The tom lifted his head to glance at Swoopnose, and noticed that his mentor was struggling as well. With a pang of sympathy, Flintpaw realized that carrying that huge bird must be very strenuous for the cat.

"I can help you!" The apprentice gasped, stumbling to reach Swoopnose's side. Flintpaw shouldered his way under the rump of the bird, which had been dragging in the grass. He gasped as his wounds brushed against the bird's feathers, bringing the pain rushing back again. Wincing, the two trotted back through the forest, exhausted and hurt. An unexpected smile grew on the apprentice's face as they neared camp. Wait 'til Thunderclan hears about this... Flintpaw thought, breathing heavily. I wonder what eagle tastes like?

Content, he lifted his head as high as his wounds would allow, and grinned, proud to be a Thunderclanner, and looking forward for what was to come.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today's the Day (Closed)   Today's the Day (Closed) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Today's the Day (Closed)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2