Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Chance to Prove Themselves

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Characters : (a) Sparkfire, (b) Honeysong, (c) Bubblepaw
Clan/Rank : (a) ShadowClan - Tier 4 Warrior, (b) ShadowClan - Tier 1 Medicine Cat, (c) RiverClan - Apprentice
Aquarius Rat
Number of posts : 4118

A Chance to Prove Themselves Empty
PostSubject: A Chance to Prove Themselves   A Chance to Prove Themselves EmptyThu 28 Dec 2017 - 9:43

While he may have been stalking back and forth in front of the camp entrance impatiently if he hadn't changed his ways, Scorchfang sat calmly by the entrance with his bushy tail wrapped neatly around his paws. Today was the first day of Brownpaw's training, and he wanted to assure her that she didn't need to worry about bending over backwards to please him, or that she was running behind in beginning her training.

He was still very surprised that Magpiestar elected him to raise and teach a young cat the ways of ShadowClan life after everything he had done, but he was relieved that his leader was still giving him a chance to prove himself as a good mentor and a good ShadowClan warrior. He promised to make his Clan proud of him by doing the best he could to raise Brownpaw into a fine warrior, even better than one he could ever be himself. He would even try to request for her to be named Browntalon, remembering the game he played with her and Foxkit back when he was still a grumpy apprentice. He smiled at the thought.

Honeysong the ShadowClan Queen ~ #3bbb9d
Bubblekit the RiverClan Apprentice ~ #8ebb7b

Current Events
Sparkfire has returned to ShadowClan with her mate Honeysong and her adopted son Softkit.
Honeysong has followed Sparkfire back to ShadowClan and has given up her medicine cat title.
Bubblepaw has begun her training under her mother and mentor Flashlight.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Sam

Sam

Characters : (S)Sparkpaw l (D) Dustpaw l (B) Brownpaw {Dead}
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 318

PostSubject: Re: A Chance to Prove Themselves   A Chance to Prove Themselves EmptyThu 28 Dec 2017 - 12:48

Brownpaw got up and walked out of her new den. She saw her mentor, Scorchfang, and walked up to him. "So what are we learning today?" She asked.

Dustpaw-Shadowclan Apprentice-#663300 ll Sparkpaw-Thunderclan Apprentice-#ff9900 ll Rainpaw-Riverclan Apprentice ll Raccoonkit- Riverclan kit ll Hollykit- Skyclan kit
A Chance to Prove Themselves Sig10
Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Clan/Rank : (a) ShadowClan - Tier 4 Warrior, (b) ShadowClan - Tier 1 Medicine Cat, (c) RiverClan - Apprentice
Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: A Chance to Prove Themselves   A Chance to Prove Themselves EmptyThu 28 Dec 2017 - 13:57

"Well, it is leaf-bare, so I figured we could start with hunting practice," Scorchfang replied. He stood up and gestured for Brownpaw to follow after him as he slipped through the entrance of the camp and padded out into ShadowClan's frosty territory.

(OOC: I just wanted to double-check, but do you know how the hunting and battle systems work?)

Current Events
Sparkfire has returned to ShadowClan with her mate Honeysong and her adopted son Softkit.
Honeysong has followed Sparkfire back to ShadowClan and has given up her medicine cat title.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Sam

Sam

Sagittarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: A Chance to Prove Themselves   A Chance to Prove Themselves EmptyThu 28 Dec 2017 - 15:12

Brownpaw followed Scorchfang out of the camp into the cold territory. At this time, learning how to hunt would be the best choice. Even at her age, she knew how scarce the prey was during leafbare.

OOC: Uhh kind of. I mean a little guidance would help.

Dustpaw-Shadowclan Apprentice-#663300 ll Sparkpaw-Thunderclan Apprentice-#ff9900 ll Rainpaw-Riverclan Apprentice ll Raccoonkit- Riverclan kit ll Hollykit- Skyclan kit
Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: A Chance to Prove Themselves   A Chance to Prove Themselves EmptyThu 28 Dec 2017 - 15:57

Scorchfang stopped in a wide part of the pine forest and turned back to Brownpaw. "Alright, let me show you first how hunting is done. Then I'll help you perfect your hunting crouch, and finally I'll let you try to hunt for something yourself. Now, you've got to be quiet and stealthy when you stalk your prey, and you need to be sure to stay downwind of it so it can't smell you."

