Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Characters : (P)Petalpaw (B)Barkkit (S)Sunkit
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 3341

It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux) Empty
PostSubject: It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux)   It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux) EmptyFri 9 Jun 2017 - 12:32

Shrewpaw was enjoying the feeling of being an apprentice. He could now go wherever he pleased in the territory without being constantly shoved right back into camp to be bored once again. He could basically go on an adventure every day if he wanted. However, today was reserved for payback on one specific cat that he still had some salt with. Today he would prove that he wasn't a kit, and that he could take care of himself. He padded a little closer to the apprentice den, then made his presence known. "Hey Reedpaw, you know how I said I'll explore the territory and show you that I can survive out there once I become an apprentice? Well, I'm an apprentice now, so let's go!" Without waiting for an answer, Shrewpaw started towards the exit of camp.

It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux) Signat10
Back to top Go down
Lux

Lux

Characters : Crowkit, Tigerpaw, Cloudpaw
Aries Cat
Number of posts : 582

PostSubject: Re: It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux)   It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux) EmptyFri 9 Jun 2017 - 12:53

Reedpaw eyes glanced an apprentice entering the den when he was cleaning his nest. He noticed that it was the same cat that a days before he met in the woods: Shrewkit, now Shrewpaw.
He was bigger than before but still younger than Reedpaw, who was larger than the average cat. The pale golden cat smirked when he heard the words of the apprentice talking to him. "Ha! I haven't forgotten about that! Let's see who of us is the best one out there." He meowed trotting out of the den and approaching Shrewpaw's side, leaving the camp together.
"So... who's your mentor, Shrewpaw? Have you learned some things about the outsides of the camp like you wanted to?"

Crowkit of Shadowclan:#0066ff
Tigerpaw of Riverclan:#006600
Cloudpaw of Riverclan: #00cc99
Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux)   It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux) EmptyFri 9 Jun 2017 - 14:22

"Yeah, I've learned a bit. My mentor is Maplecloud, and she's a pretty good mentor. My brother got your father," Shrewpaw replied, heading out of camp and into the rest of the territory. He hadn't actually done much training yet, but he didn't have to tell Reedpaw that. He scented the air for prey, and quickly made out the strong smell of a squirrel. An idea popped into his head then, and a mischievous smile grew on his face. "How about we see which of us can catch the most prey. That will show who is more capable."

Back to top Go down
Lux

Lux

Aries Cat

PostSubject: Re: It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux)   It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux) EmptyFri 9 Jun 2017 - 17:44

Reedpaw nodded when told him about his father being the mentor of his brother. He heard something about that a days before.
He walked along Shrewpaw, breathing the fresh air of the woods. The tom learned every shape of the trees and how the prey used to move. His days as an apprentice had been wonderful and he will prove to the other apprentice that he was an awesome hunter. "Then, what are we waiting for? I'll show what I can do."

OCC: Are we going to use the hunting system or just the regular role playing?

Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux)   It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux) EmptyFri 9 Jun 2017 - 18:57

OOC: How about hunting system? I prefer that.

IC: "Okay then. Let's get started!" Shrewpaw exclaimed. Without pausing, he started following the scent of squirrel that he had detected. He pushed through a little bit of undergrowth and spotted his prey. He crouched low to the ground, stepping forward without putting his weight on the paws he was stepping with. He hoped that he could catch this, it would prove his ability as an apprentice. When he felt it was the right time, he leapt towards the grey rodent. One of his paws hit the squirrel square in the back, stunning it. He lunged for its neck, and bit down hard. Proudly, he held up his catch for Reedpaw to see. "See, I can catch something."

Last edited by Squirrelnose on Fri 9 Jun 2017 - 18:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15111

PostSubject: Re: It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux)   It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux) EmptyFri 9 Jun 2017 - 18:57

The member 'Squirrelnose' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3

It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux) Mistpe10
It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Lux

Lux

Aries Cat

PostSubject: Re: It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux)   It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux) EmptyFri 9 Jun 2017 - 19:56

Reedpaw rolled hs eyes, unimpressed by the catch of the other apprentice. "Squirrels are easy prey to kill. They're everywhere. See... I'll show you" He meowed, walking slowly and wth his body crouched. The apprentice listened for any sound and smelled the air, searching for the closest animal.
His gaze caught a squirrel eating some seeds from the ground. Reedpaw smiled and approached it slowly, keeping his breath low as well as his steps. His body was covered by a bush and when it was the time, he jumped toward the rodent and his fangs dug in the pelt of the animal which had no time to run from his swift move.
He returned with the fresh-kill on his jaws, puffing up his chest and leaving the squirrel on his paws. "Pretty easy."

Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux)   It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux) EmptyFri 9 Jun 2017 - 19:56

The member 'Lux' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux)   It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux) EmptySat 10 Jun 2017 - 4:39

Shrewpaw grunted. "You just said that squirrels are easy to catch, then you tried to impress me by catching one. Well, let's go get something harder to catch!" Shrewpaw quickly looked around him, scenting the air. Pretty soon, he found a mouse nibbling on a nut at the base of a tree. This would be harder than a squirrel. Shrewpaw crouched down and slowly padded towards the creature he hoped to catch. When he was ready, he pounced onto it. Unfortunately, the mouse ran away at the sound of his leap. Determinedly, Shrewpaw lunged after it, just to hit into a tree. "Oh mouse dung!"

Last edited by Squirrelnose on Sat 10 Jun 2017 - 4:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux)   It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux) EmptySat 10 Jun 2017 - 4:39

The member 'Squirrelnose' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 9

Back to top Go down
Lux

Lux

Aries Cat

PostSubject: Re: It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux)   It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux) EmptySat 10 Jun 2017 - 19:52

"I was not trying to impress you at all." He meowed back to Shrewpaw before he started stalking another prey to catch. Reedpaw watched him quietly stepping slowly to a mouse and then jumped into it. But the animal was faster than a squirrel and smaller, so the apprentice failed. The golden tom expected that he would give up but instead, he continued chasing the rodent until he hit the tree.
Reedpaw couldn't help but laugh funny. However, he was also worried about the younger tom. "Ha ha! I'm sorry for laughing, Shrewpaw, but you would probably do the same if it was me who hit the tree! You're okay, right?" He was approaching him to see if he was harmed when his ears perked because of the noise of a close animal.
He turned his sight to a bird that just landed on a rock without noticing them. With a smile on his muzzle, the tom padded slowly to the dove with a lowered body. He put all his strength on his hind legs and hopped toward animal with open jaws. But the bird listened to him and flew away before he could reach it. Reedpaw landed clumsily on the other side of the rock and looked how the prey went away, disappointed by his failed try.
The apprentice returned to the side of Shrewpaw, smiling friendly. "It seems that we both had a bad luck in this round."

Last edited by Lux on Sat 10 Jun 2017 - 19:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux)   It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux) EmptySat 10 Jun 2017 - 19:52

The member 'Lux' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 9

Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux)   It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux) EmptySun 11 Jun 2017 - 4:47

OOC: Do you want to throw in the badger soon? Maybe Shrewpaw (because he is younger) could detect its scent and think that is prey, and follows the scent until Reedpaw tells him it's a badger. Also, battle system or no battle system when fighting the badger?

IC: "Yeah, I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" Shrewpaw huffed, getting to his paws. He let out a small purr of laughter when Reedpaw missed his prey as well, not really caring because Reedpaw had done it for him. Hearing Reedpaw's next words, Shrewpaw smirked. "Well I'm about to break that bad luck streak!" Shrewpaw said as if it was a fact, not a hope. He scented the air and detected something that he had never smelled before. Thinking that this new kind of prey might impress Reedpaw, he followed it. It wasn't nearly as close as the last two had been, but it still was as strong, suggesting that it was a bit bigger than the other ones he had tried to catch. But that was fine with him, the bigger the better in fact!

Back to top Go down
Lux

Lux

Aries Cat

PostSubject: Re: It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux)   It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux) EmptySun 11 Jun 2017 - 9:38

OCC: Yeah. I think is a good time to the badger to appear and I like your idea. I honestly don't want to use the battle system in this one  Big Grin

IC: Reedpaw smiled after Shrewpaw's words. He always semmed to be so optimistic all the time but that wasn't always a good attribute. Sometimes it was necessary to be realistic.
The older tom followed the apprentice with curiosity after he started moving searching for a new prey that he still hadn't detected. When he was walking behind him quietly his nose smelled the air trying to find that Shrewpaw was aiming to catch. But there was not such a prey. It was a bigger animal and more dangerous. The pale golden cat stopped his steps frightened. This wasn't a safe place anymore. They had to run now. "Shrewpaw, stop! There's a badger close! We must leave now before it...!" He suddenly stopped, afraid. The apprentice now could see the black and white pelt of the predator who was in front of the other cat. Oh, no... it's too late to run now...

Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux)   It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux) EmptySun 11 Jun 2017 - 14:37

"A badger is near?" Shrewpaw asked with curiosity. He had heard about badgers before, and had no idea what the smelled like. Only that they were big with gray fur, and they were one of those things that cats got all worked up about. He saw a large amount of gray fur, though they weren't as big as he had imagined them being. His curiosity was added by a want to tell his clan that he had fought a badger. His want to do so was purely self-serving, not thinking this was something the clan needed to be protected from. To Reedpaw he shouted: "Come on! Let's fight it!" Shrewpaw leaped for the badger without waiting for a response.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux)   It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux) Empty

Back to top Go down

It turns out that badgers bite. Hard. (Closed for Lux)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next