Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

let the kids be kids

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6041

let the kids be kids Empty
PostSubject: let the kids be kids   let the kids be kids EmptyFri 24 Nov 2017 - 13:02

Emberpaw waited by the camp entrance, stretched out just a little. Was what she was planning even allowed? ...Probably not. But she was reckless and rarely thought things through, and certainly hadn't bothered to check before deciding on this. She just wanted to act like the apprentice she was, and forget about all her self-doubt for a little while.

She knew that hunting alone was dangerous - she had learned that much during her assessment - but this wasn't alone, so it was objectively less dangerous. Besides, it was an opportunity to make more friends - she had bonded with Heatherpaw, and certainly considered the apprentice her first (only) friend, but having just one cat she considered a friend out of the entire Clan was a little depressing. And besides, her success there made her willing to try again.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3

Last edited by Holly on Sat 25 Nov 2017 - 18:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Characters : (a) Sparkfire, (b) Honeysong, (c) Bubblepaw
Clan/Rank : (a) ShadowClan - Tier 4 Warrior, (b) ShadowClan - Tier 1 Medicine Cat, (c) RiverClan - Apprentice
Aquarius Rat
Number of posts : 4118

PostSubject: Re: let the kids be kids   let the kids be kids EmptySat 25 Nov 2017 - 12:10

Heatherpaw approached Emberpaw with her tail raised happily in the air. She seemed to carry herself with confidence rather than timidity; ever since her trip to the Moonstone she seemed more sure of herself. Well, most of the time anyway. She rubbed her cheek against her best friend's in greeting. "Hi, Emberpaw! I heard about that owl you caught the other day. That was absolutely incredible!"

Honeysong the ShadowClan Queen ~ #3bbb9d
Bubblekit the RiverClan Apprentice ~ #8ebb7b

Current Events
Sparkfire has returned to ShadowClan with her mate Honeysong and her adopted son Softkit.
Honeysong has followed Sparkfire back to ShadowClan and has given up her medicine cat title.
Bubblepaw has begun her training under her mother and mentor Flashlight.

PitaPata Cat tickers

Last edited by Yoshachu on Tue 28 Nov 2017 - 8:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: let the kids be kids   let the kids be kids EmptySat 25 Nov 2017 - 16:29

Emberpaw purred as her best (and only, but she didn't like remembering that part) friend joined her, and couldn't help the way her eyes lit up at Heatherpaw's words. "You heard about that, huh? What exactly did you hear?" She had been so caught up in planning this, she hadn't paid much attention to the Clan's gossiping. But she had to admit that she was curious about what they thought of the incident. Heatherpaw especially, since she seemed impressed.

Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Clan/Rank : (a) ShadowClan - Tier 4 Warrior, (b) ShadowClan - Tier 1 Medicine Cat, (c) RiverClan - Apprentice
Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: let the kids be kids   let the kids be kids EmptySat 25 Nov 2017 - 16:35

"Some of the apprentices told their friends how Specklefang watched you nearly single-pawed take down an owl when it attacked you during your assessment," she replied. "She seemed to be very impressed with you if she decided to tell other cats about your accomplishment. Of course, I was away at the Moonstone with Leopardclaw while this happened, so I didn't get to see it for myself." Her eyes suddenly narrowed playfully. "Hey, maybe you should catch another one just so I can see you do it for myself!"

Current Events
Sparkfire has returned to ShadowClan with her mate Honeysong and her adopted son Softkit.
Honeysong has followed Sparkfire back to ShadowClan and has given up her medicine cat title.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: let the kids be kids   let the kids be kids EmptySat 25 Nov 2017 - 16:46

Emberpaw shuddered. "Sorry, but I don't think I ever want to repeat that experience. It was terrifying." She knew her friend was joking, really she did, but... There had been a point during her assessment when she honestly thought she wouldn't make it back alive - just before Specklefang had stepped in. "Oh, that's right! That's why I couldn't find you when I got back," Emberpaw nodded to herself - the pieces were fitting together now. "You were the first one I wanted to tell about it."

Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: let the kids be kids   let the kids be kids EmptySat 25 Nov 2017 - 16:58

"Oops, sorry, didn't mean to spook you like that." Heatherpaw's gaze brightened. "Aww, that's so nice of you! Well, even if we can't catch another owl, we can still hunt other prey. Is that what you're standing here for? Is someone else taking you hunting while Specklefang recovers from that badger attack?"