Scorchfang crouched down, his belly level with the rest of his body and his tail straight out. After taking a few moments to smell the air he finally detected the scent of mouse. He then proceeded to slowly stalk towards the little brown creature scouring through the snow once he spotted it. Once he was close enough, he leaped, keeping his back straight. He landed squarely on the mouse's back before it could detect his presence, the force of his land snapping its spine and swiftly ending its life. He picked it up in his teeth and padded back to where Brownpaw waited, deopsiting the fresh-kill next to him. "Just like that!"

(OOC: Alright, then. So, you'll want to use this page here to help you with your hunt. You choose any prey you want to hunt, and you roll what's called Hunting Dice to see if you catch it. To activate Hunting Dice, you click on "Post Reply" next to "New Topic", which can be found above the title of the topic, and look at the blue bar underneath the text box. There you'll find a drop box entitled "Dices roll #1:". Select "Hunting Dice" and submit your post, then edit your post again according to if you caught your prey or not. I hope I explained this well enough for you. If you have any other questions or are confused about something just let me know. :3)

Current Events

PitaPata Cat tickers

Last edited by Yoshachu on Thu 28 Dec 2017 - 15:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15121

PostSubject: Re: A Chance to Prove Themselves   A Chance to Prove Themselves EmptyThu 28 Dec 2017 - 15:57

The member 'Yoshachu' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 1

A Chance to Prove Themselves Mistpe10
A Chance to Prove Themselves Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sam

Sam

Sagittarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: A Chance to Prove Themselves   A Chance to Prove Themselves EmptyFri 29 Dec 2017 - 8:29

Brownpaw copied what Scorchfang did after he was done. However, before she pounced, leaves rustled in front of her. She sniffed. It was a mouse. She started stalking it. She stopped when it was 2 tails length away.

Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: A Chance to Prove Themselves   A Chance to Prove Themselves EmptyFri 29 Dec 2017 - 12:04

Scorchfang watched carefully, nodding at the apprentice's crouch. Her posture could use some work, but she was sure to keep her tail or belly fur from brushing the snow below and alerting her presence to the prey. "That's it. Now jump!"

Current Events

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Sam

Sam

Sagittarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: A Chance to Prove Themselves   A Chance to Prove Themselves EmptyFri 29 Dec 2017 - 12:22

Brownpaw pounced towards the mouse and landed on it. She quickly killed the mouse with her bite.

OOC: Did I do that right?

Last edited by sam20055 on Fri 29 Dec 2017 - 12:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: A Chance to Prove Themselves   A Chance to Prove Themselves EmptyFri 29 Dec 2017 - 12:22

The member 'sam20055' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3
Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: A Chance to Prove Themselves   A Chance to Prove Themselves EmptyFri 29 Dec 2017 - 14:02

Scorchfang's eyes glowed. "Well done! You've caught your very first prey, and on your first try, too. You're going to become an amazing warrior." He approached Brownpaw to nuzzle behind her ear. "Let's you and I see if we can catch two more together, and after that we can begin battle training. Now, you've gotta stay really close to me so I can hear you. During leaf-bare, predators get very hungry, so if you encounter one you do your very best to stay out of the fight; only join in if absolutely necessary. Do you understand?"

(OOC: Perfect!)

Current Events

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Sam

Sam

Sagittarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: A Chance to Prove Themselves   A Chance to Prove Themselves EmptyFri 29 Dec 2017 - 18:18

Brownpaw nodded and said, "I'll make sure I don't go too far away.". She sniffed and walked around a bit, trying to find prey. She could smell a frog. She went down and started stalking the prey. With a swift pounce, she jumped on and killed the frog.

Last edited by sam20055 on Fri 29 Dec 2017 - 18:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: A Chance to Prove Themselves   A Chance to Prove Themselves EmptyFri 29 Dec 2017 - 18:18

The member 'sam20055' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5

Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: A Chance to Prove Themselves   A Chance to Prove Themselves EmptyFri 29 Dec 2017 - 20:15

Scorchfang made absolutely sure to keep Brownpaw in his peripheral vision as he stalked a shrew. He unsheathed his claws as he pounced at it. He landed on its back and nipped the back of its head, then placed it next to Brownpaw's freshly caught mouse and resumed searching for one last rodent or reptile.

Current Events

PitaPata Cat tickers

Last edited by Yoshachu on Fri 29 Dec 2017 - 20:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: A Chance to Prove Themselves   A Chance to Prove Themselves EmptyFri 29 Dec 2017 - 20:15

The member 'Yoshachu' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Chance to Prove Themselves   A Chance to Prove Themselves Empty

Back to top Go down

A Chance to Prove Themselves
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next