Current Events

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: let the kids be kids   let the kids be kids EmptySat 25 Nov 2017 - 17:09

"I was thinking about having a few apprentices go out hunting. Originally I was gonna do it alone, but after the owl... I get why it's dangerous. But if there's more of us we'll be fine, right?" she pointed out. "After all, even though I wasn't exactly okay I almost took down the owl on my own, right? So if there's two or three or four of us, we'll be fine for sure, and if something happens we can take care of it. What do you think?"

Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: let the kids be kids   let the kids be kids EmptySat 25 Nov 2017 - 17:25

"Well, I definitely need to work on my hunting skills, so would it be okay if I came with you?" Heatherpaw swished her tail eagerly behind her. She suddenly looked a little sheepish, ducking her head a little. "And, uh, if no other apprentice wants to come with, could just the two of us go together?"

Current Events

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: let the kids be kids   let the kids be kids EmptySat 25 Nov 2017 - 17:55

"Sure! I think between you and me we'll do just fine," Emberpaw agreed. "Should we head out, then?"

ooc: i swear the next post won't be depressingly small

Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: let the kids be kids   let the kids be kids EmptySat 25 Nov 2017 - 18:07

Heatherpaw nodded excitedly. "Ready when you are!" With her tail raised high in the air, she trotted out of the camp with her best friend by her side. She wouldn't say it out loud, but she was glad just the two of them were going hunting together alone. She really wanted to spend more time with her.

Current Events

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: let the kids be kids   let the kids be kids EmptySat 25 Nov 2017 - 18:26

"So, how was your moonstone journey?" Emberpaw asked conversationally as she scanned the territory for prey, not seeing anything that caught her eye just yet. Well, she did see a bird, but made a point of ignoring it - the last time she had pounced for a bird had been her asessment, after all. Regardless, her question to her friend didn't come out of nowhere - she had certainly noticed the change in the way Heatherpaw carried herself.

Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: let the kids be kids   let the kids be kids EmptySat 25 Nov 2017 - 18:33

"Well... I don't know if I'm allowed to say anything about my dreams with StarClan... oh, but I can't help it!" The sandy-colored apprentice gave a little excited leap. "I actually met a genuine StarClan warrior! Her name was Flowerpetal and she was a RiverClan warrior, but she gave me such valuable advice on how to be confident. Also, it helps that I've proven myself a worthy warrior in StarClan's eyes, so I know I'm already doing well as a warrior in ThunderClan's eyes. I mean, no one kicked me out yet..."

Her ears perked at a sudden scampering in the undergrowth, and moments later a white rabbit bolted out from the bushes. She broke into a sprint and chased after it. It was too quick for her, however, and it dived into a warren. She skidded to a halt over the snowy leaves and lashed her tail in frustration. She knew fully well she was possibly the worst hunter in ThunderClan, only ever having caught a piece of fresh-kill once during her entire apprenticeship. She looked back at Emberpaw, ducking her head in embarrassment. "Sorry for losing it like that..."

Current Events

PitaPata Cat tickers

Last edited by Yoshachu on Tue 28 Nov 2017 - 8:47; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15072

PostSubject: Re: let the kids be kids   let the kids be kids EmptySat 25 Nov 2017 - 18:33

The member 'Yoshachu' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 7

let the kids be kids Mistpe10
let the kids be kids Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: let the kids be kids   let the kids be kids EmptySat 25 Nov 2017 - 18:40

Emberpaw snorted. "It's not as bad as disturbing an owl while trying to catch a thrush," she assured her friend. She still wasn't entirely sure how she had managed it, terrifying and awesome though the experience had been. "Besides, I'm sure you'll get the next one!"

She was about to continue reassuring her friend when she saw it. A large squirrel on a low tree branch. She made her way up the other side of the tree as silently as possible, grateful that this was the one aspect of Clan life she was particularly skilled in. If there was one thing Emberpaw knew, it was climbing. When she felt she had the timing just right, she jumped for it, bringing the squirrel with her back to the ground and delivering a bite to its neck.

Last edited by Happy Hollydays on Sat 23 Dec 2017 - 19:52; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15072

PostSubject: Re: let the kids be kids   let the kids be kids EmptySat 25 Nov 2017 - 18:40

The member 'Holly' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

let the kids be kids Mistpe10
let the kids be kids Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: let the kids be kids   let the kids be kids Empty

Back to top Go down

let the kids be kids
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next